Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Granite City, IL

#51230 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
You know, it isn't any less lame the 5000th time you cut and paste it.

Gay people have a marriage that is equal to yours in every way. This lack of distinction and total equivalence of gay marriage to yours bothers you immensely or you wouldn't have devoted such a large portion of your life to crying about it here.

No matter how many times you shove your fingers in your ears like a three year old and repeatedly shout, "No, you can;t make me accept reality" it doesn't change a thing. Within five years gay marriage will be allowed in all 50 states and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Except maybe try to be insulting on Topix. That seems to make you feel better about yourself.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51231 Feb 16, 2014
In case you missed it, yu have already lost this war.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentuc...

Game over, sweety. You lose. Deal with it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51232 Feb 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't see it as an issue of profiteering financially either. I simply believe that Christ also had limits on how many times one turned the cheek the other way. He demonstrated that when he overturned the tables. He displayed his anger.
Beyond that, I don't support the "religious feel" you seem to relate well to, especially if it drives good and moral people away from Christianity. What better place for them? If you reject people for their differences, you will drive them away from their natural instincts of faith and conversations with God. I'm not a fan of organized religion, since even among the protestant denominations, they discriminate against one another. A Baptist is not Methodist who is not an Episcopalian nor a Catholic. They all have the same Bible for reference, and yet they've reached different conclusions about "the path" and the rules. JMO
What IS the real "issue" about gay marriage? Could it be some ancient translator's bogus translation of the Hebrew word with an agenda in mind? Maybe, huh?
funny you should mention those of us who are Christians driving away the gays in here.
You need to read what the gays write.
They don't want our religion.
We would love for them to realize according to scripture that marriage is between a man and a woman. Once they realize what religion teaches us and them about marriage and life we would welcome them.
The problem is not us. The problem is them wanting something that is wrong in Gods teaching.

As for your comment about different churches that is a huge misconception non christian make and few christian too. Until they realize the bible really is the same message.
Does it really matter if the wise men rode camels or donkeys ?Or if they ate corn or some other fruit/veggie native to the area. or who reached the tomb first.
Most of the differences pointed out by people are minor in nature. Those differences do NOT change God's love for us. Those changes are MAN's interpretation to make it easier for MAN to understand what man cannot fully understand.

there are no hidden agenda's in the bible. The bible very clear what God wants us to do.
Will we fail ?? SURE we will.
We always come up short but God loves us and forgive us if was sincerely ask him to..
If we truly believe in God and God's forgiveness we will go to heaven.
What is hidden about that ? Nothing .
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51233 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it isn't any less lame the 5000th time you cut and paste it.
Gay people have a marriage that is equal to yours in every way. This lack of distinction and total equivalence of gay marriage to yours bothers you immensely or you wouldn't have devoted such a large portion of your life to crying about it here.
No matter how many times you shove your fingers in your ears like a three year old and repeatedly shout, "No, you can;t make me accept reality" it doesn't change a thing. Within five years gay marriage will be allowed in all 50 states and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Except maybe try to be insulting on Topix. That seems to make you feel better about yourself.
what really is lame is your hate.
You can't even handle open conversation without insults or swear words.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51234 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
In case you missed it, yu have already lost this war.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentuc...
Game over, sweety. You lose. Deal with it.
actually it proves the point that you and DUSTY both run away from.
the people are NOT for gay marriages.
it takes a LIBERAL judge to force that law change.

the majority of Americans are not for gay marriage they never have been and they will be.
The more you force that on the people the more they will always reject you.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51235 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what really is lame is your hate.
You can't even handle open conversation without insults or swear words.
That post was for Kimare. You are so unoriginal. you cannot post anything without attacking me.

Right, genius?
truth

Granite City, IL

#51236 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it proves the point that you and DUSTY both run away from.
the people are NOT for gay marriages.
it takes a LIBERAL judge to force that law change.
the majority of Americans are not for gay marriage they never have been and they will be.
The more you force that on the people the more they will always reject you.
This has been repeatedly proven false. there's not much point in re-making the same points and re-posting the same links only for you to ignore them again.

How dare you respond to my post. You hateful Xtians are so unoriginal. I find new links to post and you cannot do anything except attack. Make your own posts. By commenting on mine you merely prove thaat I own free real estate inside your head.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51238 Feb 16, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-anti-gay-bill-ste...

looks like not everyone in the world supports homosexuality.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51239 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been repeatedly proven false. there's not much point in re-making the same points and re-posting the same links only for you to ignore them again.
How dare you respond to my post. You hateful Xtians are so unoriginal. I find new links to post and you cannot do anything except attack. Make your own posts. By commenting on mine you merely prove thaat I own free real estate inside your head.
you want to add up and see who has the most number of original posts this last month.
or who had the most links ?
i'll match you or any one of your little buddies any time
truth

Granite City, IL

#51240 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you want to add up and see who has the most number of original posts this last month.
or who had the most links ?
i'll match you or any one of your little buddies any time
I already tried to explain this but obviously you aren't quite smart enough to grasp the concept. Posting a link to someone else's ideas does not make you original.
Ace

Benton, IL

#51241 Feb 16, 2014
I see much hasn't change sense I last checked on this thread. The gays is still trying to persuade Earth Angel into back door sex with them lol.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51242 Feb 16, 2014
Ace wrote:
I see much hasn't change sense I last checked on this thread. The gays is still trying to persuade Earth Angel into back door sex with them lol.
ROTFL i'm just holding your spot in line.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51243 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>judging me are you ?
i guess its ok if you judge others
You whine a lot....Live and let live, it's
easy.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51244 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That post was for Kimare.
don't be jealous its so lame
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51245 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I already tried to explain this but obviously you aren't quite smart enough to grasp the concept.
LOL if you honestly believe i'm not smart, that i'm stupid, and dumb then doesn't make you a low life to pick on someone like me ?
How low of a person are you ? Picking on an old guy who's not smart at all.?
That is just pure evil hate. Shame on you.

where is CaliGirl14 to defend me ? Shouldn't she be telling its wrong to pick on old guys who are stupid. As some kind of Christian she should be on top this evil senseless attack by you.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51246 Feb 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You whine a lot....Live and let live, it's
easy.
gee i'm trying my best but then here comes TRUTH to lambast back into me for no reason at all.
Remember I'm just an old stupid guy
You should be standing up for seniors. Its the Christian thing to do.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51247 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL if you honestly believe i'm not smart, that i'm stupid, and dumb then doesn't make you a low life to pick on someone like me ?
How low of a person are you ? Picking on an old guy who's not smart at all.?
That is just pure evil hate. Shame on you.
where is CaliGirl14 to defend me ? Shouldn't she be telling its wrong to pick on old guys who are stupid. As some kind of Christian she should be on top this evil senseless attack by you.
Why wouldn't I believe it. You demonstrate it repeatedly. Your ignorance and boorishness is not my burden to bear, little guy.

So when you call people names and say hateful things it's a demonstration of your xtian love, but when I use the same behavior it's pure evil? That's cute.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51248 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
gee i'm trying my best but then here comes TRUTH to lambast back into me for no reason at all.
Remember I'm just an old stupid guy
You should be standing up for seniors. Its the Christian thing to do.
For no reason at all? I made a post to Kimare and then you attacked it, dipstick. Goddamn, you are dumb.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#51249 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
funny you should mention those of us who are Christians driving away the gays in here.
You need to read what the gays write.
They don't want our religion.
We would love for them to realize according to scripture that marriage is between a man and a woman. Once they realize what religion teaches us and them about marriage and life we would welcome them.
The problem is not us. The problem is them wanting something that is wrong in Gods teaching.
As for your comment about different churches that is a huge misconception non christian make and few christian too. Until they realize the bible really is the same message.
Does it really matter if the wise men rode camels or donkeys ?Or if they ate corn or some other fruit/veggie native to the area. or who reached the tomb first.
Most of the differences pointed out by people are minor in nature. Those differences do NOT change God's love for us. Those changes are MAN's interpretation to make it easier for MAN to understand what man cannot fully understand.
there are no hidden agenda's in the bible. The bible very clear what God wants us to do.
Will we fail ?? SURE we will.
We always come up short but God loves us and forgive us if was sincerely ask him to..
If we truly believe in God and God's forgiveness we will go to heaven.
What is hidden about that ? Nothing .
I think the problem is twofold.

1) It's a problem of translation.

and

2) It's a problem of prejudice and bigotry - homophobia.

BTW. I don't require you or anybody else to interpret for me what the Bible says. I'm perfectly capable of reading and interpreting for myself what it being said and what the parables are meant to convey. I don't need a minister (or you) to tell me what the Bible says. In fact, I'm not very keen at all on the Old Testament, and I believe everything you need to know to live successfully is summed up in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

You can suit yourself. I'm not going to hang around debating religion and Christianity with you because we are not likely to ever agree. I do know you're trying to exclude good people from a religion that is available to ALL human beings, and I don't know what you hope to get for the effort. If it's to feel that you're better than.........that's not very Christian, is it?

Have a one on one with God.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51250 Feb 16, 2014
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/15/rosi...
LOL did Rosie really think she was once fooling people into thinking she was straight ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 225,553
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,803
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min TRD 71,053
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min RACE 9,530
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mr Wizard 103,620
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RACE 8,576
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,666

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages