Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#50812 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Earth Angel's M.O.
Dodge, dodge, dodge.
Any time you try to confront his ridiculous bigotry you are told that he is above you, or that you are unoriginal and cannot think of anything to say.
He's either a troll, or one of the stupidest people I have ever encountered on the internet.
Lets give him a double credit.....he's a stupid troll

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50814 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Earth Angel's M.O.
Dodge, dodge, dodge.
Any time you try to confront his ridiculous bigotry you are told that he is above you, or that you are unoriginal and cannot think of anything to say.
He's either a troll, or one of the stupidest people I have ever encountered on the internet.
A little from column A, and a little from column B.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50815 Feb 12, 2014
truth always beats lIes23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets give him a double credit.....he's a stupid troll
No, I don't think he's trolling. He's dead serious in his idiocy. It's no act meant to offend. He's really this stupid.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#50816 Feb 12, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
The secular humanists among us don’t understand why anyone would invoke the teachings of the bible regarding homosexuality in the 21rst century. Notice how the date is always mentioned in this debate, as if to say that we are all enlightened now, and the superstitions and old wives’ tales of the bible are all passé.
“I’m smart because I think for myself, and you’re stupid because you believe the bible.” After all, people who believe what the bible teaches are out of step with the current realities of the modern world and the “enlightenment”. Be like us, say the secularists, and leave all of that bible nonsense to the middle ages. Then, you will be free to pursue your own self interests without any artificial constraints on your way of thinking. And that is a sure recipe for hell. The devil is only too happy for people to make up their own moral codes based on what they “feel” is right. 6 billion people on earth with 6 billion different moral codes – a demon’s delight.
You're correct, the restraints of your buybull ARE artificial. That's why we're not concerned with them.

Location hidden

#50817 Feb 12, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out everyone....earth anal is using CAPS...it's getting serious!!!
In his head it's a sign of his imaginary powers!!!!!! To everyone else it's another example of what a complete joke he is!!!

Location hidden

#50818 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
But i'll tell you up front i don't do bible quotes.
it becomes a tit4tat game and i don't play games with my bible.
The bible should be read as a whole in order to really understand its messages.
This statement above from the same person that brought you this post....

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/johnston-city...

“Now its your turn tells where specifically in the bible God says gay sex is acceptable.”– imposter Earth Angel 2/10/14

Fundamentalist Christians, hypocrites and liars to the core.
relax

United States

#50819 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what about left wing bigotry
or gay bigotry towards religion
i'm always suspicious when a question like yours is slanted towards only one side.
if that is your game like Angel you'll find i won't play it.
later maybe tonight but i got places to be today
I'm sorry I could of been a bit more clear, Ill never claim to be smart. I didn't mean to represent one side if that's how it sounds. That's why I talk of tolerance. you don't have to understand others views like others don't have to except yours. Ive said several times I don't understand gay marraige, but after long thought I see how it doesn't effect me eithef way. Ive used examples like hunting to show how peoe don't except my views but I tolerate it because its my right to live my life.

You can't compare a man beating his child to 2 men getting marrre. abuse is unacceptabe. that's why I Say as long as its not hurting or impeeding on others rights. Beating a child is taking that child's right to live free happy and safe.

As far as church views, they change to that's why I used examples of race and drugs. At one time certain churches would not allow minorities in, thats changed and nobody sued. Some churches in the past have used opium to give people "the feeling of god. Drugs are still used today in some religions, probably not so much in the USA. I would expect that christanity has changed its belief on that.

Sorry if I was misunderstood

I have a legit question for you that i dont know about. Who wrote the 1st draft of the bible? When was it written?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#50820 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think he's trolling. He's dead serious in his idiocy. It's no act meant to offend. He's really this stupid.
Which makes him a dangerous idiot? Either way I think he's a f**k'n psychopath
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#50822 Feb 12, 2014
WOW.. You guys really ARE scared.
truth always beats lIes23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which makes him a dangerous idiot? Either way I think he's a f**k'n psychopath

Location hidden

#50823 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what's next you're going to say the bible didn't mention you specifically by name ?
news flash for ya. The bible is written for EVERYONE and no he's not pleased with you.
The bible is written for Christians. Not everyone is a Christian, so NO, it's not written for EVERYONE. There are many people that don't give a shit about your book of myths.

Location hidden

#50824 Feb 12, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! Are you serious? You're going to use Rosie O'Donell as your example?
Of course he is. He has to rely on presenting ONE person for an entire sect of people. He loves to pretend that "the gays" have universally shared mindset. It's the only way his childish "arguments" work for him.

Imagine if we presented Jim Jones or Fred Phelps as the spokespersons for Christianity!! Or how about the BTK Killer and Jerry Sandusky as the spokespersons for heterosexuals!

Better yet, Eman and Tiffany Moss as the spokespersons for heterosexual parenting.

He's a moron, so he "argues" like one. It's pathetically sad really that people can be as stupid as imposter Earth Angel.

Location hidden

#50825 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL i am a parent. I'm well acquainted with the female anatomy, child birth, breastfeeding, raising a child, etc.
One can only imagine that you are as well versed in these things as you are in statistics, human sexuality,evolution and Wisconsin law. And by that I mean, not at all.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need advice on it let me know.
Thank you, but I don't need my children to turn out as uneducated as you are.

Location hidden

#50826 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a spokesperson in the gay community. So using her when discussing gay issues is very fair.
Just like Charles L Worley is the spokesperson for fundamentalist Christians. We'll use him when discussing you people any further.

Location hidden

#50827 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>.
I for one was totally happy with gays getting FULL BENEFITS with a civil union.
Civil unions NEVER granted the full benefits of marriage. Proving yet again how completely uneducated you are on this subject.
http://www.now.org/issues/marriage/marriage_u...
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>.
So don't think every christian hates gays we dont..
You fundamentalists only jumped on the civil unions bandwagon AFTER you realized that we weren't going to accept them since they weren't equal. You fought just as hard against them in the beginning as you do against our marriages now. That was a huge mistake on your part, because it only accelerated our marriages. In other words, your own tactics came back to bite you in your ass.....just as they always do.

Location hidden

#50828 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
A bigger point here is will they ALWAYS be allowed to refuse gays.
Look at how gays go after anyone or any organization that dares to refuse them. Gays certainly do not believe in turning the other cheek and going elsewhere.
I love it when you fundies try and pull this bit of bullshit!!! Nothing demonstrates your desperateness more!!! These scenerios ALL started with fundamentalists going after the gays by refusing their services. Had these business owners not felt they could discriminate, they would not be being sued BY THE STATES in which they reside.

And no, we won't be "turning our cheeks" to the discrimination of fundamentalists. We don't have to. We won't be sitting at the back of the bus, or using separate drinking fountains either. We're entitled to their services just like everyone else. If these business owners don't like state and federal laws, they need to close shop. So sorry you don't like that, but we don't like being discriminated against. We're equal citizens, in every way.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>.
I don't see anywhere that gays are saying they'll be ok with churches that refuse them. Show me a gay spokes person saying that.
Right after you show us the gay spokesperson who states they want to be married in a bigot church. Show us the gay spokesperson that has stated they want to spend one of their happiest days being married in a bigot church. Get right back to us on that. As always, we aren't required to defend anything until you can present the threat itself. Good luck with that piss ant.

Location hidden

#50829 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll learn in life the more things change the more they remain the same.
Oh look, the great and powerful Forrest Gump now thinks he's Yoda.

Location hidden

#50830 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the honesty i was curious as to how that works out with twins.
Demonstrating yet again how completely uneducated you are about anything being discussed. Twin studies on gays have been conducted for years.

Both as it relates to identical and fraternal twins.

http://www.worldpolicy.newschool.edu/wpi/glob...

Highest rates of shared sexual orientation among identical twins, with lower shared sexual orientation among non-identical twins. The biological correlation has already been established. There are also studies on siblings as well if you care to educate yourself. But we all know you aren't really interested in that.

Fundamentalists will instead try and tout that because there isn't a 100 percent match, that no biological basis has been established. Fundamentalists shill like yourself will also forget to mention that identical twins also don't have a 100 percent match on hundreds of other inate characteristics either, like handidness, eye color, hair patterns, teeth development, musical ability, etc., etc., etc. Because you hate truth.

Glad we could demonstrate again how stupid you are in this arena.

Location hidden

#50831 Feb 12, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#507572 hrs ago
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
You realize this is EXACTLY what they said before inter-racial marriage, don't you?
do you really want to go down that road ?
which group has the highest broken home ratio ?
which group has the highest crime stats ?
It seems to me that family values do count very much.
So lets keep this about gay marriage before we go down a different road none of us want to talk about honestly.
----------
No misquote. You asked.
It's not a road we don't want to talk about honestly, it's only a road YOU and your shill compadres don't want to go down honestly. The original statement stands as completely accurate. You folk use the "SKY IS FALLING" routine, because it's all you have. You have no facts or valid support for your preconceived prejudices.

Location hidden

#50832 Feb 12, 2014
My apologies Angel, just realized I responded to a post of yours that was actually a repost of imposter Earth Angels. My response was of course directed at his stupidity!

Location hidden

#50833 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
are you just trying to be this dense
here is what i was saying
do you really want to go down that road ?
NO I DONT WANT TO GO DOWN ROAD AND I WONT CASE CLOSE
TRANSLATION: "I WILL NOT GO DOWN ANY ROAD THAT I KNOW WILL NOT SUPPORT ME".

Still yelling I see. It's like watching a 5 year old temper tantrum!!(I know that's probably an insult to 5 year olds, so if there are any 5 year olds reading this, I apologize)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 219,776
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Grey Ghost 1,406,204
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Maverick 808 103,168
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 60,670
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 5 hr Not True 2
Frank Underwood Here: I Could Sure Use Some Hel... 6 hr Claire Underwood 9
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr Retired SOF 1,272

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages