Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

relax

Kewanee, IL

#52774 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
He would respond in the same way; if you know anything about him he was a great christian man.
You have no idea how he would respond in todays world, he lived in a different era. He may or may not have had the same views, people are allowed to change, I'm not saying he woyld have. So is what you're saying is to do as all great historical figures (i.e. Abe Lincoln, George Washington, both religious men) have done? Or just certain ones? honest questions
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52775 Mar 4, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on so many levels. I do like how Scott’s little cut and paste states “Christians and all people of good will” as if all Christians are of good will! Hilarious. What the fundies hate is that the public school system will be teaching about homosexuality in an appropriate and informative way based upon facts, and not their interpretation of their buybull. The public school system, and all state and federal programs will recognize homosexuals as EQUAL and NATURAL, which they are. As for acceptance, fundamentalists will continue to be able to withhold their acceptance. Just like all those fine Christians in that Christian organization known as the Ku Klux Klan do. There is no imposition being made on all of society. Fundies are more than able to teach hatred of gays in their homes, just like they are able to teach the ridiculous Genesis creation story in their homes.
<quoted text>
The sexual revolution has already come and gone. And there is absolutely no correlation between gays being married and incest, pedophilia, and bestiality. This argument is hogwash, the Courts have already said so. This is nothing more than the fundie last ditch attempt at the “slippery slope”. It’s nonsense.
<quoted text>
Your god is completely irrelevant in matters of social justice and equal rights. The Constitution trumps your god. It always will. It’s a shame you fundies are so un-American.
WRONG on all counts BECAUSE GOVERNMENT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52776 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what she says. She isn't a great historical figure being hijacked for evil doings.
Yeah.... she's just his wife. Obviously that means nothing to you.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52777 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, unfortunately she isn't but his niece Alveda is
"Dr. Alveda King is the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She agrees. Alveda has picked up her like-minded uncle’s civil rights mantle, dedicating her life, primarily, to achieving equality for pre-born children.
Still, in the years since his death, Alveda has poignantly articulated how, arguably, based upon his published position on homosexuality, Dr. King might feel about “LGBT” activists’ misappropriation of his Christian legacy for their counter-Christian purposes."
Oh, I see..... the wife isn't but the daughter is.

You have a screw loose.

Medgar Evers was gay. Ever hear of him?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52778 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
The government doesn't matter?

Mkay..........
Then why are you pissed that the government is recognizing gay marriage?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52779 Mar 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... she's just his wife. Obviously that means nothing to you.
In the reality of it all; Yes she was just his wife!
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52780 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
if government doesn't matter then the laws in states that don't allow same sex cival unions/marriage don't matter. If government doesn't matter this whole topic is void and null,then anyone can do whatever they want. Of course government matters, the words in your bible are only the "law" for those with the same beliefs. As another religious poster stated before, the bible isn't based on truth but based on faith. So have that faith in your world, no where does it say to push that faith on to others.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52781 Mar 4, 2014
The topic is " Illinois house approves same sex civil union", key word being "house" It says nothing about the bible approving it or not. I'm sure there's probably other threads addressing the religious side.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52782 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
No, unfortunately she isn't but his niece Alveda is
Odd then how every biography of her states she was a civil rights LEADER.
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dr. Alveda King is the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She agrees. Alveda has picked up her like-minded uncle’s civil rights mantle, dedicating her life, primarily, to achieving equality for pre-born children.
Alveda is a religious wing nut. She had three abortions and then decided she wished she hadn't, so that's her focus. She's an activist, but not a leader in any way.
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, in the years since his death, Alveda has poignantly articulated how, arguably, based upon his published position on homosexuality, Dr. King might feel about “LGBT” activists’ misappropriation of his Christian legacy for their counter-Christian purposes."
I'll take the word of a real leader over Alveda. In the end, it doesn't matter, our equality is not resting on the opinions of a dead man.

Location hidden

#52783 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think capitalizing nonsense makes it somehow more relevant? You would be mistaken.

Government doesn't matter?!! LOL!!! The government is the very entity ensuring that you get to freely continue following your little cult. You might want to respect it a little more.

Location hidden

#52784 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point about you fundies being un-American.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52785 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you think capitalizing nonsense makes it somehow more relevant? You would be mistaken.
Government doesn't matter?!! LOL!!! The government is the very entity ensuring that you get to freely continue following your little cult. You might want to respect it a little more.
Goverment doesn't matter I will do things GODS WAY no matter what the goverment says.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52786 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Today's goverment is what is UN-American
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52787 Mar 4, 2014
Are you capable of make a point without insulting people?
<quoted text>
well

Mchenry, IL

#52788 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Goverment doesn't matter I will do things GODS WAY no matter what the goverment says.
It really is too bad that the government needs to be there to stop you idiots from stoning disobedient children to death...because after all that is "Gods Way".

Location hidden

#52789 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You're god's way? LOL!!!

You mean like raping a little girl in order to have a son? Let us know how the government doesn't matter after you rape a little girl you're god's way!!

You're god's way? LOL!!!

You mean like killing off all the first born males? Let us know how the government doesn't matter after you start killing male babies your god's way!!!

You're god's way? LOL!!!

You mean like drowning people because you don't like them? let us know how the government doesn't matter after you start drowning people your god's way!!

You're god's way? LOL!!!

You mean like having rules for the proper way to treat slaves? Let us know how the government doesn't matter after you try and have a slave your god's way!!!

But please, by all means, do pretend that your god's ways are above the law. We love it when you whackadoo fundies try and pull that nonsense. Especially when you then get sued, or get locked behind bars for breaking the laws of the government you don't think matters!!!!

Location hidden

#52790 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
Are you capable of make a point without insulting people?
<quoted text>
I guess it would depend on what you have considered to be the insult in that statement.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52791 Mar 4, 2014
I would think some people would take the term "fundie" as an insult.
I would also say you intended it as an insult.
<quoted text>
I guess it would depend on what you have considered to be the insult in that statement.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#52792 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>I would think some people would take the term "fundie" as an insult.
I would also say you intended it as an insult.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52793 Mar 4, 2014
Calling people names is an insult, but telling people how they can live their lives is definitely an insult too. I used to run around thinking I could tell people how to live, trust me, it wasn't coming from the kindness of my heart. Fortunately, I grew up. I don't think anyone is intending to tell us straight people how to live, nothing gives us the right to tell them. If it wasn't for bigots saying this is the only way too live, I doubt this would even be a discussion. Bigot isn't an insult, I've been a bigot, all it means is you won't except amyone elses view, your way is the only way. At times, I would say most people have displayed some form of bigotry, right or wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Into The Night 63,333
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Henry 1,497,433
News Chicago homicides soar, with seven fatalities W... 26 min former democrat 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Coffee Party 237,673
Sanctuary city morbid humor 1 hr Rep Denny Hasturd 8
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,388
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,475

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages