Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52073 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50876 Feb 12, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you asked me for my 'points and I gave them to you... should I conclude silence means consent? Still mulling them over and need more time perhaps? Missed seeing them some how?
I am going with silence means consent.
as i said earlier today i'm kinda busy so i'm skipping over long winded stuff.
if its that important to you i'll get to it but my answer may be short because of that.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50877 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> A trap?? I'm not a 12 year old. I've been honest polite and told you I see both sides which includes yours. I said i don't understad gay marriage. As far as this not being a bible thread but about gays. Damn near every post that YOU and others have made are about the bible and god. You use the bible as your reference to your views on gay marriage, so of course its about the bible. Just so you know I do recognize a higher power and I'm not for gay marriage, like I've said several times. But I've learned to tolerate it because its not 1950 anymore. You might want to check out the serinity prayer, especially the first line, churches recite it all time. If you don't know what it is.....google it because its coming. The serinity prayer saves my life everyday. If it wasn't for someone explaining the prayers meaning I would probably be in prison for some kind of hate crime by now ,like many i know. Think of me as you will, I've came a long way in life since red boot laces. You might as well face it gay marriage is here and its not going away especially not from those scientist that will be looking for the "gay cure" you spoke of. I tried sharing my experiences and life changes in hopes that people can see that if people like me can learn to tolerate it anyone can and if people can't tolerate it atleast learn to ignore it no matter your views. Its not your choice or the churches. But whatever, close mindness will always keep those who choose not to change down. Just ignore it if you can't stand it, its not going away. Look how much this debate has consumed you and your magical powers of control. That's not very extremly religious like, like you said you were, even by your bibles standards.
oh please. I'm having fun with my haters and even they know that.
anyway i said before the answers you're looking for are best defined by KiMare then me.
i'm just not up to the task.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50878 Feb 12, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god and how do you know it is real?
<quoted text>
Since you asked...
1) Marriage is a basic human right. Denying marriage licenses to gay couples for the sole reason of matching genitalia is unethical, unfair and hurtful.
2) What total strangers do with their lives doesn't change who you are or your marriage. That goes for total strangers who are also gay. So stop trying to tell others they need your personal genital check approve to get married.
3) The fact that government thinks they belong in the business of regulating marriage is something I think deserves some serious reflection.
4a) Marriage requires no religious affilation whatsoever and religious affiliations have zero say in marriage.
4b) If there is a god and he didn't want people to be gay, then they would be!
5) Marriage does not require sex or reproduction.
6) Sex and reproduction do not require marriage.
7) Only dolts can't figure out how to understand #5 & #6.
8) What turns you on sexually, well turns you on! Nobody chooses what gets them going. If you happen to get turned on by a member of the same sex, well that's just the way it is and only a fool would deny that (goes for straights too).
9) Gay marriage has nothing to with polygamy. Or necrophilia. Or pedophiles, Yankee fans, vegetarians, incest, or sex with animals. Only mindless drones try to turn the discussion into those points.
ok i read it
LOL i guess you want my thoughts on each point ? you did jump on me for ignoring it so i guess i'll comment . Don't blame me you insisted.
1 ) Dusty loves to ask me hurting who. Gays are hurting themselves They risk hell for that kind of marriage.
2 ) i never made such a statement. Its God's approval they need not mine.
3 ) you'll have to take that up with the government
4A ) they do if its in their church.
4B ) God allows a lot of things like disease, war, so just because he allows for gays does not mean he approves of it
5 - 6 - 7 seem silly to me but heck if you think those were cool statements fine.
8 ) actually i do control what turns me on. You should see me play Mahjong
9 ) why do i have to keep saying this - it was ACE who brought that up not me.
Everyone is so used to dumping on me its now become no matter what is said or by whom i get the credit for it.
now are ya happy. I did as you asked.
in the future just come up with your own ideas and post about them.
You dont need to only respond to other posts.
courage up and post your views and comments. You dont need me for that.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50879 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
I'm not going to participate in your childish bs, and it pretty much looks like I was one of the few on here that can see your side. Only difference is I've learned to live with it, grow up and move on.
Take it easy nice talking to you,
i can do without your support
saying someone is childish bs is not my idea of supporting them.
Take your own advice and move on.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#50880 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nope there is still another choice you're missing.
keep guessing because you can't reason anything out.
You're a widower? Sorry to hear.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50881 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nope there is still another choice you're missing.
keep guessing because you can't reason anything out.
Virgin birth?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#50882 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ok i read it
LOL i guess you want my thoughts on each point ? you did jump on me for ignoring it so i guess i'll comment . Don't blame me you insisted.
1 ) Dusty loves to ask me hurting who. Gays are hurting themselves They risk hell for that kind of marriage.
4B ) God allows a lot of things like disease, war, so just because he allows for gays does not mean he approves of it
5 - 6 - 7 seem silly to me but heck if you think those were cool statements fine.
Everyone is so used to dumping on me its now become no matter what is said or by whom i get the credit for it.
I did ask because when I was merely responding you sort of accused me of not having any thoughts, remember?
Thanks for taking time to respond. I'll give you a quick response back to be fair:
1) If you have proof that hell exists please share. Otherwise I posit there is zero risk of hell.
2) Fair enough. When I say "you" I do mean it for a wider audience in general, not trying to misquote you. Also, If you have proof that a god actually exists please share. Otherwise I posit there cannot possibly be any need for a god's approval.
3) Yes, of course - we agree.
4a) Not really because churches do not issue marriage licenses (sorry).
4b) What he allows IS equivalent to what he wants, it could be no other way. Unless there is no god at all in which case the point is moot.
5-6-7 are responses to others besides you. Some like to equate marriage to making babies and hence like to stretch that out to somehow not support gay marriage.
8) touche. Believe me, there is an instictive part of us all that we don't define or select....
9) I have no idea who ACE is and was not speaking about you per se. Remember you just asked if I had any points - you didn't ask me to limit me points directly to your posts.
cheers.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50883 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ok i read it
That's their business alone. What right do you have to interfere in the choices of adults? Hell is a fantasy that not everyone believes in. Do not try to apply it to others. They only need your God's approval if they believe in your god. Keep your mythology to yourself.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#50884 Feb 12, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>.... Hey truth....you are so "STUPID!"...Why don't you go back in your STUPID closet and get on your knees and seek the real truth! Boy oh boy, you are "STUPIDIER" than anyone thought! I bet you like to play center in football.....yikesssssss
Hey, R U Stupid, welcome to the real world!!! DOLT!!!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-februar...

My personal favorite.....
http://twentytwowords.com/dallas-sportscaster...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/10/dont...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/10/nfl-...

R U Stupid, are you competing with imposter Earth Angel as the most out of touch and stupid imposter, non registered poster? Or are you the same person?!! LOL!!!! You phobes are a hoot!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50885 Feb 12, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a widower? Sorry to hear.
thank you
she died of a birth defect at age 33 so i raised our daughter alone. from age 3
so i do know all about mothers, wife, sisters ( have one ) daughters, babies, grandaughters, etc
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50886 Feb 12, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
I did ask because when I was merely responding you sort of accused me of not having any thoughts, remember?
Thanks for taking time to respond. I'll give you a quick response back to be fair:
1) If you have proof that hell exists please share. Otherwise I posit there is zero risk of hell.
2) Fair enough. When I say "you" I do mean it for a wider audience in general, not trying to misquote you. Also, If you have proof that a god actually exists please share. Otherwise I posit there cannot possibly be any need for a god's approval.
3) Yes, of course - we agree.
4a) Not really because churches do not issue marriage licenses (sorry).
4b) What he allows IS equivalent to what he wants, it could be no other way. Unless there is no god at all in which case the point is moot.
5-6-7 are responses to others besides you. Some like to equate marriage to making babies and hence like to stretch that out to somehow not support gay marriage.
8) touche. Believe me, there is an instictive part of us all that we don't define or select....
9) I have no idea who ACE is and was not speaking about you per se. Remember you just asked if I had any points - you didn't ask me to limit me points directly to your posts.
cheers.
1 ) religion is not based on proof its based on faith. But historical sites and people from the bible have been proven to be true. As for hell anyone who been to war will tell you hell does exist. And they fear that even more then war.
2 ) as for God exist i've seen the birth my daughter from a mother whom doctors gave up on 15 years earlier.To me that was a blessing from God.I. really sorry for you if you never been touched by God that way.
3 ) nuff said
4 A ) i know states issue them :) got one. LOL my argument all along has been states should decide marriage issues not some liberal judge.
4B ) not true at all. In the bible God clearly did not want Adam & Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, nor was he wild about free will but he allowed it. Jesus when asked about divorce said God allowed it only because of man's harden heart. So God does allow evil into the world but doesn't want it.
5 - 6- 7 i'll ignore it since it refers to the rubble rousers
8 ):)
9 ) good point well ACE is a poster who 1st brought issues that i'm now acredited with - i get that a lot.
actually as much as i enjoy this back and forth its better for you to post your own ideas and let others comment on your ideas
LOL it worked so well for me
but seriously your smart enough not to need to play 2nd fiddle to me.
Jump in and say hey these are my thoughts and then post away
i'm sure you'll get attention to your ideas

Location hidden

#50887 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> i checked the best i could online. Please see my last post. It was the best I could find.
Sorry about long posts,
You should NEVER apologize for long posts. You should post as you see fit. This is a completely public forum. There are no rules, despite folk like imposter Earth Angel that think that there are. Post as you see fit.
relax wrote:
I saw everyone else doing it and thought that was the best way to explain my views without getting a bunch of follow up questions. My wife gets on topix a lot but this is my 1st time.....topix virgin;)
You shouldn’t be worried about follow up questions. That’s how REAL discussion occurs. There are those that would like to limit you, because it suits their needs. This is a public forum, post as you want. If some folk decide to skip your posts because of length, that says more about them than you. Articulate yourself.

I’ve gone back and read many of your posts. You intrigue me, and I’m sure others, but your posts got smothered because of attention hogs. Only you can decide when others posting are important or non important. Personally I now see that your posts are quite open and I like that. So do many others. Sorry that there were some here that made you feel intimidated.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50888 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's their business alone. What right do you have to interfere in the choices of adults? Hell is a fantasy that not everyone believes in. Do not try to apply it to others. They only need your God's approval if they believe in your god. Keep your mythology to yourself.
only those going to hell would think of it as a fantasy place. Yes that is a hint for you.
i'm planning on going to HEAVEN and God willing i'll be there.
Poof

Madison, WI

#50889 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
, etc
Hi Buttercup, I posted to you the other day. I asked what would happen to a church that refused to marry a mixed couple . You played stupid, hey that's ok here is a link.

http://www.google.com/url...

http://www.google.com/url...

Now ,is it ok for a church to refuse a interracial marriage ?
Is it ok to refuse a same sex marriage?

Next question.
Why are opposite sex couples more qualified to raise children. Please do list the qualifications.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50890 Feb 12, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
but your posts got smothered because of attention hogs.. Sorry that there were some here that made you feel intimidated.
actually i encouraged him TWICE to post to another poster.
i would hardly call that smothering.
i guess like usual you over look what you don't like.

he is free to post to whomever he wants to and as often as he wants to.
LOL maybe he just isn't interested in you

Location hidden

#50891 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> A trap?? I'm not a 12 year old. I've been honest polite and told you I see both sides which includes yours. I said i don't understad gay marriage.
OK, I could spend time telling you there is no such institution as "gay marriage" or I could ask you what it is about the marriages of gays that you don't understand. I'll go with the latter. Can you please explain to me what it is about two people of the same gender, wanting to have their relationship federally recognized like heterosexual relationships that you don't understand? Can you provide specifics?
relax wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as this not being a bible thread but about gays. Damn near every post that YOU and others have made are about the bible and god. You use the bible as your reference to your views on gay marriage, so of course its about the bible. Just so you know I do recognize a higher power and I'm not for gay marriage, like I've said several times.
What does you higher power say about the matter? Or does he/she? Can you elaborate your higher power? I really am being serious. I don't understand people that recognize a higher power, but don't recognize that power's need to create diversity. Is your basis for not being for gays marrying a religious one, a scientific one, an evolutionary one, what? What is the basis for your non recognition?
relax wrote:
<quoted text>
But I've learned to tolerate it because its not 1950 anymore. You might want to check out the serinity prayer, especially the first line, churches recite it all time. If you don't know what it is.....google it because its coming. The serinity prayer saves my life everyday. If it wasn't for someone explaining the prayers meaning I would probably be in prison for some kind of hate crime by now ,like many i know.

I'm really glad that the serenity prayer gives you so much solace. It really is an awesome prayer, and awesome way of viewing things. I hope you will also recognize that many people don't feel that place of powerlessness. For those of you that do, the serenity prayer is incredible. But not everyone has shared your journey, and from your posts I think you know that.
relax wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of me as you will, I've came a long way in life since red boot laces. You might as well face it gay marriage is here and its not going away especially not from those scientist that will be looking for the "gay cure" you spoke of.
Let me assure you, absolutely no one is looking for that "gay cure" he spoke of. That is a pipe dream of ubber fundamentalists, because they can't bare the though that current parents don't procreate KNOWING that their child might be gay. Parents of the current generation are more enlightened. It's these very parents that strive to have school policies enacted that will make sure their gay children are taken care of, and not allowed to be bullied. Parents of the current generation don't care if their kids are gay. And that scares and frightens posters like imposter Earth Angel to no end.
relax wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried sharing my experiences and life changes in hopes that people can see that if people like me can learn to tolerate it anyone can and if people can't tolerate it atleast learn to ignore it no matter your views. Its not your choice or the churches. But whatever, close mindness will always keep those who choose not to change down. Just ignore it if you can't stand it, its not going away. Look how much this debate has consumed you and your magical powers of control. That's not very extremly religious like, like you said you were, even by your bibles standards.
Well said. I hate the "basis" of your argument, but the end result won't change. We gays will not be treated differently, we have no basis to be treated differently. I hope some day you will understand why, rather than seeing it as a burden on your beliefs.

Location hidden

#50892 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
I'm not going to participate in your childish bs,
Glad you see it as BS!
relax wrote:
<quoted text>
and it pretty much looks like I was one of the few on here that can see your side
Only difference is I've learned to live with it, grow up and move on.
Take it easy nice talking to you,
I hope you will be back. Topix virgin or not.

Location hidden

#50893 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you
she died of a birth defect at age 33 so i raised our daughter alone. from age 3
so i do know all about mothers, wife, sisters ( have one ) daughters, babies, grandaughters, etc
Seems to me she should have been taken away from you, given that your bible doesn't condone single parenthood. You deprived your daughter a loving stable two parent home. Isn't that what you fundies always preach about. Yet again demonstrating you're a hypocrite.
Children do better in a two parent opposite sex home!! Brrraaaccckkkkk. Children do better in a two parent opposite sex home!!!!
Typical fundie hypocrite.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50894 Feb 12, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me she should have been taken away from you, given that your bible doesn't condone single parenthood. You deprived your daughter a loving stable two parent home. Isn't that what you fundies always preach about. Yet again demonstrating you're a hypocrite.
Children do better in a two parent opposite sex home!! Brrraaaccckkkkk. Children do better in a two parent opposite sex home!!!!
Typical fundie hypocrite.
its posts like yours that i hope SIX-OF-ONE sees
People need to see the kind of sick twisted filth gays like you spew out
for all those who tell me about tolerance
YOU are a perfect example of someone who really isn't tolerate

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50895 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
its posts like yours that i hope SIX-OF-ONE sees
People need to see the kind of sick twisted filth gays like you spew out
for all those who tell me about tolerance
YOU are a perfect example of someone who really isn't tolerate
Now might be a good time to go back and re-read some of your own posts with an impartial eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Nuculur option 1,383,502
Do the fatties under the Hijab swelter?? Ask th... 1 hr justice 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr -Glinda- 8,420
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 214,477
Home Bound Horror Story 1 hr justice 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Retired SOF 990
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,607
Observations 4 hr Angelique770 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages