Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

relax

New Lenox, IL

#50731 Feb 11, 2014
About was MY views.
relax

New Lenox, IL

#50732 Feb 11, 2014
As far as the churches view on it, i don't care. The churches "view" does not nor will ever effect me. That's why i started with who cares what the bible says. If you do, that's great and you're right. How long ago was the bible written? Just like i don't read adds from 1970 for the price of milk, i don't read the bible on how to live in a world that just doesn't exist anymore. The bible was written way before that.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#50733 Feb 11, 2014
relax wrote:
It doesn't matter what the bible says about homosexuals. Times change and they are not going anywhere. I grew up in a small town100% White and too my knowledge 100%straight (but you never know). So i grew up pretty much in a racist environment, if you were different you weren't liked.
Then i grew up and got out in the world and realized there's a lot of different types of people. I may never understand it, but I'm sure there's people out there that don't understand me. If you don't like who someone is ignore them, its easy. I'm not like that anymore, i guess i grew up. The first time I spoke with a gay man Ill admit i was uncomfortable. But here's the deal, homosexuals are attracted to other homosexuals. They're not going to hit on me and if one did, so what, Ill politely explain I'm straight and go on with my day. We all breathe air, we are all human beings. I'm glad I'm smarter happier and better off for it. The hatred and bitterness is gone. The only reason it was there in the first place is because of the generations before me. I may not completly understand it, but no one is bothering me. The world changed, society changes. If you want to be stuck in the stone age that's your right, just like if a gay couple wants too marry it should be their right and will be in every state eventually. So you might as well get over it. You know what it doesn't effect my straightness, so why should it bother me. It only and i mean ONLY bothers people who are insecure with themselves. I should know because that was me at one time. Its in the upbringinging. Times change, things that used to seem right just don't fit in society anymore. The racist and insecure are the minorities now. Its time to grow up. If they want to marry, how is that going to hurt me? Ill tell you how......it won't.
You are gay and just can't admit it.
relax

New Lenox, IL

#50734 Feb 11, 2014
I didn't say "who cares" i said "it doesn't matter what the bible says". That's my view and that's my right

sorry for the miss print just wanted to make sure i got my view across.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#50735 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
So you think the bible's meanings are always wrong. Noted.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50736 Feb 11, 2014
relax wrote:
I didn't say "who cares" i said "it doesn't matter what the bible says". That's my view and that's my right
sorry for the miss print just wanted to make sure i got my view across.
you got your views across. And i wasn't bothered by the misprint at all. I've made my share of them. Sadly when i point out i made a misstep its usually blow out of proportion. I won't do that to you.
Just because people like myself have not come to the same conclusions you made does not mean we're stone age people. You would be surprised at the number of scholars, politicians, businessmen etc who are deeply religious.
We take our faith very serious but its ok if you don't follow a religious belief.
Many of us are actually ok with gays. Its the marriage part that bothers us because it goes against our religion. And it does effect us if it happens in our churches.
I for one was totally happy with gays getting FULL BENEFITS with a civil union.
So don't think every christian hates gays we dont. But there are plenty in here who would like to convince you of that. Its easier for them to take cheap insult shots at me then it would be to talk seriously on the issues.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50737 Feb 11, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
it took me a while to find that post. In the future if you're going back a ways please include the post number.
You took it completely of of context. It was part of a back and forth here are the full post numbers i suggest you read all of them
you'll see it was a back and forth on the meaning of LMFAO
i had always learned it to mean FAT i really did - i never heard of it being the other word
in any event the link you are refering to was meant to be understood as

Just Like The Gays Always Have Their Own Meaning Of The Bible So Too They Always Have Their Own Meaning For Things Like LMFAO And That They Are Always Wrong.

had i used the word WITH it would have read like this
just like WITH the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.

Anyway TRUTH seemed to understand what i meant for he never came to your conclusion.
It is what it is.
some really do think the F stands for a swear word - i personally don't
and that was what the exchange was about.
it was NOT about my views on the bible.
this is what happens when people take things out of context.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50738 Feb 11, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
btw that was written a day ago.
I've written plenty of stuff since then yet no comments on any of that ??
Also your term NOTED seems very dismissive.
Not very open minded are you ? Not even enough to ask before you NOTED it ?

its ok Christians are used to being taken out of context.
Especially by someone who wasn't even part of the conversation.

In the future if you want to discuss Christianity or the bible just say so.
But i'll tell you up front i don't do bible quotes.
it becomes a tit4tat game and i don't play games with my bible.
The bible should be read as a whole in order to really understand its messages.
Otherwise it gets taken out context . Sound familiar to ya.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#50739 Feb 11, 2014
relax wrote:
It doesn't matter what the bible says about homosexuals. Times change and they are not going anywhere. I grew up in a small town100% White and too my knowledge 100%straight (but you never know). So i grew up pretty much in a racist environment, if you were different you weren't liked.
Then i grew up and got out in the world and realized there's a lot of different types of people. I may never understand it, but I'm sure there's people out there that don't understand me. If you don't like who someone is ignore them, its easy. I'm not like that anymore, i guess i grew up. The first time I spoke with a gay man Ill admit i was uncomfortable. But here's the deal, homosexuals are attracted to other homosexuals. They're not going to hit on me and if one did, so what, Ill politely explain I'm straight and go on with my day. We all breathe air, we are all human beings. I'm glad I'm smarter happier and better off for it. The hatred and bitterness is gone. The only reason it was there in the first place is because of the generations before me. I may not completly understand it, but no one is bothering me. The world changed, society changes. If you want to be stuck in the stone age that's your right, just like if a gay couple wants too marry it should be their right and will be in every state eventually. So you might as well get over it. You know what it doesn't effect my straightness, so why should it bother me. It only and i mean ONLY bothers people who are insecure with themselves. I should know because that was me at one time. Its in the upbringinging. Times change, things that used to seem right just don't fit in society anymore. The racist and insecure are the minorities now. Its time to grow up. If they want to marry, how is that going to hurt me? Ill tell you how......it won't.
And the end of the story?

Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
relax

United States

#50740 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you got your views across. And i wasn't bothered by the misprint at all. I've made my share of them. Sadly when i point out i made a misstep its usually blow out of proportion. I won't do that to you.
Just because people like myself have not come to the same conclusions you made does not mean we're stone age people. You would be surprised at the number of scholars, politicians, businessmen etc who are deeply religious.k
We take our faith very serious but its ok if you don't follow a religious belief.
Many of us are actually ok with gays. Its the marriage part that bothers us because it goes against our religion. And it does effect us if it happens in our churches.
I for one was totally happy with gays getting FULL BENEFITS with a civil union.
So don't think every christian hates gays we dont. But there are plenty in here who would like to convince you of that. Its easier for them to take cheap insult shots at me then it would be to talk seriously on the issues.
I didn't say if i do or don't follow a religion, that's an assumption you made. As far as stoneage I'm refering to views that I believe is outdated. Such as a lot of things that are in the bible. Let's go ask my wife on her view of how the bible says something along the lines of a woman is to obey the man. You're going to have to ask her though. I'm going to the garage out of fear.....lol jk.... I'm going to make an assumption here, which i don't like doing, but i believe you're probably for women's rights. If a woman is to obey the man and she's with a man that doesn't believe in womens rights then she has none. That's why I believe the bible is outdated in todays world If you believe that god created everything then good created homosexuals, if god made gays then he must be ok with them. If he's ok with them why would he care if they marry?.women fought for women's rights and got them, homosexuals are going to get theirs too, its inevitable. Marriage in a church, there will be churches that don't allow it, maybe that will be your church. States that have legalized gay marriage also have churches that won't allow it. It's the churches choice .Find one that won't except it if your church chooses to do so. This is why I believe the bible is outdated in todays world. There's lots of other things that don't make sence in the bible anymore.

as far as people that take the cheap shots....ignore them, its easy. I've already had to ignore 1 after my 1st post. Cheap shots are also reserved for insecure people. Trust me, back it the day I was king of the cheap shots, but I grew up.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50741 Feb 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And the end of the story?
Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Odd, that's not what my federal tax return says.....
wow

Columbia, IL

#50742 Feb 11, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> the Bible, and Jesus, had nothing at all to say about loving same-sex relationships. All of the ancient texts refer to acts of abuse or temple idolatry and prostitution.
It's a moot point anyway, because I am legally married and there's not one damned thing that you can do about it. Furthermore, if you ask the federal government if my marriage is any different than KiMare's two snatch marriage, they'll tell you there's no difference.
Romans 1:26-32: For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a base mind and to improper conduct. They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them.

And there is also the historical record of decadent societies that have embraced homosexuality. Ancient Greek and ancient Rome both embraced the homosexual lifestyle that St. Paul condemns in Romans 1. Both of these societies bit the dust, and if we go along to get along with homosexual marriage, then our society will crater as well.“Men doing shameful things with men,” Paul says in Romans 1:27. For the record, homosexuals insert their sex organs into another homosexual’s anus or mouth, and ejaculate. God does not like the spilling of the male seed (Genesis 38:9-10). This in NO WAY equates to the marriage act between a man and a woman, where the natural course of things is to procreate the human race. In fact, homosexual activities have just the opposite effect of procreation, because of VD and AIDS which can cause death to the participants. Homosexual activity is definitely NOT the survival of the fittest.
wow

Columbia, IL

#50743 Feb 11, 2014
relax wrote:
The secular humanists among us don’t understand why anyone would invoke the teachings of the bible regarding homosexuality in the 21rst century. Notice how the date is always mentioned in this debate, as if to say that we are all enlightened now, and the superstitions and old wives’ tales of the bible are all passé.

“I’m smart because I think for myself, and you’re stupid because you believe the bible.” After all, people who believe what the bible teaches are out of step with the current realities of the modern world and the “enlightenment”. Be like us, say the secularists, and leave all of that bible nonsense to the middle ages. Then, you will be free to pursue your own self interests without any artificial constraints on your way of thinking. And that is a sure recipe for hell. The devil is only too happy for people to make up their own moral codes based on what they “feel” is right. 6 billion people on earth with 6 billion different moral codes – a demon’s delight.
relax

United States

#50744 Feb 11, 2014
I'm not for them getting married, I'm not against them getting married. Its their life let them choose. Like I said before, I don't personally understand it, but it is doing me nor anyone else any harm. The world is changing daily, what applies today may not apply years down the road. With all the REAL problems on earth, it amazes me that this is even an issue. Starving children, poverty, violence, chemical dependancy, terrorism, etc, those are real problems. These problems are the important ones. A baby was left for dead last winter along side the road in our area. I live in illinois , its freezing. It made a small article in the paper, maybe a 20 second clip on the news, but homosexual civil union/ marraige is on the news daily. Its kind of sad this is the world we live in. Almost kill a baby you get a foot note, 2 men get married and its front page news and a whole segment on the 9 o'clock news. Then the community is in an uproar. They're going to get their rights, its going to happen and you don't want to be where I once was. There's too many more important things in life and lifes way too short for the small issues that have been blown out of porportion.
wow

Columbia, IL

#50745 Feb 11, 2014
Relax..... why dont you see what this does to family values? Once family vlaues are tossed out the window the nation is in deep trouble.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#50746 Feb 11, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:26-32: For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a base mind and to improper conduct. They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them.
And there is also the historical record of decadent societies that have embraced homosexuality. Ancient Greek and ancient Rome both embraced the homosexual lifestyle that St. Paul condemns in Romans 1. Both of these societies bit the dust, and if we go along to get along with homosexual marriage, then our society will crater as well.“Men doing shameful things with men,” Paul says in Romans 1:27. For the record, homosexuals insert their sex organs into another homosexual’s anus or mouth, and ejaculate. God does not like the spilling of the male seed (Genesis 38:9-10). This in NO WAY equates to the marriage act between a man and a woman, where the natural course of things is to procreate the human race. In fact, homosexual activities have just the opposite effect of procreation, because of VD and AIDS which can cause death to the participants. Homosexual activity is definitely NOT the survival of the fittest.
And yet your text says nothing at all about loving same-sex relationships. Nothing.

As for spilling seed (Onanism), you've never jacked off? Seriously. You've never rubbed one out? If you have, even once, then get off my a$$, bigot.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#50747 Feb 11, 2014
wow wrote:
Relax..... why dont you see what this does to family values? Once family vlaues are tossed out the window the nation is in deep trouble.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

You realize this is EXACTLY what they said before inter-racial marriage, don't you?
relax

United States

#50748 Feb 11, 2014
wow wrote:
It doesn't hurt my family or its values. I did more damage being filled with hate and bigotry then 2 men getting married could ever do. Thankfully it was way before my children were born. Thankfully i grew up and learned to let people live their own lives in peace the way they want to. Its more valuable to teach my children peace and to let people live they're own lives, just like they will have the right to live their own lives as they get older.
j wilkinson

Brighton, MO

#50749 Feb 11, 2014
I had my first gay experience as a young curious man with a guy that lived a few blocks away from me(dennis v aka bubba) was a hot young man and i don't think it's up to anyone to be able to judge me for what i like without giving me an opportunity to sue you for discrimination
relax

United States

#50750 Feb 11, 2014
Nobody is going to tell me how to live. What gives me the right to tell someone else. I used to think I had that right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min leosnana 1,460,079
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Into The Night 62,353
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min RACE 104,553
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ChromiuMan 7,948
Are democrats destroyed? 1 hr FAILED-PLAN-DEMS 12
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 1 hr Called Rahm RED 21
News 700 are dead and Chicago is out of control 1 hr red dawn 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages