Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Angel

Aurora, CO

#49369 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
No on cares. We're still getting married. Deal with it. Your on the other side of the argument now. We win.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49370 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. You even use children, demanding they not be considered as a part of marriage, then claiming them to pretend you are a family, except for depriving the child of one parent gender.
Makes me sick.
You need to ask why you are foolishly attempting to equate to a relationship you fail at, and not establishing your own relational identity.
No, we don't need to ask ourselves that. Only an moron would think that needs to be answered.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49371 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Skin color is vastly distinct from orientations.
A naturally fruitful relationship can hardly be equated to a absolutely barren and desolate relationship.
They didn't deny service, they refused to desecrate marriage, a tenant of their faith.
<quoted text>
You keep showing your ignorance.
1. Skin color is a natural variation that science understands the reasons for.
Homosexuality is a sexual defect. A failure of mating behavior. Scientists still cannot explain the purpose or the cause.
2. I simply note that there is a vast distinction between a union that produces after it's kind, and one that is simply a harmful, unhealthy and demeaning imitation of natural mating behavior. One that NEVER procreates. Your denial of that fact is simply idiotic.
3. I gave the complete facts. The whole truth. You didn't. You distorted the situation as an act of hatred and deception.
So many words to say nothing. You gave "facts"? Really? Well then, since you mentioned scientists, please cite the scientific research that declared homosexuality as a defect.

Hurry back with that one gramps.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49372 Jan 24, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that isn't the definition of intimidation. Buy a freaking dictionary already you moron.
She doesn't understand. I hate to think someone may corner her and threaten her because of something they don't like about her that she can or can't help. Sometimes empathy is hard.
Ace

Benton, IL

#49373 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Being suspended over empty spaces says nothing about the shape of the figure. You can suspend a cube over empty space or a donut over empty space or a flat sheet of paper over empty space.
<quoted text>
That's funny. Both of these passages are about a FLAT disc. The use the word for "circle", which is a flat shape.
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. You haven't done any research; just read some (really weak) apologetics. Here's an entry from the Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion about ancient Hebrew cosmology: http://books.google.com.au/books...
The ancient Hebrews believed in a flat Earth covered by a solid dome.
I'm not going to argue that point, I'm not Jewish or ancient Hebrew. I study the King James version of the bible
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49374 Jan 24, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view of civil rights is that of an 8 year old. Let me help you out stupid. Civil RIGHTS is about RIGHTS. The focus is not the forms of discrimination, the focus is the RIGHTS, or lack there of.
“I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice." "But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said,‘Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.’”“I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people,”- Coretta Scott King
Now, you scratch your head, and keep tooting the "gay isn't race" nonsense. Nothing makes you look stupider. Well, no, actually almost all your posts make you look stupid. Carry on.
That is beautiful.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49375 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. The baker makes wedding cakes. They requested one. They were denied service.
I see the FULL truth only matters if it helps your side.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49376 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When an orientation utterly fails to reproduce, it is a failure of mating behavior. You need to educate yourself.
You ignored context.
"Relationships are relationships"? Yes, but there are different kinds of relationships. Do you know who we tell that?
You again gave partial information. You lied and distorted.
Man up punk!
So, you can't produce scientific or medical research to support your made up 'defect' argument. Yeah, we knew that already. You're opiinions, while hilariously stupid, are completely irrelevant. Just like you gramps.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49377 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gays brought up old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice. It is only fair that gays equate to at least the weakest situations of marriage.
And guess what? Gays fail! Not with a D, or even a F. They get a big fat 0 ~ ZERO!!!
Let the adults debate Blondie...
In the same way marriage doesn't have a procreation requirement, marriage also doesn't have an equating requirement, much as you wish it did. No marriage is required to equate to another. You've got nothing.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49378 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
That isn't a bottom line, it's merely a nonsensical rambling from an old coot. You seem to think you've presented something I'm required to get passed. You would be mistaken. Again.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49379 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going to argue that point, I'm not Jewish or ancient Hebrew. I study the King James version of the bible
Studying the KJV doesn't make it any less true that the "god-inspired" writings of the Old Testament involve a flat Earth.

Location hidden

#49380 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you leave out that the baker's birthday is August 2nd and the customer likes the color blue? I see the FULL truth only matters if it helps your side.

No, actually, I include any part of the events that are relevant to the discussion.

They were denied service.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49381 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So the First Amendment exempts the practice of faith in the public arena?
Any other ridiculously stupid "comparisons" you'd like to try dipsh*t?
Smirk.
Um, what was the ruling on this case dipsh*t?

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49382 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of this idiocy.
The incest was noted as an event, not excused. Just like David's adultery was.
Your hatred and bigotry is the only thing you proved.
I see. Pointing out the stupidity of your little book is now "hatred and bigotry"!! Oh you poor, poor persecuted fundie. Oh, strap that cross to your back sister, and march on. March on for Jesus.

Hey, can you clear up how your bible states that the moon produces light?!!!! LOL!!!

Oh, you poor, poor, persecuted Christian.
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#49383 Jan 24, 2014
People will soon learn that unless they are haters they must do everything gays demand that be done. Those who do not may find themselves in a reeducation camp.
ugly mo fo

Saint Louis, MO

#49384 Jan 24, 2014
I wish someone would bake ME a cake.
They won't even let me in the door.

Location hidden

#49385 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Silence imposter

Location hidden

#49386 Jan 24, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
People will soon learn that unless they are haters they must do everything gays demand that be done. Those who do not may find themselves in a reeducation camp.
Yup, asking someone who sells cakes to...sell a cake. It's practically slavery!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49387 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
. Did you know that our only gay President instigated the Civil War?
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery instigated the Civil War,
Slavery was on the verge of ending without war. Until a President with a gay partner slave owner took office.

Damn you're stupid.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49388 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When an orientation utterly fails to reproduce, it is a failure of mating behavior.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. You're assuming that the only purpose of people is to reproduce. It's not.
Where did I assume that?

If you want to debate with adults, man up punk. Come on, you can do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min My New Alias RULES 1,417,477
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min BLM 61,009
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 min honeymylove 2,408
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Go Blue Forever 103,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,435
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Hill4me 222,322
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,938

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages