Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52051 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Granite City, IL

#50630 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem gays have is they think science and Christians don't mix.
They couldn't be more wrong.
Science has proven the bible many times from historical sites to historical events.
And science just like they did with cloning will eventually find what makes a person gay.
when they do that they'll give expecting parents a choice.
No one is going to choose having a gay baby.
So science is not on the gays side of things. They just wish it was.
Science? Do you mean history?

And it hasn't proven anything except that some of places mentioned in the Bible do exist. It certainly hasn't proven the existence of a god. It has, however, directly contradicted much of what was written in that book of mythology.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50631 Feb 10, 2014
well wrote:
I'm sorry, I can't post any replies today...I am kind of speechless. Laughing so hard at Forrest Gump/Earth Anals posts, I'm crying.
His idiocy not only astounds....it abounds!
Have fun every one, I'm out..
~runs from thread laughing~
LOL you're post is still about so yes you too are under my power
you must post to me or about me.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50632 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL what kind of nonsense is that ?
they're not gay but they do gay sex ?
Sorry to inform you but when you go gay you're gay period.
you dont stop being hetero just because the opposite sex is lacking at the moment.
Are you retarded? What do you think happens in prisons every day?
truth

Granite City, IL

#50633 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
more bad language you certainly are no Christian
Neither are you. You are a Satanist. It is obvious that you are here doing his work like a diligent little boy.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50634 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
they weren't looking for any kind of a cure when they clone a sheep.
scientist look to do what has never been done before.
if they can find out how to eliminate gay in a baby they'll do it.
when they came up with cloning they didn't care that politicians and others said NO dont do it.
so they wont care what you think or even i think.
they'll just do it
You need to read Kinsey. You sound like a blithering moron.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50635 Feb 10, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that shorthand gives you right of way? You've been seen on here using LMFAO....What do u think the 'F' stands for?
Not that it's any of your business but I don't swear in front of my kids......so if you want to bring in my parents AND my children then do it. I also have a rabbit, rat, mice, 26 aunts and uncles and 63 cousins.....knock yourself out...PLEEEAAASE!
the F stands for FAT

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#50636 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem gays have is they think science and Christians don't mix.
They couldn't be more wrong.
Science has proven the bible many times from historical sites to historical events.
And science just like they did with cloning will eventually find what makes a person gay.
when they do that they'll give expecting parents a choice.
No one is going to choose having a gay baby.
So science is not on the gays side of things. They just wish it was.
Exactly. I love this passage about the place of wisdom with God;

Proverbs 8:22-31 (NASB)
22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
23 "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
24 "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water.
25 "Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth;
26 While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world.
27 "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed,
29 When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
30 Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50637 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
the F stands for FAT
Nope. That's not what it stands for at all. Just when I think you couldn't be any more stupid, you go and pull something like this.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50638 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you're post is still about so yes you too are under my power
you must post to me or about me.
Under your power? That's like saying the cat is under the mouses power because the cat just won't stop torturing the mouse.

The gays have much more power than you. You live in a state that allows gay marriage, so you are under their power. Deal with it.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50640 Feb 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That's not what it stands for at all. Just when I think you couldn't be any more stupid, you go and pull something like this.
just like the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50641 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
Nope. Once again you swear that down is up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
truth

Granite City, IL

#50642 Feb 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I love this passage about the place of wisdom with God;
Proverbs 8:22-31 (NASB)
22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
23 "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
24 "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water.
25 "Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth;
26 While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world.
27 "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed,
29 When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
30 Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men.
I prefer the parts about how to sell your daughter, how to execute your slaves, how wearing underwear with an elastic waistband is the same as homosexuality and the part about executing anyone who is not a virgin when they married.

Oh yeah, also God's prohibition against divorce.
Ace

Benton, IL

#50643 Feb 10, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
just like the bible gays always have their own meaning which is always wrong.
At the end of days there will be many false apostles. Even the subject of gay marriage just proves mankind is nearing the end of days.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50644 Feb 10, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Every fundamentalist Christian's favorite statements!!! "It's the beginning of the end"!!!!!! They've been shouting this from the hills since the dawn of their cult!!!!!
Women voting.....it's the beginning of the end!!!
Bar codes.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!
Integrated ARMY....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!!
Integrated schools.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!
Interacial marriages......it's the beginning of the end!!!!!
Men wearing earrings.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!!!
Teaching real science rather than myths of the bible.....it's the beginning of the end!!!!
It's all the beginning of the end!!!!!!!
You people are ridiculous!!!
This needed to be quoted for Ace's benefit. These fundies are so dumb.
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#50645 Feb 10, 2014
Question????.....A Mizzou football player states he is gay and now wants to play in the NFL. This is breaking news? Now that is "STUPID!" If a gay alien can stuff 15 oranges in his/her mouth at one time, now that is what I call breaking news! Let this alien have his/her 15 minutes of fame and then go back in the closet! He/she are getting more "STUPID" by the minute. Anything less than that is just plain "STUPID!"
truth

Granite City, IL

#50646 Feb 10, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
Question????.....A Mizzou football player states he is gay and now wants to play in the NFL. This is breaking news? Now that is "STUPID!" If a gay alien can stuff 15 oranges in his/her mouth at one time, now that is what I call breaking news! Let this alien have his/her 15 minutes of fame and then go back in the closet! He/she are getting more "STUPID" by the minute. Anything less than that is just plain "STUPID!"
More like an All American football player who WILL be drafted into the NFL has come out as gay, which will make him the first openly gay NFL player. Regardless of whether you want to deal with it or not, that's news. Don't like it? Tough cookies. That gay guy is more popular than you, richer than you, better looking than you and will have a job that you've only dreamed about.
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#50647 Feb 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
More like an All American football player who WILL be drafted into the NFL has come out as gay, which will make him the first openly gay NFL player. Regardless of whether you want to deal with it or not, that's news. Don't like it? Tough cookies. That gay guy is more popular than you, richer than you, better looking than you and will have a job that you've only dreamed about.
.... Hey truth....you are so "STUPID!"...Why don't you go back in your STUPID closet and get on your knees and seek the real truth! Boy oh boy, you are "STUPIDIER" than anyone thought! I bet you like to play center in football.....yikesssssss
truth

Granite City, IL

#50648 Feb 10, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>.... Hey truth....you are so "STUPID!"...Why don't you go back in your STUPID closet and get on your knees and seek the real truth! Boy oh boy, you are "STUPIDIER" than anyone thought! I bet you like to play center in football.....yikesssssss
So you're a teenager?
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#50649 Feb 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a teenager?
.....R U that STUPID?
wow

Columbia, IL

#50653 Feb 10, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a marriage. That's not watered down verbiage; it's reality.
God blessed my marriage in a religious ceremony. God didn't say that my spouse needed a vagina.
The federal government recognized my marriage, though they need not recognize Holy Matrimony.
The lbible cleary states Marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN. You sound like a total fool trying to take the bible out of context. NOWHERE does the bible promote homosexuality. It does however, make it clear that homosexuality is a sin. I dont care what your lifestyle is. We are all sinners but Im not going to sit idle and pretend I do not see what homosexual 'marriage' does to family values. God also said "be fruitful and multiply". That is not even possible in your situation. I realize you would sit here endlessly and argue your point even though there's no substance behind your argument. You simply have to dismiss the bible and decide youre going to live in sin. The reality of it is it's your problem, no one elses other than the fact that gay 'marriages' are destructive to family values. I also have to ask, do you have a job or are you 'on thetake'? You obviously spend lots of time on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,603,038
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Joe Balls 242,623
Whatever became of Vida? 1 hr She in AREA 10
Coffee with Jesus. 1 hr Ooftus Goofus 10
Anne Coulter's X Boyfriend. 2 hr Brilliant Guy 3
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 2 hr Such Good Boyz 5
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Dont Deny History 32

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages