Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52049 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

biscuits

Metropolis, IL

#50204 Feb 6, 2014
Gravy on toast
chapel of love

Metropolis, IL

#50205 Feb 6, 2014
Pray for all of us

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#50206 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
God when he made Adam and Eve
You realize that is a fictional story, right? And that women didn't come from a guy's rib?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50207 Feb 6, 2014
gays are ruining the Olympics .
the whole idea is for EVERYONE to put aside their politician agendas
and come together as athletes.
To represent your country and compete in your sport against other counties.
The gay agenda should NOT be part of this at all.
While in another country we need to recognize their laws and their restrictions.
Gays always think its about them.
Try this

Westville, IL

#50208 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
God's design and creation of Adam and Eve was so perfect it led to the population of the world.
Gays can't match that. All they can do is try and insult it.
And look silly doing that.
Anyone who has ever seen the birth of a child has seen the beauty of God's design.
If you think Adam and Eve populated the earth then that would mean that parents and brothers and sisters mated to have off spring. Not only is this genetically ill advised...I don't think incest is look upon highly in the bible(if it is then you can ponder on how appropriate that is). For a small experiment you can buy a male and female dog...breed them for a few generations and see how well that works for you...

I'm not arguing for or against anything...just pointing out my observations on the Adam and Eve stuff...I can tell you right now before you start to rant I don't really give a shit either way, so i'll save you the time and energy. If you do try the dog experiment ...let us know the results...
The Bible tells me

Paris, IL

#50209 Feb 6, 2014
according to the bible the earth has been populated twice using incest - adam/eve and noah and his wife - so apparrently god is ok with incest. God is also apparrently ok with killing people, because he kills alot of people in the bible(ie. noah, sodam/gommora sp?)
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50210 Feb 6, 2014
Try this wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Adam and Eve populated the earth then that would mean that parents and brothers and sisters mated to have off spring. Not only is this genetically ill advised...I don't think incest is look upon highly in the bible(if it is then you can ponder on how appropriate that is). For a small experiment you can buy a male and female dog...breed them for a few generations and see how well that works for you...
I'm not arguing for or against anything...just pointing out my observations on the Adam and Eve stuff...I can tell you right now before you start to rant I don't really give a shit either way, so i'll save you the time and energy. If you do try the dog experiment ...let us know the results...
you equate humans with dogs and you expect to be taken seriously ?
Sorry to disappoint you but i don't rant.
You have a nice day and pay attention next year when you get into your high school biology class.
The Bible tells me

Paris, IL

#50211 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nice day and pay attention next year when you get into your high school biology class.
so you're not denying the incest?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50212 Feb 6, 2014
The Bible tells me wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're not denying the incest?
that is a BS question.
what you're trying to do is make a point that somehow its acceptable
and that is just asinine on your part. I wont play that game.
and i stated that more then once go back and look it up.
Toupee

Wheeling, IL

#50214 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious??? There have been medications and surgical products and genetic techniques for humans that were tested first on smaller mammals like dogs, with mice and rats being used very often. They were used because of the inherent similarities to human. So the analogy with the dogs and genetic effects in humans is applicable, especially when it involved inter-family breeding. You may not rant, per se, but you offer insults to simple observations. Its probably done from ignorace and fear of the unknown. my advice for you would be to open your ears eyes and mind before you open your mouth. Thank goodness, humans do have a select population that are able to think with openness and eagerness to learn.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50215 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
wake me up when the gays start actually posting something on their own instead of just responding to our posts.
Something without a cheap insult in it.
Something worth talking about.
Gay couples can legally marry in Illinois June 1.

nah nah na nah nah
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50216 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
gays are ruining the Olympics .
the whole idea is for EVERYONE to put aside their politician agendas
and come together as athletes.
To represent your country and compete in your sport against other counties.
The gay agenda should NOT be part of this at all.
While in another country we need to recognize their laws and their restrictions.
Gays always think its about them.
Why your obsession with gays? You blame us for everything.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50217 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
God's design and creation of Adam and Eve was so perfect it led to the population of the world.
Gays can't match that. All they can do is try and insult it.
Anyone who has ever seen the birth of a child has seen the beauty of God's design.
Do you have ANY idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Go BUY a clue..........
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50219 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
no because here is the different
1 ) i post to a lot of other posters
2 ) i post on my own without just replying to others
she on the other hand
1 ) with rare exception posts only to me
2 ) has never posted on her own without replying to anyone
she like most gays on here are just a reactionary posters. Like them she has no original ideas
i'm surprised that you don't even notice the difference between a lemming and an original poster.
Like me or not at least i'm original.
I do post on my own with my own views. I dont need to echo the hate that others post.
Oh puh-leez! You.... original? ROTFLMAO@U

You think we've never heard the calumny you post before???
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#50220 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i think he did.
while i don't approve of his spam like style at all i do think he is right on the points he is making.
1 ) AIDS is a death sentence. Which medical science has increase the life of those with AIDS they still will die of it. So it is still a death sentence.
2 ) Anal sex is just plain wrong medically. You body was not designed for that kind of sex.
In fact your body was designed for hetero sex. That is the perfect fit.
Those were the basic two points he was making and he is right on those points.
But i do disagree with the spam part.
Now how come none of you ever disagree with another gay ?
And don't give me this nonsense all of you are right.
I've seen plenty of spam, insults, impersonations, and swear words from gays.
And not one of you has ever said it was wrong..
its wrong for both sides.
1. Not true
2. Not true

Would you care to try for strike three?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#50221 Feb 6, 2014
Try this wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalists believe that Eve pumped out babies for hundreds of years. Unlike modern women, her egg supply was infinite!!!!!!

Location hidden

#50223 Feb 6, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Not true
2. Not true
Would you care to try for strike three?
It's hilarious how uneducated the imposter Earth Angel is!!! And yet he thinks he knows it all!!! He's like a 5 year old!!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50224 Feb 6, 2014
Toupee wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious??? There have been medications and surgical products and genetic techniques for humans that were tested first on smaller mammals like dogs, with mice and rats being used very often. They were used because of the inherent similarities to human. So the analogy with the dogs and genetic effects in humans is applicable, especially when it involved inter-family breeding. You may not rant, per se, but you offer insults to simple observations. Its probably done from ignorace and fear of the unknown. my advice for you would be to open your ears eyes and mind before you open your mouth. Thank goodness, humans do have a select population that are able to think with openness and eagerness to learn.
ROTFL back in the 70's i used to work in that field.
So i can tell you straight out no animal on earth is a match for humans
some come close for certain things but none are a match.
Testing /Making drugs and cosmetics are a world away from incest comparisons.
Your ignorance in thinking it would be is amazing.

Location hidden

#50225 Feb 6, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Your god, Adam and Eve are all myths.
Earth Angel wrote:
Gays can't match that.
You seem to be under the impression that gays are required to match something. They aren't.
Earth Angel wrote:
All they can do is try and insult it.
No, we insult your stupidity.
Earth Angel wrote:
You spend a lot of time gay watching do you?
Earth Angel wrote:
No, anyone who has ever seen the birth of a child has seen the beauty of nature. And as one who has been present for the birth of three children now, it's not all that pretty. Spiritually beautiful yes, but also bloody and messy. And before the advent of modern medicine, birth very often meant death for the mother. Hardly a great representation of a good "designer"!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50226 Feb 6, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why your obsession with gays? You blame us for everything.
Not true at all.
Obama would have gotten elected without your support.
You need to stop lying about me. Its making you look silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Dumb Coyote 1,785,002
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 34 min To Be Determined 136
Worthwhile Stuff regarding...OH Well. 1 hr The crowd went RED 2
Whadayahear Whadayaknow? 1 hr I Accept the Truth 2
Trump is A (Oct '17) 1 hr Caring Loveable Guy 891
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr The real Rudy 2,673
Homeowner Defends Home 1 hr CARRY CONCEALED 11

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages