Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49555 Jan 26, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you're many things but a Christian is not one of them.
Pretty pretentiously Pious, Peter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gay Activist

Antioch, TN

#49556 Jan 26, 2014
Oh the camps will be full. There is a lot of reeducation that must be done.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49557 Jan 26, 2014
God Judges Gays As Unfit wrote:
<quoted text>
Per the Bible, all homosexuals burn in hell. They are the children of satan himself.
But God says your my brother.....

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49558 Jan 26, 2014
you're.......
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49561 Jan 27, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves everyone! Judge not yet
Ye be judged....
i guess you never heard of the American Legal System either.
God will decide who goes into heaven not me.
But God does allow us including YOU to make judgements about the people in our lives and we do it all the time .
You already judged me as someone you don't like. Was that Christian of you ?
I judge Dusty as someone i dislike too.
But his comments towards others and his admitted gay life he is definitely not a Christian.
Now whether or not God will forgive him and allow him into heaven that is up to God.
But his actions on earth can be judged both legally according to our American legal system and on how it can affect us in our lives.
Since he and i both post in here how i react to his post is based on his comments.

May i suggest you go back to Sunday School and learn more about free will and what God allows us to think about and react to.
Too often kids like yourself cherry pick bible quotes thinking that is what God would want of us. Nothing is farther from the truth.
Would you pick just certain dates in history and that that explains all of history ?
Would you just pick a few numbers and thing that is math ?
Please learn more about the bible sections you think are worth quoting. You'll find there is much more to it then that.
Good luck in life.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49562 Jan 27, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some great, all knowing powers that we are not aware of? Even the very full of himself, legend in his own mind KiMerde doesn't claim to know another's relationship with God. That is a very personal and private matter...
God would not appreciate you appointing yourself his mouth piece...would He? You should be ashamed!
i believe he spells it KiMare i guess you don't him at all.
I didn't claim to know what God's relationship is with anyone. Well maybe myself in the sense i know God and God knows me. From my darkest hours i know God has been with me so i think my relationship with God is an awesome one.

God allows us free will including you. We do judge others. We judge if we can trust someone or not. We judge if we want to marry someone. And we judge if what we see is christian behavior or not. Based on that we decide if we want to be around that person or if we want to avoid that person.
God allows us to do that in our lives. God allows us to set our own standards of who we trust and who we don't.
Funny you don't ask Dusty these same questions. Could it be you are judging me ?
But its ok for you to do it just not ok for anyone else.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#49563 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
...... Could it be you are judging me ?
But its ok for you to do it just not ok for anyone else.
The issue is never judgment, it's judging without knowledge. You do seem to do that when you are interacting with gay people you have never met, or listened to.

You yourself are judged by your words here.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49564 Jan 27, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is never judgment, it's judging without knowledge. You do seem to do that when you are interacting with gay people you have never met, or listened to.
You yourself are judged by your words here.
i'm going by what Dusty says.
Dusty says he is gay i don't doubt it do you ?
Dusty says says all kinds of swear words and insults do you doubt that ?
If fact i can't think of anything positive Dusty has said about any Christians or God.
So when i say Dusty is no Christian its really not a judgmental call.
Its based on an assessment of comments that Dusty posted.
When faced with a number of such facts ( it is a fact he posted such comments ) it becomes a conclusion.

But heck if you want to judge me for my words jump in line its a long line of gays ahead of you.
Ace

Benton, IL

#49565 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm going by what Dusty says.
Dusty says he is gay i don't doubt it do you ?
Dusty says says all kinds of swear words and insults do you doubt that ?
If fact i can't think of anything positive Dusty has said about any Christians or God.
So when i say Dusty is no Christian its really not a judgmental call.
Its based on an assessment of comments that Dusty posted.
When faced with a number of such facts ( it is a fact he posted such comments ) it becomes a conclusion.
But heck if you want to judge me for my words jump in line its a long line of gays ahead of you.
I doubt that Dusty is gay, my opinion he is just having fun stirring the pot. Any self respecting gay, or anyone wouldn't of took the abuse he has and left a long time ago.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49566 Jan 27, 2014
Gods Angels wrote:
Millions are coming out to wage a violent war on homosexuals in America.
Yawn

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49567 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the gays that have manipulated the laws with LIBERAL judges to change the laws away from states and the will of the people.
Really? Provide the specific law that was changed.

LOL!! Let us know when you know diddly squat about anything being discussed! "to change the laws"!!! LOL!!!!! Damn you one stupid parrot.

Get right back to us with that law you unregistered, cowardly sack of excrement!!!!!

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49568 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there are many reason to be unregistered
No, there is only one. It's called cowardice.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49569 Jan 27, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt that Dusty is gay, my opinion he is just having fun stirring the pot. Any self respecting gay, or anyone wouldn't of took the abuse he has and left a long time ago.
good point but the key words there are self respecting gay
Dusty may or may be gay but one for sure is he lacks respect of any kind.

But i still think he is gay. Gays by nature have a lot of hate in them.
They are not the fun little group they like to portray themselves as.
That waitress who was pulling a scam at the expense of those innocent dinners is typical of the kind of warped hate gays have.
Dusty is one ball of such warped hate.

True that gays are cowards my nature but in here its easy to be brave.
In real life Dusty would probably be bitched silly for his comments.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49570 Jan 27, 2014
typos galore should read
Dusty may or may not be gay but one thing for sure is he lacks respect of any kind.

true that gays are cowards by nature but in here its easy to be brave

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49572 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
considering all the legal battle i don't think its been working out smoothly for you.
Really? Let's see, we've gotten 17 states in a very short time span, we've won every single case where bigots try and use religion to deny us public services, we have three states pending lawsuits right now that have ruled their discriminatory laws preventing us from marrying are unconstitutional. We had 33 same-gender and opposite gender couples marry on live tv last night on the grammys, a telecast broadcast around the world. Two states have ruled that phony "conversion therapy" is harmful and have outlawed it, and several other states have pending laws that state the same. We are fully represented on television, radio and theatre, despite the efforts of fundies.

I'd say things are working VERY smoothly for us. The last three states that put our marriages up for public vote, all passed marriage equality. Every state that has had it's "no gay marriage" laws brought under review, has lost to date.

What exactly is it that you think isn't going smoothly for us? After that, enlighten us all as to what advances YOUR side has made in the last two years. LOL!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
if everyone was for it like you gays claim then why is it always met with strong resistance.?
Um, simpleton, the last four states that put up initiatives concerning our marriage equality, every one of them ended up going our way. What resistance are you talking about? The imaginary one in your head?

The only resistance to us is fundamentalist organizations. And they have lost everytime their efforts have come under review of the court. You simpletons like to blame this on "activist liberal judges" because you just can't accept the fact that the law supports us and not you!! You can boo hoo and whine about "activist liberal judges" till the cows come home. What you can't do is magically make the laws that your ilk rushed into existence stand up to judicial review!!! Nor can anyone on your side actually demonstrate the bias that you insinuate exists with these judges!! Sucks to be on your side dear.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
as for civil union heck yeah i though that is the way to go for gays.
We're not interested in your secondary institution. If you like civil unions so much, go have one of your own.

You know what's really ironic simpleton? Civil unions were the first step. Vermont voted on civil unions for us gays. And we bought it. And ALL the stupid fundies came out and cried and belly ached and demanded that we not be given civil unions. We were not worthy of any type union at all. Bet you all wished you have shut up back then!!! You'd all LOVE to have us in civil unions now!!! Too bad for you!
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
revoke any and all gay marriages and then go with civil unions
Nope. A legal institution already exists to legally establish kinship. No additional institution is required. SCOTUS already ruled on "separate but equal". It lost.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
best idea there is. Christians would be happy and gays would get what they need .
Laws aren't established on the basis of what makes Christians happy. And we gays don't care what makes "Christians" like you happy. You and ilk like you have shit on our happiness for years. What makes you think we give a damn about yours? And civil unions do NOT supply gays with the same rights and privileges as marriage. That is why they have been rejected. Sorry Earth Angel. Full marriage is the only thing we will accept, because it's what we are entitled to. And we will have it in all fifty states within 5 years. Not a damn thing you and your fellow fake Christians can do about it. Do have a nice day in your bigot world.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49573 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
typos galore should read
Dusty may or may not be gay but one thing for sure is he lacks respect of any kind.
true that gays are cowards by nature but in here its easy to be brave
It is true that you are stupid by nature. Do you think we wouldn't say it to your face?

hahaahahahahah
ahahahahahahahah

The sight of some leather daddies would send you crying to mommy.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49575 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you uneducated idiot. Neither States, nor "the will of the people" can pass laws that violate the federal constitution. Didn't you learn that in high school government class?
Judges don't change laws. They overturn them if they violate the constitution.
Given the content of Earth Angel's posts, its highly doubtful that he went to high school.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49576 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you're many things but a Christian is not one of them.
I'm looking forward to seeing Jesus only a non believer like yourself would even use Jesus name in that fashion like you have.
That alone tells me you're no Christian.
Oh, look at you, determining whose Christian and who isn't!! Like you have some type of authority in the matter!!!!

Thanks for sharing your opinions on the matter, but quite frankly, no one gives a hoot about your opinions!

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49577 Jan 27, 2014
God Judges Gays As Unfit wrote:
<quoted text>
Per the Bible, all homosexuals burn in hell. They are the children of satan himself.
Per the bible, the moon is a source of light, there are four legged winged creatures, the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, bats are birds, and an all powerful deity raped a 12 year old girl so that he could have an heir to murder.

No one cares about your bible simpleton.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49578 Jan 27, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you never heard of the American Legal System either.
God will decide who goes into heaven not me.
But God does allow us including YOU to make judgements about the people in our lives and we do it all the time .
You already judged me as someone you don't like. Was that Christian of you ?
I judge Dusty as someone i dislike too.
But his comments towards others and his admitted gay life he is definitely not a Christian.
Now whether or not God will forgive him and allow him into heaven that is up to God.
But his actions on earth can be judged both legally according to our American legal system and on how it can affect us in our lives.
Since he and i both post in here how i react to his post is based on his comments.
May i suggest you go back to Sunday School and learn more about free will and what God allows us to think about and react to.
Too often kids like yourself cherry pick bible quotes thinking that is what God would want of us. Nothing is farther from the truth.
Would you pick just certain dates in history and that that explains all of history ?
Would you just pick a few numbers and thing that is math ?
Please learn more about the bible sections you think are worth quoting. You'll find there is much more to it then that.
Good luck in life.
Just when one thinks you can't demonstrate being any stupider, there you go proving us wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,682,675
last post wins! (Apr '13) 30 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,734
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Alain Vain 11,757
Trump is A 2 hr CrunchyBacon 370
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr honeymylove 1,023
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr honeymylove 3,752
What to expect when dating a Filipina woman? 4 hr Charlie Pharaoh 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance