Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

The Don

Columbia, IL

#49192 Jan 23, 2014
Ha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49193 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken vows and abuse don't negate the profound impact that faithful marriage produces.
There is no question that some straight people abuse marriage. However, I simply noted that ss couples don't equate to marriage. You have no reasoned rebuttal that they do, do you?
Smile.
Yea, it does. It does negate. That's what straight people have turned marriage into, a joke. The Majority of straight people do not respect marriage, according to divorce rate, and therefore have lost the credibility to defend it.

Again, marriage is a contract, a piece of paper. I can say I will spend my life with my partner, that doesn't change our taxes, property, children or names until that piece of paper is signed. Christians sign it, Muslims, atheists, everyone. Wether or not it is a legal and binding marriage depends on a piece of paper. It is not for any one group or sex, it is a contract.

Do you honestly think anything anyone says ever is going to one day make you think,'oh gay marriage is ok!'? Then accept that it exists and you don't have to like it, but you do have to behave like a person and treat others how you want to be treated. One day you may find yourself in different shoes. You never know who will be there to pull you up. Maybe me.

Marriage and the definition of marriage is changing. Stop being so scared. The only constant in life is change. Don't panic, let go.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49194 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
The bakery did not deny service. They offered alternatives, just not the desecration of marriage.
Yes it does. That is what this country protects. Same for us. My faith is that God knew exactly who I would be and made me as such. And loves me endlessly and unconditionally. My faith is that when I am done here, God will ask me,'how did you treat my people?'. I know what my answer will be. My faith is that God is only love, and that each of us has that In us. In you.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49195 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the courage and basis to establish their own relational identity?
Heterosexuals did. And you want to copy them.
Smile.
Brilliant. Best question by far.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Local29

Saint Louis, MO

#49198 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice? Lol. Straight people are the ones making a big deal out of it. How about keeping straight marriages out of the workplace, off the street, out of the media, and in the privacy of your home. No one cares if you have a different sex partner or what perversions you participate in, like having unwanted babies and getting on welfare that we have to pay for.
Weak....very weak. I think the 98% of normal thinking folks....have about 200,000 years on you. Really.....truly....abide by all the rules of society that the rest of us do and we can all get along. Last time...what you do with your sex tool behind your doors, is your business. You are a minority in your sex choice and will always be. The 98% don't need your parades nor your flamboyant mannerisms.
I just ask...when you are done with all the recklessness of your 'chosen' lifestyle, and all your demands that your kind make on society........in the end......what exactly is your contribution to the greater societal good...to mankind....to the world.......since you try and demand we "accept" the 'choice' you make.......behind closed doors?
Think about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49199 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that there were 55 or 66 'books' that made the bible, therefore reading it as a whole is neither here nor there.
Plus I was trying to make a point about only posting snippets that suit.
But I have one question for you...it sounds like you are not opposed to incestuous behavior. A man had sex with two of his daughtets to keep the blood line (pure?). Incest is incest no matter how it's worded. Do you believe it to be acceptable? I certainly don't.
Some religions do include text that others do not.
But i'm not a scholar and i don't know exactly what text those would be.
But i do know of that text you mentioned and the Jewish stance on that text.

I vehemently oppose incest behavior. In these days its illegal as it should be.
But again we're not talking about incest relations as they are today.
The bible is talking about the Jewish faith and how back in those days ( not these days ) preserving the blood lines was important.
Also keep in mind this was NOT a mutual incest relationship. Lot's daughters KNEW that their father would not approve. Therefore they drugged him with wine. You seem to skip over that. But that is what happens when you cherry pick.
As i said before you really need to study the Jewish faith to fully grasp the meaning of all this and not just cherry pick what lines of the bible you dislike or like.

Again as for me i'm very very OPPOSED to incest.
Please get that right !!!
Before you influence some idiot into jumping on me thinking i'm for it when i'm NOT.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49200 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression that there were 55 or 66 'books' that made the bible, therefore reading it as a whole is neither here nor there.
KiMare would probably know more about this then i would.
But i think ( maybe i assume to much here ) he would agree with me that the bible should read as a whole regardless of which religion you're in and regardless of which bible they use.

Churches differ for a number of reasons.
for example on who can take Communion
some you have to be a member of that religion
some you have to be a member of that particular church as well as a member of that religion
some go with you just saying you believe in Christ and that he died for all our sins.
I have a personal experience story on the topic but its really unimportant

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49201 Jan 23, 2014
Local29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just ask...when you are done with all the recklessness of your 'chosen' lifestyle, and all your demands that your kind make on society........in the end......what exactly is your contribution to the greater societal good...to mankind....to the world.......since you try and demand we "accept" the 'choice' you make.......behind closed doors?
Think about it.
i've also asked them a number of times what did the gays ever build ?
where are the gay built hospitals, gay built homeless shelters,
gay built women abuse centers, gay built drug addiction centers, gay built blood banks, gay built soup kitchens.
Nothing but silence from the same gays that will scream about a baker not baking a cake.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#49203 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i've also asked them a number of times what did the gays ever build ?
where are the gay built hospitals, gay built homeless shelters,
gay built women abuse centers, gay built drug addiction centers, gay built blood banks, gay built soup kitchens.
Nothing but silence from the same gays that will scream about a baker not baking a cake.
And again you're not to bright are you ? Yeah right,gays have never contributed anything to society through out history ? And yet one more idiotic boneheaded post !D-U-H !

Famous gays through out history and their contributions to society

www.lambda.org/famous.htm
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49204 Jan 23, 2014
Local29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak....very weak. I think the 98% of normal thinking folks....have about 200,000 years on you. Really.....truly....abide by all the rules of society that the rest of us do and we can all get along. Last time...what you do with your sex tool behind your doors, is your business. You are a minority in your sex choice and will always be. The 98% don't need your parades nor your flamboyant mannerisms.
Think about it.
We have about 200,00 years on you. Gay has been around since people.
Abide by the rules of arrogant scared white men? Sorry, it didn't work with women, it didn't work with black people, it isn't working with us. Will you never learn, you can't just step all over and oppress everybody.

What you do behind doors is your business, keep it there. Keep your hand holding, making out, sitting on laps, and every other gross perversion in the privacy of your home. We don't need to see that. You make demands on our taxes, because we have to pay for all your lazy, greedy welfare recipients. We have to explain to our kids why so many of you have kids that you don't want, why you get married and divorced on a whim and how marriage should mean more than that. It's sick and unnatural. Terrible burdens on society, overpopulating an already strained planet like Neanderthals that don't have the capacity to know better.

It works both ways. It's very hurtful and anger provoking isn't it?

Except in this case everything in that paragraph is true.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49205 Jan 23, 2014
Gay people entertain you, in movies, radio, tv, music, they do countless philanthropic works, they have and do build whole communities, Alexander the Great was gay for goodness sake, gay people built Rome!

So we're ok to do all that, but not use the same water fountain as you? We'll that rings familiar.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49206 Jan 23, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no hang on....I told you why I 'cherry picked'...it was to make a point about others who do and leave out the passages before and after. Yes I realise they drugged him with wine, but if he was able to impregnate them, then surely he had some idea of what was happening...unless God gave him an 'immaculate erection'?
well you must be referring to someone other then me.
i usually prefer my style which is pick a current topic and run with it
i very rarely drink - one drink with a birthday dinner that kind of drinking
so i'm not the one to debate what is possible not impossible when drunk.
while i have worked in the medical field once ( making test kits for a large medical company )
i'm certainly no doctor either.
But i've seen my share of drunks. And most them probably could impregnate a women while drunk. They certainly would try it if they could catch a woman. That seems to be the hard part for drunks.
So i totally believe a drunken Lot could and did impregnate his daughters.
And in none of the bibles i read ( i have read more then one ) did it mentioned getting help from God.
And anytime God helped someone it is mentioned in the bible.
whatever your reasons for cherry picking this is a good example why cherry picking is wrong.
Your whole way of looking at those passages are wrong.
Its wasn't about sex it was about the blood line. Just MHO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49207 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And again you're not to bright are you ? Yeah right,gays have never contributed anything to society through out history ? And yet one more idiotic boneheaded post !D-U-H !
No not bright. She didn't pick up that I was only leaving the conversation with her.

And thank you for this post.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49208 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You're joking with list right ?
seriously ?

there are people in serious need of help. People needing hospital care, place to get a meal, a safe place to get away from domestic violence, or just a place to sleep indoors, or to get off of drugs.
ANYONE ON THAT LIST GOING TO HELP THEM ????
how great is that list now ??? What is Elton John going to do for them sing a song ?
People in serious need of help don';t turn to gays want to know why ?
Because it would be a cold day in hell before gays would help them .
They turn instead to people of faith. In churches
there they know those people will help them in what they really need.
Keep your list handy i'm sure someday you'll need it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#49209 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're joking with list right ?
seriously ?
there are people in serious need of help. People needing hospital care, place to get a meal, a safe place to get away from domestic violence, or just a place to sleep indoors, or to get off of drugs.
ANYONE ON THAT LIST GOING TO HELP THEM ????
how great is that list now ??? What is Elton John going to do for them sing a song ?
People in serious need of help don';t turn to gays want to know why ?
Because it would be a cold day in hell before gays would help them .
They turn instead to people of faith. In churches
there they know those people will help them in what they really need.
Keep your list handy i'm sure someday you'll need it.
Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! You funny ! You've got a B.S. answer to everything don't you now ! But I hate to tell you that you wouldn't have that new fangled contraption you're typing on if it weren't for a gay man ! Fact is,a gay man invented the computer,so go ahead and keep lying that gays have contributed nothing to society ! More to follow to make you look even more idiotic !

Alan Turing the inventer of the computer

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49210 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn you still here
BTW i didn't read what you wrote. Just so ya know i still ignore you.
I'm honored, Hunty.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49211 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! You funny ! You've got a B.S. answer to everything don't you now ! But I hate to tell you that you wouldn't have that new fangled contraption you're typing on if it weren't for a gay man ! Fact is,a gay man invented the computer,so go ahead and keep lying that gays have contributed nothing to society ! More to follow to make you look even more idiotic !
Touché. Too bad she doesn't know about elton johns work with children. Again, thank you.
Ace

Benton, IL

#49212 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

http://www.ask.com/question/who-invented-the-...
Who Invented the First Computer?
Answer
Charles Babbage, a British professor mathematics is the man who invented the first computer in 1837. It was basically an mechanical type of calculator that also had a memory. The computer was powered by steam engine and used punched cards for programming.

And he wasn't gay.

Born: December 26, 1791, Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Died: October 18, 1871, Marylebone, United Kingdom
Spouse: Georgiana Whitmore (m. 1814–1827)
Children: Benjamin Herschel Babbage, Georgiana Whitmore, More
Awards: Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society
Education: University of Cambridge, Peterhouse, Cambridge, Trinity College, Cambridge

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#49213 Jan 23, 2014
Gays are super smart and know everything. Hetro's are dumb and need to be put in reeducation camps. We will soon control the world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49215 Jan 23, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
Gays are super smart and know everything. Hetro's are dumb and need to be put in reeducation camps. We will soon control the world.
Yea that's not what we're about. At all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min mdbuilder 1,640,419
Sarah Sanders is a Hog 1 hr Burp-azz hole 2
Help me 1 hr Negrah rape 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Nannabella 11,534
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3,738
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3,214
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,649

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance