Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,889

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Read more
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51213 Feb 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider myself a Christian. If you
don't like it,too bad...
why would i not like a christian ?
why would you question whether anyone would like you as being a christian ?
Christians don't walk around looking for acceptance.
We go to places brave men fear to tread with nothing more then just a bible.
You have a lot to learn about being a christian.
Not questioning whether or not you are one.
i'm just saying there is no real thought behind your words. You blunt out hate towards me without even asking me why i said any of the things i said. Then claim i'm the one full of hate.
All the while you ignore anyone else making serious bad comments.
You need to listen more , ask more questions, and accept not all christian agree on every issue.
Just because we disagree at times is no reason for you to say another christian is hateful.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51214 Feb 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes you just have to turn some tables over and drive some abusers away from the temple. Thank you for so eloquently separating spirituality from dogma.
just curious but didn't you notice how he ended it ?
In my very humble opinion it kinda took the religious feel right out the comments.

also curious who's tables are you referring to that should be turned over ?
The ones Jesus turned over were those belonging to the money changers.
I dont see this as an issue about anyone profiteering financially..
I'm sure some have made money but i doubt that is the real issue about gay marriage.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#51215 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>why would i not like a christian ?
why would you question whether anyone would like you as being a christian ?
Christians don't walk around looking for acceptance.
We go to places brave men fear to tread with nothing more then just a bible.
You have a lot to learn about being a christian.
Not questioning whether or not you are one.
i'm just saying there is no real thought behind your words. You blunt out hate towards me without even asking me why i said any of the things i said. Then claim i'm the one full of hate.
All the while you ignore anyone else making serious bad comments.
You need to listen more , ask more questions, and accept not all christian agree on every issue.
Just because we disagree at times is no reason for you to say another christian is hateful.
Blah Blah Blah You act like a Dictator
here.The world is changing,accept it and move on with your own salvation
as I am.I'm no Christian warrior, I let
people make up their own minds and
if we come together as Christians great!
I'm not joining in any fights here.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51216 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh be honest, you assault and bully anyone who disagrees with your denial.
I totally go after Earth Anal; like you he spews hatred and lies in the name of "good".
He's more than welcome to his opinions, but you both need to realize that the battle and the war for marriage equality are over. Seriously. Both of you will take those opinions to the grave, and we'll continue to have marriage equality.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51217 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
so why are you still here ?
To remind you that your opinions about SSM, or as we call it "marriage equality" are irrelevant.
In spite of your best efforts, as well as KiMerde's, we're still legally married. Our union is recognized by all the people in our lives that are important, including God.

As for the rest of your blather, I have talked a bit about our lives. You completely ignored what I detailed, and continued to post fictional lies about me. That's right, you did. The self-professed spreader of Christian love continued to post lies and fictional accounts of my life. Further, this thread is hardly the place to detail our daily lives. How many other people are boring you with the minutia of their married lives in this thread.

Please stop pretending that I'm attacking "Christians" here, because that's a scapegoat. I AM a Christian, with 30 years service on a ministry team and a radically different theological perspective than yours. You've repeatedly crapped on my faith, claiming that being a Christian is incompatible with being gay.

Yes, I have gone after you, but that's because you're wind-bag for right-wing talking points. In response, you pull out the poor, poor, persecuted Christian card.

Troll on,
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51218 Feb 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
here.The world is changing,accept it and move on with your own salvation
people make up their own minds and
if we come together as Christians great!
you seriously need a history lesson on what a real dictator is and does.
throwing out such super extreme doesn't convince anyone of your points

The world is changing,accept it and move on with your own salvation
yes it is changing just wait until the Muslim gain a foothold here like they have in other countries. They really hate gays. And if you doubt they can gain here just ask the New Yorkers living near the Mosque they built at ground zero.

news flash we don't have christian warriors - not since the Crusades
that would be the Muslims that have religious warriors

I let people make up their own minds and if we come together as Christians great!
REALLY ?? you sure seem to mind me having an opinion

REALLY ?? you attack me with your every post. Not that i care but you shouldn't lie about it.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#51219 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Blah Blah Blah You act like a Dictator

yes it is changing just wait until the Muslim gain a foothold here like they have in other countries. They really hate gays. And if you doubt they can gain here just ask the New Yorkers living near the Mosque they built at ground zero.

I let people make up their own minds and if we come together as Christians great!

REALLY ?? you attack me with your every post. Not that i care but you shouldn't lie about it.
I really don't care about your opinion
other than I think you are a narcissist
who thinks you are more special to God
than anyone else here and it's BS!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51220 Feb 16, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
To remind you that your opinions about SSM, or as we call it "marriage equality" are irrelevant.
In spite of your best efforts, as well as KiMerde's, we're still legally married. Our union is recognized by all the people in our lives that are important, including God.
As for the rest of your blather, I have talked a bit about our lives. You completely ignored what I detailed, and continued to post fictional lies about me. That's right, you did. The self-professed spreader of Christian love continued to post lies and fictional accounts of my life. Further, this thread is hardly the place to detail our daily lives. How many other people are boring you with the minutia of their married lives in this thread.
Please stop pretending that I'm attacking "Christians" here, because that's a scapegoat. I AM a Christian, with 30 years service on a ministry team and a radically different theological perspective than yours. You've repeatedly crapped on my faith, claiming that being a Christian is incompatible with being gay.
Yes, I have gone after you, but that's because you're wind-bag for right-wing talking points. In response, you pull out the poor, poor, persecuted Christian card.
Troll on,
i don't recall putting in a effort to stop gay marriage other than my LEGAL right to vote.
Certainly you of all people have no problem with anyone exercising the right to vote.

to be honest i don't recall you saying anything nice.
all your post have an - in your face - mentality.
you go after every christian ( except the fake ones ) in here with a vengeance
lets face it that is pure hate. It is what motivates you.

that is why i think you'll be divorce someday.
i can't see your kind of hate not spilling into your everyday life.
you have too much hate within your soul. In comes across in your posts. More then it does even from my imposters. Those guys are just clowns trying to amuse themselves.
Posters like CaliGirl14 are just immatures who don't see the whole picture in life.
But you your different then any of them. Your a person with only hate inside.
i dont hate you at all. I really feel sorry for you. Not just spiritually but i feel sorry for you as one person to another. You will self destruct someday. In a very sad way.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#51221 Feb 16, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>To remind you that your opinions about SSM, or as we call it "marriage equality" are irrelevant.

Troll on,
"What he said"!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51222 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny, because you're the one who acts more like a Dicktator.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#51223 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Blah Blah Blah You act like a Dictator

I attack you? You're weak then...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#51224 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

you go after every christian ( except the fake ones ) in here with a vengeance
lets face it that is pure hate. It is what motivates you.
that is why i think you'll be divorce someday.
i can't see your kind of hate not spilling into your everyday life.
No, I go after bigots, idiots and trolls. I have not attacked Christians, though I have reminded you that your version of Christianity doesn't get to be the benchmark for mine (chew on that for a while).

Are you an aging, bitter old troll? That's how every one of your posts comes across.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51225 Feb 16, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny, because you're the one who acts more like a Dicktator.
i DIDN'T write that
i was quoting someone else
the fact that you would twist it shows your hate.
your last word also shows your hate
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51226 Feb 16, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I go after bigots, idiots and trolls. I have not attacked Christians, though I have reminded you that your version of Christianity doesn't get to be the benchmark for mine (chew on that for a while).
Are you an aging, bitter old troll? That's how every one of your posts comes across.
aging is something we all face.
But only a hateful person would attack someone based on age.
i am ok with getting old sure wouldn't want to be hateful like you.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51227 Feb 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack you? You're weak then...
judging me are you ?
i guess its ok if you judge others

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#51228 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
just curious but didn't you notice how he ended it ?
In my very humble opinion it kinda took the religious feel right out the comments.
also curious who's tables are you referring to that should be turned over ?
The ones Jesus turned over were those belonging to the money changers.
I dont see this as an issue about anyone profiteering financially..
I'm sure some have made money but i doubt that is the real issue about gay marriage.
I don't see it as an issue of profiteering financially either. I simply believe that Christ also had limits on how many times one turned the cheek the other way. He demonstrated that when he overturned the tables. He displayed his anger.

Beyond that, I don't support the "religious feel" you seem to relate well to, especially if it drives good and moral people away from Christianity. What better place for them? If you reject people for their differences, you will drive them away from their natural instincts of faith and conversations with God. I'm not a fan of organized religion, since even among the protestant denominations, they discriminate against one another. A Baptist is not Methodist who is not an Episcopalian nor a Catholic. They all have the same Bible for reference, and yet they've reached different conclusions about "the path" and the rules. JMO

What IS the real "issue" about gay marriage? Could it be some ancient translator's bogus translation of the Hebrew word with an agenda in mind? Maybe, huh?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#51229 Feb 16, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
..but you both need to realize that the battle and the war for marriage equality are over. Seriously. Both of you will take those opinions to the grave, and we'll continue to have marriage equality.
Opinion?

Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51230 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
You know, it isn't any less lame the 5000th time you cut and paste it.

Gay people have a marriage that is equal to yours in every way. This lack of distinction and total equivalence of gay marriage to yours bothers you immensely or you wouldn't have devoted such a large portion of your life to crying about it here.

No matter how many times you shove your fingers in your ears like a three year old and repeatedly shout, "No, you can;t make me accept reality" it doesn't change a thing. Within five years gay marriage will be allowed in all 50 states and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Except maybe try to be insulting on Topix. That seems to make you feel better about yourself.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51231 Feb 16, 2014
In case you missed it, yu have already lost this war.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentuc...

Game over, sweety. You lose. Deal with it.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51232 Feb 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't see it as an issue of profiteering financially either. I simply believe that Christ also had limits on how many times one turned the cheek the other way. He demonstrated that when he overturned the tables. He displayed his anger.
Beyond that, I don't support the "religious feel" you seem to relate well to, especially if it drives good and moral people away from Christianity. What better place for them? If you reject people for their differences, you will drive them away from their natural instincts of faith and conversations with God. I'm not a fan of organized religion, since even among the protestant denominations, they discriminate against one another. A Baptist is not Methodist who is not an Episcopalian nor a Catholic. They all have the same Bible for reference, and yet they've reached different conclusions about "the path" and the rules. JMO
What IS the real "issue" about gay marriage? Could it be some ancient translator's bogus translation of the Hebrew word with an agenda in mind? Maybe, huh?
funny you should mention those of us who are Christians driving away the gays in here.
You need to read what the gays write.
They don't want our religion.
We would love for them to realize according to scripture that marriage is between a man and a woman. Once they realize what religion teaches us and them about marriage and life we would welcome them.
The problem is not us. The problem is them wanting something that is wrong in Gods teaching.

As for your comment about different churches that is a huge misconception non christian make and few christian too. Until they realize the bible really is the same message.
Does it really matter if the wise men rode camels or donkeys ?Or if they ate corn or some other fruit/veggie native to the area. or who reached the tomb first.
Most of the differences pointed out by people are minor in nature. Those differences do NOT change God's love for us. Those changes are MAN's interpretation to make it easier for MAN to understand what man cannot fully understand.

there are no hidden agenda's in the bible. The bible very clear what God wants us to do.
Will we fail ?? SURE we will.
We always come up short but God loves us and forgive us if was sincerely ask him to..
If we truly believe in God and God's forgiveness we will go to heaven.
What is hidden about that ? Nothing .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RealDave 1,207,935
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,161
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,828
News Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 5 hr OF Mom 24
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr truth-facts 52,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr red and right 185,974
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Cold Front 69,321
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]