Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,248

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
lol

Rockford, IL

#55824 Jun 22, 2014
Greg will be right back....he/she is at the little girl auction at the church...greg had another child once but got a good price for her. Took the money and bought the wifey some new shoes and a perscription of xanex

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#55825 Jun 22, 2014
truth wrote:
Hey Greg, remember when I said that even your religion would change to accept gay marriage and people like you would be viewed as monsters by future generations? It's happening before your eyes.
http://news.yahoo.com/presbyterian-assembly-g...
http://www.christianpost.com/news/pcusa-decli...

"The Presbyterian Church (USA) continued its years-long trend of losing congregations and members in 2013, according to statistics released by the mainline Protestant denomination last week."

"One of the causes of the declining number of congregations in the PCUSA was the creation of the Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians, a theologically conservative body.

Formed in early 2012 in response to the PCUSA allowing for practicing homosexuals to be ordained as ministers, many of the congregations dismissed from the PCUSA have proceeded to seek affiliation with the ECO.

Congregations that have recently left for the ECO have included the 4,000-member Highland Park Presbyterian Church of Dallas and the 3,500-plus member Menlo Park Presbyterian Church of California."
lol

Chicago, IL

#55827 Jun 22, 2014
ohhh by the way kimaria I want too thank you for switching me from agnostic too straight up atheist...... I dont want to be associated with slavery and apparent drug addiction. I no longer am looking for an answer to religion, i find it and its slave selling followers to be disgusting.
lol

Chicago, IL

#55828 Jun 22, 2014
Hold on a second maybe this could be useful.So greg, what's the going rate for children these days? Are they sold by the pound? Is there different prices for different colors? The only reason I'm asking is my fishing buddy needs a new outboard and he's got a little plump kid. Maybe you and him can figure something out. Do I get a 10% transaction fee after the purchace for being a middle man?.... sorry i don't know how this works, i thought I would ask the expert
truth

Granite City, IL

#55829 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.christianpost.com/news/pcusa-decli...
"The Presbyterian Church (USA) continued its years-long trend of losing congregations and members in 2013, according to statistics released by the mainline Protestant denomination last week."
"One of the causes of the declining number of congregations in the PCUSA was the creation of the Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians, a theologically conservative body.
Formed in early 2012 in response to the PCUSA allowing for practicing homosexuals to be ordained as ministers, many of the congregations dismissed from the PCUSA have proceeded to seek affiliation with the ECO.
Congregations that have recently left for the ECO have included the 4,000-member Highland Park Presbyterian Church of Dallas and the 3,500-plus member Menlo Park Presbyterian Church of California."
From my original article:

"Since the 2011 gay ordination vote, 428 of the denomination's more than 10,000 churches have left for other more conservative denominations or have dissolved, though some theological conservatives have remained within the denomination as they decide how to move forward. The church now has about 1.8 million members."

428 churches have rebelled out of over 10,000.

My article covered this point. You didn't need to go find some bigoted fundamentalist Christian website that spins it so that it sounds like the Presbyterians are suffering for doing the right thing. We cal that lying and it's something that you Christians seem to specialize in.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55830 Jun 22, 2014
Not to mention that the largest denomination in the US, the Methodist church, is split 50-50 on this issue and is about to splinter into two separate churches. Currently there are more Christians in support of gay marriage than there are against it.

Location hidden

#55831 Jun 22, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
From my original article:
"Since the 2011 gay ordination vote, 428 of the denomination's more than 10,000 churches have left for other more conservative denominations or have dissolved, though some theological conservatives have remained within the denomination as they decide how to move forward. The church now has about 1.8 million members."
428 churches have rebelled out of over 10,000.
My article covered this point. You didn't need to go find some bigoted fundamentalist Christian website that spins it so that it sounds like the Presbyterians are suffering for doing the right thing. We cal that lying and it's something that you Christians seem to specialize in.

Every denomination committing this heresy is a diminishing and dying denomination.

Your example of the Methodist denomination is only another example.

I did not insinuate that this apostasy occurred in the vacuum of desecrating marriage. It is clear that liberal theology is at the root.

But the bottom line is this;

Matthew 19:4-6 (NASB)
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

When the disciples questioned the absoluteness of this, Jesus offered three alternatives, all involving celibacy.

You abdicate Christianity when you discard this truth.

Smile.
lol

Chicago, IL

#55832 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Every denomination committing this heresy is a diminishing and dying denomination.
I did not insinuate that this apostasy occurred in the vacuum of desecrating marriage. It is clear that liberal theology is at the root.
And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,
5 and said,'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?
6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
When the disciples questioned the absoluteness of this, Jesus offered three alternatives, all involving celibacy.
Smile.
quit throwing hermie fits and throwing made up peice of paper around you short strokin testicle girl
truth

Granite City, IL

#55833 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Every denomination performing this sacred rite is dying? BWAHAHAHAHA!

Once again, you're delusional. All denominations have been losing members whether or not they support gay marriage. Christianity is waning in this country. Less than 30% of people under 25 identify as Xtian. They just don't identify with your mythology.

So why are you quoting buy-bull passages about the horrors of divorce? This is about gay marriage.

Location hidden

#55834 Jun 22, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're delusional. All denominations have been losing members whether or not they support gay marriage. C
You want to provide validation, or do I need to expose your deceit and idiocy again?

Smile.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#55835 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Girls,
You are in a limp wristed gay troll hissy fit.
I'm simply noting reality.
Ss couples are inferior to marriage. There is nothing you can do to change that reality.
Your foot stomping hate filled rage only exposes your depravity. You've been bitch slapped by reality and it hurts.
Get real.
Smile.
Thank you for sharing your opinions. As always, they mean nothing to anyone other than you.

Smile puppet.
lol

Chicago, IL

#55836 Jun 22, 2014
http://www.christianpost.com/news/americans-l...

there's one that say the internet and EDUCATION are causing people to leave religion...there's a million reasons people are leavind. One study simply said those born after 1982 are less religious. You all use internet validation which is completly stupid. For every study on the internet there's another saying something different. I'm sure some have left over ssm, others probably left because they don't want too be associatec with ignorant people like kimare. Others probably left because they're not into child slavery....You're so ignorant kimare its people like you and all those other radical idiots like those at wacco tx and other religious compounds and cults that give religion a bad name. You can't put it all or even the mass majority of it on ssm...You really are that stupid and narrow minded though....you prove daily gay sex is the majority of you're life, you think about it all day long. Its funny you fedicated your life to ssm, you know what its idiots like you that its even an issue in our country....you're causing yourself to loose the battle you so heartedly think you can win

smirk lmfao
lol

Chicago, IL

#55837 Jun 22, 2014
http://www.evilbible.com/

you want some internet validation? How about this one....shows a bunch of disgusting passages in the bible.....i was especially repulsed by the ones about killing unborn and living children....the passage. in mathew about bashing children's heads into rocks is especially disturbing....how the fk kimare can you use a book that teaches this kind of fkd up stuff, to validate anything? I'm sure you'll ignore this too because you know the bible is ignorant and wrong....or are you really that disgusting?
lol

Chicago, IL

#55838 Jun 22, 2014
I'm sorry the verse in mathew is about men cutting off their privates.....its Isah that talks about bashing babies heads into rocks.......whewwww glad I got that straightened up....wouldnt want any one cutting off the babies privates while bashing their own head into a rock

damn you religious fks are sick in the head

smirk
lol

Chicago, IL

#55839 Jun 22, 2014
*Isaiah
lol

Chicago, IL

#55840 Jun 22, 2014
Sorry again Isaiah is about child abuse being ok....
there's to many disturbing verses to keep them straight here's the one about baby bashing

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt ause they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an ading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, ir pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)
lol

Chicago, IL

#55841 Jun 22, 2014
The part about pregnant woman is a lovely touch.....apparenty your god is 1 sick fk and quite the puss.....no wonder you follow him
lol

Chicago, IL

#55842 Jun 22, 2014
"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB

another one for you to follow you sick puke

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55843 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to provide validation, or do I need to expose your deceit and idiocy again?
Smile.
From the Wikipedia entry on Mainline Protestants:

Since the 1960s, however, mainline groups have shrunk as a percentage of the American population as increasing numbers of American Protestants have come to affiliate instead with fundamentalist, evangelical, or charismatic churches, or with no church at all. Mainline denominations peaked in membership in the 1950s and have declined steadily in the last half century. From 1965 to 1988, mainline church membership declined from 31 million to 25 million, then fell to 21 million in 2005.[12][13] While in 1970 the mainline churches claimed most Protestants and more than 30 percent of the population as members,[14] today they are a minority among American Protestants, claiming approximately 15 percent of American adults among their adherents in 2009.[15]

Location hidden

#55844 Jun 23, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Wikipedia entry on Mainline Protestants:
Since the 1960s, however, mainline groups have shrunk as a percentage of the American population as increasing numbers of American Protestants have come to affiliate instead with fundamentalist, evangelical, or charismatic churches, or with no church at all. Mainline denominations peaked in membership in the 1950s and have declined steadily in the last half century. From 1965 to 1988, mainline church membership declined from 31 million to 25 million, then fell to 21 million in 2005.[12][13] While in 1970 the mainline churches claimed most Protestants and more than 30 percent of the population as members,[14] today they are a minority among American Protestants, claiming approximately 15 percent of American adults among their adherents in 2009.[15]
The assertion was that all denominations were declining. You prove it wrong:

"as increasing numbers of American Protestants have come to affiliate instead with fundamentalist, evangelical, or charismatic churches"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,038
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques Ottawa 181,703
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 2 hr Sublime1 19
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 5 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]