AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Two members of an elevator installers union were appointed to a new state elevator-safety board about the time their local gave a $10,000 campaign contribution to Gov.

Comments (Page 367)

Showing posts 7,321 - 7,340 of7,558
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frank Fan

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Brad I feel your pain. It must be difacult to know you fought a war and you have been utterly defeated because your ally (DOL) stood by and let you and your rebels get slaughtered. At times you had a chance to win the war but in the end the DOL came around to our side. Did out political connections help? They probably did. The old saying you can't fight City Hall is true in this case too. We have much more money and can afford the best attorneys, while you relied on bureaucrats that serve on the whim of their political masters. As you have seen, we have too much political influence and are too powerful for your bunch of Merry Men. Brad, you have lost your job, you career and soon everything and for what? You didn't want to better yourself and become a mechanic. It wasn't you fault, it was Frank's fault. You know with that attitude even Walmart won't hire you. Brad, look at it this way even Lynch got hired by Carlsen, why won't they hire you? You need to look inward to see the real cause of all your problems, its not others, just look in the mirror to find that answer.
Criminal Investigation

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

That is a sad state of affairs when yess men take over a union and corrupt it. I think it is funny how corrupt this union really is and how having corrupt democratic politicians in your pockets by renting them makes you superior beings. Every dog has their day dan. At least we don't have to cheat to achieve success or rely on your opinion. Doing the right thing is easy. Everybody has to be accountable but you ? IUEC has a history of stacking the deck and changing the rules as you go along. I guess thats why they are under Criminal Investigation? Have they returned your records ? I didn't think so.

To have such a corrupt president is the reason he will lose!

Carlson pays better than the union and the playing field is level.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Brad,

You need to move on with your life. Frank won snd beat you like the rented mule that you are. You're all talk, while Frank is all action. Frank makes over a $250,000 a year, you're on food stamps. Who's succesful and who lives on the government teat? Huh Brad? Frank will be playing golf with congressmen and senators and you'll be looking in garbage cans for aluminium cans. You keep on talking about Romney, you know Brad if he wins no more food stamps. You're a sad individual that is all talk, you've never had a spine or a brain.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Brad I went into the near future, March 5, 2013 and I found your new residence and vehicle I took a picture so I can show you that you need to move on with your life.

http://lawrencecentral.highschoolmedia.org/wp...
disgruntled

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

frank has come a long way from sleeping at carsons and crashing elevators.
he was born to fail. what goes around..........
Frank Fan

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

disgruntled wrote:
frank has come a long way from sleeping at carsons and crashing elevators.
he was born to fail. what goes around..........
If failing is becoming General President then Brad you must be the ultimate loser
Criminal Investigation

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

When you have to cheat, bribe, extort your way to the top you sound alot like Charlie Sheen, Winning.

It will be good to have a REAL president and not some empty chair in the white house.

Why are democrats so allergic to the truth ? Why are democrats so afraid to be accountable like everybody else? When you turn on the lights the Cockroaches scatter.

Still no proof. Where is the letter from the DOL? Or is there a video from the DOL? How about that 29 page declaration ? Or how about a Judge Castillo order granting the FOIA? Reality: its not going to happen.
Frank fans a beat off

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Nice opening greeting is it me or do you appear to be looking down on the reader (members) in your photo? Does it feel so at home so normal? The letter seems so challenging to the other general officers, they've been put on notice, it's your way or the highway. Just like old times. Noticed jimmy didn't kiss up will he be first? You won't be able to help yourself....... Just like old times. Was it unamious lots of rumors out there. Just like old times.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Congrats to Frank Christensen on his appointment by President Obama to his Labor Advisory Board. Could the rumors be true that in 2013 he will be replacing Hilda Solis as Labor Secretary? He would truly represent the working man and unions.
Felony Brad

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

We know about your past and what happened years ago. You continue to post we will post everything. Brad it takes a theif
Frank and Blago

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

How is your criminal buddy doing ?
Vote Republican

Delton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Our country depends on it !
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Congrats to Dan Baumann and Jack McManus. I would like to use this platform to talk to the members. I am supporting John Valone for Business Rep., he has been an officer for 15 years and President the last 8 years. He brings a unique blend of bulldog and intelligence to the job. I have worked with John in the past where he always looked out for the members. He knows the contract, the labor laws and most important he has the ability to get the most for the members. I have talked to members who were fighting Frank and I was told they are supporting John Valone because he is not only the right man for the job and that he is a fair person. I was tolf that a former Son of Liberty has been telling members to vote for John Valone and Baumann because they will do a great job for the members.

It isn't that Bill Cook is nor a good member, he is. It's just John is the best choice and the only choice for the members of Local 2
Vote Republican

Petersburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

For enduring Freedom

Obama endorses corruption
None of the Above

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Have any cujones to stand up to frank.

A union of yes men does not make a good union, it only weakens it.

An uneducated and un informed union member is not make a strong union it only further weakens it.
Moving forward

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Bill cook, good for America, great for local 2.
Mr general president

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

You taught them well when your hearing "don't you people know how much it costs the local to have a election" who is "you" in that statement just some rank and file members trying to exercise their membership rights. Ah you did teach your puppet well and don't kid yourself or the members your still pulling the strings at local 2 and you always will be. Maybe John can explain to everyone how to double dip at mcCormick place that's one of his finer qualities. Frank fan your such a son of liberty want to be but you couldn't hack it so you became a Frankie suck you beat off.
Frank Fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Mr. General President, I never wanted to be a Son of Liberty. But I do have news for you , a former SOL has been telling members to vote for Valone and Baumann because they will do a good job for the members. He said that Baumann with Valone will make a great team to make sure the members' rights are protected and he believes that the union with Valone and Baumann that the local will be in great hands and that peace will finally come to the union which will benefit all. Now that is not my words thos are words from a Son of Liberty founder. I like Bill Cook, he's been a good members and teacher for a number of years but I feel that Valone is the best choice for the local. I wish Bill well but lets face facts, Bill doesn't have the skills or credentials to do the job.
Moving forward

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Once again Bill Cook, good for America, great for local 2. Nothing against John but let's breathe a breath of fresh air through the hall. John has the best job any one can have being at McCormick place. Billy will do better being an agent.
my god

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

col. sanders is still running for office talk about a A S S hole... this old dude needs to be put in the deep fryer....what beat offs same old crap same old club... open your eyes and see what a weak union local 2 is ...oh ya he is a good deal by all means vote him in .wow .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,321 - 7,340 of7,558
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,342
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,033,034
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min DDDD-25 42,915
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min edogxxx 95,934
Abby 4-16 16 min edogxxx 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Cult of Reason 64,875
Amy 4-16 21 min ScarletandOlive 3
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance