Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,302

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Cali Girl 2014xt

Northridge, CA

#55741 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>You can twist it any way you see fit to suit your own needs, I said nothing about judging or hating anyone. You can lash out at me however you want, it does not change the truth, don't tell me about a god that you know nothing about, cause if you did you would not be making the accusations you are making. Like I said the truth is in the bible not in your bias statements.
You don't follow the Bible word for
word either Pal.....
gospel

Granite City, IL

#55742 Jun 19, 2014
Cali Girl 2014xt wrote:
<quoted text>You don't follow the Bible word for
word either Pal.....
Like you would know, I tried you refuse I'm done, done all I can do, you are stuck on accusing me of hating homosexuals, I understand it happens everyday, people can't move on and grow because they get stuck on simple lies they believe, like I said you refuse so I walk on by.
Cali Girl 2014xt

Northridge, CA

#55743 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>Like you would know, I tried you refuse I'm done, done all I can do, you are stuck on accusing me of hating homosexuals, I understand it happens everyday, people can't move on and grow because they get stuck on simple lies they believe, like I said you refuse so I walk on by.
Thank God!
Sister Zealia

Tinley Park, IL

#55744 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you would know, I tried you refuse I'm done, done all I can do, you are stuck on accusing me of hating homosexuals, I understand it happens everyday, people can't move on and grow because they get stuck on simple lies they believe, like I said you refuse so I walk on by.
Jesus said ...

Matthew 7:12 So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets.

Tell me, how does two consenting adults in a loving relationship violate the "Golden Rule"?

James 2:8-13 If indeed you [really] fulfill the royal Law in accordance with the Scripture, You shall love your neighbor as [you love] yourself, you do well.

But if you show servile regard (prejudice, favoritism) for people, you commit sin and are rebuked and convicted by the Law as violators and offenders.

For whosoever keeps the Law [as a] whole but stumbles and offends in one [single instance] has become guilty of [breaking] all of it.

For He Who said, You shall not commit adultery, also said, You shall not kill. If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become guilty of transgressing the [whole] Law.

So speak and so act as [people should] who are to be judged under the law of liberty [the moral instruction given by Christ, especially about love].

For to him who has shown no mercy the judgment [will be] merciless, but mercy [full of glad confidence] exults victoriously over judgment.
Cali Girl 2014xt

Northridge, CA

#55745 Jun 19, 2014
Sister Zealia wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said ...

Matthew 7:12 So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets.

Tell me, how does two consenting adults in a loving relationship violate the "Golden Rule"?

James 2:8-13 If indeed you [really] fulfill the royal Law in accordance with the Scripture, You shall love your neighbor as [you love] yourself, you do well.

But if you show servile regard (prejudice, favoritism) for people, you commit sin and are rebuked and convicted by the Law as violators and offenders.

For whosoever keeps the Law [as a] whole but stumbles and offends in one [single instance] has become guilty of [breaking] all of it.

For He Who said, You shall not commit adultery, also said, You shall not kill. If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become guilty of transgressing the [whole] Law.

So speak and so act as [people should] who are to be judged under the law of liberty [the moral instruction given by Christ, especially about love].

For to him who has shown no mercy the judgment [will be] merciless, but mercy [full of glad confidence] exults victoriously over judgment.
AMEN!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#55746 Jun 19, 2014
Cali Girl 2014xt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing Gramps!! LOL
Thank you again. Sunday i will be 60. Gay aids won't be my cause of death. Oh and by the way, my grandkids are descendants from my blood. not from some gay that shivers in fear at the sight of a women.
Ace

Christopher, IL

#55747 Jun 19, 2014
Sister Zealia wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said ...
Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as ...
biblehub.com/leviticus/18-22.htm
Bible Hub
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. English Standard Version You shall not lie with a male as ...

Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and ...
biblehub.com/genesis/2-24.htm
Bible Hub
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and ... 2:18-25 Power over the creatures was given to man, and as a proof of this he .... 1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children,.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#55748 Jun 19, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Here is my positive thought on SSM. The more twinkies that get married, the more women that leaves for me. The competition is dwindling. Soon it will be 10 women for every man instead of two :) Some men just handle a good women lol.
The exact same number of women will be available to you whether gays marry or not moron. And given your posts, I'm guessing that total number to be about 5, and they are all related to you.
Cali Girl 2014xt

Whittier, CA

#55749 Jun 19, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you again. Sunday i will be 60. Gay aids won't be my cause of death. Oh and by the way, my grandkids are descendants from my blood. not from some gay that shivers in fear at the sight of a women.
Good for you! What if one of your
Grandkids are Gay?Would you throw
them away?Let me guess......
Your blood keeps them straight?
Get outta town with this crap!!
Cali Girl 2014xt

Whittier, CA

#55750 Jun 19, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as ...
Bible Hub
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin. English Standard Version You shall not lie with a male as ...

Bible Hub
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and ... 2:18-25 Power over the creatures was given to man, and as a proof of this he .... 1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children,.
I will take my chances and embrace
Diversity and my fellow humans here.
The Lord will understand me,don't
care if a close minded hater like you
does,but you have a nice day anyway.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55751 Jun 19, 2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/19/repu...

"In one of the briefs, 14 former Michigan Republican legislators and others in the party affirmed that conservative "values are advanced by recognizing civil marriage rights for same-sex couples," rather than harmed.

Marriage is strengthened and its benefits, importance to society, and the social stability of the family unit are promoted by providing access to civil marriage for same-sex couples," they argue. "Providing access to civil marriage for same-sex couples poses no credible threat to religious freedom or to the institution of religious marriage."

Allowing gay marriage makes the institution of marriage stronger and supports conservative values.

Location hidden

#55752 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
It does not matter who says it's legal,
Yes, actually it does. The Constitution trumps your bible in this country and it always will.
gospel wrote:
the bible says homosexuality is a sin,
that’s completely debatable, and many biblical scholars disagree with your interpretation. In the end it’s irrelevant. You bible states a LOT of ridiculous things, which is why our Constitution makes sure that no citizen is subject to it’s nonsense.
gospel wrote:
so when you die you will go to hell for living a life of sin,
Your bible makes it quite clear that only your Hebrew god knows who will go to heaven or to hell. Are you god?
gospel wrote:
you can choose not to believe in the bible, that's your choice,
That’s not a choice. YOU can choose to believe in it. Given that there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that you deity is not a complete myth, not believing in him is not a choice. You’re statement is a stupid as saying,“you can choose not to believe in Zeus, that’s your choice”. See how stupid that sounds? Not believing in things there is no evidence is not a choice, it’s simply rational thinking.
gospel wrote:
it's the truth if you believe or not,
prove it.

**crickets chirping**
gospel wrote:
there is a heaven and there is a hell,
prove it.

**crickets chirping**
gospel wrote:
we all die sooner or later, people are so caught up with pleasing they're self here and now they forget about eternity, live a life pleasing to god or suffer the consequences.
Homosexuality and marriage has nothing to do with “pleasing one’s self”. Thanks for demonstrating how absolutely uneducated you are on what’s being discussed in this forum.

Oh, and just fyi, if “heaven” means spending an eternity with your deity (who never once says that humans are worthy of respect or fairness, and who is both a murderer and a rapist) and his dumbass followers like yourself? No thanks.

Now, you trot along and find a forum that is related to your Hebrew god. That is not what this forum is about.
Rage Poster

Saint Louis, MO

#55753 Jun 19, 2014
Can't argue with that.
But you're still a hater.
truth wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2014/06/19/republicans-michiga n-gay-marriage-ban_n_5511435.h tml?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
"In one of the briefs, 14 former Michigan Republican legislators and others in the party affirmed that conservative "values are advanced by recognizing civil marriage rights for same-sex couples," rather than harmed.
Marriage is strengthened and its benefits, importance to society, and the social stability of the family unit are promoted by providing access to civil marriage for same-sex couples," they argue. "Providing access to civil marriage for same-sex couples poses no credible threat to religious freedom or to the institution of religious marriage."
Allowing gay marriage makes the institution of marriage stronger and supports conservative values.

Location hidden

#55754 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
You can twist it any way you see fit to suit your own needs,
Just like you're doing.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about judging or hating anyone.
Actually you did. You stated who was going to hell. That’s a judgment. And it’s one your very own Hebrew god states you are not qualified to make.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lash out at me however you want,
Dial it down a notch drama queen. Disagreeing with your opinions is not “lashing out”. Honestly, you fundamentalists and your persecution routine. So lame.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
it does not change the truth,
You’ve no stated truths, you’ve stated your opinions, they are two totally different concepts.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text
don't tell me about a god that you know nothing about,
Right. Only you know about the Hebrew god, and everyone else is supposed to sit back and listen to YOUR version of him till the cows come home, right? Fundamentalists are so hypocritical.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
cause if you did you would not be making the accusations you are making.
That’s based on your opinions. Opinions the majority of people don’t agree with. And if you had any sense of decency or human respect, you would not be making the accusations YOU are making. But decency and respect aren’t high on the importance meter for fundamentalists are they.
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said the truth is in the bible not in your bias statements.
That is your opinion. Many do not share it. Your bible also states that there are four limbed flying creatures, that the moon emits light, that the earth is the center of the universe, that the earth was at one time completely covered in water, and that the earth is only 6000 years old. You’re bible is full of bullshit that has been scientifically PROVEN to be inaccurate.
truth

Granite City, IL

#55755 Jun 19, 2014
Rage Poster wrote:
Can't argue with that.
But you're still a hater.
<quoted text>
Says the guy who posts nothing but personal attacks against me.

Do you have anything to add to the topic, or are you just trying to deal with your impotent rage?

Location hidden

#55756 Jun 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Got some serious stupid gay denial going on...
The fact that you think you have presented anything that requires being denied is hilarious.

Keep dancing puppet.
Sister Zealia

Tinley Park, IL

#55757 Jun 19, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:22 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as ...
Bible Hub
Bible Hub
That doesn't answer my question.

Jesus was under the Law. According to the Law, a woman caught in adultery should be stoned to death. The legalistic Pharisees brought the woman to Jesus and wanted her stoned to death. Instead Jesus showed her mercy and forgave her.

Did Jesus sin because He failed to do what the Law commands?

Or did He obey a higher Law when He choose to show mercy?

Location hidden

#55758 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually this thread is at the top of the list every time I check out topix, once in a while I'll read some of the post to see what keeps it so popular, you can accuse me of any thing you want, I know where my heart is, and I'm not preaching any where just pointing out the simplest of facts pertaining to this topic,
Wow, now there’s a load of BS.

1) Were you asked about your deity by another poster? If the answer is no, then you most certainly are “preaching”. More accurately you’re proselytizing.

2) You’ve presented no facts, only your religious opinions.

3) Religion does not pertain to this thread in any way. This thread is about homosexuals and their marriages and originally how it related to Illinois.

gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate any one, but the bible tells those who have the comprehension while reading it that if your brother is living in sin to educate him and make it known to him so he can deal with it, the devil deceives us anyway he can he knows our weakness so if you are lonely the devil will exploit this and convince you it's ok to sleep with whoever, people aren't born gay it's a lie they believe because the devil exploits their weakness, it's very simple for those who are interested in learning you study the bible ready to learn you will see the truth and be happy and content with the truth, people seek happiness in life willing to do anything to find it, just read your bible with an open heart, there is no hate in it just lesson after lesson on love respect and finding happiness, anyone who tells you different has never really read it
Thanks for sharing your version of Christianity and your opinions that go along with them. However, no one asked you for your religious opinions, nor do they have anything to do with this thread.

Location hidden

#55759 Jun 19, 2014
gospel wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror much? What you know about homosexuality is zilch. nada. zip. But like most fundamentalists, you can't moe on and grow because you've got stuck on what was spoon fed to you by religious people who are also as clueless as you and they believe the lies they speak. You refuse, so we move along without you.

Pot, meet kettle.

Location hidden

#55760 Jun 19, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you again. Sunday i will be 60. Gay aids won't be my cause of death.
Um, moron, AIDS is an acronym not a word. It's also a diagnosis, not an illness so no one will die of AIDS. And for the record, HIV (the actual virus) was spread by and through straight people for nearly 60 years before it ever entered the gay community. But you're 60, one can see why you're so uneducated about current things.
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and by the way, my grandkids are descendants from my blood. not from some gay that shivers in fear at the sight of a women.
Um, half of gays ARE woman moron. And no male gay shivers in fear at the sight of a woman.

For someone as seasoned as yourself, you sure do have no problems demonstrating how stupid you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Guru 182,168
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Yeah 1,156,210
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 71,268
Fight at Navy Pier 58 min joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 2 hr Tim 146
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?