Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
43,741 - 43,760 of 49,379 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll learn in life the more things change the more they remain the same.
Oh look, the great and powerful Forrest Gump now thinks he's Yoda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the honesty i was curious as to how that works out with twins.
Demonstrating yet again how completely uneducated you are about anything being discussed. Twin studies on gays have been conducted for years.

Both as it relates to identical and fraternal twins.

http://www.worldpolicy.newschool.edu/wpi/glob...

Highest rates of shared sexual orientation among identical twins, with lower shared sexual orientation among non-identical twins. The biological correlation has already been established. There are also studies on siblings as well if you care to educate yourself. But we all know you aren't really interested in that.

Fundamentalists will instead try and tout that because there isn't a 100 percent match, that no biological basis has been established. Fundamentalists shill like yourself will also forget to mention that identical twins also don't have a 100 percent match on hundreds of other inate characteristics either, like handidness, eye color, hair patterns, teeth development, musical ability, etc., etc., etc. Because you hate truth.

Glad we could demonstrate again how stupid you are in this arena.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#507572 hrs ago
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
You realize this is EXACTLY what they said before inter-racial marriage, don't you?
do you really want to go down that road ?
which group has the highest broken home ratio ?
which group has the highest crime stats ?
It seems to me that family values do count very much.
So lets keep this about gay marriage before we go down a different road none of us want to talk about honestly.
----------
No misquote. You asked.
It's not a road we don't want to talk about honestly, it's only a road YOU and your shill compadres don't want to go down honestly. The original statement stands as completely accurate. You folk use the "SKY IS FALLING" routine, because it's all you have. You have no facts or valid support for your preconceived prejudices.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

My apologies Angel, just realized I responded to a post of yours that was actually a repost of imposter Earth Angels. My response was of course directed at his stupidity!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
are you just trying to be this dense
here is what i was saying
do you really want to go down that road ?
NO I DONT WANT TO GO DOWN ROAD AND I WONT CASE CLOSE
TRANSLATION: "I WILL NOT GO DOWN ANY ROAD THAT I KNOW WILL NOT SUPPORT ME".

Still yelling I see. It's like watching a 5 year old temper tantrum!!(I know that's probably an insult to 5 year olds, so if there are any 5 year olds reading this, I apologize)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance and acceptance is not always a good thing.
There you have it. The mantra of fundamentalist Christians.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Should you tolerate the guy next door beating his kids?[/QOUTE]
No, because the guy next door is inflicting harm. We don't accept that as a society. Gays and their marriages don't cause harm to themselves, others or society. Please do try and stay on track.

[QUOTE who="Earth Angel"]<quoted text>
Should you accept except every illegal that enters the country?
As a human person worthy of consideration and compassion. Absolutely. Are you advocating that we beat them like the kid next door? Are we obligated to make them citizens, no. We have laws on how to enter this country legally. We aren't a country that doesn't have ways for people to enter this country. We're discussing gay U.S. legal citizens, not those here illegally. Why can't you stay on course?
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your heart is in the right place. But your answers are too simplistic. Life is complicated and there is no easy answer.
The answer has already been supplied. The answer is equality. It's one of the foundations of our country. Sorry you're having such a hard time with that because of your cult mindset. But your cult isn't going to deny us our rights.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Opening minds yes good idea just be ready for more then you bargain for.
Oh, there's that slippery slope again, without any iota of cause and effect demonstrations to support it. More empty nonsense from the fundies.
relax

Palos Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

I did some checking online. The best I can find is that the different verses of the bible were written by a lot of people over a long period of time. None of which appears to be written it christs time, instead A.D. So my question is how can this be gods view?

Stand 100 people in line, tell the 1st person a story and see how it changes by the time it gets to the last person. Each person adds their perception and by the 100th person its a different story and that's in a short period of time. Not hundreds of years. If your into the bible, awsome. Just let other people make their own choices. You don't have to like them and they don't have to like yours. Doesn't mean either is right or wrong. It just is what it is. This is just my opinion. right or wrong. It doesn't mean ss marriage is right or wrong. Its up to the individual to decide their own views.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't ask next time, and you won't get an answer you don't like.
LOL!!!!! It's like everything else. Because imposter Earth Angel doesn't want or have the answers, he assumes the same about everyone else!!!!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you replied twice? Defensive, yes?
it was an afterthought post.
Plus i hate reading long posts so i figure you do too.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god is that exactly? Did you prove some god exists on this blog in a previous post (that I am sensing you'll tell me to go find)? Well, did you? If not then stop trying to pretend you have the mind of god tucked away in your back pocket and stick to talking like a rational person, okay?
God is a mystery even to us Christians. But we try our best.
where do you fit in
or don't you have anything to say on your own ?
so far all your posts are just responses to other posters.
Got nothing on your own ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i never asked you
the question was for Dusty
It's a public forum dolt. If you don't want your questions answered, don't ask them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/doubl...
A double negative gives the sentence a positive sense.
gotta love what that now means to your sentence
Gotta love when you make a fool out of yourself.(Which of course is just about everyone of your posts).

Thank you for demonstrating that you know as little about English sentence structure as you do about Illinois law, AIDS, statistics, human sexuality, the constitution, and evolution.

The sentence you responded to is NOT an example of a double negative. The negatives are applied to two separate items, thus strengthening the original negation. Apparently the school at your trailer park was very understaffed, or, you were just their weakest link.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

relax wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a legit question for you that i dont know about. Who wrote the 1st draft of the bible? When was it written?
i'm not a bible scholar . And i don't want to speculate.
you could ask KiMare for the answer. He certainly knows the bible better then i do.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

CDC wrote:
WOW.. You guys really ARE scared.
<quoted text>
LOL they sure are scared of me. Its not even Halloween.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what about left wing bigotry
or gay bigotry towards religion
Ah! The ole "reverse bigotry" attempt!!!! I love this one!!

big·ot·ry [big-uh-tree] Show IPA
noun, plural big·ot·ries.
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Demonstrate this COMPLETE intolerance you claim. What gay has told you that you can't have your religion? What gay has said you can't practice your religion? What gay has requested your religion be outlawed or denied you? What gay has stated that as a member of your religion you should not be considered eligible of all the rights and privileges afforded other members of our country?

Nice try with that tired attempt. Epic fail every time you try and play that routine.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
My apologies Angel, just realized I responded to a post of yours that was actually a repost of imposter Earth Angels. My response was of course directed at his stupidity!
OMG is this funny
you are so wrapped up in your hate rant towards me you didn't even realize you were in fact posting to another imposter.

One imposter posting to the other imposter thinking it was me.
and ranting hate at him too
this made my day
CDC was right you guys really do fear me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

relax wrote:
I did some checking online. The best I can find is that the different verses of the bible were written by a lot of people over a long period of time. None of which appears to be written it christs time, instead A.D. So my question is how can this be gods view?
Stand 100 people in line, tell the 1st person a story and see how it changes by the time it gets to the last person. Each person adds their perception and by the 100th person its a different story and that's in a short period of time. Not hundreds of years. If your into the bible, awsome. Just let other people make their own choices. You don't have to like them and they don't have to like yours. Doesn't mean either is right or wrong. It just is what it is. This is just my opinion. right or wrong. It doesn't mean ss marriage is right or wrong. Its up to the individual to decide their own views.
This is my favorite example of your post!

http://www.eatliver.com/i.php...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG is this funny
you are so wrapped up in your hate rant towards me you didn't even realize you were in fact posting to another imposter.
I don't hate you, I pity you. There's a big difference. Hate requires effort, and you don't qualify as being worth effort. You're a moron.

And I was in fact posting to you. Angel's post had your direct post inside his. Hence my clarification.

Most telling of all is that of all the posts I've made, you fail to address any of the counterpoints I've made, because you can't. Very telling indeed.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
this made my day
then your day didn't amount to much. How pathetic that such an insignificant oversight was the highlight of your existence. Yup, I definitely pity someone whose day was made over such a trivial moment.

Make sure to share this moment at buybull study tomorrow night. I'm sure the other sheep in your little cult will regale with you as their lives are probably as empty as yours.
relax

Palos Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not a bible scholar . And i don't want to speculate.
you could ask KiMare for the answer. He certainly knows the bible better then i do.
i checked the best i could online. Please see my last post. It was the best I could find.

Sorry about long posts, I saw everyone else doing it and thought that was the best way to explain my views without getting a bunch of follow up questions. My wife gets on topix a lot but this is my 1st time.....topix virgin;)
Patches

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate you, I pity you. There's a big difference. Hate requires effort, and you don't qualify as being worth effort. You're a moron.
And I was in fact posting to you. Angel's post had your direct post inside his. Hence my clarification.
Most telling of all is that of all the posts I've made, you fail to address any of the counterpoints I've made, because you can't. Very telling indeed.
<quoted text>
then your day didn't amount to much. How pathetic that such an insignificant oversight was the highlight of your existence. Yup, I definitely pity someone whose day was made over such a trivial moment.
Make sure to share this moment at buybull study tomorrow night. I'm sure the other sheep in your little cult will regale with you as their lives are probably as empty as yours.
As an outsider looking in I would say that you are engaging in the same pitiful behavior as the anti-homosexual ranter by degrading his religion. How can someone who wants to be so accepted be so un accepting of others views?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,099,063
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Mothra 46,271
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min LRS 177,258
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 50 min j_m_w 97,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 52 min Eric 68,912
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,644
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,653
Amy 8-26 8 hr Stina2 26
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••