Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 2,135)

Showing posts 42,681 - 42,700 of47,161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2 014/01/24/vatican-urges-ex-swi ss-guard-commander-to-detail-a llegations-security-threat/?in tcmp=obnetwork
gays threatening the pope.
gosh i thought gays were so peaceful especially now that they can marry.
gays going to attack an old man.
gays should be ashamed of themselves.
OH YES! There it is! Heap SHAME upon them!

I should be ashamed for something I didn't do? Nor anybody I know, related to, friends
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/religion/the-pope/10584654/N ew-Spanish-cardinal-insists-Ga ys-can-be-cured-ahead-of-his-n ew-appointment-to-Rome.html
here is good news gays can be cured.
Step right up Dusty don't be shy.
Dementia will make priests say the darndest things.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Dementia will make priests say the darndest things.
gays always whine about how they are bullied and picked on.
so i would think gays would jump at the chance to be cured.

maybe gays are not being bullied and picked.
Maybe its actually the gays themselves who are the bullies
no bully would want to be cured.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the church is selling snake oil yet again.

Let's see the valid data for all the "cured" homosexuals. There isn't any. Why do you think States are passing bans against the practice? There is no proof that it is effective!

You try to push a useless "cure" on us and then call US bullies? helloooooo.
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2014/01/24/nigeria-gay-cat-_n_ 4661477.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpo pular
disowning her gay cat. Gotta love it.
another solution is just putting the cat down.
people put down unwanted animals all the time. Why not gay ones too.
You think thats a good idea? You are absolutely disgusting!
You Are A FooL

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place it isn't a disease idiot ! In the second place there is nothing to cure ! You on the other hand DO suffer from a psychological condition listed by the APA ! Not to mention the vast majority of experts in the field of psychology say you're full of shyte !
You Are A FooL

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL,Yeah that's why reparative therapy is being OUTLAWED in state after state ! Thanks for once again showing what a pretend Christian you are and also how absolutely ignorant you are !
You Are A FooL

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

DoubtedMan wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=KLCfFW2yIN I ÖÖÖ The House has gays in it
Well D-U-H ! Aren't we witty ? LoL,Yeah,it also seems we have a rocket scientist in the house also ! Move along now little boy!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2014/01/24/nigeria-gay-cat-_n_ 4661477.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpo pular
disowning her gay cat. Gotta love it.
another solution is just putting the cat down.
people put down unwanted animals all the time. Why not gay ones too.
Yeah, that's a great "Christian" response. Let's take a life because we don't accept that individual for who they are.

Can you point to example in the Bible where Jesus condones extermination?
Gay Activist

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

F__U__C__K__U wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all homosexuals should be exterminated. Don't you?

I think you will end up in a reeducation camp. Your children if you have any will be totally sexualized by the time they are 5. Your wife if you have one will become a lesbian. Enjoy your life.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

F__U__C__K__U wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to tinker some with your computer settings for you. FREE of charge!!
Cool. That's a federal offense. Let's hope you enjoy becoming Bubba's bitch.
You Are A FooL

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Gay Activist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you will end up in a reeducation camp. Your children if you have any will be totally sexualized by the time they are 5. Your wife if you have one will become a lesbian. Enjoy your life.
Simply not true ! Care to try again ? YOU are in fact a FooL !
dontbeindenial

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a great "Christian" response. Let's take a life because we don't accept that individual for who they are.
The biblical answer lies in Genesis, where the very first covenant God made with man was marriage. Male and female he created them. Go forth and multiply, he said, not go forth and commit the sin of sodomy. The foundation of any country is the family, with a loving mother and a loving dad. Every child deserves to have a motherís love, and every child needs to have the love of a father. Thatís the natural way that God set it up. To change the very nature of marriage is to tell God that He is wrong in the way He set it up, from the very beginning. There are many fine people who believe that tolerance of homosexuality is a virtue. But tolerance of evil, or sodomy in this case, is never a virtue, it's a huge vice. The reason that so many people want to go along to get along with homosexual marriage is because they know someone, a family member or a friend, who is homosexual and who is a wonderful person, and they want his/her friendship, so in their mind their friendship with their homosexual friend trumps the bible. This upside down thinking - friendship with a human trumps God's Word - will lead to hell. What if their friend was an adulterer, or a child molester? Would the friendship with that person be more important than telling him/her that they are wrong? Saving someone from the fires of hell is true friendship, not sanctioning them in their sins. I realize most homosexuals try to 'invalidate' the bible unless it can benefit them somehow, or even in some cases Ive seen sinners say the bible isnt true while at the same time taking it out of context to make a point. Cant have it both ways.
dontbeindenial

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

And don't forget that once homosexual so-called "marriage" is enshrined as a new civil right that equals race, color, creed, or national origin, there will be a massive indoctrination campaign by the government, the public schools, the newspapers, billboards, the media, etc. Our kids will be ostracized by their peers in school if they stand up for Christ and do not yield to all of the demonic propaganda that somehow sodomy = the marital embrace. In other words, the very thing the homosexuals now complain about, being pariahs in a heterosexual world, they will in turn do to you and your kids, as payback. And when our kids grow up, they will in turn be living in a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. Is this the future we want for our kids? I certainly hope not.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the church is selling snake oil yet again.
Let's see the valid data for all the "cured" homosexuals. There isn't any. Why do you think States are passing bans against the practice? There is no proof that it is effective!
You try to push a useless "cure" on us and then call US bullies? helloooooo.
oh please i've already proved gays can be cured and even named one.
do your homework and go back and look it up
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be silly all the time . Your demeaning yourself by doing it.
you know i don't play tit4tat bible verses it gets everyone nowhere
but you might want to read the whole bible
pay very close attention to the Jews wiping out the Canaanites
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

dontbeindenial wrote:
<quoted text>
The biblical answer lies in Genesis, where the very first covenant God made with man was marriage. Male and female he created them. Go forth and multiply, he said, not go forth and commit the sin of sodomy. The foundation of any country is the family, with a loving mother and a loving dad. Every child deserves to have a motherís love, and every child needs to have the love of a father. Thatís the natural way that God set it up. To change the very nature of marriage is to tell God that He is wrong in the way He set it up, from the very beginning. There are many fine people who believe that tolerance of homosexuality is a virtue. But tolerance of evil, or sodomy in this case, is never a virtue, it's a huge vice. The reason that so many people want to go along to get along with homosexual marriage is because they know someone, a family member or a friend, who is homosexual and who is a wonderful person, and they want his/her friendship, so in their mind their friendship with their homosexual friend trumps the bible. This upside down thinking - friendship with a human trumps God's Word - will lead to hell. What if their friend was an adulterer, or a child molester? Would the friendship with that person be more important than telling him/her that they are wrong? Saving someone from the fires of hell is true friendship, not sanctioning them in their sins. I realize most homosexuals try to 'invalidate' the bible unless it can benefit them somehow, or even in some cases Ive seen sinners say the bible isnt true while at the same time taking it out of context to make a point. Cant have it both ways.
i tip my hat to you.
You are an excellent writer of the truth. Please keep writing in here. You post what a lot of people feel but can't express it as good as you can.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

But I thought you supported anal sex.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. That's a federal offense. Let's hope you enjoy becoming Bubba's bitch.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

he's got ya there Dusty you are the biggest anal guy on here.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Judged:

dontbeindenial wrote:
<quoted text>
The biblical answer lies in Genesis, where the very first covenant God made with man was marriage. Male and female he created them. Go forth and multiply, he said, not go forth and commit the sin of sodomy.........
The Hebrew creation myth isn't relevant to today. And, really, if you believe in a literal interpretation, then you also believe in incest, because that's the only way that Adam and Eve's children could be fruitful and multiply.

You may believe as you choose, but you may not force your personal biblical interpretations on others, using civil law. As long as you understand that, you're fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,681 - 42,700 of47,161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,036,288
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,500
Abby 4-23 7 min squishymama 13
Amy 4-23 11 min PEllen 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min mdbuilder 43,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Stina2 96,212
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 18 min Dream Crystal 7,554
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search