Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72039 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#40123 Aug 22, 2012
tegods wrote:
We are still doing a circle jerk on nothing more than opinions, interpretations and beliefs based on things written by men, just like us. I have yet to see any proof that anyone on here can provide to substantiate their thoughts, myself included. All I have are thoughts and beliefs, based on nothing more than what I've read or heard over a lifetime. Had you grown up in a box, isolated from Israel, The Bible, Jesus Christ or God, would you still have the same beliefs? Did the indians in the new world have the same beliefs before we forced them to believe?
rabbee: and what makes you circle jerk, better than anyone elses? i do not see, where you can prove anything either. all you have is your, only alleged true mental magic.

at least i have had, visits from G-D HIMSELF. that you cannot prove nor disprove, with any kind of mental magic. my job is advice and counsel only, it does not include proof from G-D HIMSELF.

it is G-D'S Job, to prove it not mine. so if G-D, does not want to prove it, blame G-D for this not TheHisMessinger. for i have about another, sixty years yet to go. before i get appointed, as G-D jr of this whole world again.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#40141 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not believe what Moses wrote about God? Would you rather take the opinions of a man, 1800 years after the fact of an event, instead of relying on the scriptures of God?

Certainly we would believe what Moses wrote about God, but we must have a very strong proof that it was Moses the Prophet of God who wrote that..

Not that some anonymous writer passing of his own writings as Moses'

That connection between what Scriptures we have today and what Moses actually wrote (if he wrote anything at all by his pen) is the real question.

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#40142 Aug 23, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly we would believe what Moses wrote about God, but we must have a very strong proof that it was Moses the Prophet of God who wrote that..
That connection between what Scriptures we have today and what Moses actually wrote (if he wrote anything at all by his pen) is the real question.
Strange that the koran recognised the old testament scriptures and here you are mouthing off that you don't have proof. No one knows who wrote the koran, it was written after the death of the false prophet. He was illiterate. Even the muslims can't agree on the scriptures. Muslims killing muslims around the world. The koran has plagerised parts of the old testament to try and legitimise itself. It will never be reconginsed as anything other than a book of violence, murder and hate. It denegrates women and places them alongside chattel. Go and take a hike MUG the JUG
hillbillyboy

Johnson City, TN

#40145 Aug 23, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is the thing about the scriptures. They say what they say, and they dont care what we think about them. Either you believe them or you dont.

Its your choice.

In apostate works such as the Jerusalem torgum, the false teachers attempt to rewrite the scriptures to suit their own taste.

They basically are saying something like "The scripturse may say one thing, but what they actually mean is this other thing..."

So, they are false teachers.

God condemns those...

"Yes," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare,'The LORD declares.'"...Jeremiah 23:31

The word of God doesnt need that sort of help. God is more than capable of writing inspired scripture. He dont need the help of false teachers.

The false teachers who gave us man made opinions about them in the Jerusalem torgum (and others) didnt like what the scriptures said. So they basically came up with anti-scriptures. That is because they like the product of their own imaginations better than they like what the scriptures actually say.

The torgums put the opinion of man above the word of God.

That is because those false teachers have their own little Judaism thing going on, and the last thing they want is for God, or His Word, to get involved and mess it all up.

So, if you say you will not believe Moses wrote anything without strong proof, then I think you will run your days without ever having that proof.

None will be given, unless you feel the Holy Spirits supernatural hand pulling at your spirit, drawing you towards repentence and accepting the Messiah, who is Yeshua.

..."For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day....John 6:40

When you feel that touch on your soul, that is the proof.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#40154 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is the thing about the scriptures. They say what they say, and they dont care what we think about them. Either you believe them or you dont.
Its your choice.
In apostate works such as the Jerusalem torgum, the false teachers attempt to rewrite the scriptures to suit their own taste.
They basically are saying something like "The scripturse may say one thing, but what they actually mean is this other thing..."
God condemns those...
"Yes," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare,'The LORD declares.'"...Jeremiah 23:31
The word of God doesnt need that sort of help. God is more than capable of writing inspired scripture. He dont need the help of false teachers.
The false teachers who gave us man made opinions about them in the Jerusalem torgum (and others) didnt like what the scriptures said. So they basically came up with anti-scriptures. That is because they like the product of their own imaginations better than they like what the scriptures actually say.
That is because those false teachers have their own little Judaism thing going on, and the last thing they want is for God, or His Word, to get involved and mess it all up.
So, if you say you will not believe Moses wrote anything without strong proof, then I think you will run your days without ever having that proof.
None will be given, unless you feel the Holy Spirits supernatural hand pulling at your spirit, drawing you towards repentence and accepting the Messiah, who is Yeshua.
..."For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day....John 6:40
Persecution complex.
http://www.atheist-community.org/atheisteve/...
hillbillyboy

Johnson City, TN

#40155 Aug 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Persecution complex.
When you cannot find support for your arguments from the Word of God, you turn to the atheist sources.

Interesting...

King Saul did the same thing. After he had killed the priest (and could no longer communicate with God) then he turned to the dark side (the witch of endor).

Saul must have said to himself, "If God wont talk to me, maybe Satan will?"

I advise you to forsake using the dark sources, when engaged in a debate about the Word of the Lord.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#40156 Aug 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
The dilemma that messianic114 (er, hillbillyboy) faces is that scripture, whether divinely inspired or not, is being read by fallible humans that will interpret it based on their natural biases. Thousands of sects across all of the Abrahamic religions bears this out. Everyone thinks they're right. Some are more vocal about it than others, and some (like hillbillyboy) being downright obnoxious about it.

The false prophet claim applies to everyone, including hillbillyboy.

You would think that an omniscient, all-knowing being would have realized this and done a better job of communicating his/her/its true intentions.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#40157 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its your choice.
God condemns those...
I sincerely suggest that you do not believe anything more than this.

John in John 20:31 wants you to believe only this as a Christian:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

You are not allowed anything more than this. It is quite obvious that The quarreling Bishops and the Church fathers had not read or seen John till the 5th Century or were totally unaware of John.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#40158 Aug 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
rabbee: unless you can prove, to me otherwise. i don't remember there being, a true book of athiesm in TheTorah. shall i believe anything, and enemy of G-D has to say. should they even be, athiest, jewish, christian, buddist, pagan, or muslem?

should i even try to use, the antiG-D scripture of my enemies? because the everyone, else on earth is. should i really believe in their g-d, that i am not here in TheTorah being forever and always physically given. should i agree with their mental plans, on how to hide from G-D in TheTorah today?

can i really physically defeat G-D, by using the enemies mental tatics of denial? or have i only agreed to be, defeated by them against G-D. with their come let us all, pretend we are not here in TheTorah. and deny all the pestilence, plague and famine sent by G-D, because of this. should i murder my neighbor, with their vanity there is no G-D to be giving TheTorah now.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#40159 Aug 23, 2012
is a vichy government, with any eneny against G-D. really ever as good of an idea, as they only say it is.

is it ever good to form and alliance, with the devil in opposition to G-D here and now in TheTorah?
bmz

Location hidden

#40160 Aug 23, 2012
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that the koran recognised the old testament scriptures and here you are mouthing off that you don't have proof. No one knows who wrote the koran, it was written after the death of the false prophet. He was illiterate. Even the muslims can't agree on the scriptures. Muslims killing muslims around the world. The koran has plagerised parts of the old testament to try and legitimise itself. It will never be reconginsed as anything other than a book of violence, murder and hate. It denegrates women and places them alongside chattel. Go and take a hike MUG the JUG
Qur'aan does not recognize the Old and the New Testament. What made you feel that Qur'aan recognizes those two books?

The Old Testament is full of forgeries and corruption and the New Testament is also full of edits, forgeries and corruption.

Qur'aan only recognizes the revelations given to Moses and Jesus. The entire Tanakh (Jewish Bible) was not given to Moses and neither was the entire New Testament given to Jesus. It would be hilarious to say that the New Testament was revealed to Jesus.

We can easily make out the revelations given to Moses and Jesus, when we read the scriptures.

You do not even know what plagiarism is! If Qur'aan had palgiarized the Christian Bible, it would not have condemned Trinity and the son of God, junk and stuff. Qur'aan refutes and condemns those two.

In fact, Christians have plagiarized the Jewish Holy Scriptures by copying and forging them from very poor translations in Greek, known as the Septuagint and other books, done for a foreign elite in Ptolemy's time and in his library.

Let Muslims kill Muslims. What is that to you? You should be happy. Many Muslims, who are your friends, are being killed by the Muslims, who are your enemies.

Muslim world needs massive revolutions and bloodshed, which you already had in the West. They need it to reform and will come up. No worries.

Stop whining and ranting. Muslims are six hundred years behind but they will catch up faster in a very short period. The killings must go on. That is how refinement and reconciliation comes.

Look at the Europeans back a few decades. They were horrible and were at each other's throats. European Christians killed millions of Christians in the two world wars. And only civilized recently. Right? Even the bloody Pope and the Vatican has civilized recently.

What do you see now? EU. Are there anymore movies coming such as Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles dare, Apache, Sioux and the Comanches or programmes like 'Alo 'Alo mocking each other?

This is now time for the bloodshed in the Muslim world. Don't be softie or drama queens. Let it happen and don't interfere. Do you really love Syrians and other Muslims? My foot!

Look at your own culture and see how women and people are treated in your own country. Look at the crime rate. Your crime rate surpasses the total crime of all the Muslim and the world by many times. LMAO!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#40161 Aug 23, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan does not recognize the Old and the New Testament. What made you feel that Qur'aan recognizes those two books?
The Old Testament is full of forgeries and corruption and the New Testament is also full of edits, forgeries and corruption.
Qur'aan only recognizes the revelations given to Moses and Jesus. The entire Tanakh (Jewish Bible) was not given to Moses and neither was the entire New Testament given to Jesus. It would be hilarious to say that the New Testament was revealed to Jesus.
We can easily make out the revelations given to Moses and Jesus, when we read the scriptures.
You do not even know what plagiarism is! If Qur'aan had palgiarized the Christian Bible, it would not have condemned Trinity and the son of God, junk and stuff. Qur'aan refutes and condemns those two.
In fact, Christians have plagiarized the Jewish Holy Scriptures by copying and forging them from very poor translations in Greek, known as the Septuagint and other books, done for a foreign elite in Ptolemy's time and in his library.
Let Muslims kill Muslims. What is that to you? You should be happy. Many Muslims, who are your friends, are being killed by the Muslims, who are your enemies.
Muslim world needs massive revolutions and bloodshed, which you already had in the West. They need it to reform and will come up. No worries.
Stop whining and ranting. Muslims are six hundred years behind but they will catch up faster in a very short period. The killings must go on. That is how refinement and reconciliation comes.
Look at the Europeans back a few decades. They were horrible and were at each other's throats. European Christians killed millions of Christians in the two world wars. And only civilized recently. Right? Even the bloody Pope and the Vatican has civilized recently.
What do you see now? EU. Are there anymore movies coming such as Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles dare, Apache, Sioux and the Comanches or programmes like 'Alo 'Alo mocking each other?
This is now time for the bloodshed in the Muslim world. Don't be softie or drama queens. Let it happen and don't interfere. Do you really love Syrians and other Muslims? My foot!
Look at your own culture and see how women and people are treated in your own country. Look at the crime rate. Your crime rate surpasses the total crime of all the Muslim and the world by many times. LMAO!
rabbee: i do not use, the evil of even one. to justify anyone elses, commisions of evil. would you use what adolph hitler did to justify muslems killing muslems? two opposing evils, killing each other is just that.

there is somthing wrong, in the whole world against G-D today. and you still do not, know what it is. you even call G-D'S increasing anger, globall warming in defiance of G-D. you even mentally avoid the plages of G-D, like a plague. all wars, are sent plagues too.

the whole world today, are suffereing the effects of idolitry. idolitry that turns the blind eyes, to the pestilence, plague, and famine sent because of it. for as long as their is idolitry on earth, there shall be no peace on earth granted by G-D.

i judge not only, muslems guilty of idolitry. but christians, jews, atheists, russians, democrats, republicans, irish, brittish, chinese, and hispanic too. the whole world is guilty again with the arrivial of the more subtle than any other beast of the fields just again, here in TheTorah.
hillbillyboy

Johnson City, TN

#40163 Aug 23, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The dilemma that messianic114 (er, hillbillyboy) faces is that scripture, whether divinely inspired or not, is being read by fallible humans that will interpret it based on their natural biases. Thousands of sects across all of the Abrahamic religions bears this out. Everyone thinks they're right. Some are more vocal about it than others, and some (like hillbillyboy) being downright obnoxious about it.
The false prophet claim applies to everyone, including hillbillyboy.
You would think that an omniscient, all-knowing being would have realized this and done a better job of communicating his/her/its true intentions.
Now there is a valid question, cult of reason. I commend you for bringing this up. And yes, you are correct, there should be a way of knowing what is true Word of God, and what is false.

There is. A teaching on this from Psalm 12...

Psalm 12:2...Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.

3...May the LORD cut off all flattering lips and every boastful tongue

4...that says, "We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips--who is our master?"

5..."Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."

6...And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.

7...O LORD, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever.

8...The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.

And then there is this...

..."Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand."...Daniel 12:10

..."For the fool speaks folly, his mind is busy with evil: He practices ungodliness and spreads error concerning the LORD; the hungry he leaves empty and from the thirsty he withholds water."...Isaiah 32:6

So much for false teachers. They teach things that keep others from finding God. But what of the true teachers?

For that, we must understand the work of the Holy Spirit of God, and what the Spirit teaches.

Before the Messiah came the Spirit was largely on the prophets, whose words we have today. But after the Messiah came, the Holy Spirit was given unto believers at large.

This direct access fulfilled and replaced the temple system of priestly intercession. Now, just by faith, a person can pray directly to God, and have the Holy Spirit within them, as these Old Testament scriptures foretold...

...""And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."...Joel 2:28

...""And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son."...Zechariah 12:10

..."No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying,'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."...Jeremiah 31:34

Every believer is under one command, the "Great Commission" which is for us to go out and witness to the World, the Salvation message of the Messiah. This is a requirement of every Christian.

And with the Holy Spirit within the heart of every true believer, then results of this are guaranteed to come in. Here is some scripture to back it up...

..."so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."...Isaiah 55:11

So, the knowledge of God unto man, is going out every day, all over the world.

Even here, today
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#40165 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cannot find support for your arguments from the Word of God, you turn to the atheist sources.
Interesting...
King Saul did the same thing. After he had killed the priest (and could no longer communicate with God) then he turned to the dark side (the witch of endor).
Saul must have said to himself, "If God wont talk to me, maybe Satan will?"
I advise you to forsake using the dark sources, when engaged in a debate about the Word of the Lord.
The link was atheist - the message is universal.
hillbillyboy

Johnson City, TN

#40166 Aug 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>The link was atheist - the message is universal.
When we discuss the Holy Scriptures, we are handling the things of God.

..."Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing! Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the vessels of the LORD."...Isaiah 52:11

..."He warned the assembly, "Move back from the tents of these wicked men! Do not touch anything belonging to them, or you will be swept away because of all their sins."...Numbers 16:26

Or..."And he spoke unto the congregation, saying:'Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be swept away in all their sins.'"

From here...

Numbers 16 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0416.htm

The teaching is clear. We are to avoid unclean things. So when we discuss the Holy Scriptures, let it be to educate one another and lift up the understanding of God among each other. This is pleasing to God. And always with thanks and praise that He gave us the Holy scriptures so we can learn about Him.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#40167 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is a valid question, cult of reason. I commend you for bringing this up. And yes, you are correct, there should be a way of knowing what is true Word of God, and what is false.
Psalm 12:2...Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.
4...that says, "We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips--who is our master?"
5..."Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."
6...And the words of the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
..."Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand."...Daniel 12:10
..."For the fool speaks folly, his mind is busy with evil: He practices ungodliness and spreads error concerning the LORD; the hungry he leaves empty and from the thirsty he withholds water."...Isaiah 32:6
So much for false teachers. They teach things that keep others from finding God. But what of the true teachers?
For that, we must understand the work of the Holy Spirit of God, and what the Spirit teaches.
Before the Messiah came the Spirit was largely on the prophets, whose words we have today. But after the Messiah came, the Holy Spirit was given unto believers at large.
This direct access fulfilled and replaced the temple system of priestly intercession. Now, just by faith, a person can pray directly to God, and have the Holy Spirit within them, as these Old Testament scriptures foretold...
...""And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."...Joel 2:28
...""And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son."...Zechariah 12:10
..."No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying,'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."...Jeremiah 31:34
Every believer is under one command, the "Great Commission" which is for us to go out and witness to the World, the Salvation message of the Messiah. This is a requirement of every Christian.
And with the Holy Spirit within the heart of every true believer, then results of this are guaranteed to come in. Here is some scripture to back it up...
..."so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."...Isaiah 55:11
Even here, today
yawn

Location hidden

#40168 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
...there should be a way of knowing what is true Word of God, and what is false.
Even here, today
A long winded post that doesn't address the crux of the issue.

1. The bible is not the undisputed word of god until you can definitively prove it. Referencing bible quotes to prove the divinity of the bible is circular reasoning.

2. Quoting from the bible doesn't resolve the disputes of the multitude of conflicting interpretations. You need to prove which interpretation is correct (if any truly are) in a way that leaves no question. You have not done that. You've simply offered your interpretation.

3. You also need to resolve the open questions of translation mistakes, sections added, removed, edited, etc... You still have not done that to anyone's satisfaction.

Location hidden

#40169 Aug 23, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn
Good reading when you have insomnia.

Didn't you know the bible is true because the bible says its true? You can't argue with that logic.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#40170 Aug 23, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Good reading when you have insomnia..
I'd be afraid of nightmares.
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know the bible is true because the bible says its true? You can't argue with that logic.
Actually, you can. And you did.
bmz

Location hidden

#40171 Aug 23, 2012
hillbillyboy wrote:
That appears to be a very poor translation. Must be from soem version of the OT.

"Look on me ......... and mourn for him" does not make any sense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min smile n wave 1,601,738
News Oprah Winfrey lists Elmwood Park house, her las... (Nov '16) 2 hr Fiery Fox 3
Chicago has the Worst Women (Jun '16) 3 hr Fiery Fox 151
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 3 hr Fiery Fox 77
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SweLL GirL 11,313
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Joe Balls 242,612
The Party of Racism. 7 hr CANT DENY HISTORY 28

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages