Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,266

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49180 Jan 23, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying people service is treating them poorly.
How would you feel if you walked into a business and they said "Nope. You're a Christian. Leave."? Would you feel that you had been treated well?
Do you think the black people who were refused service at restaurants were treated well?
i've explained this before
You can't compare the civil rights movement with the gay movement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49181 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> No you're the one that don't like it. If all the hetersexuals said to hell with it, let the gays have the title of marriage we will take the title of civil unions. The gays would be screaming foul, we want civil union to lol.
LOL darn i wish i had said that. Good one .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49182 Jan 23, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw..... are you feeling intimidated? Maybe that's because you come from an inferior intellectual position.
are you leaving too ? Or was Angel just another one of your screen names ?
gays try and intimidate just look at what they did to that baker

Lesbian waitress also tried to to intimidate that couple with lies about gay comments they never said ( do i know how that feels )

so yeah gays in here try to intimidate all the time. I could care less.
But i'll still point it out for what it is part of the GAY AGENDA
gays use intimidation to get what they want rather then try and work things out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49183 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> You are not the one getting it if you believe young people will support gay marriage forever. Young people grow up and mature, just look at us. Many of us was the 60's-70s hippies that is commenting here today.
Peace, make love not war. Now look at us:) In case you missed my earlier post.
Winston S. Churchill 'If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain. There is a lot of truth to Winston Churchill saying.
Yes most of us change as we get older and mature. Don't count on the young peoples vote forever.
They already do. The kids that grew up with our kids are now almost in their 30's and are ashamed of their parents hatred. The new generations don't want to be like you, they don't want your conflicted world.

I'm not a liberal or a conservative.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49184 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> No you're the one that don't like it. If all the hetersexuals said to hell with it, let the gays have the title of marriage we will take the title of civil unions. The gays would be screaming foul, we want civil union to lol.
Wow, how do you live with that ego taking up so much room?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49185 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 19:31-34
Incest is acceptable too?
this is why i don't play the quote the bible game
you are taking it totally wrong.
First you would need to really study the Jewish Faith and customs of that time period.
Second you have to understand their importance of preserving their blood lines THROUGH THE MALE side of the family.
And Lastly it had nothing to do with perverted incestuous behavior. It was not about sex at all.
It was about having a blood line child to preserve the family.

this is why i say you can't just drop off quotes and miss represent them like that.
The bible needs to be read as a whole. You need to study what is behind those PASSAGES.
Its not a book of quotes.

For those who say why do i need church ? all i need is to believe in God.
Well this is why people need church to explain what they read.
Considering some of the responses i get ( from XBreath and others ) a lack of understanding is rampant in here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49186 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize ahead of time, So, let's not make a big thing of it. Bye.
i thought you were leaving ??
i guess it was all just another gay lie.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#49187 Jan 23, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't "fall short", and many of us don't "see in front of our face" what you see...because we are not blinded by hatred like you are.
No hatred honey, just honest reality;

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#49188 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually traditional 'marriage' falls quite short. Divorce rates, unwanted children, twenty minute marriages, and on and on. You have no right to defend 'straight marriage'.
Straight people abuse the right to marriage.
Right in front of your face isn't it?
Broken vows and abuse don't negate the profound impact that faithful marriage produces.

There is no question that some straight people abuse marriage. However, I simply noted that ss couples don't equate to marriage. You have no reasoned rebuttal that they do, do you?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#49189 Jan 23, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this fool!!! Thinking that other people compare their marriages to other people's like he does.
Sorry KiMare, we're not so insecure about our relationships that we do that like you apparently need to. We don't hold our marriages up "next to" any other.
We don't need to.
Have a wonderful day though fool.
Sure you try to. That's what this is all about. I'm simply pointing out that in spite of courts and demands, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage. And that's just a start!

The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the courage and basis to establish their own relational identity?

Heterosexuals did. And you want to copy them.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#49190 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate...
Old couples most often have already procreated.
Sick couples are often cured.
Couples that did not plan on children, often change their minds.
Ss couples? Not ONE, ZERO, have every mutually procreated.
No gay dares to answer?
Smile.
<quoted text>
Where did I say there 'were'. I'm asking why ss couples should not be mandated to equate at least to old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice.
This question isn't difficult to understand, what are you confused about?
Smirk.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there something about the concept of NOT REQUIRED that escapes you?
Is there something about the concept of THEY SHOULD BE REQUIRED that escapes you?

Smirk smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#49191 Jan 23, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying people service is treating them poorly.
How would you feel if you walked into a business and they said "Nope. You're a Christian. Leave."? Would you feel that you had been treated well?
Do you think the black people who were refused service at restaurants were treated well?
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.

The bakery did not deny service. They offered alternatives, just not the desecration of marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Don

Columbia, IL

#49192 Jan 23, 2014
Ha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49193 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken vows and abuse don't negate the profound impact that faithful marriage produces.
There is no question that some straight people abuse marriage. However, I simply noted that ss couples don't equate to marriage. You have no reasoned rebuttal that they do, do you?
Smile.
Yea, it does. It does negate. That's what straight people have turned marriage into, a joke. The Majority of straight people do not respect marriage, according to divorce rate, and therefore have lost the credibility to defend it.

Again, marriage is a contract, a piece of paper. I can say I will spend my life with my partner, that doesn't change our taxes, property, children or names until that piece of paper is signed. Christians sign it, Muslims, atheists, everyone. Wether or not it is a legal and binding marriage depends on a piece of paper. It is not for any one group or sex, it is a contract.

Do you honestly think anything anyone says ever is going to one day make you think,'oh gay marriage is ok!'? Then accept that it exists and you don't have to like it, but you do have to behave like a person and treat others how you want to be treated. One day you may find yourself in different shoes. You never know who will be there to pull you up. Maybe me.

Marriage and the definition of marriage is changing. Stop being so scared. The only constant in life is change. Don't panic, let go.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49194 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
The bakery did not deny service. They offered alternatives, just not the desecration of marriage.
Yes it does. That is what this country protects. Same for us. My faith is that God knew exactly who I would be and made me as such. And loves me endlessly and unconditionally. My faith is that when I am done here, God will ask me,'how did you treat my people?'. I know what my answer will be. My faith is that God is only love, and that each of us has that In us. In you.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49195 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the courage and basis to establish their own relational identity?
Heterosexuals did. And you want to copy them.
Smile.
Brilliant. Best question by far.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Local29

Saint Louis, MO

#49198 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice? Lol. Straight people are the ones making a big deal out of it. How about keeping straight marriages out of the workplace, off the street, out of the media, and in the privacy of your home. No one cares if you have a different sex partner or what perversions you participate in, like having unwanted babies and getting on welfare that we have to pay for.
Weak....very weak. I think the 98% of normal thinking folks....have about 200,000 years on you. Really.....truly....abide by all the rules of society that the rest of us do and we can all get along. Last time...what you do with your sex tool behind your doors, is your business. You are a minority in your sex choice and will always be. The 98% don't need your parades nor your flamboyant mannerisms.
I just ask...when you are done with all the recklessness of your 'chosen' lifestyle, and all your demands that your kind make on society........in the end......what exactly is your contribution to the greater societal good...to mankind....to the world.......since you try and demand we "accept" the 'choice' you make.......behind closed doors?
Think about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49199 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that there were 55 or 66 'books' that made the bible, therefore reading it as a whole is neither here nor there.
Plus I was trying to make a point about only posting snippets that suit.
But I have one question for you...it sounds like you are not opposed to incestuous behavior. A man had sex with two of his daughtets to keep the blood line (pure?). Incest is incest no matter how it's worded. Do you believe it to be acceptable? I certainly don't.
Some religions do include text that others do not.
But i'm not a scholar and i don't know exactly what text those would be.
But i do know of that text you mentioned and the Jewish stance on that text.

I vehemently oppose incest behavior. In these days its illegal as it should be.
But again we're not talking about incest relations as they are today.
The bible is talking about the Jewish faith and how back in those days ( not these days ) preserving the blood lines was important.
Also keep in mind this was NOT a mutual incest relationship. Lot's daughters KNEW that their father would not approve. Therefore they drugged him with wine. You seem to skip over that. But that is what happens when you cherry pick.
As i said before you really need to study the Jewish faith to fully grasp the meaning of all this and not just cherry pick what lines of the bible you dislike or like.

Again as for me i'm very very OPPOSED to incest.
Please get that right !!!
Before you influence some idiot into jumping on me thinking i'm for it when i'm NOT.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49200 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that there were 55 or 66 'books' that made the bible, therefore reading it as a whole is neither here nor there.
KiMare would probably know more about this then i would.
But i think ( maybe i assume to much here ) he would agree with me that the bible should read as a whole regardless of which religion you're in and regardless of which bible they use.

Churches differ for a number of reasons.
for example on who can take Communion
some you have to be a member of that religion
some you have to be a member of that particular church as well as a member of that religion
some go with you just saying you believe in Christ and that he died for all our sins.
I have a personal experience story on the topic but its really unimportant

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49201 Jan 23, 2014
Local29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ask...when you are done with all the recklessness of your 'chosen' lifestyle, and all your demands that your kind make on society........in the end......what exactly is your contribution to the greater societal good...to mankind....to the world.......since you try and demand we "accept" the 'choice' you make.......behind closed doors?
Think about it.
i've also asked them a number of times what did the gays ever build ?
where are the gay built hospitals, gay built homeless shelters,
gay built women abuse centers, gay built drug addiction centers, gay built blood banks, gay built soup kitchens.
Nothing but silence from the same gays that will scream about a baker not baking a cake.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,922
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min TRD 68,896
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,154,506
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min PEllen 98,858
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 34 min barefoot2626 25
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 49,253
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 71,135
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:13PM