Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52073 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Angel

Aurora, CO

#49097 Jan 22, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
You put words in my mouth i never said.
i never said i stand in God's place judging others in his name.
POST THAT QUOTE
I did say God gives me ( and everyone else ) free will.God allows us to like and dislike others. And if you want to be technical God does allow us to judge others
ITS CALLED OUR LEGAL SYSTEM
gays used that same legal system to run a baker out of business.
I guess its ok for gays to judge that baker but not ok for us to judge that gay couple.
I never insulted you.
But if you find being here insulting then maybe you should go somewhere else.
Someplace where only you have the right to post your opinions and others cannot.
Or maybe a place where you have the right to marry while others do not?
Easy There Now

Livermore, CA

#49098 Jan 22, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
POST THAT QUOTE
I did say God gives me ( and everyone else ) free will.God allows us to like and dislike others. And if you want to be technical God does allow us to judge others
I guess its ok for gays to judge that baker but not ok for us to judge that gay couple.
I never insulted you.
Someplace where only you have the right to post your opinions and others cannot.
And again with the baker ! And again I ask,what if this baker refused service to blacks,Asians,Indians,Muslims, etc,etc,etc,is he still right in refusing service to them ? If you say YES,well you're a bigger bonehead than previously thought ! I think I now have it,you're that kind of person that whenever he is proven wrong you still stick to the big lie no matter what ! Everybody else is wrong and you're always right,no matter how badly you are proven to be wrong ! If that baker serves the public he has NO right to refuse service to any paying customer,period that treats him with respect ! The baker BROKE the law and that's the bottom line ! Period !
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49099 Jan 22, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
POST THAT QUOTE
I never insulted you.
I see you are still here playing with the degenerates. It didn't take long to get out of the sewer and on to better things.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49100 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And again with the baker ! And again I ask,what if this baker refused service to blacks,Asians,Indians,Muslims, etc,etc,etc,is he still right in refusing service to them ? If you say YES,well you're a bigger bonehead than previously thought ! I think I now have it,you're that kind of person that whenever he is proven wrong you still stick to the big lie no matter what ! Everybody else is wrong and you're always right,no matter how badly you are proven to be wrong ! If that baker serves the public he has NO right to refuse service to any paying customer,period that treats him with respect ! The baker BROKE the law and that's the bottom line ! Period !
i think it should be a free country where a business can say no to a customer it doesn't want.
And i have seen signs saying
We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone
plenty of restaurants have them
and if you win to often in Vegas watch how fast you get thrown out.
Argue with management in any store and watch how fast you get thrown out.
So don't act like it never happens. Normal people shrug it off and go elsewhere.
Only gays make an issue of it.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49101 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I see you are still here playing with the degenerates. It didn't take long to get out of the sewer and on to better things.
A Christians work is never done.
They desperately need my guidance.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#49102 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i think it should be a free country where a business can say no to a customer it doesn't want.
Those signs don't allow a business to illegally discriminate - at all. First, we would need to dismantle every law that protects any minority.

Then we would need to go pre-1960's and start to post signs on the doors of all businesses either listing the people you will serve, or those you refuse to serve, so that the poor customers don't have to go from store to store and be humiliated.

So, we would have Whites Only, and NO Jews Allowed. Muslims would ban christian infidels, black store owners could ban whites folks, and anyone could discriminate against anyone else, freely.

Is that really what you would like for society? Most folks would find that idea unpleasant. Just about every follower of Jesus, for instance.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49103 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
So don't act like it never happens. Normal people shrug it off and go elsewhere.
Actually, in the case of the "florist", it was the Attorney General of the State of Washington who filed the suit, not the individuals who were denied service

Your argument here is based on gays forcing people to do things.
Forced church marriages, forced florists, forced bakeries.

In fact, you're talking about less than .01% of real world events and even those are based on legal precedence.

Oops, looks like I "forced" you to read this reply.

Those nasty evil gays and their forceful ways.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49104 Jan 23, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Those signs don't allow a business to illegally discriminate - at all. First, we would need to dismantle every law that protects any minority.
Then we would need to go pre-1960's and start to post signs on the doors of all businesses either listing the people you will serve, or those you refuse to serve, so that the poor customers don't have to go from store to store and be humiliated.
So, we would have Whites Only, and NO Jews Allowed. Muslims would ban christian infidels, black store owners could ban whites folks, and anyone could discriminate against anyone else, freely.
Is that really what you would like for society? Most folks would find that idea unpleasant. Just about every follower of Jesus, for instance.
leave it to a gay to go the the absurd.
any business that would refuse large numbers indiscriminately would soon be out of business.
But businesses DO indeed have such signs and do turn away customers it feels it doesn't want.
I read what you wrote now read what i wrote.
I noticed you didn't deny it happens in Vegas and in restaurants.
And there are businesses own and operated by Christians Hobby Lobby is one.
You can play the absurd game all you want.I don't care i just laugh at such comments.
They are aren't real. Your comments are NOT what is happening.
My comments are REAL and is happening in places such as Vegas and restaurants.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49105 Jan 23, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, in the case of the "florist", it was the Attorney General of the State of Washington who filed the suit, not the individuals who were denied service
Your argument here is based on gays forcing people to do things.
Forced church marriages, forced florists, forced bakeries.
In fact, you're talking about less than .01% of real world events and even those are based on legal precedence.
Oops, looks like I "forced" you to read this reply.
Those nasty evil gays and their forceful ways.
yawn you still here
BTW i didn't read what you wrote. Just so ya know i still ignore you.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49106 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
leave it to a gay to go the the absurd.
any business that would refuse large numbers indiscriminately would soon be out of business.
But businesses DO indeed have such signs and do turn away customers it feels it doesn't want.
I read what you wrote now read what i wrote.
I noticed you didn't deny it happens in Vegas and in restaurants.
And there are businesses own and operated by Christians Hobby Lobby is one.
You can play the absurd game all you want.I don't care i just laugh at such comments.
They are aren't real. Your comments are NOT what is happening.
My comments are REAL and is happening in places such as Vegas and restaurants.
I'm a lesbian living in Vegas for 12 years now. What are you talking about?
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49107 Jan 23, 2014
I believe those signs your talking about are in very very few shops, like tattoo shops and random neighborhood bars. They are there in case someone really drunk and disruptive comes in bothering customers.

I have been in hobby lobby many times with my wife, and we even kissed in there, gasp! Never had a problem. Vegas doesn't care if your gay, they just want your money. In fact civil unions are legal there and marriage is on the way. Several govt officials and representatives of Vegas are gay. Several.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#49109 Jan 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls, girls, your limp wristed denial doesn't change the fact that a ss couple next to a married couple will always fall short. It's right in front of your face isn't it.
Snicker.
Look at this fool!!! Thinking that other people compare their marriages to other people's like he does.

Sorry KiMare, we're not so insecure about our relationships that we do that like you apparently need to. We don't hold our marriages up "next to" any other.

We don't need to.

Have a wonderful day though fool.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49110 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking about saying nothing it looks like you lost your other REGISTERED name due to spam.
LOL you want to try it again
Looks like you're still an idiot.

Watching you demonstrate every day how stupid you are is hilarious.

I don't need to "try again" with you. Hell, I don't even have to try at all. You're a moron. Everyone (and by everyone, I do mean everyone.....even those on your side of the issue like your boyfriend KiMare) but you knows it. That's what makes your posts so funny.
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49111 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is already set in his ways. Do you really think you can rehabilitate these gays especially when they don't want help, and their main purpose is to drag you down to hell with them?
My opinion, you play in sewer and you will come out smelling like $hit. Even god give up on some people, then exterminated them.

Location hidden

#49112 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
POST THAT QUOTE
You have it backwards stupid. The legal system punished a baker for breaking the law. The same legal system your stupid god provided us apparently!! Tell me, do you ever get tired or having your stupidity so publicly displayed?
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly did this "judgement" of the baker occur? Please cite a report on this baker that demonstrates this "judgement" you completely made up!!!!

Don't worry fool, it's a rhetorical question demonstrating how stupid you are, no reply is actually expected.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I never insulted you.
Your stupidity insults the human race. If aliens were to land on this planet, and choose you as a sample of our species, they would laugh themselves silly.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you acknowledge that your posts are opinion. Generally you try and present your bullshit as facts, which is what makes you look so stupid. Calling your bullshit "opinion" is at least a step in the right direction.

Carry on moron.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#49113 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking about saying nothing it looks like you lost your other REGISTERED name due to spam.
LOL you want to try it again
Looks like you're still a moron!!

Location hidden

#49114 Jan 23, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
But if one breaks the law, but blames it on Jesus, isn't that ok?!!!

LOL!!!

Location hidden

#49115 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do. Unfortunately for you, you live in the United States where discrimination like that is a crime, punishable by law. You might consider moving to Iran. They love your kind.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for demonstrating yet again how stupid you are. Any business can put up these signs. But if refusal of service is demonstrated to be aimed at a particular "group" of people, and those people are protected by law (ie. race, gender, sexual orientation, etc), the business owner is still breaking the law. Sorry sugar!
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when one thinks you can't demonstrate being any stupider, there you go proving them wrong.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
One is free to argue with whomever one wants to argue. Arguing isn't against the law moron.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No hon, normal people stand up for themselves. Just because you're a sniveling coward doesn't mean everyone else is.
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Anyone who feels they have been illegally discriminated against makes an issue of it. You can google proof of that at any time.

Sorry you hate gays so much. But that's not our concern or our issue, it's yours. Sorry you're having such a rough time with it. Must suck to be so stupid.

Location hidden

#49116 Jan 23, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that you consider your posts on a public forum as "work".

Thanks for demonstrating yet again how ridiculous you are.

You couldn't give guidance to a 2 year old. You're a moron. The only person that doesn't know that is you. That's what makes you so damn funny!
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49117 Jan 23, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Satan is already set in his ways. Do you really think you can rehabilitate these gays especially when they don't want help, and their main purpose is to drag you down to hell with them?
My opinion, you play in sewer and you will come out smelling like $hit. Even god give up on some people, then exterminated them.
We don't want to drag you anywhere with us. Make no mistake.

And really? Straight marriage has so much credibility? Hardly. We do it better.

Do you even know God? If you did I doubt you would be spilling out so much hate and negative energy in to the universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min woodtick57 1,374,590
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Jacques Orleans 212,941
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Brian_G 58,771
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min RICK MOSS POLLARD 72,024
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Ize Found 70,442
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min RACE 101,724
abby4-29-16 1 hr RACE 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages