Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 20 comments on the Nov 30, 2010, CBS2 story titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Granite City, IL

#50642 Feb 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I love this passage about the place of wisdom with God;
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NASB)
22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
23 "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
24 "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water.
25 "Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth;
26 While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world.
27 "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed,
29 When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
30 Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men.
I prefer the parts about how to sell your daughter, how to execute your slaves, how wearing underwear with an elastic waistband is the same as homosexuality and the part about executing anyone who is not a virgin when they married.

Oh yeah, also God's prohibition against divorce.
Ace

Christopher, IL

#50643 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
At the end of days there will be many false apostles. Even the subject of gay marriage just proves mankind is nearing the end of days.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50644 Feb 10, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Every fundamentalist Christian's favorite statements!!! "It's the beginning of the end"!!!!!! They've been shouting this from the hills since the dawn of their cult!!!!!
Women voting.....it's the beginning of the end!!!
Bar codes.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!
Integrated ARMY....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!!
Integrated schools.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!
Interacial marriages......it's the beginning of the end!!!!!
Men wearing earrings.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!!
Teaching real science rather than myths of the bible.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!
It's all the beginning of the end!!!!!!!
You people are ridiculous!!!
This needed to be quoted for Ace's benefit. These fundies are so dumb.
R U Stupid

Brazil, IN

#50645 Feb 10, 2014
Question????.....A Mizzou football player states he is gay and now wants to play in the NFL. This is breaking news? Now that is "STUPID!" If a gay alien can stuff 15 oranges in his/her mouth at one time, now that is what I call breaking news! Let this alien have his/her 15 minutes of fame and then go back in the closet! He/she are getting more "STUPID" by the minute. Anything less than that is just plain "STUPID!"
truth

Granite City, IL

#50646 Feb 10, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
Question????.....A Mizzou football player states he is gay and now wants to play in the NFL. This is breaking news? Now that is "STUPID!" If a gay alien can stuff 15 oranges in his/her mouth at one time, now that is what I call breaking news! Let this alien have his/her 15 minutes of fame and then go back in the closet! He/she are getting more "STUPID" by the minute. Anything less than that is just plain "STUPID!"
More like an All American football player who WILL be drafted into the NFL has come out as gay, which will make him the first openly gay NFL player. Regardless of whether you want to deal with it or not, that's news. Don't like it? Tough cookies. That gay guy is more popular than you, richer than you, better looking than you and will have a job that you've only dreamed about.
R U Stupid

Brazil, IN

#50647 Feb 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
More like an All American football player who WILL be drafted into the NFL has come out as gay, which will make him the first openly gay NFL player. Regardless of whether you want to deal with it or not, that's news. Don't like it? Tough cookies. That gay guy is more popular than you, richer than you, better looking than you and will have a job that you've only dreamed about.
.... Hey truth....you are so "STUPID!"...Why don't you go back in your STUPID closet and get on your knees and seek the real truth! Boy oh boy, you are "STUPIDIER" than anyone thought! I bet you like to play center in football.....yikesssssss
truth

Granite City, IL

#50648 Feb 10, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>.... Hey truth....you are so "STUPID!"...Why don't you go back in your STUPID closet and get on your knees and seek the real truth! Boy oh boy, you are "STUPIDIER" than anyone thought! I bet you like to play center in football.....yikesssssss
So you're a teenager?
R U Stupid

Brazil, IN

#50649 Feb 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a teenager?
.....R U that STUPID?
wow

Waterloo, IL

#50653 Feb 10, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a marriage. That's not watered down verbiage; it's reality.
God blessed my marriage in a religious ceremony. God didn't say that my spouse needed a vagina.
The federal government recognized my marriage, though they need not recognize Holy Matrimony.
The lbible cleary states Marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN. You sound like a total fool trying to take the bible out of context. NOWHERE does the bible promote homosexuality. It does however, make it clear that homosexuality is a sin. I dont care what your lifestyle is. We are all sinners but Im not going to sit idle and pretend I do not see what homosexual 'marriage' does to family values. God also said "be fruitful and multiply". That is not even possible in your situation. I realize you would sit here endlessly and argue your point even though there's no substance behind your argument. You simply have to dismiss the bible and decide youre going to live in sin. The reality of it is it's your problem, no one elses other than the fact that gay 'marriages' are destructive to family values. I also have to ask, do you have a job or are you 'on thetake'? You obviously spend lots of time on here.
well

Round Lake, IL

#50654 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you're post is still about so yes you too are under my power
you must post to me or about me.
Go get some help Forrest!
Run Forrest....run!

Definition
By Mayo Clinic Staff

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.

Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy.
Flintsone

Brazil, IN

#50655 Feb 10, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
The lbible cleary states Marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN. You sound like a total fool trying to take the bible out of context. NOWHERE does the bible promote homosexuality. It does however, make it clear that homosexuality is a sin. I dont care what your lifestyle is. We are all sinners but Im not going to sit idle and pretend I do not see what homosexual 'marriage' does to family values. God also said "be fruitful and multiply". That is not even possible in your situation. I realize you would sit here endlessly and argue your point even though there's no substance behind your argument. You simply have to dismiss the bible and decide youre going to live in sin. The reality of it is it's your problem, no one elses other than the fact that gay 'marriages' are destructive to family values. I also have to ask, do you have a job or are you 'on thetake'? You obviously spend lots of time on here.
....Hey Wow,...you make a truthful and terrific point. All homosexuals are doomed for Hell if they do not change their ways! Also, take a good look at 'MAN/GINA's" name! Hmmm? Stand your ground against all homosexuals and say enough is enough of their homosexual news media blitz propaganda! All homosexuals are fools! Oh yeah, one last thing to say; 'Yabba Dabba Doo"..........Wilma...... ..

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50656 Feb 10, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
'

So far as the government is concerned, marriage is a civil event.
The Bible, or belief in it, isn't required. You reply is insulting to all Americans who aren't Christians.

You do realize that there are more ways to be fruitful than to squeeze a living being through your pelvis, right?

Legally, can you invalidate my marriage?
Doomsday

Brazil, IN

#50657 Feb 10, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>'
So far as the government is concerned, marriage is a civil event.
The Bible, or belief in it, isn't required. You reply is insulting to all Americans who aren't Christians.
You do realize that there are more ways to be fruitful than to squeeze a living being through your pelvis, right?
Legally, can you invalidate my marriage?
.....I do not recognize homosexual marriages nor will I ever! If the homosexuals think that they are doing a fine job for a media blitz to change everyone on this planet Earth to becoming all homosexuals, they have not seen anything yet! The day will come when someone with higher authority will condemn all homosexuals to Hell.....so please change your ways and avoid from going thru the gates of Hell. Of course, remaining as a foolish homosexual is not going to matter!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#50658 Feb 11, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer the parts about how to sell your daughter, how to execute your slaves, how wearing underwear with an elastic waistband is the same as homosexuality and the part about executing anyone who is not a virgin when they married.
Oh yeah, also God's prohibition against divorce.
Of course you ignore the parts that conflict with your bigotry. That leaves you with ignorance and distortion about the parts you don't understand.

Our legal system is based on the Judeo/Christian ethic.

The Laws requiring Jews to distinguish themselves has established them as a culture through the centuries.

And you prefer the human trafficking of women and girls we see today.

Any other examples of your stupidity you want to expose?

Smile.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50659 Feb 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you ignore the parts that conflict with your bigotry. That leaves you with ignorance and distortion about the parts you don't understand.
The Laws requiring Jews to distinguish themselves has established them as a culture through the centuries.
Smile.
Bullspit. Our laws are based on Greek democracy, the Roman Republic, and the principles of the French Enlightment. You're clueless.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50660 Feb 11, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post
i like the part about gay marriage is destructive to family values. There is no way gays make good parents.
Take Rosie O'Donnell her son REJECTS her views and joined the military and she bashes him for it on TV. And the gays jump up and down supporting her and acting like she and him have a great relationship.
What is great is he rejects her life choices and joined the military.
She has no family values. Gays never do. Its always about THEM and their gay life.
Glad he did the smart thing and reject it and found a real family in the military.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50661 Feb 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
the gays will always cherry pick the bible. Its the game they play using the bible in ways it was never intended. I won't play their bible game.
The bible was written to be used as a whole. Its messages is reveled as a whole.
If Jesus was to point out ALL the points of the bible there would be two books. There was no need for him to validate every single line of the bible. By validating some of it he validated all of it.
Loved you point that he never said homosexuality was ok. Some times what is not said is just as important as what is said. Jesus was very clear about the way to heaven. And being gay was not in there. Jesus never endorsed being gay. And had he been asked about it he most definitely would not have endorsed being gay.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#50662 Feb 11, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullspit. Our laws are based on Greek democracy, the Roman Republic, and the principles of the French Enlightment. You're clueless.
BS back at you.
Christianity is found all over in the writings of our founding fathers. Its on our money, politicians have always been sworn in on a bible, federal buildings have it on their walls, our congress opens each session with a prayer, etc.
Yes our founding father did not want a pope or a church of any kind dictating our laws. But God was still very much in their hearts and minds.
They wanted very much to make crystal clear to guys like you that religion still had its place in people lives. That people were still free to openly practice their religion.
They did that because they too were religious people. Religion was their guiding light not the governments of other countries. Many laws will be similar but that wasn't their inspiration.
The commandments of the bible were their inspiration. God allowing FREE WILL was their inspiration.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50663 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
the gays will always cherry pick the bible. Its the game they play using the bible in ways it was never intended. I won't play their bible game.
I've merely pointed out that the Bible never condemns same-sex loving relationships. It doesn't. Not in one chapter, or verse.

I'm still legally married, and our country is still not a Theocracy.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50664 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post
i like the part about gay marriage is destructive to family values. There is no way gays make good parents.
Take Rosie O'Donnell her son REJECTS her views and joined the military and she bashes him for it on TV. And the gays jump up and down supporting her and acting like she and him have a great relationship.
What is great is he rejects her life choices and joined the military.
She has no family values. Gays never do. Its always about THEM and their gay life.
Glad he did the smart thing and reject it and found a real family in the military.
You're cherry picking. You take one example and try to generalize it to every family. Nice try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min texas pete 5,906
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Guru 187,303
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,220,110
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min ritedownthemiddle 52,848
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,685
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 7 hr Kuuipo 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]