Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 20 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Granite City, IL

#51562 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
no he didn't use those words.
He meant real people. Its the kind of person he is.
He does have that much hate inside him. But its nice of you to try and cover for him.
No. He was talking about subhuman scum.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51563 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you're going off topic
now if i respond back six-or-whatever will get mad at me not you.
yoo bad its not a 2way street here.
There you go dodging again. Coward.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51564 Feb 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor am I trying to insult you, but that's the real part of my religion.
Your comments are meant to be Kunty and mean; mine are meant to remind you that you are irrelevant.
Troll on, Kunty.
are all those swear words you said to me part of your religion too ?
and what religion would that be that condones talking to your fellow man that way.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51565 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Slang words definitely are real words. Maybe you're trying to say that they are impropper? But, clearly slang words are not imaginary words.
On a more philosophic view, "Everything you can imagine is real" -Pablo Picasso.
<quoted text>
Come on now, I am buying that parcel of land.... nice try.
<quoted text>
Yup, I was using it as an insult, true enough. Then again you were assuming I was gay when I am not, correcting my word that was actually the word I meant to use and you missed the way I posted your own post back to you (instead you thought I was trying to be 'religious', I think). Those were not the smartest things to post to me. So when i said 'idiot' well... that's why.
<quoted text>
I am sure you are very nice in the real world. I don't throw harsh words around lightly. But, since this is an annonymous forum take it for what it is - nothing 'personal' or the real 'you'. The beauty of this forum is that you can safely let it out what ever it is.
Those who are open minded can have their views and understandings changed. That is the most impressive thing I have experienced and what keeps me coming back.
So just go easy friend, I can like the real you and still completely disagree with your annonymous postings, right? Peace.
LOL no slang words are not real words they are made up words given meaning from people who used abbreviated versions of real words. Please talk to an english teacher on this one.
It would take me too much time to fully explain it to you.

BTW i was in Daley Plaza when they unveiled the -Pablo Picasso. statue. Ugliest thing i ever saw. Its a shame too because Chicago is loaded with cool statues and other art objects. LOL i once almost got kicked out of the Science Museum. for posing with an exhibit.

believe it or not it is true i was trying to be nice to you when i said that
No good deed goes unpunished believe what you want.- i have no reason to lie about something like that

we get a lot of pretenders in here that say they are not gay but soon enough they give it away. So i don't really take people at that anymore. Besides it doesn't matter as you admit you are out to insult me anyway so why would i care if you're gay or not. As far as i've seen you're just another person who insults me.

i don't mind if you differ in opinion from me But i could live without the insults . They serve no purpose in stating an adult opinion. If you are just going to insult then don't expect to be treated with respect afterwards.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51566 Feb 19, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go dodging again. Coward.
not doging it but six of whatever doesn't like off topic
whine to her about it
she supports you guys even though she says she is not one of you

i dont support you so i dont care if you like it or not.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51567 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
are all those swear words you said to me part of your religion too ?
and what religion would that be that condones talking to your fellow man that way.
I know a priest who swears like a sailor (out of the pulpit). Do you still think he's a priest, or are you judging him too?
relax

Kewanee, IL

#51568 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
walking back your statements already
you got nothing worth reading that opening line.
I'm not walking back on a thing.....its called clarifying, I said before Im not the best with words so when I see someone not. understanding I clarify.....Stop playing your games

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#51569 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL no slang words are not real words they are made up words given meaning from people who used abbreviated versions of real words. Please talk to an english teacher on this one.
It would take me too much time to fully explain it to you.
But every word is made up. Usage is what gives words meaning. Dictionaries are always adding words. Even slang words. Respectfully, perhaps YOU should speak with a linguistics instructor to understand this better.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
...believe it or not it is true i was trying to be nice to you when i said that
No good deed goes unpunished believe what you want.- i have no reason to lie about something like that
Indeed, no need to lie. Fine! I give you benefit of doubt this time, you were trying to be helpful.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
.... As far as i've seen you're just another person who insults me.
Really, even after the last couple of posts where I tried real nice like to be cordial? That's disappointing. Guess you're right about no good deed going unpunished, eh.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
... But i could live without the insults . They serve no purpose in stating an adult opinion. If you are just going to insult then don't expect to be treated with respect afterwards.
Be careful because there are more than a few ways to insult people. You don't just need to use a harsh word or a swear word. I daresay some things people have posted are quite insulting without any cuss words.... have you potentially insulted any reasonable folks with your own posts? Remember, intent is not required.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#51570 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL yeah its easy to see why you're not like me.
the insults would drive you nuts
i dont insult others they just claim they are being insulted to make it sound like it goes both ways. When in truth it don't.
The Christians in here have been far more tolerate then any gay in here.
Guys like you are pretenders. See it all the time'
it works like this
Pretenders like you come in and say they are straight but have no problem with gays and usually they'll say they are religious or at least knowledgeable on the bible.
After a while they drop the past Christian part and stick with not gay but no problem with gays.
Then later they start saying minor insults about Christians usually in conversations to a gay person. Then still later back at a christian to complain and say are not fair or some other BS comment. Like you do.
I really don't care. I just think the pretending part is a waste of time on your part.
You never been interested in real conversation. You just waited until now to jump in and join your other gay buddies in the trash dept. Feel better now ?
You really aren't paying attention are you. I'm not for homosexuality or gay marriage, been saying it. So if I'm pretending then you're pretending.....come on dude atleast stop acting like a kid. What I've said is that times have changed and you might as well get used to it. You're not a christian, not a real one anyways. You love acting like god and telling evetyone they're pretending, you're pretending....come on we can all act like children. As far as me not being able to handle insults. I'm not on here daily asking for it. Nor would i even consider ir from ananymous people on a website, as I've saif before I'm not a kid. If internet insults are that big of deal to ya maybe you should think of a new hobby.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#51571 Feb 19, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Where am I wrong, point it out to me please.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#51572 Feb 19, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already disproven this statement. I presented you with hospitals, abuse centers, homeless shelters, feeding the hungry programs etc. that were built and run by homosexuals. Yet despite the fact that I have proven your statement to be false, you continue to deceitful restate it.
Typical of fundies. Liars to the core. What does your invisible friend say about liars??!!
None of this is true.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51573 Feb 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a priest who swears like a sailor (out of the pulpit). Do you still think he's a priest, or are you judging him too?
we been down this road of judgement so many times aren't you tried of it by now ?
God judges us and decides if we go to heaven or not.
But God also allows us to make judgement calls in our lives its the free will thing.
it why its ok to have courts system that can even punish with death penalties etc.
so its perfectly ok for all of us to judge how we feel about each other.
God expect that.
get over it.
now as for your priest i think what he is doing is a sin that God will decide on.
would i hang out with him no way. He probably is as creepy as you are.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51574 Feb 19, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not walking back on a thing.....its called clarifying, I said before Im not the best with words so when I see someone not. understanding I clarify.....Stop playing your games
no game here.
I just post about what you wrote.
you just get mad because you keep finding yourself retracting your words.
why is that my fault ?
take your time and think about what you want to say before you jump in.

be thankful that i don't jump on you like everyone does to me.
you couldn't handle what i face every day in here.
so think about that before you want to get mad at me again.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51575 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
we been down this road of judgement so many times aren't you tried of it by now ?
God judges us and decides if we go to heaven or not.
And that's my point, YOU judge others. You do it each and every. I doubt that you actually recognize that you do, but you judge. You're not God, yet you judge. Every. Day.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51576 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
But every word is made up. Usage is what gives words meaning. Dictionaries are always adding words. Even slang words. Respectfully, perhaps YOU should speak with a linguistics instructor to understand this better.
<quoted text>
Indeed, no need to lie. Fine! I give you benefit of doubt this time, you were trying to be helpful.
<quoted text>
Really, even after the last couple of posts where I tried real nice like to be cordial? That's disappointing. Guess you're right about no good deed going unpunished, eh.
<quoted text>
Be careful because there are more than a few ways to insult people. You don't just need to use a harsh word or a swear word. I daresay some things people have posted are quite insulting without any cuss words.... have you potentially insulted any reasonable folks with your own posts? Remember, intent is not required.
no question words get added to the standard dictionary every year. That word just wasn't one of them. I still stand by what i said. Its slang and not an acceptable word.
Words are important they mean things. That is why writers and advertisers try not to use slang.

You are nice now but that hasn't always been the case and you yourself admit to doing insults. But i'm a nice guy to. So we'll see how long this last. is that fair enough.

Some people like Dusty for example are going to view my opinions as insulting just because they differ from his own. I can't prevent that. Their definition of insult is different then my own.
I'm not insulted by a difference of opinion. But i do think swear words , put down words , name calling , impersonation these things are an insult.

the unfair part is when so called pretenders come in here and say they aren't against anyone and that they are totally open minded but will jump all over me and never say a word to someone like Dusty swearing away at me.I have no respect for that kind of person. Dusty to his credit does not pretend to be open minded.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51578 Feb 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's my point, YOU judge others. You do it each and every. I doubt that you actually recognize that you do, but you judge. You're not God, yet you judge. Every. Day.
what part of what i wrote did you miss ? All of it ?
God allows for humans to make judgement calls within their life.
That is why we have a court system.
WE did you get that this time WE all are allowed to make judgement calls.
we judge who we feel safe with and who we should be fearful of.
we judge who we love and who we hate
we make judgement calls all the time GOD ALLOWS THAT
What God meant by the Let he who cast the first stone was not that we couldn't ever judge but that we should be careful doing so. That we should look into our hearts to find forgiveness towards others. Maybe by that forgiveness then to spare that person.
But some people go beyond that boundary. That is why we lock up criminals.
That is why we don't let our kids play with strangers.
That is why its OK for me to decide i don't really like you.
I find you to be hateful towards anyone who oppose your gay beliefs.
You accuse me of judging you but you judged me before i even read your posts.
now do you still want to keep going on this. We had this same conversation over and over again.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51579 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of what i wrote did you miss ? All of it ?
Oh fer cripes sake. Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla.

Grow a pair already. You hide behind God while slinging shit at everyone (yea, I know, I used a dirty word again).
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51580 Feb 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? I happen to believe that homosexuality and Christianity are completely compatible.
Sounds, to me, like you're the one who is closed-minded.
news to me
all you have ever done is blast every christian in here.
you use language Christians don't use
there is nothing Christian or religious about you in any way shape or form.
not an insult just an observation from your own posts.

as for me i was and still am for civil unions with full benefits for gays
said that since day one but you ignore that fact.
i'm not against gays but you and others have stated so many times that i am against gays newbies in here believe it without even asking me my views.

what i am against is gay marriage.
Marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman
plain and simple.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51581 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
news to me
all you have ever done is blast every christian in here.
you use language Christians don't use
there is nothing Christian or religious about you in any way shape or form.
not an insult just an observation from your own posts.
as for me i was and still am for civil unions with full benefits for gays
said that since day one but you ignore that fact.
i'm not against gays but you and others have stated so many times that i am against gays newbies in here believe it without even asking me my views.
what i am against is gay marriage.
Marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman
plain and simple.
No, marriage is NOT between one man and one woman. That's a reality. You'd LIKE it to be so, but it isn't that any more. Your Church can retain "Holy Matrimony", but marriage is a civil event, not a religious one.

I know that you've repeatedly stated that we should be pursuing Civil Unions, and I know that you THINK I've ignored that. I have not ignored it once. Not once. I've told you that we ALREADY have marriage equality, and to go backward to Civil Unions would be silly and stupid. Further, separate, but equal, has never ever, ever, ever, ever, been equal.
well

Round Lake, IL

#51582 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel,

Oh Forrest, sweet pea...and I call you Forrest as a term of endearment. I mean who doesn't love Forrest Gump? The character was a really sweet man, just not very bright...much like you. I think in real life you are probably an old softie and quite harmless.

As for your claiming to be a Christian (and a poor poor persecuted one at that), your words here prove otherwise. Going to Church on Sundays doesn't make you a Christian, just like standing in a garage doesn't make you a car. I think you are going to have a lot of explaining to do regarding your treatment of others here come judgement day....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Learn to Read 187,823
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 48 min jorgeleone 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,036
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,224,041
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,797
College Scandals 10 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Red_Forman 5,947
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]