Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52049 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Granite City, IL

#50045 Feb 2, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
wow you get slower thinking every day
have you forgotten this was about FAITH and what FAITH means
i can't wait for tomorrow when you have to go back to the 5th grade
ask your teacher to define FAITH for you.
you can't seem to handle a Christian explaining it.
Why are we talking about faith? This conversation is supposed to be about the sanctity and immutable nature of Biblical marriage.

Exodus 21: 7-11.

And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

So how much are you willing to give me for my daughter? She'll make a great wife for you or your sons. Heck, you can just pass her around amongst yourselves if you like. You bought her.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50046 Feb 2, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we talking about faith? This conversation is supposed to be about the sanctity and immutable nature of Biblical marriage.
Exodus 21: 7-11.
And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
So how much are you willing to give me for my daughter? She'll make a great wife for you or your sons. Heck, you can just pass her around amongst yourselves if you like. You bought her.
i dont do bible quotes.
it becomes a tit4tat back and forth never going anywhere
so if that is your game you'll have to find someone else to play it
i'm not interested.
i only do conversations and posting my own comments
You might want to try posting your own comments if your smart enough probably not.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#50047 Feb 2, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>LOL i guess for gays hell would be a paradise.
they can have all the anal sex there they want with each other.

meanwhile us Christians will be heaven
the real one with God in it.
Ya like it's your choice.What a hater!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50048 Feb 2, 2014
HALF TIME SHOW SUCKS
i hope next year they get someone famous
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50049 Feb 2, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya like it's your choice.What a hater!
quit trying to ride my coattails.
Try writing something on your own without any help from me or others.
Be original for a change.
Wash Girl 15

New York, NY

#50051 Feb 2, 2014
Two old lesbians were doing it on a park bench.

One lesbian says to the other, "Take your glasses off, you're scratching my leg."

The other one says,"Put your glasses back on, you're licking the bench!"
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#50052 Feb 2, 2014
The more gay friendly city won the super bowl. Just a sign of things to come.
Spook KneeGar

London, UK

#50053 Feb 3, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
The more gay friendly city won the super bowl. Just a sign of things to come.
That is sooooooooooooooo stupid because not a single player is gay. Sheeshus!!! You certainly are deranged, indeed. Go kill yourself. FREAK!
truth

Granite City, IL

#50054 Feb 3, 2014
Spook KneeGar wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sooooooooooooooo stupid because not a single player is gay. Sheeshus!!! You certainly are deranged, indeed. Go kill yourself. FREAK!
You don't know that. There are no openly gay players in the NFL but there have been reports that there are several gay players. You wouldn't know.
truth

Granite City, IL

#50055 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

You might want to try posting your own comments if your smart enough probably not.
You keep speaking so highly of yourself. I guess you don't understand the Xtian viewpoint on pride?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50056 Feb 3, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep speaking so highly of yourself. I guess you don't understand the Xtian viewpoint on pride?
Now where in that comment did i even mention myself let alone boost about myself ?
come on you want to make silly stupid comment about others then back it up.

Or here is an idea post something of your own for a change. If your able to.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50057 Feb 3, 2014
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/01/29/boe...

well it looks like Boehner finally got something right. Nowe lets just hope he keeps putting this nonsense on the back burner forever.

Note to Truth , Xavier, CaliGirl, Dusty and others
this how you do it. Post something worthwhile to discuss.
No need to just keep bashing me or others. You look boring doing that.
By contrast i post articles and links about gays that can be discussed like adults if you're up to it. Probably not. You haven't been so far.
I expect another round of boring insults. Ho Hum.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#50058 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
I've given you something to discuss multiple times which is: your opinions about gay men (and anal sex) are irrelevant to marriage equality.

Post all you like, but you will realize (at some point) that you're beating your head up against a brick wall. We have marriage equality and there's not one damned thing you can do about it.

I know, I know, I know, you think I've bashed and insulted you again. Have you wondered why revealing the truth to you makes you feel as thought you've been insulted?

The truth hurts, but you do have to hear it.
Earth Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#50059 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where in that comment did i even mention myself let alone boost about myself ?
come on you want to make silly stupid comment about others then back it up.
Or here is an idea post something of your own for a change. If your able to.
You're so blind. Get that log out of your eye.
Earth Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#50060 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.washingtonblade.com /2014/01/29/boehner-tells-lgbt -caucus-way-enda-will-pass/
well it looks like Boehner finally got something right. Nowe lets just hope he keeps putting this nonsense on the back burner forever.
No need to just keep bashing me or others. You look boring doing that.
By contrast i post articles and links about gays that can be discussed like adults if you're up to it. Probably not. You haven't been so far.
I expect another round of boring insults. Ho Hum.
This is about gay marriage not employment discrimination. You are posting off topic. Any moron can do that.
Earth Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#50061 Feb 3, 2014
And you are saying Boehner got something right because he refuses to support ending discrimination against gay people. Bigot.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50062 Feb 3, 2014
i DON'T respond back to imposters you should know that by now.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#50063 Feb 3, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you something to discuss multiple times which is: your opinions about gay men (and anal sex) are irrelevant to marriage equality.
Post all you like, but you will realize (at some point) that you're beating your head up against a brick wall. We have marriage equality and there's not one damned thing you can do about it.
I know, I know, I know, you think I've bashed and insulted you again. Have you wondered why revealing the truth to you makes you feel as thought you've been insulted?
The truth hurts, but you do have to hear it.
What a short term memory you have.
You have bashed me plenty of times including using swear words.
The issue of gay marriage is long from over although you would like it to be. There are still a lot of states that still do not allow it.
And as others besides me have pointed out gays will never be satisfied with just marriage between two gays. At some point gays will want a polygamy marriage, bestiality, and who knows what else.
Then their is how divorce will be handled. I've already provided a link where it discusses that gays will want special handling in such manners.
So this issue is far from over.
And that is a truth that bothers you more then it does me.
As for gay anal sex that is your cross to bear. And you actually brought it up this time not me.
Earth Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#50064 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
i DON'T respond back to imposters you should know that by now.
You don't respond to anything except with childish insults. That's why you are losing this debate. Because you refuse to defend any of your views after they are so thoroughly dismantled.
Earth Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#50065 Feb 3, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

And as others besides me have pointed out gays will never be satisfied with just marriage between two gays. At some point gays will want a polygamy marriage, bestiality, and who knows what else.
Of course. Which is why allowing women to vote has lead to dogs voting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Recap 1,761,245
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square (Aug '17) 32 min shaylahope93 36
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 37 min MPMMB 2,616
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min MPMMB 12,322
Trump is A (Oct '17) 58 min Okay 770
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Chicagoan by Birth 243,471
President Donald Trump 7 hr Is the Great 1 6

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages