Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#55852 Jun 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The assertion was that all denominations were declining.
I proved it wrong simply by quoting dusty's own reference.
"as increasing numbers of American Protestants have come to affiliate instead with fundamentalist, evangelical, or charismatic churches"
If you want a specific Denomination, try Assembly of God, Seventh Day Adventists or even Mormons.
I also just proved you an idiot again....
Smirk.
You left off the first part of Dusty's quote that states "as a percentage of the whole"

Were you deliberately lying or just too stupid to understand how important that part was to the rest of the quote?
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#55853 Jun 23, 2014
You also claimed that all fundamentalist cult sects were growing. Which the figure also shows to be false.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#55854 Jun 23, 2014
Here, try this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/15/repo...

Change your post handle, idiot.

Smile.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55855 Jun 23, 2014
Try what? I never said the Pentecostal church wasn't growing. The numbers I gave represent the whole picture. Which shows that some fundamentalist cults are declining. Meaning what you claimed was false. Sorry.

You were in the UCC. So are you with the Pentecostals now?
truth

Granite City, IL

#55856 Jun 23, 2014
And after analyzing the UCCs numbers some more, gay marriage has helped them.

They have been hemorrhaging membership since the 1960s, long before their acceptance of gay marriage. After allowing gay marriage their membership had a huge bubble, where new members joined in droves and reversed the declining trend. That initial bubble has went away and they are losing members again, but at a far slower rate than what they were before. Gay marriage is stabilizing the membership of that church, not hurting it. The numbers don't lie.

Location hidden

#55857 Jun 23, 2014
truth wrote:
Try what? I never said the Pentecostal church wasn't growing. The numbers I gave represent the whole picture. Which shows that some fundamentalist cults are declining. Meaning what you claimed was false. Sorry.
You were in the UCC. So are you with the Pentecostals now?
This is the headline of the Huffington Post story;

Evangelical Churches Still Growing, Mainline Protestantism In Decline

You have no credibility.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55859 Jun 23, 2014
truth wrote:
And after analyzing the UCCs numbers some more, gay marriage has helped them.
They have been hemorrhaging membership since the 1960s, long before their acceptance of gay marriage. After allowing gay marriage their membership had a huge bubble, where new members joined in droves and reversed the declining trend. That initial bubble has went away and they are losing members again, but at a far slower rate than what they were before. Gay marriage is stabilizing the membership of that church, not hurting it. The numbers don't lie.
Greg knows the truth on this. Many UCC congregation that have become Open and Affirming (OnA), have grown substantially. Some (primarily African American congregations) have faltered.

I too worked for the UCC for 30 years.

Location hidden

#55860 Jun 24, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg knows the truth on this. Many UCC congregation that have become Open and Affirming (OnA), have grown substantially. Some (primarily African American congregations) have faltered.
I too worked for the UCC for 30 years.
LOL,

African American congregations have not 'faltered', they LEFT. Nor have 'many' OnA congregations grown.

None of this changes the fact that both science and the Bible affirm the distinction of evolutionary mating behavior and marriage.

At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Smile.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55861 Jun 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the headline of the Huffington Post story;
You have no credibility.
Smile.
Actually I do. You have no intelligence is the problem.

When I said "all denominations" I was talking about them as a whole. Not as individuals.

Pity that you were too dumb to get it.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55862 Jun 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
African American congregations have not 'faltered', they LEFT. Nor have 'many' OnA congregations grown.
None of this changes the fact that both science and the Bible affirm the distinction of evolutionary mating behavior and marriage.
At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Smile.
Science does no such thing. It is cute watching a fundamentalist try to use evolution to bolster their religious points though.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/gay-gene-survived...

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/06/13/study-ma...

http://www.livescience.com/2623-gays-dont-ext...

If it did not provide some sort of survival advantage, homosexuality would not be seen in 4% of human populations. Even the most basic, high school level understanding of evolution would tell us this. Unfortunately for you Greg. you do not grasp the concepts at even the most basic levels.

Once again, you do not understand population genetics and your attempts to couch your fundamentalist religious argument in terms of science is absolutely hilarious. A dumb fundamentalist hillbilly preacher from the back woods of Tennessee who doesn't even believe in evolution trying to use evolution to support his biblical argument? Does it get any more ridiculous?

"At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior."

This is nothing more than your opinion. As is everything that follows. The problem here is that you form your opinions based on your fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible so you believe that your opinion means a helluva lot more than it actually does. It's just the opinion of some dumb old hillbilly Pentecostal preacher. Yet you think it's the unalterable word of God.

Basically, you're mentally ill. You talk to an imaginary friend who tells you to hate others based on their differing political beliefs. Cookoo. Cookoo.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55863 Jun 24, 2014
So at your Pentecostal church do you holy roll, Greg? Do you get so overcome by the spirit that you run around screaming and fall to the ground overcome by the power of the spirit? Do you speak in tongues, Greg?

My mother's family was Pentecostal. I was taken to Pentecostal services with my grandmother when I was a child. It's what caused me to lose my faith. When I saw adults acting like such ridiculous idiots and carrying on like a mental ward, I immediately realized the whole God thing was nothing but a stage play. A fictional routine put on the stage for suckers.

Thankfully I got to see this neurotic schtick while I was still young. If I had stayed in the Catholic Church of my father's family I might have never came to the realization of what a joke Christianity actually is. It took seeing Pentecostal mockery of real Christianity for me to figure it out.

Pentecostal people are drama addicts. They need that drama play and the huge emotional release that comes along with it every week. Their services are nothing more than emotional masturbation where everyone gets themselves together and works themselves up into a froth of mass delusion. It's complete insanity. If you walk into a Pentecostal service and feel like there is something there that you relate to, you are mentally ill. I know this because I've seen and experienced it first hand.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#55864 Jun 24, 2014
truth wrote:
So at your Pentecostal church do you holy roll, Greg? Do you get so overcome by the spirit that you run around screaming and fall to the ground overcome by the power of the spirit? Do you speak in tongues, Greg?
My mother's family was Pentecostal. I was taken to Pentecostal services with my grandmother when I was a child. It's what caused me to lose my faith. When I saw adults acting like such ridiculous idiots and carrying on like a mental ward, I immediately realized the whole God thing was nothing but a stage play. A fictional routine put on the stage for suckers.
Thankfully I got to see this neurotic schtick while I was still young. If I had stayed in the Catholic Church of my father's family I might have never came to the realization of what a joke Christianity actually is. It took seeing Pentecostal mockery of real Christianity for me to figure it out.
Pentecostal people are drama addicts. They need that drama play and the huge emotional release that comes along with it every week. Their services are nothing more than emotional masturbation where everyone gets themselves together and works themselves up into a froth of mass delusion. It's complete insanity. If you walk into a Pentecostal service and feel like there is something there that you relate to, you are mentally ill. I know this because I've seen and experienced it first hand.
Right you are! I worked with a guy that went to a Pentecostal church......You like drama queens in religion....go there! ROTFL!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#55865 Jun 24, 2014
I got to see that circus at 8 years old.
Totally agree with you...it is off the charts.
truth wrote:
Cali Girl 2014xt

Sylmar, CA

#55866 Jun 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>This is the headline of the Huffington Post story;

You have no credibility.

Smile.
Says a liar,cheater,and de-frocked
Pastor.....
Oh please

Beverly, MA

#55867 Jun 24, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Right you are! I worked with a guy that went to a Pentecostal church......You like drama queens in religion....go there! ROTFL!
Yep, agree 100%!

Location hidden

#55868 Jun 24, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does no such thing. It is cute watching a fundamentalist try to use evolution to bolster their religious points though.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...
http://www.medicaldaily.com/gay-gene-survived...
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/06/13/study-ma...
http://www.livescience.com/2623-gays-dont-ext...
If it did not provide some sort of survival advantage, homosexuality would not be seen in 4% of human populations. Even the most basic, high school level understanding of evolution would tell us this. Unfortunately for you Greg. you do not grasp the concepts at even the most basic levels.
Once again, you do not understand population genetics and your attempts to couch your fundamentalist religious argument in terms of science is absolutely hilarious. A dumb fundamentalist hillbilly preacher from the back woods of Tennessee who doesn't even believe in evolution trying to use evolution to support his biblical argument? Does it get any more ridiculous?
"At its most basic essence marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior."
This is nothing more than your opinion. As is everything that follows. The problem here is that you form your opinions based on your fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible so you believe that your opinion means a helluva lot more than it actually does. It's just the opinion of some dumb old hillbilly Pentecostal preacher. Yet you think it's the unalterable word of God.
Basically, you're mentally ill. You talk to an imaginary friend who tells you to hate others based on their differing political beliefs. Cookoo. Cookoo.
It is one of a number of theories currently on the table. I've even posted as one among a number of possibilities.

Calling me mentally ill does not disprove that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. The only thing it proves is that you are a troll with no argument.

But more disturbing is your bigoted hatred toward religion. In YOUR community, right now, there are countless Churches involved in benevolent service, not to mention investing time in bettering themselves.

The biggest thing gays did in our community was to spread AIDS!!!

Get real honey!

Location hidden

#55869 Jun 24, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do. You have no intelligence is the problem.
When I said "all denominations" I was talking about them as a whole. Not as individuals.
Pity that you were too dumb to get it.
You are gay twirling with a limp wrist.

Smile.

Location hidden

#55870 Jun 24, 2014
Cali Girl 2014xt wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a liar,cheater,and de-frocked
Pastor.....
Says a troll using libel because they have no reasoned response.

Smile.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55871 Jun 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of a number of theories currently on the table. I've even posted as one among a number of possibilities.
Calling me mentally ill does not disprove that marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. The only thing it proves is that you are a troll with no argument.
But more disturbing is your bigoted hatred toward religion. In YOUR community, right now, there are countless Churches involved in benevolent service, not to mention investing time in bettering themselves.
The biggest thing gays did in our community was to spread AIDS!!!
Get real honey!
If the shoe fits. I'm pointing out that your argument is not logical and yet you insist that it is. That and about 4 defense mechanisms you use to avoid dealing with reality. I've posited plenty of arguments. You ignore them and preach on. You are the one without an argument here. All you have is your opinion. Your fundamentalist religious opinion.

So you are a holy rolling, tongue speaking, faith healing Pentecostal then?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

When it comes to dumb fundamentalists, the Pentecostals are the dumbest and the most crazy. As I said, I was forced to go to Pentecostal services as a youth. They are an absolute mockery of real Christianity. It's nothing but a bunch of drama addicts getting their emotional fix. Honestly, after learning this about you it makes sense that you are here doing this.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55872 Jun 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are gay twirling with a limp wrist.
Smile.
Spread lies and hatred, Greg. It's what people have come to expect from fundamentalists like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Libtardimus Maximus 1,567,841
Trump Just Sux 24 min Manhunt 97
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min SweLL GirL 11,040
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr Alyssa76 3,673
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Maverick 808 242,132
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 8 hr BIG Lie Continues 9
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 9 hr Coverup And Bombs 13

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages