Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

heartandmind

Moline, IL

#51675 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
that is an excellent point. Their relationship is only based on having sex.
If something changes them having sex their relationship is over with.
whereas in a heterosexual MARRIAGE its for better or worse, sickness and health.
i know from person experience that i married my wife not for sex but for her.
And when her health slowly deteriorated it did not change our marriage at all.
We stayed married to the end.
That would not have happened in Dusty's sham marriage or any gay sham marriage.
And if you're married only for the sex Like Dusty's is then it is a sham marriage.
It isn't real. Its just a sex relationship. Your sham marriage was only to get benefits.and nothing more.
thanks ACE for pointing out the truth on gay marriages.
and thanks Dusty for your honesty . Now we know your marriage is a sham.
your assumptions about homosexual relationships are a complete fallacy.

my spouse and i've been together right at 25 years. we have raised one child to college age and have 2 more we're raising.

we've been completely monogamous the entire time we've been together - committed in heart, mind and body to one another. we've been friends and lovers for most of our adult lives. we've been with each other through the best of times and some difficult times - from our eldest's high school graduation to each of us having lost a parent either by death or by alzheimer's. we've supported each other through everything - emotionally, financially and any other way you support someone through a rough time in a life.

anyone that's been married or together for a longer period of time knows that's all about everything - friendship, talking, laughing, caring - not just sex.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51676 Feb 21, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
your assumptions about homosexual relationships are a complete fallacy.
my spouse and i've been together right at 25 years. we have raised one child to college age and have 2 more we're raising.
we've been completely monogamous the entire time we've been together - committed in heart, mind and body to one another. we've been friends and lovers for most of our adult lives. we've been with each other through the best of times and some difficult times - from our eldest's high school graduation to each of us having lost a parent either by death or by alzheimer's. we've supported each other through everything - emotionally, financially and any other way you support someone through a rough time in a life.
anyone that's been married or together for a longer period of time knows that's all about everything - friendship, talking, laughing, caring - not just sex.
well i was talking about Dusty's relationship and what he himself had said.
As for knowing someone i knew my late wife since the age of 5 went to the sames schools, church, same friends, and mostly had the same interests. Needless to say we shared the same expediences you did. And more. You have yet to deal with the death of your mate.
But how did you have kids if you're both the same sex ?
other relationships ?
adoption ?
in any case same sex couples can't on their own have kids.
Unless you know something i don't.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51677 Feb 21, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And that was your first mistake.
so far you have yet to disprove him.
let me know when that happens. Until then i believe him. Does that bother you ?
after all the crap you always say about me how does it feel when someone else does it to you.
Don't like it do you.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51678 Feb 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, you mentioned me first.

Never been 'ousted' in my life. You are talking about a guy who was ousted by the woman he lived with. She got tired of him living off of her and her four sons.

You think he's a great guy? You really could be Hillary's twin!
And you could be Quasimodo yourself!
Shut up you fake Pastor weirdo! No
Pastor talks the way you do.A male
Chauvinist pig!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51679 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
As for knowing someone i knew my late wife since the age of 5 went to the sames schools, church, same friends, and mostly had the same interests. Needless to say we shared the same expediences you did. And more. You have yet to deal with the death of your mate.
other relationships ?
adoption ?
Except that's not what I said. But keep sticking to your guns, fool.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51680 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
after all the crap you always say about me how does it feel when someone else does it to you.
Don't like it do you.
The burden of proof is on Ace, not on me. If you mattered, I'd already have countered the claim. But, as you well know, you're irrelevant to my marriage.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51681 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like it do you.
Get off your cross, Hunty. The Church needs the wood.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51682 Feb 21, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chauvinist pig!
you do realize that Quasimodo was the good guy right ?
that would make KiMare the good guy too right ?
its not about looks its about character. and Quasimodo had a good character personality.

but i guess in your gay superficial world looks are all that matters.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#51683 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
that's because its a new concept for you.
your next step into enlightenment will be awe.
Learn something, dumbass:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#51684 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
other relationships ?
adoption ?
try reading a book. kids of same sex parents come into this world the same way kids of straight parents come into this world.

i'm sorry you've had to deal with the death of your spouse - i know that's devastating. may you find god's peace and blessings of grace.

you referenced gays in general in your comment - not just one poster's relationship. when will you learn that we're a group, just like heterosexuals, that are divers in what we do and think - because we're all humans. it's just that some folks decide and choose not to act humane towards other people.
Uncle Fundie

Saint Louis, MO

#51685 Feb 21, 2014
Guess that makes YOU a fallacy?
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn something, dumbass:
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51687 Feb 21, 2014
kids of same sex parents come into this world the same way kids of straight parents come into this world.

no that is not possible. It still takes a man and a woman to make a baby

i'm sorry you've had to deal with the death of your spouse - i know that's devastating. may you find god's peace and blessings of grace.

thank you God has been with me throughout it and to this day

it's just that some folks decide and choose not to act humane towards other people.

yeah i get a lot of insults and swear words thrown at me glad you noticed it. You should tell Dusty and the others to stop it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#51688 Feb 21, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chauvinist pig!
A gentleman chauvinist Phyllis.

Smile.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51689 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>you do realize that Quasimodo was the good guy right ?
that would make KiMare the good guy too right ?
its not about looks its about character. and Quasimodo had a good character personality.

but i guess in your gay superficial world looks are all that matters.
I am straight you Looney Toons! How
many times must I say it.At least I
don't think I'm a Prophet like you!
Are you in the LDS?
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51690 Feb 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>A gentleman chauvinist Phyllis.

Smile.
You are no gentleman you freakin
Cretin.....You look like a pork stuffed
sausage.If your pants were any higher,
up,you were strangle both your male
and female parts....Do Pastor's call
people pudgy?? You are a POS!
Uncle Fundie

Saint Louis, MO

#51691 Feb 21, 2014
Mad Bro?
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no gentleman you freakin
Cretin.....You look like a pork stuffed
sausage.If your pants were any higher,
up,you were strangle both your male
and female parts....Do Pastor's call
people pudgy?? You are a POS!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#51692 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
The lifestyle section of gay.com doesn't present your myth in any way. It actually demonstrates what you were told, that there are numerous lifestyles within the gay community. Much like how the lifestyle section of your local newspaper demonstrates there are numerous lifestyles within your community.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.createdgay.com/lifestyle.html
LOL!!!! Guess you didn't bother to read it in your zeal to demonstrate your stupidity. Here's the first line of the article....."There is no such thing as "The Gay Life Style."

[QUOTE who="Earth Angel"]<quoted text>
http://www.gay.net/lifestyle/
The lifestyle section of gay.net doesn't present your myth in any way. It actually demonstrates what you were told, that there are numerous lifestyles within the gay community. Much like how the lifestyle section of your local newspaper demonstrates there are numerous lifestyles within your community.
Earth Angel wrote:
There's nothing there but links to other sites.

You sure do spend a lot of time reading gay related websites.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no idea what you're talking about.
On the contrary. We know exactly what we are talking about, and you didn't present anything to challenge our statements. You googled gay lifestyle and thought you really had something. When instead, all you did was demonstrate how stupid you are.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
do you want some more GAY links talking about the gay lifestyle you say don't exist.
None of your links talked about "the gay lifestyle". The links all demonstrated we have numerous lifestyles, because our homosexuality doesn't constitute a lifestyle of it's own.

Please do present as many more links as you want. It will satiate your love of perusing gay related sites and it will give us more opportunities to publically demonstrate what an utter moron you are.
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#51693 Feb 21, 2014
Go get married and then get back to work! No one cares so stop making a big freaking deal about your civil union!

Location hidden

#51694 Feb 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you miss the point so i'll dummy it down for you
Dusty is running around saying there is no such thing as a GAY lifestyle.
No moron, ALL the gays are telling you there is no such thing as a gay lifestyle.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
But a simple web search shows tons of web sites about the GAY lifestyle.
None of your links demonstrated a gay lifestyle. In fact, the second one starts out stating, "there is no such thing as the gay lifestyle."
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
many of them fro gay sites. So obviously whether you understand it or not there is a GAY lifestyle.
No child, whether YOU understand it or not, there is no gay lifestyle.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
was dummy down enough for you and Dusty or do i need to dummy it down even more.
not trying to insult its just you two just can't seem to comprehend the obvious.
You couldn't dumb you posts down more than they already are. You also can't demonstrate your mythical gay lifestyle. Because it doesn't exist. But you keep trying moron. Watching you do the fundie idiot dance is hilarious.

Location hidden

#51695 Feb 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't get so angry, I'm just noting two simple points of reality;
1. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning exposing homosexuality as a sexual defect.
2. Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Nothing you noted changes those facts one iota. Hardly a 'gain'.
Smirk.
Oh look, the fundamentalist's pipe dream!!! That their imaginary distinctions somehow bother us!!! Sorry KiMare, your posts don't matter to us in anyway. You're a POS, and your childish opinions are worth as much to me and other gay people as what goes down my toilet each time I flush it.

Hey, did you see where Kansas can't get their special rights bill for fundies pushed through? Did you see how four states have now had their anti-gay laws declared unconstitutional? What's your side accomplished in the last 12 months you've been on here repetitiously posting your old coot nonsense??!! Let's face it, it's our gains that bother YOU immensely!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,550,184
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min WelbyMD 241,699
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 22 min SweLL GirL 10,864
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Gorebal Warming Inc 63,860
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 12 hr patosm 213
last post wins! (Apr '13) 13 hr honeymylove 2,555
last post wins! (Dec '10) 13 hr honeymylove 3,184

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages