Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52083 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Maggie

Canton, IL

#55155 May 23, 2014
I don't think the world will fall apart over this, or this state and country will suddenly be struck by the wrath of God, nor do I think there will suddenly be a huge push to 'turn normal children into "them", but when a simple piece of paper, bought at the local courthouse, signed and dated, recorded, gives 2 people a long list of legal rights, then yes, there needs to be marriage equality for everyone. The next of kin, the right of survivorship, without challenge by law, or blood relative, the 'lot' of legalities that, in this country, come automatically with a registered marriage. For me, that is what I see as the biggest issue about not allowing certain people or groups to marry.
Go far enough back in our history and it was marriage across racial lines that was illegal, go to Some countries and it is marriage across religious lines that is illegal and punishable by death.
I don't care if you are gay or straight, married or living together, or choose to stay single, it is and should be Your right, Your life and Your personal business.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#55156 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you said before Duck Dynasty...
Ss couples are embarrassingly inferior to marriage.
No it's not. There you go lying again. You are compulsive.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#55157 May 23, 2014
The Total Opinion of Many wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a mere registered piece of Obama dung. The best part of you ended up as a brown stain on mums mattress.
So what you are saying is that they should be gunned down, but you are too much of a coward to do it?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#55159 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:

LOL, you wish.
He just exposed your marrage as a fraud.
But hey, I give you credit for the most reasoned response you've ever posted!
Smile.
He didn't "expose" a damn thing. He expressed an opinion. And his, like yours, doesn't count for a hill of beans. His opinions have had no effect on negating my marriage or stopping the inevitable marriage equality in all 50 states. But don't let facts get in your way gramps, we all know how fundies hate facts.

Location hidden

#55160 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
And SS couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointless duplicate gender halves of marriage.
Clearly inferior.
Marrage at the most.
And there is not one Damn thing you can do about it.
Smile.
Married in EVERY way that you are, completely equal, and not a damn thing you can do about it princess.

Location hidden

#55161 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my toast;
And SS couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointless duplicate gender halves of marriage.
Clearly inferior.
Marrage at the most.
And there is not one Damn thing you can do about it.
Smile.
Here's my toast. Your opinions are completely irrelevant and always will be. Not one dam thing you can do about it.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#55162 May 23, 2014
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>tattel tail .... you homosexuals are cry babys' man up!
Refuse to "Man" up! I'm a woman...

Since: Sep 11

Newcastle, UK

#55163 May 24, 2014
Conchita Wurst is now active in Europe. :-)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#55164 May 24, 2014
At a baseball game the kid in a ss couple home looked over at the kid with his mom and dad cheering him on in the stands.

That's what your marriage equality looks like in reality.

Since: Sep 11

Newcastle, UK

#55166 May 24, 2014
But legally 2 Man could marry,adopt a few 20 Tear old Bebe's and have a great Life all 2gether :-)
KiMerdes MnPssy

Elkhorn, WI

#55167 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
At a baseball game the kid in a ss couple home looked over at the kid with his mom and dad cheering him on in the stands.
No, that's what projection looks like.

Location hidden

#55168 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMerdes MnPssy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what projection looks like.
"Psychological projection is the act or technique of defending oneself against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in oneself, while attributing them to others."

Please, explain what you are saying.

Smile.
KiMerdes MnPssy

Elkhorn, WI

#55169 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Psychological projection is the act or technique of defending oneself against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in oneself, while attributing them to others."
Please, explain what you are saying.
Smile.
Sure, since you're too stupid to get it on your own.

You're implying that the kid from the SS couple looks longingly at the kid from the str8 couple, as if he's somehow jealous.

You don't KNOW that, you merely assume it.

And THAT'S why your projecting your feelings into the scenario.

Idiot.

Do you need a quarter, so you can buy a clue, sht-for-brains?
well

Mchenry, IL

#55170 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Did your sons look a the other parents in the stands and wish for them instead of the monster mutation of a father they got?

What is most important to kids is that some one, any one is cheering for them in the stands...not the gender of those cheering.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#55171 May 25, 2014
You got that right Well!

Location hidden

#55172 May 25, 2014
KiMerdes MnPssy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, since you're too stupid to get it on your own.
You're implying that the kid from the SS couple looks longingly at the kid from the str8 couple, as if he's somehow jealous.
You don't KNOW that, you merely assume it.
And THAT'S why your projecting your feelings into the scenario.
Idiot.
Do you need a quarter, so you can buy a clue, sht-for-brains?
I understood exactly what you were implying.

I just wanted you to explain exactly what you were implying, ie, child in a ss household is too dumb to notice they are missing a mother or father, and if they do, they won't care.

This is why millions of years of evolution put children in hetero sexual homes, and not ss homes. Stay away from kids heartless pervert!
intolerance

Waterloo, IL

#55173 May 25, 2014
The world is over populated as is, so the less people reproduce the better. Also, get over yourselves you bible jockies that think people are going to hell or heaven because there is no such place. All we are is energy that gets redirected somewhere else in the universe we our bodies shit out on us.

Moral of the story: let people be happy doing whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone in the process before their bodies shit out on them and dont waste your time worrying about others for no reason.
KiMerdes MnPssy

Elkhorn, WI

#55174 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted you to explain exactly what you were implying, ie, child in a ss household is too dumb to notice they are missing a mother or father, and if they do, they won't care.
This is why millions of years of evolution put children in hetero sexual homes, and not ss homes. Stay away from kids heartless pervert!

Ya, too bad your juvenile ploy failed to work, bonehead. That was a pretty sophomoric effort.

Location hidden

#55175 May 25, 2014
intolerance wrote:
The world is over populated as is, so the less people reproduce the better. Also, get over yourselves you bible jockies that think people are going to hell or heaven because there is no such place. All we are is energy that gets redirected somewhere else in the universe we our bodies shit out on us.
Moral of the story: let people be happy doing whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone in the process before their bodies shit out on them and dont waste your time worrying about others for no reason.

Um, the world is not over populated.

You have no proof what exists in this universe. Or another universes.

You had no 'moral', just ignorant claims.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That is why sodomy is illegal in many places.

However, it is the idiotic attempt to equate ss couples to marriage that crosses a line. When it is demanded that I accept a clear lie, I am, as you claim,'intolerant' for good reason.

Smile.

Location hidden

#55176 May 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerdes MnPssy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, too bad your juvenile ploy failed to work, bonehead. That was a pretty sophomoric effort.
Have no idea what 'failed to work', you once again have no reasoned response.

SMile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min My New Alias RULES 1,509,512
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,076
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 239,522
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 10,502
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 3,632
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 5 hr Mel 199
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Mothra 63,572

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages