Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52909 Mar 6, 2014
So you don't deny hating Christians?
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your baseless assumptions. They are as irrelevant and meaningless as your false accusations. Have a nice day. Will you be providing the post numbers anytime soon that demonstrate the "hatred of Christians" you accused me of? I'm still waiting. Thanks so much.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#52910 Mar 6, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>When I refute Scott's posts he spoofs my screen name and makes childish comments. No big deal. It only proves what a joke this guy is.
Oh I know all about it.Called me names
when I didn't agree with his LDS like
BS...Or should I say LSD...

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52911 Mar 6, 2014
truth wrote:
cult and fundie. Any other derogatory terms you would like to use?
Fundie is an abbreviation, that doesn't make it derogatory. if you wish to see it as such, that's your issue, not ours.

And Christianity most certainly can be described as a cult. It exhibits all the characteristics of a cult. Again, your dislike of that FACT isn't our issue.

CHARACTERISTICS OF A CULT

* The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader (God) and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

&#8234; * Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged

* Members are given a new identity (confirmation, baptism, born again, etc)

&#8234;* Mind-altering practices (such as repetition, prayer, chanting, speaking in tongues,) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

&#8234; * The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel

*&#8234; The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members.

* &#8234; The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

&#8234;* The leader (God) is not accountable to any authorities

* &#8234; The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary.

* &#8234; The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

&#8234;* Subservience to the leader (God) or group can require members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

&#8234; * The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

&#8234;* The group is preoccupied with making money.

&#8234;* Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

&#8234; * Members are encouraged to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

&#8234;* The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be.

Pretty much describes every denomination of Christianity.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52912 Mar 6, 2014
truth wrote:
So you don't deny hating Christians?
<quoted text>
Why would I deny something I never stated? That would be as stupid. Maybe that's a practice in your cult, but those of us in the real world to operate on such a foolish level.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52913 Mar 6, 2014
Communicate to us that you do NOT hate Christianity.
And this all goes away.
The only one looking foolish here is you so far.
This is your chance to change that.
<quoted text>
Why would I deny something I never stated? That would be as stupid. Maybe that's a practice in your cult, but those of us in the real world to operate on such a foolish level.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52914 Mar 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Fundie is an abbreviation, that doesn't make it derogatory. if you wish to see it as such, that's your issue, not ours.
And Christianity most certainly can be described as a cult. It exhibits all the characteristics of a cult. Again, your dislike of that FACT isn't our issue.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CULT
* The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader (God) and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
&#8234; * Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged
* Members are given a new identity (confirmation, baptism, born again, etc)
&#8234;* Mind-altering practices (such as repetition, prayer, chanting, speaking in tongues,) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
&#8234; * The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel
*&#8234; The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members.
* &#8234; The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
&#8234;* The leader (God) is not accountable to any authorities
* &#8234; The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary.
* &#8234; The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
&#8234;* Subservience to the leader (God) or group can require members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
&#8234; * The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
&#8234;* The group is preoccupied with making money.
&#8234;* Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
&#8234; * Members are encouraged to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
&#8234;* The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be.
Pretty much describes every denomination of Christianity.
Sounds to me like you are describing the goverment.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52915 Mar 6, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot! LOL.
Typical liberal response. Name calling and hate that's all you know to do.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52916 Mar 6, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know all about it.Called me names
when I didn't agree with his LDS like
BS...Or should I say LSD...
As much bashing I receive I've never responded with name calling. You need to find the post and prove me wrong.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#52917 Mar 6, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>As much bashing I receive I've never responded with name calling. You need to find the post and prove me wrong.
I'm pretty sure you told me off several times when you and that other fundie
were trying to say my Pastor was
wrong.You are not worth my time,
go back and look yourself if you care,
I don't.
america the craphole

Galesburg, IL

#52918 Mar 6, 2014
wow so much debate anger
i am not racist or anything else but
90 percent or more crime and shooting black youths
who thinks they own the streets in freeport cars and people wont move
and to many other things pants around ankles
yet you scream racism persecution everything else
whos spotlighting themselves whos bad naming spotlighting there race and the good ones
i have known many great men men not color sex choice men polite mannered etc i see only men
the rest bring bigotry and all
same sex marriage lets go radical God said a union between man and woman
and a funny one from the bible man shal not lay with man women with women and heres Gods sense of humor man shal not lay with animal ok bored horny farmers leave the sheep alone lmao
i dont really care i had a great friend who died that chose that life just a normal nice friend sad he died heart attack
feel bad for his partner
but like blacks shut the F#$# up if your going to spotlight your sex choice and rub it in our face
i dont care what liberty's you want you put the spotlight on you and the innocent ones like my friend
its all a joke and getting worse im racist to putting the spotlight and or bad name on your group
like hating Muslims there just people the bad they deny and are not of that faith
this country has so much crap so much plastered on the news
kid rock song says it best its getting raciest to be white wow now we are persecuted and all that fun yet they still scream same old crap
looking guilty

Waterloo, IL

#52919 Mar 6, 2014
Google "anti Christian" and that picture is the first thing that shows up.
Explain yourself.
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#52920 Mar 6, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal response. Name calling and hate that's all you know to do.
You know nothing of what I know but I you clearly haven't demonstrated that you are an idiot . That isn't name calling, either - it is an emperical observation.
And who cares about what a typically liberal would respond??? Are you so enamored to your agenda and catch phrases that you can't think for yourself? Are you a Mike Savage sheep?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52922 Mar 6, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of what I know but I you clearly haven't demonstrated that you are an idiot . That isn't name calling, either - it is an emperical observation.
And who cares about what a typically liberal would respond??? Are you so enamored to your agenda and catch phrases that you can't think for yourself? Are you a Mike Savage sheep?
I am a sheep of no one but GOD... Have no idea who mike savage is. Pot smokin' hippie go free free. That's just an observation.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#52923 Mar 6, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a sheep of no one but GOD... Have no idea who mike savage is. Pot smokin' hippie go free free. That's just an observation.
Well sheep of god, stop smoking so much dope. Your long winded streams of consciousness are lame. Here my response to you, reposted from a while back:
1) Marriage is a basic human right. Denying marriage licenses to gay couples for the sole reason of matching genitalia is unethical, unfair and hurtful.
2) What total strangers do with their lives doesn't change who you are or your marriage. That goes for total strangers who are also gay. So stop trying to tell others they need your personal "genital check approval" to get married.
3) The fact that government thinks they belong in the business of regulating marriage is something I think deserves some serious reflection.
4a) Marriage requires NO religious affiliation whatsoever and religious affiliations have ZERO say in marriage.
4b)…besides, if there is a god and he didn't want people to be gay, then they wouldn’t be gay!
5) Marriage does NOT require sex or reproduction.
6) Sex and reproduction do NOT require marriage.
7) Only dolts can't figure out how to understand #5 & #6.
8) What turns you on sexually,… well turns you on! Nobody chooses what gets them going. If you happen to get turned on by a member of the same sex, well that's just the way it is and only a fool would deny that (goes for straights too).
9) Gay marriage has nothing to with polygamy. Or necrophilia. Or pedophiles, Yankee fans, vegetarians, liberals, conservatives, incest, or sex with animals. Only mindless drones try to turn the discussion into those kind of fake points.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52924 Mar 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean a REAL marriage!
Yeah, our friends, family, colleagues, employers, state and federal governments call our marriage REAL.

I know; that's a little too real for you.....

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52925 Mar 6, 2014
What happened to Earth Angel? I really miss him.

NOT!!!!!!!!!

:-)
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#52926 Mar 6, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:

NOT!!!!!!!!!

He got tired of being right.....LMAO!!
I've had flies buzz me like him, he
needed a swat!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#52927 Mar 7, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, our friends, family, colleagues, employers, state and federal governments call our marriage REAL.
I know; that's a little too real for you.....
No silly, a marriage that produces life, not a ss relationship that is absolutely barren totally desolate!

There could not be a more graphic difference!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52929 Mar 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No silly, a marriage that produces life, not a ss relationship that is absolutely barren totally desolate!
There could not be a more graphic difference!
You mean like two senior citizens?
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52930 Mar 7, 2014
Registered Earth Angel ran off after calling him out on being anti christian.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
NOT!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,683,709
Trump is A 49 min Corptax Scam Dealer 372
A movie George Norcross had banned 2 hr Informant 1
George Norcross Raped NJ residents of Millions 3 hr Informant 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Earl 243,244
This is and WILL occur in the USA. 5 hr SITEfukinDeleters 3
last post wins! (Dec '10) 11 hr They cannot kill ... 3,228

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages