Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

well

Mchenry, IL

#50901 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> I don't understand it because of the way I was raised. I have learned to be o.k. with it and I'm changing more everyday.
I choose a higher power because the god I was raised on was full of hate and violence. A higher power is just a force greater then yourself, its a personal matter, for some its things like nature or maybe, the love of your children, it can be anything that you can count on. I know its weird but it is what it is.
I don't understand gay marriage for stupid reasons og ignorance and evil. I work daily to improve my views so my children will not be raised like me. I don't want them to be in a world full of hate, bigotry and pain. I've lost my family, my friends of years past I've lost everything because of the views I once had. When I choose to denounce my lifestyle it was just part of something I had to do. I carry physical (ink, pain from fights, I've been stabbed, etc) and mental scars (from the damage I inflicted) from years past. I've left scars on those i came in contact with that didn't share my old beliefs. My only intention here was to show if I can come to tolerate others choices, anyone can. I can never make up for what I have done, but I can make improvements for my children. I don't want them to be like me, raised like me, in the environment I grew up in. I guarantee I won't sleep tonight because of my struggles with excepting my past but that's nothing new . Anyone who wants to dig on me please feel free, I deserve it. I know where I've been, I know where I'm at and I know where I'm going.
I applaud you for working so hard...

If I can only say one thing to you it is this quote:

"Don't judge me by my past...I don't live there anymore."

Best wishes to you in the future.
relax

Princeton, IL

#50902 Feb 12, 2014
My tax return this year will get the rest of the hatred i have printed on my body covered. My oldest son is almost 9, I'm looking forward to taking him to public pools and such. To my knowledge he has never seen me with my shirt off. I didn't allow my wife to see my ink for almost a year when we met. When it came to sex it was stricktly lights off or partially clothed....sorry.... She's the most understanding woman alive. My life was sad, she saved me. I'm not as good with words as some of you. I hope I hope I was understandable.
well

Mchenry, IL

#50903 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
She's the most understanding woman alive. My life was sad, she saved me. I'm not as good with words as some of you. I hope I hope I was understandable.
Loud and clear, you are very blessed to have her.
relax

Libertyville, IL

#50904 Feb 12, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am thank you.

I hope I didnt offend anyone, I can be pretty bad sometimes, bred into me I guess. A weak excuse I know, but I'm working on it.
relax

La Grange, IL

#50905 Feb 12, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, thank you. I hope I wasn't to offensive, I know I can be sometimes, but I'm working on it.
Ace

Benton, IL

#50906 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
1 ) religion is not based on proof its based on faith. But historical sites and people from the bible have been proven to be true. As for hell anyone who been to war will tell you hell does exist. And they fear that even more then war.
2 ) as for God exist i've seen the birth my daughter from a mother whom doctors gave up on 15 years earlier.To me that was a blessing from God.I. really sorry for you if you never been touched by God that way.
3 ) nuff said
4 A ) i know states issue them :) got one. LOL my argument all along has been states should decide marriage issues not some liberal judge.
4B ) not true at all. In the bible God clearly did not want Adam & Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, nor was he wild about free will but he allowed it. Jesus when asked about divorce said God allowed it only because of man's harden heart. So God does allow evil into the world but doesn't want it.
5 - 6- 7 i'll ignore it since it refers to the rubble rousers
8 ):)
9 ) good point well ACE is a poster who 1st brought issues that i'm now acredited with - i get that a lot.
actually as much as i enjoy this back and forth its better for you to post your own ideas and let others comment on your ideas
LOL it worked so well for me
but seriously your smart enough not to need to play 2nd fiddle to me.
Jump in and say hey these are my thoughts and then post away
i'm sure you'll get attention to your ideas
9 ) good point well ACE is a poster who 1st brought issues that i'm now acredited with - i get that a lot.

lol we don't even live in the same neck of the woods. Personally anyone that is against anal sex has good morals and I will call them friend. Don't be taken credit for my comments lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Click

Ballwin, MO

#50907 Feb 12, 2014
Visit my web page here //// ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey

Ballwin, MO

#50908 Feb 12, 2014
Read article

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Works For Me"”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#50909 Feb 13, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://politix.topix.com/story /10365-gop-lawmakers-propose-l egalizing-discrimination-again st-gay-couples-in-kansas
this comes a little late to help that baker out but its a great idea.
owning a business and being allowed to refuse a customer for ANY reason sounds right to me.
and who would really want to shop in a place that didn't want you.
what kind of service could they expect.
i would vote for this law
And pray tell what if that baker refused to bake a cake for a black couple,or a Jewish couple ? I suppose it would also be OK to refuse service to them also ? As usual you're wrong once again,if you don't treat all equally what kind of country would this be ? The baker deserved what he got,he broke the law period !
truth

Granite City, IL

#50910 Feb 13, 2014
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentuc...

You're done. It's over. Cry on Topix about it all you like, but that's the end of your BS argument.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50911 Feb 13, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Now might be a good time to go back and re-read some of your own posts with an impartial eye.
i never wrote anything like what he wrote.
I never wrote bad things about someone who died
or about a motherless child

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50912 Feb 13, 2014
Falconetti wrote:
<quoted text>
And pray tell what if that baker refused to bake a cake for a black couple,or a Jewish couple ? I suppose it would also be OK to refuse service to them also ? As usual you're wrong once again,if you don't treat all equally what kind of country would this be ? The baker deserved what he got,he broke the law period !
gays love to dip into the black's civil rights movement as if its there movement.
sorry but not the same movement.

But yeah i totally agree that any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

i hope i said that plain enough. Because i keep getting asked do i think it applies to this group or that group, It should apply to all groups, all people, all businesses.

I've been to many a restaurant that had signs like that. And i'm sure you have too. If its ok for them it should be ok for everyone.
AGAIN why would you want to do business with a place that doesn't want you in it.
AGAIN why would a business want to do business with you if for any reason its against their belief. After all they would be losing money, possibly more customers so their belief against serving you would have to be a strong one.

ok one time so you and others get this right

any business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50913 Feb 13, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
lol we don't even live in the same neck of the woods. Personally anyone that is against anal sex has good morals and I will call them friend. Don't be taken credit for my comments lol
LOL i'll try my best never to take credit for other posters comments.
you would think with all the offensive comments i make they wouldn't need to credit me with your comments.
It is amazing how shook up they get on this forum.
Most forums are business related and kinda boring. But useful for help.
I haven't even tried the other threads on topix.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Benton, IL

#50914 Feb 13, 2014
People that work for a living is being overwhelmed by people that vote for a living.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#50915 Feb 13, 2014
Ace

Benton, IL

#50916 Feb 13, 2014
Quest wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2 014/02/12/study_shoes_that_onl ine_comment_trolls_are_sadists /
Good find. Many gays/satans demons troll the internet trying to bring down good honest god fearing people to their level that wants to preserve good morals for our children and the future.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50917 Feb 13, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Good find. Many gays/satans demons troll the internet trying to bring down good honest god fearing people to their level that wants to preserve good morals for our children and the future.
Just because they are your morals does not mean they are good morals.
reality

Saint Louis, MO

#50918 Feb 13, 2014
Very Good. That DOES describe you.
Quest wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2 014/02/12/study_shoes_that_onl ine_comment_trolls_are_sadists /
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#50919 Feb 13, 2014
reality wrote:
<quoted text>Very Good. That DOES describe you.
Some of you homophobes would kill
to get a Gay man's heart or liver, if
you were dying and on a Transplant
list though huh? Become Human,
don't hate your neighbors .
reality

Saint Louis, MO

#50920 Feb 13, 2014
I support SSM.
Don't forget to go Fook yourself.
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of you homophobes would kill
to get a Gay man's heart or liver, if
you were dying and on a Transplant
list though huh? Become Human,
don't hate your neighbors .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,498,000
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Columbo 237,764
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Julia 63,397
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 14 hr Willie Wackoff 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr TRD 71,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 15 hr Steve smith 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages