Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52048 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50706 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Rosie O'Donnell is a great choice to use.
She is a spokesperson in the gay community. So using her when discussing gay issues is very fair.
AGAIN i did not misrepresent her in any way. I did not talk about her career, her comedy, her looks, etc.
I played it very fair and talked about her being a gay parent.
She herself brought the issue up so its totally fair game.
You're just mad because i made a valid point. But i was fair in doing it.
A lot fairer then you have been towards me.
Look, nitwit. I love me some Rosie O'Donnell, and she would b e the first to tell you that she speaks for herself.

Using the 'hasty generalization" fallacy makes you appear uneducated and stupid.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50707 Feb 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is, people who respect the Buybull as "god's word" are near unanimously delusional and dim-witted.
i think you meant to say the people who can't spell the word bible are unanimously delusional and dim-witted.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50708 Feb 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonathan and David....... geez.
sshhhh don't mention yours and Dusty's real names
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50709 Feb 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I love me some Rosie O'Donnell,
nuff said right there about you
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50710 Feb 11, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from you....I've successfully managed on my own thanks.
not really you have a tendency to swear a lot and that could be bad when raising kids.
you need to learn self control.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50711 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you meant to say the people who can't spell the word bible are unanimously delusional and dim-witted.
Really? What a lame dodge.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50712 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
sshhhh don't mention yours and Dusty's real names
Yep..... David and Jonathan.... joke all you want. You know it's true and that's why you are dodging.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50713 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nuff said right there about you
Really? Could you be a tiny bit envious of her success? Nah..... you are prouder of your stupidity.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#50714 Feb 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What a lame dodge.
Well it is very silly. "buy bull" is hardly witty. buy bullsh!t. ha ha so funny and mature.

Just put on your big boy panties and spell it correctly, it will maybe give you a modicum of credibility. Maybe. You need all the help you can get.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50716 Feb 11, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh fck off!! I don't swear in front of my kids. DO NOT tell me how to raise MY kids ! You've cross the line.
What have you taught yours? To be judgemental and bigoted? You are NOTHING !
really ? how do you know they don't read this ?
if you would swear in here where its totally not necessary its easy to see where you would swear in real life stressful situations.
Trust me kids see stress in parents and they watch very closely how you handle it.
you really lack self control.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#50717 Feb 11, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying, Greg, but we've come expect that of you
Ancient texts refer acts of abuse, not acts of love. Whether or not our ancestors even had a concept of SS love is a matter of speculation.
The Bible has over 600 rules for heterosexuals and none for gays.
I think God was more pleased with us, frankly.
Yours is clearly a very minority opinion.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#50718 Feb 11, 2014
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning exposing homosexuality as a sexual defect.
relax

New Lenox, IL

#50719 Feb 11, 2014
It doesn't matter what the bible says about homosexuals. Times change and they are not going anywhere. I grew up in a small town100% White and too my knowledge 100%straight (but you never know). So i grew up pretty much in a racist environment, if you were different you weren't liked.

Then i grew up and got out in the world and realized there's a lot of different types of people. I may never understand it, but I'm sure there's people out there that don't understand me. If you don't like who someone is ignore them, its easy. I'm not like that anymore, i guess i grew up. The first time I spoke with a gay man Ill admit i was uncomfortable. But here's the deal, homosexuals are attracted to other homosexuals. They're not going to hit on me and if one did, so what, Ill politely explain I'm straight and go on with my day. We all breathe air, we are all human beings. I'm glad I'm smarter happier and better off for it. The hatred and bitterness is gone. The only reason it was there in the first place is because of the generations before me. I may not completly understand it, but no one is bothering me. The world changed, society changes. If you want to be stuck in the stone age that's your right, just like if a gay couple wants too marry it should be their right and will be in every state eventually. So you might as well get over it. You know what it doesn't effect my straightness, so why should it bother me. It only and i mean ONLY bothers people who are insecure with themselves. I should know because that was me at one time. Its in the upbringinging. Times change, things that used to seem right just don't fit in society anymore. The racist and insecure are the minorities now. Its time to grow up. If they want to marry, how is that going to hurt me? Ill tell you how......it won't.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50720 Feb 11, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously you're a twin ?
Honest question no joke intended here . Is he gay too ?
Yes, yes. Two older brothers, no. Younger sister, no.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50721 Feb 11, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes. Two older brothers, no. Younger sister, no.
thanks for the honesty i was curious as to how that works out with twins.
known several sets of twins in my lifetime but none were gay.
but all were in tune with each other for lack of a better expression. I'm sure you know what i mean.
i was curious if being gay was something they share or not share.
anyway thanks and true to my word i won't make anything of it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50723 Feb 11, 2014
relax wrote:
It doesn't matter what the bible says about homosexuals. Times change and they are not going anywhere. I grew up in a small town100% White and too my knowledge 100%straight (but you never know). So i grew up pretty much in a racist environment, if you were different you weren't liked.
Then i grew up and got out in the world and realized there's a lot of different types of people. I may never understand it, but I'm sure there's people out there that don't understand me. If you don't like who someone is ignore them, its easy. I'm not like that anymore, i guess i grew up. The first time I spoke with a gay man Ill admit i was uncomfortable. But here's the deal, homosexuals are attracted to other homosexuals. They're not going to hit on me and if one did, so what, Ill politely explain I'm straight and go on with my day. We all breathe air, we are all human beings. I'm glad I'm smarter happier and better off for it. The hatred and bitterness is gone. The only reason it was there in the first place is because of the generations before me. I may not completly understand it, but no one is bothering me. The world changed, society changes. If you want to be stuck in the stone age that's your right, just like if a gay couple wants too marry it should be their right and will be in every state eventually. So you might as well get over it. You know what it doesn't effect my straightness, so why should it bother me. It only and i mean ONLY bothers people who are insecure with themselves. I should know because that was me at one time. Its in the upbringinging. Times change, things that used to seem right just don't fit in society anymore. The racist and insecure are the minorities now. Its time to grow up. If they want to marry, how is that going to hurt me? Ill tell you how......it won't.
if only life was that simple. But its not.
This is a very complex issue. I recommend you read some of the SERIOUS post on here and do some serious research on such topics as the Church views of homosexuality , The Church views on marriage ( ANY marriage ), gays views on benefit rights, civil unions, etc.
Just because you have no issue it doesn't mean we all feel that way. I look forward to any poster who posts with respect, curiosity. friendliness, and an opinion without any hate.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50724 Feb 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is clearly a very minority opinion.
Smile.
If yours is the majority "opinion", does that necessarily make it "right"?

No matter, it's just an "opinion".
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50725 Feb 11, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
If yours is the majority "opinion", does that necessarily make it "right"?
No matter, it's just an "opinion".
usually majority does rule. Voting should matter.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50727 Feb 11, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about me so don't even assume you do.
i've seen plenty of swearing from you.
So yeah i do know that much about you.
Its not a feature you should brag about. Or assume no one sees it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50728 Feb 11, 2014
rabnew wrote:

Adios Amigos....
bye bye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Zonker 1,710,235
Why does America tolerate nazis? 30 min Lulz 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Intrepid Surfer 11,980
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr FIDDLE FARTS 64,481
Trump is A 3 hr Maverick 808 482
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 3 hr USA FAR FROM WORST 9
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 3 hr GOOD SHOW 21

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages