Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
L3: It would be ridiculous inappropriate. You HAD your wedding. Just because it didn't come with a big party doesn't make it any less legitimate.
I understand you think vow renewals are silly(and I agree), but why is it inappropriate? Fo the most part, a wedding is just a big party for all the invitees. What's inappropriate about throwing a big party for your 10th anniversary? How is it more inappropriate thant throwing a big birthday party?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I understand you think vow renewals are silly(and I agree), but why is it inappropriate? Fo the most part, a wedding is just a big party for all the invitees. What's inappropriate about throwing a big party for your 10th anniversary? How is it more inappropriate thant throwing a big birthday party?
She wants a *wedding ceremony*. I have nothing positive to say about that. She had her wedding. She didn't ask to throw an anniversary party.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

LW1 - the first step is recognizing that there's a problem... and i think she's done taht. i'd say start lookign for the good in the kid - "thanks for playing with sissy while i fix dinner" "good job on that test yesterday" - etc., adn keep lookign for a better therapist. Ask the ones youve been to for recommendations for family therapists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

L1: Your kid is the way she is BECAUSE of how she's being raised, not in spite of how you're raising her. Stop blaming her apparently absent father for her shortcomings as a human being and look in a mirror. This is 100% on you.
Sam I Am

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

1. Give Emma up. You're a piece of crap and I don't know how you live with yourself.

2. Whocareswhocareswhocareswhocar eswhocareswhocares?

Why do so many people need to be told what do about such silly things?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
She wants a *wedding ceremony*. I have nothing positive to say about that. She had her wedding. She didn't ask to throw an anniversary party.
Eh. I thought I read her say renew their vows or 10th anniversary, but I guess the only 10 year ref was that they have been married for 10 years.

So question:
If one of your friends was going to have a big party to celebrate their 10th anniversary and requested no gifts, would you got?

Would you change your mind if they were going to renew their vows at this party?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh. I thought I read her say renew their vows or 10th anniversary, but I guess the only 10 year ref was that they have been married for 10 years.
So question:
If one of your friends was going to have a big party to celebrate their 10th anniversary and requested no gifts, would you got?
Would you change your mind if they were going to renew their vows at this party?
I'd *probably* go if I didn't have something better to do. Vow renewal? Only for very close friends I don't want to alienate or hurt. Honestly, I can't think of any friends I have who would do that, thank goodness.

I'm not going to hurt/alienate good friends over something that's important to them and important that I be there.

Unless there's no booze being served. ;)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd *probably* go if I didn't have something better to do. Vow renewal? Only for very close friends I don't want to alienate or hurt. Honestly, I can't think of any friends I have who would do that, thank goodness.
I'm not going to hurt/alienate good friends over something that's important to them and important that I be there.
Unless there's no booze being served. ;)
Better not be a cash bar, either!
Julie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

LW1: Jebus, lady. Abandon your kid by the side of the road. The poor girl will be better off than if she had to spend the rest of her childhood with a selfish, immature POS like you. F you, you miserable btch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE