Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52853 Mar 5, 2014
uncle sam wrote:
We got room for other Gods as long as they think like us.
<quoted text>
You have room for other Gods even if they don't think like you. It's in the Constitution.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52854 Mar 5, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Illinois law also says it's legal to drink alcohol to, does that mean we should become an alcoholic, or support alcoholism?
No, it means that people who are of age to drink should do so if and when they feel like it, and you should support their right to do so if you actually believe in civil liberties. Who would support alcoholism? You fundies say the stupidest things.
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's warriors is taking our country over one vote at a time. People denying that gods law trumps mans law.
No, individuals who don't believe in your imaginary friend are no longer allowing his paranoid and fearful followers to think they get to force his imaginary rules onto everyone else.

And the Constitution still does, and always will, trump your buybull. Not a damn thing you can do about it in this country. Sorry as such an un-American you feel otherwise.

Location hidden

#52855 Mar 5, 2014
truth wrote:
Wrong again psycho Christian hater.
<quoted text>
make that three false accusations.

Feel free to cite any of my posts where this "hatred" of Christians is alluded too. I would love to see what information you are basing your accusations on!! I guess if I'm a Christian hater, that must make you an atheist hater!!!

Get back to me on those posts now, k?

Location hidden

#52856 Mar 5, 2014
uncle sam wrote:
On nation under GOD
That is not the Constitution, that's the pledge of allegiance.

And the "under GOD" was not part of the original pledge. This phrase was inserted into the pledge 62 years after its creation by religious congressmen who felt it ok to insert their particular religion into our pledge. Rest assured, it will be removed in the near future.

The same can be said of "In God we Trust", which was added years after our currency was established, and we already see new currency being made without it.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52857 Mar 5, 2014
You are VERY defensive.
Wonder why?
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
make that three false accusations.
Feel free to cite any of my posts where this "hatred" of Christians is alluded too. I would love to see what information you are basing your accusations on!! I guess if I'm a Christian hater, that must make you an atheist hater!!!
Get back to me on those posts now, k?
uncle sam

Saint Louis, MO

#52858 Mar 5, 2014
Maybe you can start a petition.
<quoted text>
That is not the Constitution, that's the pledge of allegiance.
And the "under GOD" was not part of the original pledge. This phrase was inserted into the pledge 62 years after its creation by religious congressmen who felt it ok to insert their particular religion into our pledge. Rest assured, it will be removed in the near future.
The same can be said of "In God we Trust", which was added years after our currency was established, and we already see new currency being made without it.

Location hidden

#52859 Mar 5, 2014
truth wrote:
You are VERY defensive.
Wonder why?
<quoted text>
Well, make that four false accusations. Still waiting on the posts I've made that demonstrate this supposed hatred of Christians you accuse me of. Will you be supplying those soon, or can I just expect another post where you arbitrarily pretend to know what my mood or state of mind is?
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52860 Mar 5, 2014
I'm not getting on your nerves am I?
Hope you don't find me annoying.
<quoted text>
Well, make that four false accusations. Still waiting on the posts I've made that demonstrate this supposed hatred of Christians you accuse me of. Will you be supplying those soon, or can I just expect another post where you arbitrarily pretend to know what my mood or state of mind is?
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#52861 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Satan's warriors?

Clearly you have had too much to drink.
Satin's Warriors sounds like a metal
band...lol

Location hidden

#52862 Mar 5, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would your petty posts get on my nerves?!!
relax

Chicago, IL

#52863 Mar 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Satin's Warriors sounds like a metal
band...lol
Satans Warriors was actually an obscure death metal band from the '80's. I'm not sure if " clearly you've had too much to drink" was ever a song or an album, but with a band name like that i guess its a possibility ......lol
truth

Granite City, IL

#52864 Mar 5, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No. When it comes to trolling you an amateur and not very good. Keep trying though, maybe some day it will bring meaning to your pathetic life.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#52865 Mar 5, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And, in other news, same sex couples can still legally marry in Illinois.
Your trolling this thread is silly, since your comments are irrelevant to the laws of this state. Perhaps you should start a thread about another state where the action is still playing out.
And in old news, ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Smile.

Location hidden

#52866 Mar 5, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your "facts" invalidate the legal validity of my marriage?
Did even ONE SINGLE "FACT" you posted negate my federally recognized marriage?
We all see just how well your "facts" are working out for you.
What marriage?

Seriously.

Location hidden

#52867 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stop right there, idiot. They are NOT "accepted facts."
Be specific, what points are not accepted facts?

It is a brief paragraph, be specific.

Smirk.
truth

Granite City, IL

#52868 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And in old news, ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Smile.
Yeah, yeah. We heard your opinion the first time. You know the great thing about equality? It doesn't need your approval.
truth

Granite City, IL

#52869 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What marriage?
Seriously.
Keep pretending.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fullpage/poll-...

It's just a matter of time before the Supreme Court rules it legal in all 50 states. A few months. Probably less.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#52870 Mar 5, 2014
LMAO SO funny!!!
scooby doo

Waterloo, IL

#52871 Mar 5, 2014
Don't be so hard on yourself.
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No. When it comes to trolling you an amateur and not very good. Keep trying though, maybe some day it will bring meaning to your pathetic life.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52873 Mar 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What marriage?
Seriously.
My marriage. Seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 225,418
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,412
Is Melania Trump a Mail Order Bride? 58 min lawrencemcdonald444 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Diamonds7156 61,452
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,644
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 2,055
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 3,176

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages