Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49229 Jan 24, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes drunkards can have sex, but I'm sure that if they're capable of getting an erection, then they're capable of knowing it was one of their own daughters!
"It wasn't about sex it was about blood line"? Well if they wanted to keep blood line then it is about sex. Incestuous sex.that is not taking it out of context.
Normally when i read posts like this i think its a gay deliberately trying to miss the point.
But i do respect you so i'll try saying it in another way. More graphic then i would like.

it was night. No night lites in those days. Bedrooms were dark.
Again i think a drunk can be so drunk that he can't even see or even tell that the person next to him in a totally dark room is his daughter.
Further i do indeed believe such a drunk is still capable of full sex with orgasm.

Blood lines in those days only concerned themselves with the male side. Wrong as that may be by standards of today it is what they followed in those days. So to follow their blood line the dad still needed to have a male child.
That is what it was about plain and simple NOTHING more then that.
There was no sexual pleasure intended in that act.
This was not two sexually perverted sisters looking for sexual pleasure.
To look at it that way is wrong and out of context.

If you want to believe otherwise that is up to you.
But what you're suggesting is not the way it was. Nor the reason of why it was.

Angel

Aurora, CO

#49230 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay couple deliberately chose that bakery to demand that the owners accept their 'faith' in a fallacious marriage. That is unconstitutional.
It would be no different than a Christian demanding that an atheist pray, right?
Nope. Where'd this,'the gays are out to get us' paranoia come from?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49231 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Wait, Was someone seriously trying to defend incest? Wow.
this is what happens why someone doesn't take the time to read BOTH sides.
Had you done so you would know that NO one is defending incest on here.

this is a SERIOUS discussion about events that occurred in the bible.
Since you can't be serious about this discussion may i suggest you find another less serious thread on topix.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49232 Jan 24, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey oh great ignorant one,I'm talking about the modern day computer and the silicon chip that is the brains ! Not some old crude abacus that some guy came up with a hundred and some years ago ! The modern day computer that you are in fact typing on is credited to Alan Turing a gay man ! Care to try again bright boy ? LoL
LOL history as written by the gays only for the gays.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49233 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex was Greek...
The Greek practice was that Greek soldiers took boys as sex toys to war. When those boys grew up, they changed their orientation and married women.
Why would you brag about that? Oh, and can homosexuals change orientation?
Moreover, Nero was the gay Roman Caesar that played a primary role in the demise of the Roman empire. He had two claimed ss 'marriages' that were never legal. In fact, his political peers mocked him for them. He also tortured Christians. A gay perpetrated the first Inquisition...
Get off the gay twirl sites and get an education.
I never said Alexander was roman, I said he was gay. I also said gay people built Rome.

Why would you brag about persecuting thousands upon thousands of people whom you were afraid of? That is what straight people do. Any chance someone might be smarter or richer than them, they kill them. Women, black people, other religions, gay people.They are still doing it today.

Are you responsible for what those straight people did? Only if your still doing it today.

And many many gay people contribute to causes with abuse, child trafficking, bullying, animals, housing,...causes with children are important to us. Most of us were treated poorly because of hatred like yours. We just don't go around announcing, hey I'm gay and helping children be better. We don't need to, it's not about the attention, it's about the cause. Straight people need the attention from that to make themselves feel better about being so hateful. Justification.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49234 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
People who violate morality do not negate the rights of those who are moral.
By your standard, ss couples have failed to measure up to marriage. Their breakup rate is much higher than straights.
You only need a lawyer for a contract. You attempt to radically dumb down marriage to a contract because homosexuals cannot equate to marriage on any other level.
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, the world is over populated. If you were smart, you'd welcome less people. Even years ago they figured out that more intelligent couples weren't having kids because of overpopulation.
Gay marriage doesn't have the high divorce rate of straight marriage, couples who aren't married and breaking up aren't really qualified for divorce, thought that was obvious.
Your reply has nothing to do with my post.

Moreover, your claim about overpopulation is false.

Marriage is a personal commitment between two people, only acknowledged after the fact by government. If ss couples don't make that at a personal level, a piece of paper will certainly not seal it. Any idiot knows that...

Location hidden

#49235 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay couple deliberately chose that bakery to demand that the owners accept their 'faith' in a fallacious marriage. That is unconstitutional.
It would be no different than a Christian demanding that an atheist pray, right?
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Where'd this,'the gays are out to get us' paranoia come from?
It came from the facts, something gays avoid. Look up the incident.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49236 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, Nero was the gay Roman Caesar that played a primary role in the demise of the Roman empire. He had two claimed ss 'marriages' that were never legal. In fact, his political peers mocked him for them. He also tortured Christians. A gay perpetrated the first Inquisition...
And pontious Pilate gave the order to kill Jesus. Are you responsible for that?
Straight people have done far more damage to society that gay people ever could. Are you responsible for that? Only if your still doing it.

Location hidden

#49237 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex was Greek...
The Greek practice was that Greek soldiers took boys as sex toys to war. When those boys grew up, they changed their orientation and married women.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said Alexander was roman, I said he was gay. I also said gay people built Rome.
Why would you brag about persecuting thousands upon thousands of people whom you were afraid of? That is what straight people do. Any chance someone might be smarter or richer than them, they kill them. Women, black people, other religions, gay people.They are still doing it today.
Are you responsible for what those straight people did? Only if your still doing it today.
And many many gay people contribute to causes with abuse, child trafficking, bullying, animals, housing,...causes with children are important to us. Most of us were treated poorly because of hatred like yours. We just don't go around announcing, hey I'm gay and helping children be better. We don't need to, it's not about the attention, it's about the cause. Straight people need the attention from that to make themselves feel better about being so hateful. Justification.
You lie. You claimed Rome was built by gays and used Alex as the example. Both points were untrue.

Why do you always shift the response from the point at hand?

You then avoid the fact that a gay destroyed Rome. Did you know that our only gay President instigated the Civil War?

Smile.
educate yourselves

Talihina, OK

#49238 Jan 24, 2014
Enough wrote:
Never thought so in the past but think so now. The media is DEFINITELY liberal.
Reality is liberal.

Location hidden

#49239 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And pontious Pilate gave the order to kill Jesus. Are you responsible for that?
Straight people have done far more damage to society that gay people ever could. Are you responsible for that? Only if your still doing it.
Honey, YOU brought up the issue, I'm simply correcting your ignorance.

Moreover, considering that gays represent such a small portion of humanity, the damage they have inflicted is WAY out of proportion!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49240 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
People who violate morality do not negate the rights of those who are moral.
By your standard, ss couples have failed to measure up to marriage. Their breakup rate is much higher than straights.
You only need a lawyer for a contract. You attempt to radically dumb down marriage to a contract because homosexuals cannot equate to marriage on any other level.
This is the bottom line you will never ever get past; ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
NOTHING you say or do will change that fact.
<quoted text>
Your reply has nothing to do with my post.
Moreover, your claim about overpopulation is false.
Marriage is a personal commitment between two people, only acknowledged after the fact by government. If ss couples don't make that at a personal level, a piece of paper will certainly not seal it. Any idiot knows that...
You talked about gay people being sterile, I talked about too many people on the planet.
You talked about gay people breaking up, I talked about a breakup of non married people not being the same as divorce. So yea, it did have to do with your post.

Overpopulation is obvious. Are you blind? 7 billion people? People are raping this planet. But then the studies did show that the more intelligent and less arrogant people are the ones who realize this, so, yea.

Exactly, marriage isn't legal marriage until the paper is signed. Too bad so many straight people don't see it for the commitment that it is. They treat it like a trip to the toilet, a very temporary whatever no big deal experience. It's a shame the way the desecrate it.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49241 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It came from the facts, something gays avoid. Look up the incident.
I know the incident. Are you responsible for everything every straight person has done? Are we to take the billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of incidences of persecution and assholery of straight people and hold you responsible? Hmm of course you cling to the few incidents that you have. It's hard to make up for thousands of years of rape theft and murder. But I guess if you never try...
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49242 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex was Greek...
<quoted text>
You lie. You claimed Rome was built by gays and used Alex as the example. Both points were untrue.
Why do you always shift the response from the point at hand?
You then avoid the fact that a gay destroyed Rome. Did you know that our only gay President instigated the Civil War?
Smile.

No. I said Alexander was gay for goodness sake, Rome was built by gays. Not Alexander was gay and built Rome. And both points are true, he was, and they did.

So I guess by your reasoning, you are responsible for the billions upon billions upon billions of murders, rapes, etc. that straight people committed in their lust for power and fear of others having anything at all.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49243 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Moreover, considering that gays represent such a small portion of humanity, the damage they have inflicted is WAY out of proportion!
I know I know, when there is no way out it turns into,'but this was your idea, you brought it up'.

Gay people are more of the population than you think. WAY more. Most of them stay quiet because they are prob afraid they'll get burned at the stake by some bigoted Christian who claims hate in the name of God. Which is exactly what God said not to do.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49244 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
YOU brought up the issues with the baker making that the standard, to you, for gay peoples behavior. So I guess rape, incest, murder, theft of whole countries, greed, obesity, oppression, etc., are all the standard of straight people. Since they have done more of it and for thousands of years longer. And still do, and still have never tried to correct any of it.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49246 Jan 24, 2014

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49247 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i've explained this before
You can't compare the civil rights movement with the gay movement.
I just did.

How is denying someone service because they're gay different than denying someone service because they're black or because they're a Christian?

Location hidden

#49248 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Lesbian waitress also tried to to intimidate that couple with lies about gay comments they never said ( do i know how that feels )
No, she didn't. The couple was anonymous until THEY came forward. The waitress was trying to get attention for herself and have people feel sorry for her, not to intimidate anyone.

Location hidden

#49249 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
Which is not applicable here.
KiMare wrote:
The bakery did not deny service. They offered alternatives, just not the desecration of marriage.
The baker makes wedding cakes. The couple asked for a wedding cake. The baker refused. That's denial of service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Dem Sandwitch 1,276,775
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min ritedownthemiddle 54,542
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Prince Reebus 100,642
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques Ottawa 196,932
Word (Dec '08) 59 min boundary painter 5,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 1 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr boundary painter 6,428
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages