Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,280

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#51024 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
using judges to solve the problem is wrong.
states have always decided marriage laws based on state representation of the people in that state.
That is why you have different age requirements for marriage between states.
so yeah it is wrong for a judge to be making these decisions.
and again its the gays who scream about not judging them. How ironic. You judge us not the other way around.
Judicial review...... check into it.

Don't like the American system? Tough titties...... oooops...... you certainly aren't interested in titties.....
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#51025 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
my finding them when none of you can find your way out of a closet makes me unique
my posting comments on it makes me unique
my not having to rely on responding to tohers when i post makes me unique
you having to ALWAYS respond to others without ever posting a single post of your own makes you boring and just another gay person in here. Nothing special about you at all.
Your post could just be anyone else post. nothing sets any of you apart.
ahahahahah
ahahahahahahha
ahhaahhahahaha
ahhahahaahahhah

There is NOTHING unique about you. You aren't even uniquely stupid.
WoW

Paris, IL

#51026 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
spamming is just showing ignorance
Like posting a bunch of times in a row???
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#51027 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i think wrote that because you can't spell the bigger words.
The post replied to is filled in automatically, dumbass.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#51028 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The judges are being used in order to solve the unconstitutional amendments (propblems) that folk like you thought you could rush into law. That's their job. That's why we have them. This is what they are supposed to do.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
states have always decided marriage laws based on state representation of the people in that state.
No, the haven't. Loving v Virginia is a prime example.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And different rules for cousins in the south. Yes, we know why some states have different rules, but your original statement is wrong. The remaining states that would not allow inter-racial couples to marry were forced to by the Supreme Court. The hold out bigot states lost. The same is happening now. Sorry that upsets you. Too damn bad.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The judge isn't making decisions, the judge is interpreting the law. That's why your side is losing. And as noted previously, this is the judge's job, much as you and your fellow bigots wish otherwise.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
and again its the gays who scream about not judging them. How ironic. You judge us not the other way around.
Where is this mythological judgment that has been cast down on your by "the gays". What post can I find that in?

Oh, and by the way, the only ones screaming are you fundies. And all your screaming changes nothing. You've lost.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51029 Feb 14, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Showing all 47 wins and 66 nominations:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013753/awards
all by gay Hollywood

who besides you went and saw it

lets match it money wise and viewer wise to whichever Christian movie comes out next
or match it against
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335345/...
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51030 Feb 14, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The judges are being used
you got this part right
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#51031 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
my finding them when none of you can find your way out of a closet makes me unique
my posting comments on it makes me unique
my not having to rely on responding to tohers when i post makes me unique
you having to ALWAYS respond to others without ever posting a single post of your own makes you boring and just another gay person in here. Nothing special about you at all.
Your post could just be anyone else post. nothing sets any of you apart.
I'm not gay, cheeseball. And you're about as generic as they come.

You're just another Satanist doing the devil's work.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#51032 Feb 14, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
ahahahahah
ahahahahahahha
ahhaahhahahaha
ahhahahaahahhah
There is NOTHING unique about you. You aren't even uniquely stupid.
more spam more ignorance
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#51033 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
because of judges who quote the Constitution and then say they are quoting the Declaration.
and what happen to not judging others ?
i guess its ok to judge if the judge is gay.
guess you haven't made it all the way through to the 14th amendment in the u.s. constitution.

it reads :

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amend...

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2.

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5.

The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

And it this amendment's guarantee that has been used in court before seated judges that have ruled various laws and bans across this nation as being "unconstitutional" as they are not in compliance with the 14th amendment. repeatedly, attornies and judges have quoted this amendment in court cases dealing with same sex marriage.

clearly, you're quite uninformed.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#51034 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that is the proper way to address issues. that is how civil rights were opened up on the 60s. that is how segregation in public accomodations were done away with.

our u.s. constitution, our laws, our entire system is based upon the public's ability to address legal issues and questions before a judge and to allow them to make the decision. our constitution formed the 3 branches of the government - each with it's own powers and responsibilities in order to keep the other 2 in check. is that what you really want to do? change our system, change our constitution so that any given minority could be subject to the whims of discrimination by the majority? you want to take away the people's rights to go before a judge and address issues with public secular laws? i'm not so sure you'd like that outcome either, all things considered.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#51035 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
After all that, gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam, spam, spam, blah blah blah.
Too much spamming to take your posts seriously any more.
Yes Blondie, we all know what you 'think'...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#51036 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
After all that, gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving your anti-gay bias is nothing but animus. That's why we win in court! Keep up the good work!
What part specifically was untrue?

Smile.

Location hidden

#51037 Feb 14, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
tip of the hat to that post. I could never top that.
Thanks.

Sure you can. Truth has many facets and you see things others miss.
The Real Reagan

Granite City, IL

#51038 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
It's legal and there's nothing you can do about it.

And it's not scientifically defective. You just have a very limited understanding and a very strong bias.

Location hidden

#51039 Feb 14, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about long posts???
What my complaint is about, concerns how he simply repastes the exact same wording over and over and over again. It is just *spam* and tiring to look at much less responf to. When Kimare deviates away from the copy & paste I am much more inclined to give thought and respond accordingly.
Quotes about truth and fact are not diminished by repetition.

The mindless repetition of calling it "spam" is not a thoughtful response.

You clearly have no thoughtful response.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51040 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Sure you can. Truth has many facets and you see things others miss.
It's cute watching you two stroke each other.

Location hidden

#51041 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. They have a government supplied document that specifically states that their marriage is equal to yours. That bothers you immensely or you wouldn't dedicate such a substantial portion of your life to coming here to cry about it.
The only one in denial here is you. The law is the law and yet you sit here and cry like a child. "NO! I WON'T ACCEPT GAY MARRIAGE> YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"
You still haven't figured out yet that no one requires your acceptance or approval. They have the acceptance of their friends, family and most importantly the government. You do not matter.
No matter how much you cut and paste your same tired, cries.
What specifically does that document change about the reality I noted?

Location hidden

#51042 Feb 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientifically defective? Awesome. So when you were asked pages ago about sterile couples and couples too old to have kids, you replied that science is helping more of these people have kids. Finally caught your own tail.
We are talking about mating behavior and orientation.

Mating behavior normally functions for heterosexuals.

It NEVER functions for homosexuals.

It seems your brains fell out your tail...

Location hidden

#51043 Feb 14, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Wrong again. In a measure of freedom and civil liberty the ole USA comes in at #46.
If you were a single parent then you either had sex out of wedlock (an abomination for which you should be put to death) or you got a divorce (another sin in that what God has joined let no man separate). According to the Bible you are just as guilty and sinful as the gay people. Who the hell are you to be telling people about morality when in the eyes of the Bible you are an abomination? Get that log out of your eye.
You really need to change your handle...

What if earth angel was widowed? Or the victim of adultery, a legit cause for divorce?

Moreover, no human is perfect, and you just judged...

Get that log out of your eye...

See the problem?

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,624
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min hkjkkg 182,044
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min JOEL 71,224
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,908
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 98,873
Dear Abby 12-25 5 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago