Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,890

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Read more
relax

Hammond, IN

#50775 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll learn in life the more things change the more they remain the same.
my phone beeped with your reply and curiosity got to me....lol.... I've learned change is change it doesn't stay the same. Thankfully, or we would have slavery and a multiple of other things society does not need. If your stuck on the exact words of the bible lets please stick to the exact meaning of words. As far as telling me to limit what I say, it is america, we have freedom of speech. I can explain my views anyway i see fit, and i can use any example I see fit.You all have talked about all kinds of off topic stuff, lik e arguing over who posted more,or gay animals..... who cares....last time I checked goats weren't lobbying to get married. Don't tell me what I can and can not say. I will carry on an intellegent conversation wirh you with none of the low blows you spoke of. But the minute you try and tell me what i can say or do, then you become the biggot. I will never tell you what to say because I understand freedom of speech. God wasn't the most well thought of person at first, he spoke his views anyway he saw fit. So if your sticking to your guns with those views then don't try and tell me what to do. I've been very polite, I'm an adult, I don't play kid games.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#50776 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ask Angel or Dusty i'm not here to discuss race issues
i never said they are incapable of it.
maybe you should state your views on it and someone else will answer it for you
i dont discuss issues with those who insist on misquoting me with things i never said.
try someone else who plays that game
----------

Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#507572 hrs ago

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
You realize this is EXACTLY what they said before inter-racial marriage, don't you?

do you really want to go down that road ?
which group has the highest broken home ratio ?
which group has the highest crime stats ?
It seems to me that family values do count very much.
So lets keep this about gay marriage before we go down a different road none of us want to talk about honestly.

----------

No misquote. You asked.
relax

Hammond, IN

#50777 Feb 12, 2014
Back on topic..... As far as rather or not churches will be forced to except gay marriage, that's covered in the constition also.....
the freedom of religion so if your religion, your church decides not to except gay marriage that's their right. If another church decides to except it that's their right. Their constitional right.
relax

Hammond, IN

#50778 Feb 12, 2014
*Constitution
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50779 Feb 12, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#507572 hrs ago
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
You realize this is EXACTLY what they said before inter-racial marriage, don't you?
which group has the highest broken home ratio ?
which group has the highest crime stats ?
It seems to me that family values do count very much.
So lets keep this about gay marriage before we go down a different road none of us want to talk about honestly.
----------
No misquote. You asked.
are you just trying to be this dense
here is what i was saying

NO I DONT WANT TO GO DOWN ROAD AND I WONT CASE CLOSE
Angel

Aurora, CO

#50780 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
are you just trying to be this dense
here is what i was saying
NO I DONT WANT TO GO DOWN ROAD AND I WONT CASE CLOSE
You still asked.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50781 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
Back on topic..... As far as rather or not churches will be forced to except gay marriage, that's covered in the constition also.....
the freedom of religion so if your religion, your church decides not to except gay marriage that's their right. If another church decides to except it that's their right. Their constitional right.
About a few weeks ago i posted links on this subject please go back and look for them
i dont have the time today or i would
YES i do believe gays will challenge churches in court down the road.
Its what gays do.
its the gay agenda.( posted about it many times )
and they will win. The constitution will not stop them from suing in court. And churches cannot afford it. Contrary to popular belief not all churches are rich.
A lot of them barely get by. Donations are down and cost keep going up.
Churches will cave in to the gays because
1 ) they can't financially afford to fight them in court
2 ) they never win in court against gays No one wins against gays in court
3 ) churches will get blasted in the media and made to look like the bad guys for following their faith.
4 ) they'll lose members because who wants to get caught up in the middle of that fight.

so it really isn't an issue about the Constitution at all.
Told ya its complicated.
its a righteous battle but its a stacked deck against the church
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50782 Feb 12, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You still asked.
and DUSTY can answer if he wants
and here is how it would play out

1 ) Dusty no i dont want to talk about the effects of race
EA good neither do i

2 ) Dusty yes lets talk about race
EA no i was just trying to show you how talking about race expands to other issues So i'm not going to talk about it further.

as you YOU i said all along i'm not going there
maybe Dusty will but i wont
this is a gay thread not a race thread
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50783 Feb 12, 2014
typo should be
as for YOU
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50784 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
About a few weeks ago i posted links on this subject please go back and look for them
Its what gays do.
and they will win. The constitution will not stop them from suing in court. And churches cannot afford it. Contrary to popular belief not all churches are rich.
3 ) churches will get blasted in the media and made to look like the bad guys for following their faith.
4 ) they'll lose members because who wants to get caught up in the middle of that fight.
Told ya its complicated.
Are you retarded? The Constitution can and does prevent anyone from suing because a particular church will not allow marry them. It's entirely about the Constitution and the deck is not stacked against the church due to the 1st amendment. Goddamn you are dumb.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#50785 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
and DUSTY can answer if he wants
and here is how it would play out
1 ) Dusty no i dont want to talk about the effects of race
EA good neither do i
2 ) Dusty yes lets talk about race
EA no i was just trying to show you how talking about race expands to other issues So i'm not going to talk about it further.
as you YOU i said all along i'm not going there
maybe Dusty will but i wont
this is a gay thread not a race thread
Then don't ask next time, and you won't get an answer you don't like.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50786 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded? Goddamn you are dumb.
well since you feel that way about me then you'll be better off finding someone else you enjoy talking to.
it would be considerably cruel and evil of you to keep posting resentfully to someone you feel is mentally handicap.

BTW God does not condemn the mentally challenged. But he does condemn those who would bring harm to any of them. You might want to reconsider your words in the future.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50787 Feb 12, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't ask next time, and you won't get an answer you don't like.
i never asked you
the question was for Dusty
Angel

Aurora, CO

#50788 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i never asked you
the question was for Dusty
Then maybe you should be texting privately with dusty.
Forum. Anyone can reply.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#50789 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
well since you feel that way about me then you'll be better off finding someone else you enjoy talking to.
it would be considerably cruel and evil of you to keep posting resentfully to someone you feel is mentally handicap.
BTW God does not condemn the mentally challenged. But he does condemn those who would bring harm to any of them. You might want to reconsider your words in the future.
BTW. God is a fairy tale.

The lord is not my shepherd for I am not a dumb sheep.
relax

Hammond, IN

#50790 Feb 12, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its what gays do.
Told ya its complicated.
So what if they get blasted in the media, people and places get blasted all the time, sticks and stones kind if thing. Straights been blasting gays forever. The constitution does protect the freedom of religion, period. They would have to get the constitution changed. If that's what they want to try, its their right to do so. Do you believe in equlity? Now equality is equality, I'm a using equality as stated in the dictionary, its not "well we are equal because__________ but they're not because_________. Or do you believe in bigotry as the dictionary explains it? Its black and white, people can't be equal only when its convenient or what america is based on is a failure and nothing means anything any more. Look I'm not arguing just discussing differnt points of view. Trying to open people up to tolerance not acceptance, that's 2 different things.
relax

Hammond, IN

#50791 Feb 12, 2014
big·ot·ry /&#712;big&#601;tr &#275;/

noun bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. "the report reveals racism and right-wing bigotry"

that's the dedefinition I'm asking about
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50792 Feb 12, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>

The lord is not my shepherd for I am not a dumb sheep.
http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/doubl...
A double negative gives the sentence a positive sense.
gotta love what that now means to your sentence
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50793 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
<quoted text> So what if they get blasted in the media, people and places get blasted all the time, sticks and stones kind if thing. Straights been blasting gays forever. The constitution does protect the freedom of religion, period. They would have to get the constitution changed. If that's what they want to try, its their right to do so. Do you believe in equlity? Now equality is equality, I'm a using equality as stated in the dictionary, its not "well we are equal because__________ but they're not because_________. Or do you believe in bigotry as the dictionary explains it? Its black and white, people can't be equal only when its convenient or what america is based on is a failure and nothing means anything any more. Look I'm not arguing just discussing differnt points of view. Trying to open people up to tolerance not acceptance, that's 2 different things.
Hopefully neither of us are arguing.. I like to think we are discussing this like adults unlike some of the other posts i get.
Words have meaning and impact otherwise we wouldn't use them.
That is why there are laws governing free speech. Don't fool yourself there are laws governing free speech. So thinking words can always and should be ignore is wrong. Words can hurt a church's ability to draw new members. Slander can have a devastating impact on a person or an organization.
Change the constitution well Obama has trampled on it numerous times. In fairness so did Bush. The constitution has been challenged numerous times and been misinterpreted by the Supreme Court. And NO i won't go into to it. If you or Angel are interested in that do your own research.
Tolerance and acceptance is not always a good thing.Should you tolerate the guy next door beating his kids ? Should you accept except every illegal that enters the country ? I believe your heart is in the right place. But your answers are too simplistic. Life is complicated and there is no easy answer. Opening minds yes good idea just be ready for more then you bargain for.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50794 Feb 12, 2014
relax wrote:
big·ot·ry /&#712;big&#601;tr &#275;/
noun bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. "the report reveals racism and right-wing bigotry"
that's the dedefinition I'm asking about
what about left wing bigotry
or gay bigotry towards religion

i'm always suspicious when a question like yours is slanted towards only one side.
if that is your game like Angel you'll find i won't play it.

later maybe tonight but i got places to be today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,978
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,207,946
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min RACE 5,829
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min SpaceBlues 52,423
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr scirocco 69,322
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,161
News Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 7 hr OF Mom 24
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]