Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Angel

Aurora, CO

#49131 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
naw i'm inspired by the works of people like Mother Theresa
it certainly didn't drag her down.
But you are right some people will not have God's salvation.The doorway to Heaven is narrow.
I'm hoping i make it in. But i believe that God is my salvation and if he desires it i will be in heaven someday. Maybe that belief is just enough to help a gay find God.
Religion has nothing to do with gay marriage. Nor does the bible.

The bible is Christian, not American.

And don't give me the crap about what this country was 'founded' on, I'm Native American.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49132 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Call your gay marriage anything but marriage and I will support it. Get your federal benefits, have your civil union wedding ceremony I don't care! But don't tread on my hetersexual traditional values! There is enough room for everyone to enjoy their own lifestyle.
Wasn't not getting federal benefits, gays biggest argument for marriage? Ok, most people would support gays couples getting federal benefits, after all you worked for those benefits just the like everyone else did, you deserve'em
Civil union is acceptable, gay marriage is not!
The federal government does not recognize civil unions.

And sorry, but heteros don't own the word 'marriage.'
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49133 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> LOL. Call your gay marriage anything but marriage and I will support it. Get your federal benefits, have your civil union wedding ceremony I don't care! But don't tread on my hetersexual traditional values! There is enough room for everyone to enjoy their own lifestyle.
Wasn't not getting federal benefits, gays biggest argument for marriage? Ok, most people would support gays couples getting federal benefits, after all you worked for those benefits just the like everyone else did, you deserve'em
A 'marriage' is a contract. It is a piece of paper. Christians get the paper, Muslims, atheists, you name it. And people who just want property rights or benefits, who aren't even involved romantically get the paper. So do sterile people. It's a contract.

Traditional values? I think straight couples ruined that a long time ago.

Besides, it's already called marriage. And it will be fully legal soon. Because the younger generation isn't as judgmental and hateful as their parents. More than 3/4 of them support gay marriage.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49134 Jan 23, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Guidance from you?
hahahahahaha
ahhahahahahah
There is NOTHING Christ-like about you.
while Dusty probably holds the world record on not knowing anything Christian you would be his distant second.
Come to church and see what you been missing.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49135 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
AMEN !!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49136 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the younger generation isn't as judgmental and hateful as their parents. More than 3/4 of them support gay marriage.
That is your big support ? younger generation ?
oh please .
if you told the younger generation that by tripling the taxes on young people only it would tick off their parents they would vote for it.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49137 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your big support ? younger generation ?
oh please .
if you told the younger generation that by tripling the taxes on young people only it would tick off their parents they would vote for it.
So no reply on that straight divorces, unwanted children welfare post? Ok.

See how it works is, young people grow up. The next generation doesn't share your hatred. I'd much rather have their support.

What makes a person so filled with hate? What, a gay guy steal your husband? Got feelings for a lesbian and freaked out? What are you so afraid of? Come on, what is going to happen to you if two men get married? Not what goes on in your head, I mean physically how will you suffer?
Ace

Benton, IL

#49138 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'marriage' is a contract. It is a piece of paper. Christians get the paper, Muslims, atheists, you name it. And people who just want property rights or benefits, who aren't even involved romantically get the paper. So do sterile people. It's a contract.
Traditional values? I think straight couples ruined that a long time ago.
Besides, it's already called marriage. And it will be fully legal soon. Because the younger generation isn't as judgmental and hateful as their parents. More than 3/4 of them support gay marriage.
Correct. But as young people get older they mature.

Winston S. Churchill 'If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49139 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
haven't you learned by now ?
i don't respond back to imposters. Go get your own inspired name and MAYBE i'll converse with you. Otherwise goodbye.
You don't respond? What is the post above? Oh, that's right, a RESPONSE.

You seem to be under the impression I care if you respond. I don't. I just like demonstrating how stupid you are. It's simple and makes me smile.

BTW, you're the imposter. I'm registered chicken sh*t.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49140 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
Hate isn't a value to anyone other than fundamentalists.
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the biggest argument is equality. It's a fundamental principal that this country is founded on.
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, civil unions are not acceptable. Sorry dolt, but we're not interested in a lesser institution, and our rights are not yours to dispense.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49141 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
while Dusty probably holds the world record on not knowing anything Christian you would be his distant second.
Church gave us you. We've seen more than enough to know we don't want to see any more.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49142 Jan 23, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
So no reply on that straight divorces, unwanted children welfare post? Ok.
See how it works is, young people grow up. The next generation doesn't share your hatred. I'd much rather have their support.
What makes a person so filled with hate? What, a gay guy steal your husband? Got feelings for a lesbian and freaked out? What are you so afraid of? Come on, what is going to happen to you if two men get married? Not what goes on in your head, I mean physically how will you suffer?
i'll go with Ace's answer on the young people.
You you count of their support now while their heads are full of mush from liberal teachers. Lets see how well that stands the test of time. Don't expect me explain that to you too.
If you knew what you're talking about you wouldn't need so many explanations.
Questions like yours are asine.
Of course straight marriages can and sometimes do fail in various ways was that some sort of news flash for you ?
stop being asine if you want real conversations with anyone
Insults won't win you points either.
come back when you grow up.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49143 Jan 23, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't respond? What is the post above? Oh, that's right, a RESPONSE.
You seem to be under the impression I care if you respond. I don't. I just like demonstrating how stupid you are. It's simple and makes me smile.
BTW, you're the imposter. I'm registered chicken sh*t.
yawn
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49144 Jan 23, 2014
Gays obviously don't have a clue to what the meaning of hate is.
Let me school them.

A baker refusing to have a gay as a customers is just standing up for his religious convictions. Which is what this country used to stand for and still should.
A gay filled with hate goes after the baker until he bankrupts the baker just because he didn't get something he could have easily gotten somewhere else.

That is not teaching the baker how to be sensitive towards gay people.
What that taught the baker is how hate filled gay people really are.
To totally destroy a person's livelihood over a cake you can buy anywhere else.
Now that is hate. GAY HATE
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#49145 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Let me school them.

A baker refusing to have a gay as a customers is just standing up for his religious convictions. Which is what this country used to stand for and still should.
A gay filled with hate goes after the baker until he bankrupts the baker just because he didn't get something he could have easily gotten somewhere else.

Bull pucky.....Discrimination is more
like it.What if they won't serve other
people as well? Unacceptable!

Location hidden

#49146 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Let me school them.
You couldn't school a piece of baloney.

[QUOTE who="Earth Angel"]
A baker refusing to have a gay as a customers is just standing up for his religious convictions.
The religious have no imaginary special right to discriminate their services. They aren't above the law.
Earth Angel wrote:
Which is what this country used to stand for and still should.
No, this country has never stood on a platform of special rights for the religious.
Earth Angel wrote:
Gays didn't go after the baker, the Civil Rights Commission did. The gays had no reason to go somewhere else. The baker by law must serve all his customers equally.
Earth Angel wrote:
This isn't about teaching, it's about the law. He chose to break it, and there are consequences for law breakers in our country.
Earth Angel wrote:
The only lesson from this is that the religious aren't above the law. They don't get to discriminate.
Earth Angel wrote:
Any destruction of livelihood was a result of him breaking the law. Had he chosen to run his business lawfully, no destruction would be present.
Earth Angel wrote:
No, that isn't hate, that is breaking the law.

Thanks for proving yet again what a dumb *ss you are!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49147 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Jewish. Why would I go to your 'church?' They have nothing to offer me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49148 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
This country should stand on treating people poorly?

Location hidden

#49149 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
You you count of their support now while their heads are full of mush from liberal teachers. Lets see how well that stands the test of time.
Opposition to gay rights is based primarily on ignorance and religion. Neither one of those things is holding up very well.

Location hidden

#49150 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
Why? You just don't want them to have the word "marriage" so you can look down on them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Alien nation 1,704,489
Men that wear panties 40 min Sam 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Alain Vain 11,949
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr RACE 6,921
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr RACE 2,546
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr RACE 1,025
Florida shooter is White Nationalist scum 6 hr White n Proud 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance