Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52169 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
back to name calling insults that is all you got. You are so boring.
But it's ok when YOU do it, eh?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#52170 Feb 26, 2014
This has ended up being a real cesspool.
Keep up the good work!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52171 Feb 26, 2014
Keep Children Home From School on GLSEN's Day of Silence April 11, 2014
Written By Laurie Higgins

The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) seeks again to exploit captive audiences and disrupt instructional time in public schools for the purposes of transforming the moral and political views of other people's children through the Day of Silence (DOS). Parents, however, do not have to sit by and passively accept this political action in the class. On the DOS, they can keep their children home.

GLSEN promotes the DOS as a bullying-prevention program. If that were its true goal, IFI and every one of the organizations who are urging parents to keep their children home would support the DOS.

Unfortunately, the ultimate goal of GLSEN and those who promote the DOS is to eradicate conservative moral beliefs. And they are using public schools to achieve that end, thus transforming education into indoctrination.

Every year middle and high schools see a new crop of students whose parents naively believe that public schools value diversity, honor all voices, foster critical thinking, and remain neutral on controversial social issues. Many parents have no idea the extent to which pro-homosexuality propaganda pervades our schools. And many have never heard of the Day of Silence.

Here are just some of the ways public elementary, middle, and high schools are treating the controversial topics of homosexuality and gender confusion:

Increasing numbers of schools are allowing gender-confused students to share restrooms with students of the opposite sex, including even elementary schools.
Teachers-who are, of course, government employees-are being forced by the government to lie by being compelled to refer to gender-confused students by pronouns that designate the opposite sex.
Girls are being permitted to run for prom king, and boys are being permitted run for prom queen.
Elementary schools are marching in "gay" pride parades.
California schools are legally required to teach positively about homosexuality and gender confusion in all social studies classes in grades 6-12, and all resources that espouse dissenting views are by law prohibited.
Schools-including elementary schools-promote Leftist views of homosexuality and gender confusion in sex ed curricula and in presentations about "family diversity."
Elementary schools make picture books that depict homosexuality positively available to children in their libraries.
Schools host dances for homosexual students.
Teachers actively promote the legal recognition of same-sex pseudo-marriages.
School theater departments mount productions of The Laramie Project,Zanna, Don't!, and Rent, and English teachers teach Angels in America, The Laramie Project, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Film teachers show Brokeback Mountain.
Schools promote the normalization of homosexuality and gender confusion through Spirit Day, Ally Week, National Coming Out Day, "LGBT" History Month, "LGBT" Pride Month, and the queen of all homosexuality-affirming days: the Day of Silence.
And what do conservatives do in response? Virtually nothing. There is, however, something easy they can do. If their children's schools permit students to refuse to speak on the DOS, they can keep their children home.

Keeping their children home on the Day of Silence is an easy, safe way for parents to express to school administrations, faculty, and school boards that they-parents-oppose the promotion of non-factual Leftist beliefs about disordered sexuality in their schools to their children.

Every student absence costs schools money, and that matters much more to school administrators and school boards than the beliefs and feelings of conservative parents.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52172 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it would be a huge mistake to judge every religion and every church by one item you disliked or questioned
It would be a "huge mistake"? Really? LOL!!!! And yet, this is the very way you judge gay people.

I love it when the hypocrisy of fundamentalists can be so blatantly demonstrated.

Carry on moron.

Location hidden

#52173 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
It does exist wether you chose to believe it or not.
Well then, you should have no problem proving that. What proof do you have of your hell?

Please don't insult the forum by pretending your buybull is proof of something.

Get right back to us with that proof!!!

LOL!!

Location hidden

#52174 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! They like everything that I is evil.
That can't be true. We don't like you or importer Earth Angel at all.

Location hidden

#52175 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL aren't you the one who doesn't judge others
every time you attack one of us you show what a hypocrite you are.
disagree with us that is ok because we don't agree with you
but you always look to make it a personal attack
"attack" "attack" "attack"

"It's a public forum, don't disagree with me, or prove that I'm an intentional liar, if you do, that's an "attack"!!!!! Stop "attacking" the Christians!!!!!!!

Fundie self created persecution is hilarious!!

Carry on moron.

Location hidden

#52176 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are already endorsing unsavory evil people.
Did someone endorse you? What post did that occur in?

Location hidden

#52177 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about, I never said anything about a race.
LIE.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnston-city...
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
So being a homo is a minority, really [why] do people try to make them a race. They already have a race.
If the cause of fundamentalists is so just, why is it they must lie so much to promote it?! What does your invisible friend say about liars? Oh, that's right, he detests them.

Carry on fundie.

Location hidden

#52178 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is phony.
Just like fundamentalist Christians.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#52179 Feb 26, 2014
Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
Ok I don't care about gays to each their own, But all I'm saying if a person gives an opinion about their View on the subject and their opinion doesn't coincide with yours you say hateful thing about that person if a person doesn't agree with gay marriages so what let them have that right. If you are ok with the gays rights to marriage or whatever they do then it's only fair that you are ok with the people that are against it; it's not a one way street you you preach equal rights well you need to practice what you preach, because it's not considered equal rights to only let one side have their rights. You tell how that's fair, but I know you won't all you will do is only see your views and nobody else's you have consider everyone's views not just your own, they call that selfish hypocrite. So before you go and bash someone's opinions just think about their feeling, as well as the feelings of gays of which you only defend.
oh my

Fairfield, IL

#52181 Feb 26, 2014
There's a whole log of hate being thrown about here and thats a shame. I honestly believe the reason the government doesn't want same sex marriage is because of taxes. Single people pay more taxed than married people . If gay folks marry there will ne less money bring paid in. That's just my thought on this subject.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52182 Feb 26, 2014
oh my wrote:
There's a whole log of hate being thrown about here and thats a shame. I honestly believe the reason the government doesn't want same sex marriage is because of taxes. Single people pay more taxed than married people . If gay folks marry there will ne less money bring paid in. That's just my thought on this subject.
Not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_penalty

Location hidden

#52184 Feb 26, 2014
WARNING 2 HOMOSEXUALS wrote:
An army of 40 million (plus) Americans (and growing) has declared war on homosexuals. They have had enough of them pushing their agenda and lifestyle in their faces. Now these sick freaks who are demons and condemned to hell will see and feel the wrath of God's warriors. Watch the internet news and not some lame wacked out liberal media.
Homosexuals will be forced back into the closet, and there is nothing they can do to stop it from happening. They are outnumbered a Godzillion to one.
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha!!!! Yes, you fundies are always declaring "war" on something!!! Too bad, not once in the history of our country, have any of your "wars" ended in your favor!!!!! NOT ONCE!!!!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52185 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) seeks again to exploit captive audiences and disrupt instructional time in public schools for the purposes of transforming the moral and political believe that public schools value diversity, honor all voices, foster critical thinking, and remain neutral on controversial social issues. Many parents have no idea the extent to which pro-homosexuality propaganda pervades our schools. And many have never heard of the Day of Silence.
Here are just some of the ways public elementary, middle, and high schools are treating the controversial topics of homosexuality and gender confusion:
Increasing numbers of schools are allowing gender-confused students to share restrooms with students of the opposite sex, including even elementary schools.
Teachers-who are, of course, government employees-are being forced by the government to lie by being compelled to refer to gender-confused students by pronouns that designate the opposite sex.
Girls are being permitted to run for prom king, and boys are being permitted run for prom queen.
California schools are legally required to teach positively about homosexuality and gender confusion in all social studies classes in grades 6-12, and all resources that espouse dissenting views are by law prohibited.
Schools-including elementary schools-promote Leftist views of homosexuality and gender confusion in sex ed curricula and in presentations about "family diversity."
Elementary schools make picture books that depict homosexuality positively available to children in their libraries.
School theater departments mount productions of The Laramie Project,Zanna, Don't!, and Rent, and English teachers teach Angels in America, The Laramie Project, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Schools promote the normalization of homosexuality and gender confusion through Spirit Day, Ally Week, National Coming Out Day, "LGBT" History Month, "LGBT" Pride Month, and the queen of all homosexuality-affirming days: the Day of Silence.
And what do conservatives do in response? Virtually nothing. There is, however, something easy they can do. If their children's schools permit students to refuse to speak on the DOS, they can keep their children home.
Keeping their children home on the Day of Silence is an easy, safe way for parents to express to school administrations, faculty, and school boards that they-parents-oppose the promotion of non-factual Leftist beliefs about disordered sexuality in their schools to their children.
Every student absence costs schools money, and that matters much more to school administrators and school boards than the beliefs and feelings of conservative parents.
"Keeping their children home on the Day of Silence is an easy, safe way for parents to express to school administrations, faculty, and school boards that they-parents-oppose the promotion of non-factual Leftist beliefs about disordered sexuality in their schools to their children."
Too bad the medical professionals disagree with you, isn't it? It must be difficult going through life with a head full of lies. If you choose to have a closed mind, please choose to have a closed mouth as well.

Location hidden

#52186 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
oh please i've already posted a dozen gay agenda sites that mention it exist
you live in denial but the rest of us don't.
You did? Where they as asinine as your posts supposedly confirming the "gay lifestyle"??!!!!

Please, I'd love to see these posts with the gay agenda!!!!!! Hurry back and repost them!!!! Nothing would make me happier then to demonstrate how they prove you're an idiot!!!!!

the gay agenda:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
Nothing scares fundamentalists more than this.

Location hidden

#52187 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
would you like me to point more places like RUSSIA or CHINA or NORTH KOREA or how about the whole middle east
These are countries that can make a real difference in just a few years from now either through war or immigration or both.
War made a real difference to the state of Israel
Immigration made a real difference in the Philippines
Go ahead and dig your head into the sand.
Russia, China and North Korea are going to make a real difference in our Constitution? Get real. Oh, that's right, you can't, because you live in a fantasy land.

Our marriages are a reality. They will be fully recognized in all states within 5 years, if even that long. And there's not a damn thing you and your little one man crusade can do to alter that fact. NOW, you run along and bury YOUR head in the sand!!!

Location hidden

#52188 Feb 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
But when a real word makes it into the real dictionary that you don't like suddenly its not a real word.
The mythical "gay agenda" is in the dictionary? Which one? It's not in Merrium Webster. it's not on dictionary.com . It's not on the Cambridge dictionary. It's not in the Oxford dictionary.

What dictionary is it in? The fundie-dictionary??!!!!!!!
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
its a real word about a real situation get over it.
]
Nope, it's a made up phrase about nothing real at all. YOU get over it.

I love that you have no problem showing up here day after day and having your stupidity displayed so openly over and over. You're the perfect fundie sheep!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#52189 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, really. This is the USA.... freedom of religion, remember?
really had me fooled
i remember kids who couldn't send christian cards to veterans
i remember kids who couldn't sing Christmas carols in school
i think we lost our freedom of religion a long time ago thanks to people like you.
guys like you are the real haters

Location hidden

#52190 Feb 26, 2014
Scott wrote:
The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) seeks again to exploit captive audiences and disrupt instructional time in public schools for the purposes of transforming the moral and political views of other people's children through the Day of Silence (DOS). Parents, however, do not have to sit by and passively accept this political action in the class. On the DOS, they can keep their children home.
GLSEN promotes the DOS as a bullying-prevention program. If that were its true goal, IFI and every one of the organizations who are urging parents to keep their children home would support the DOS.
Unfortunately, the ultimate goal of GLSEN and those who promote the DOS is to eradicate conservative moral beliefs. And they are using public schools to achieve that end, thus transforming education into indoctrination.
Every year middle and high schools see a new crop of students whose parents naively believe that public schools value diversity, honor all voices, foster critical thinking, and remain neutral on controversial social issues. Many parents have no idea the extent to which pro-homosexuality propaganda pervades our schools. And many have never heard of the Day of Silence.
Schools promote the normalization of homosexuality and gender confusion through Spirit
We won't even address all the blatent lies in the above post. Everyone knows fundies are liars already.

YES, fundies, please KEEP your children home on these days. Nothing helps further ostracize your children from their peers then when you make them pawns in your agendas!!! Your need to have your children feel even more removed from their peers demonstrates what sort of folk you really are. You're children will come back the day after, and be mocked and teased because of YOUR efforts. LOL!!! But then, we all know how you folk love certain children being mocked and teased!!! You invented it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru 216,655
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Teaman 1,394,922
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min TRD 70,719
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min GEORGIA 8,865
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 35 min Gov Corbutt of th... 34
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 39 min A Noted Observer 51
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages