Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52072 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50917 Feb 13, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Good find. Many gays/satans demons troll the internet trying to bring down good honest god fearing people to their level that wants to preserve good morals for our children and the future.
Just because they are your morals does not mean they are good morals.
reality

Saint Louis, MO

#50918 Feb 13, 2014
Very Good. That DOES describe you.
Quest wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2 014/02/12/study_shoes_that_onl ine_comment_trolls_are_sadists /
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#50919 Feb 13, 2014
reality wrote:
<quoted text>Very Good. That DOES describe you.
Some of you homophobes would kill
to get a Gay man's heart or liver, if
you were dying and on a Transplant
list though huh? Become Human,
don't hate your neighbors .
reality

Saint Louis, MO

#50920 Feb 13, 2014
I support SSM.
Don't forget to go Fook yourself.
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50921 Feb 13, 2014
Ace wrote:
People that work for a living is being overwhelmed by people that vote for a living.
good post ACE no truer words were ever said.

i find it annoying that those who vote for a living think its their right to demand service from everyone all the time.
NO businesses should have a right to decide who they want to do business with and who they want to refuse business with.
I guess they don't understand the views of those who work for a living.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50922 Feb 13, 2014
Quest wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2 014/02/12/study_shoes_that_onl ine_comment_trolls_are_sadists /
you don't have to point it out we already knew you were.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50923 Feb 13, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because they are your morals does not mean they are good morals.
your right those are GREAT morals that ACE has.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50924 Feb 13, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
having seen 3 family members slowly die NO they didn't seem to want any gay body apart
nor would i.
see what gays never get is that Christians don't mind dying we know we're heaven bound.
gays on the other hand have a good reason to fear death

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#50925 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
having seen 3 family members slowly die NO they didn't seem to want any gay body apart
nor would i.
You'd rather die than get an organ transplant if it happen to come from a gay person?

lol
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50927 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
your right those are GREAT morals that ACE has.
I think you mean "you're right", dummy.

And no they aren't. Bigotry, hatred and not believing in equality are evil.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50928 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nor would i.
see what gays never get is that Christians don't mind dying we know we're heaven bound.
Does that apply to all sinners, or is this a special bigotry that you hold?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#50929 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
gays love to dip into the black's civil rights movement as if its there movement.
sorry but not the same movement.
But yeah i totally agree that any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
i hope i said that plain enough. Because i keep getting asked do i think it applies to this group or that group, It should apply to all groups, all people, all businesses.
I've been to many a restaurant that had signs like that. And i'm sure you have too. If its ok for them it should be ok for everyone.
AGAIN why would you want to do business with a place that doesn't want you in it.
AGAIN why would a business want to do business with you if for any reason its against their belief. After all they would be losing money, possibly more customers so their belief against serving you would have to be a strong one.
ok one time so you and others get this right
any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
you may think that - but the laws do not reflect that sentiment.

why you wonder?

because the laws of this nation are there to level the playing field - to make things equitable and fair for everyone, not just those you'd want to do business with. the laws clearly are there to make sure that business is conducted equally across the board for everyone.

the laws of this nation are secular - apart from religious law or church canon. they are that way for a reason. that reason is linked to the founding fathers and the united states constitution under the premise that we're all equal before the laws and courts of this nation.

good luck.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#50930 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nor would i.
except that a person's sexual preference isn't something that differentiates between bodies. when a doctor removes the heart, lung, tissue, etc from a donor body, the check the health of the individual and the standard comparisons (weight, gender, etc) for use in another living human.
you cannot ascertain someone's sexual preference from a dead body or it's organs.

i've watched people slip slowly away into death as well - and none of them would've rejected any healthy donor as they all wanted to live. they all had a reason to live and love life. they all had a healthy respect for life. doesn't sound like your family members had the same outlook.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50931 Feb 13, 2014
Chances are that EarthAngel has had a gay doctor or nurse work on them at some point.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50932 Feb 13, 2014
false

Saint Louis, MO

#50933 Feb 13, 2014
Even Revelation was written in terms using their current understanding of the world.
truth wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/si deshow/camels-in-the-bible-182 042100.html
Ace

Benton, IL

#50934 Feb 13, 2014
It'd already happening. Gay rights for equality now this.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50935 Feb 13, 2014
Ace wrote:
It'd already happening. Gay rights for equality now this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R6FMb1wHc4gXX
is it to soon yet to say i had nothing to do with this video ?
Ace

Benton, IL

#50936 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
is it to soon yet to say i had nothing to do with this video ?
lol, you have broad shoulders.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50937 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you
she died of a birth defect at age 33 so i raised our daughter alone. from age 3
so i do know all about mothers, wife, sisters ( have one ) daughters, babies, grandaughters, etc
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Pervert

How can a man teach his daughter about tampon insertion???

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Sound familiar? We hear that shit all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min ROY 1,395,893
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min GEORGIA 8,903
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Sublime1 102,527
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Ize Found 70,729
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,126
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 216,902
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Retired SOF 2,151

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages