Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51491 Feb 19, 2014
relax wrote:
This has gone from discussing an issue to who can talk the biggest smack, who thinks they are the brightest. the topic might get dropped once and awhile but not discussed. the legalization of a ss civil union isn't about god unless he's running for a political office. Its about equality. It sure isn't about dimentia or any of the other insults put on here by both sides.
funny i didn't read anywhere that said there were requirements or limits on what could be discussed here.
I wish there was.
Would love to see a restriction against swear words, insults, impersonators, hate speech towards religion, etc.

You're totally wrong about religion not being a part of this.
The very laws that once prohibited gay marriage was based on religion. people voted against gay marriage based on the belief that marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman.
Religion whether you accept it or not is still a part of the situation. As the gays love to say GET USED TO IT.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51492 Feb 19, 2014
http://politix.topix.com/story/10509-a-bill-i...

I wonder how this will play out with adopted gay kids.
BTW this is a DEMOCRAT bill.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51493 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>most people in the medical field know of that med its the common med for that problem.
its like penicillin for an infection. Its that common.
Ya sure lol..
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#51494 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
that laughing is just part of your dementia i wouldn't worry about it too much.
Better that then crying.
You sure like to assume things. But then again, you're a Xtian. You don't need evidence, merely your own delusion. And you have a magic man in the sky to tell you that they are OK.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#51495 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://politix.topix.com/story /10509-a-bill-in-kansas-would- allow-spanking-children-to-the -point-of-bruising
I wonder how this will play out with adopted gay kids.
BTW this is a DEMOCRAT bill.
a blue dog democrat, as it says in the article. A true democrat could never be elected in a backwards Xtian cesspool like Kansas.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#51496 Feb 19, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya sure lol..
Penicillin hasn't been the go to antibiotic for years due to resistance and the availability of better alternatives. Anyone with even the most basic knowledge of medicine would know this. Which means Earth Anal is lying. Again.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51497 Feb 19, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kimare is a nut!
yeah you're all against those who judge others
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51498 Feb 19, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Penicillin hasn't been the go to antibiotic for years due to resistance and the availability of better alternatives. Anyone with even the most basic knowledge of medicine would know this. Which means Earth Anal is lying. Again.
i was trying to make it simple for a simple minded person.
maybe i should have said Tylenol for a headache , maybe that she would understand better
your right next time i'll dummy down it even more for her.
thanks for the tip on the fact i need to dummy down even more for her
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51500 Feb 19, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
a blue dog democrat, as it says in the article. A true democrat could never be elected in a backwards Xtian cesspool like Kansas.
once a democrat always a democrat
proof of that Obamacare
they all towed the line and voted for it

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#51501 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it does bother you. You got married to gain acceptance for your sexual life choice.
And even if the courts continue to support you the rest of us do not.
We don't accept your marriage in the spiritual sense and never will. And that is what bothers you.
Not saying to insult you just saying it as part of our religion.
That is another difference between us. Your comments are meant to insult ours are not.
My religion believes that you are an evil nimwit unworthy of intelligent human interaction. Please understand that is not meant to be an insult, it is just what our religion believes. No doubt (from your post) you clearly understand and accept this.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51502 Feb 19, 2014
http://www.kmov.com/video/featured-videos/Ill...

wow first the IL democrats gave us gay marriage now they want to tax soda per ounce.
on a 24 banger that would be $2.88
good think i moved to Wisc.
besides i drink at most a can or two a week.
more of a coffee/milk drinker.
give these gay loving democrats a break and they just keep taxing us
relax

Kewanee, IL

#51503 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
funny i didn't read anywhere that said there were requirements or limits on what could be discussed here.
I wish there was.
Would love to see a restriction against swear words, insults, impersonators, hate speech towards religion, etc.
You're totally wrong about religion not being a part of this.
The very laws that once prohibited gay marriage was based on religion. people voted against gay marriage based on the belief that marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman.
Religion whether you accept it or not is still a part of the situation. As the gays love to say GET USED TO IT.
Funny, you tried to put requirements and limits on me, saying what I could post and how long, As far as insults, dude, you're insulting people. Alot of people are insulting each other from both sides. Telling people what THEY think and what THEY know is an insult, Telling people you know nothing about outside of here, that they have demincia is an attempt at an insult. Anyone from the medical field would know that. The bashing of people with other beliefs then yours is an insult. Same sex cival union?marriage is a part of life, GET USED TO IT. What you're spewing is hate, I know all about hate. The funny thing is the "straight christians" you're trying to represnt must hold the exact same opinions I once held in my ignorant belief that straight white males were superior, which is a word that you used to describe yourself (before you go there, no, I'm not going back and find the post in the 40,000 plus posts on here). Thankfully I grew up. You do not represent straight people or real christians, thankfully.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51504 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
My religion believes that you are an evil nimwit unworthy of intelligent human interaction. Please understand that is not meant to be an insult, it is just what our religion believes. No doubt (from your post) you clearly understand and accept this.
not at all.
Words like nitwit ( BTW mine is the correct spelling of the word ) are defined as an insult.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nit...
There is nothing any bible that would describe it as part of a religious belief.
You are a perfect example of a gay trying to pass themselves off as a religious person.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#51505 Feb 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile..
<quoted text>
It not only bothers you so much you responded, you even censored my post.
What gains? Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage. A sexual defect pretending (very poorly) to equate to successful mating behavior.
Smirk.
Oh look, the fundamentalist's pipe dream!!! That their imaginary distinctions somehow bother us!!! Sorry KiMare, your posts don't matter to us in anyway. You're a POS, and your childish opinions are worth as much to me and other gay people as what goes down my toilet each time I flush it.

Hey, did you see where Kansas can't get their special rights bill for fundies pushed through? Did you see how four states have now had their anti-gay laws declared unconstitutional? What's your side accomplished in the last 12 months you've been on here repetitiously posting your old coot nonsense??!! Let's face it, it's our gains that bother YOU immensely!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51506 Feb 19, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> Funny, you tried to put requirements and limits on me, saying what I could post and how long, As far as insults, dude, you're insulting people. Alot of people are insulting each other from both sides. Telling people what THEY think and what THEY know is an insult, Telling people you know nothing about outside of here, that they have demincia is an attempt at an insult. Anyone from the medical field would know that. The bashing of people with other beliefs then yours is an insult. Same sex cival union?marriage is a part of life, GET USED TO IT. What you're spewing is hate, I know all about hate. The funny thing is the "straight christians" you're trying to represnt must hold the exact same opinions I once held in my ignorant belief that straight white males were superior, which is a word that you used to describe yourself (before you go there, no, I'm not going back and find the post in the 40,000 plus posts on here). Thankfully I grew up. You do not represent straight people or real christians, thankfully.
wrong as usual.
I don't make the rules here topix does. Only they can decide what can and cannot be posted or for long a post can be. Even then you can continue your remarks in the next post.
As for truth he himself admitted it. I just was trying to help him out with some free advice.
Its the Christian in me to help others.
You on the other hand just want to whine and complain.
Always trying to attack what others say. What a sad little person you still are.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#51507 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong as usual.
I don't make the rules here topix does. Only they can decide what can and cannot be posted or for long a post can be. Even then you can continue your remarks in the next post.
As for truth he himself admitted it. I just was trying to help him out with some free advice.
Its the Christian in me to help others.
You on the other hand just want to whine and complain.

Always trying to attack what others say. What a sad little person you still are.
What have i complained about? Where have I attacked anything anyone has said (there's plenty of places you have). And yes, You said not to make long posts and you said not to post off topic when i made examples. You know what, youre not a biggot even the biggots don't want you associated with them, just the king of contradiction, like when you told me this wasn't about the bible, but all you do is talk about god and the bible.....lol ridiculous..... You know something you and me are a lot alike. I don't like people with other beliefs then mine and I believe I'm always right. The difference, I've learned to accept that others don't always see things my way, that my way isn't always the right way. And I grow and I learn and I learn to accept others, the day a person stops doing that, is the day they die inside. You said you don't care about gays, well you know what, people who don't care about an issue don't have an opinion on an issue. good or bad caring about an issue doesn't mean you're for the issue.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51508 Feb 19, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> What have i complained about? Where have I attacked anything anyone has said (there's plenty of places you have). And yes, You said not to make long posts and you said not to post off topic when i made examples. You know what, youre not a biggot even the biggots don't want you associated with them, just the king of contradiction, like when you told me this wasn't about the bible, but all you do is talk about god and the bible.....lol ridiculous..... You know something you and me are a lot alike. I don't like people with other beliefs then mine and I believe I'm always right. The difference, I've learned to accept that others don't always see things my way, that my way isn't always the right way. And I grow and I learn and I learn to accept others, the day a person stops doing that, is the day they die inside. You said you don't care about gays, well you know what, people who don't care about an issue don't have an opinion on an issue. good or bad caring about an issue doesn't mean you're for the issue.
i was chuckling along until you said you're just like me
then i really busted out laughing.,
when the peanut gallery in here starts blasting you post after post then you can make that claim.
But as long as Dusty and the imposters are patting you on the back you are NOT like me in any way shape or form.
But thanks for the comment. I'll be laughing over it for the rest of the day.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51509 Feb 19, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/tips-for-jesus-waiter-d...

hey CaliGirl14 and Six_of_one how come you never read stories like this about gay donating large money to waiters ?
you both have told me that gays love to help out and volunteer
but i never read any such stories.
These are the kind of stories i read about without even looking for them.
gays helping others ? what a laugh.
Uncle Fundie

Saint Louis, MO

#51510 Feb 19, 2014
Yet you keep posting.
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, the fundamentalist's pipe dream!!! That their imaginary distinctions somehow bother us!!! Sorry KiMare, your posts don't matter to us in anyway. You're a POS, and your childish opinions are worth as much to me and other gay people as what goes down my toilet each time I flush it.
Hey, did you see where Kansas can't get their special rights bill for fundies pushed through? Did you see how four states have now had their anti-gay laws declared unconstitutional? What's your side accomplished in the last 12 months you've been on here repetitiously posting your old coot nonsense??!! Let's face it, it's our gains that bother YOU immensely!!!
haha

Kewanee, IL

#51511 Feb 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i was chuckling along until you said you're just like me
then i really busted out laughing.,
when the peanut gallery in here starts blasting you post after post then you can make that claim.
But as long as Dusty and the imposters are patting you on the back you are NOT like me in any way shape or form.
But thanks for the comment. I'll be laughing over it for the rest of the day.
so then you do see ways to accept others opinions on issues you have a difference with. hmmm all these posts you left tend to let people think otherwise but its good you've finally accepted other peoples views. I guess that ends this thread..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Grey Ghost 1,536,683
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 63,626
Patch media is racist and bias 5 hr Billy 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970
Proud Fella 8 hr Asks Comey 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr They cannot kill ... 10,717
News Dumbing down high school 12 hr Want Nude Cobbles 7

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages