Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#48945 Jan 20, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect them to...I thought you did.
You said 'expect', I didn't.

I simply noted that if ss couples want to equate to marriage, they should at least equate to old couples, sick couples and couples who have a choice.

I don't 'expect' them to do any such thing, since I already know they don't equate.

However, I ask you again. Is it not more than fair for ss couples to match the examples THEY use?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#48946 Jan 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY? Do you consider any of your rant to be relevant???
REALLY? When I filed my federal taxes did the government consider any of your "facts" to be relevant?
You've reached the end of the road with your argument. Dead end, oh great hermaphroditic one.
SecretSmile
So you admit your relationship can't even equate to old couples, sick couples or couples who have a choice.

How's that piece of paper changing reality, LOL.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#48947 Jan 20, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, normal people don't think about other people's sex. Nor do normal people discuss what they've thought other people do sexually. Only perverts and reprobates like yourself do that gramps.
However, anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Please join me in a campaign to stop anal abuse!

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#48948 Jan 20, 2014
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate...

Old couples most often have already procreated.
Sick couples are often cured.
Couples that did not plan on children, often change their minds.
Ss couples? Not ONE, ZERO, have every mutually procreated.

No gay dares to answer?

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#48950 Jan 20, 2014
I see we have many candidates for the reeducation camps. Don't say you have not been warned.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I say

Crystal Lake, IL

#48951 Jan 20, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point...Marry who you want, but make divorce illegal.
In order to that we'd all have to convert to Catholicism...I'd rather be gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

#48952 Jan 20, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree its another topic and not for here
BUT
if they are suicidal its because gay isn't working for them. Maybe its bullies or boogymen
doesn't matter at all . What matters is being gay is not making him happy.
Being gay made him a target. And being a target gets you killed.
maybe he'll stay gay maybe not
but if he's suicidal he will die unless some change is made to take him off the suicidal path.
and that is what i'm suggesting. Find the path that he can accept that walks him away from killing himself. Saying gee the bashers, bullies etc are just wrong doesn't cut it when someone is about to kill themselves.
My god but your ignorance knows no bliss ! Why do you think reparative therapy is being outlawed in state after state ? Not to mention that the APA highly recommends that reparative therapy not even be tried as it may and many times can cause great psychological harm to the patient ! Lets see what the APA has to say on the subject and many other experts have to say on the very subject of reparative therapy ! Bottom line,they say the exact opposite of what you say ! I know this won't do you any good but the truth will set you free,to bad that your mind is so blocked that even the truth is ignored by you and your absolute ignorance ! Being gay in 99.9 % of all cases is an innate state,that is according to the vast majority of world wide experts ! Sure there will be a couple of confused souls but they won't even make up 1 % of people who identify as being gay !

From the APA on reparative therapy.

www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2009/08/thera...

From CNN on reparative therapy

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

#48953 Jan 20, 2014
Kiss My Azz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Sex/story...
HOME>HEALTH>HEALTH
Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says
May 9
By Sarah Adler and Edmund Levin
Can gay men and women become heterosexual?
A controversial new study says yes — if they really want to. Critics, though, say the study's subjects may be deluding themselves and that the subject group was scientifically invalid because many of them were referred by anti-gay religious groups.
Dr. Robert Spitzer, a psychiatry professor at Columbia University, said he began his study as a skeptic — believing, as major mental health organizations do, that sexual orientation cannot be changed, and attempts to do so can even cause harm.
But Spitzer's study, which has not yet been published or reviewed, seems to indicate otherwise. Spitzer says he spoke to 143 men and 57 women who say they changed their orientation from gay to straight, and concluded that 66 percent of the men and 44 percent of women reached what he called good heterosexual functioning — a sustained, loving heterosexual relationship within the past year and getting enough emotional satisfaction to rate at least a seven on a 10-point scale.
He said those who changed their orientation had satisfying heterosexual sex at least monthly and never or rarely thought of someone of the same sex during intercourse.
He also found that 89 percent of men and 95 percent of women were bothered not at all or only slightly by unwanted homosexual feelings. However, only 11 percent of men and 37 percent of women reported a complete absence of homosexual indicators.
"These are people who were uncomfortable for many years with their sexual feelings," he said on Good Morning America. But they managed to change those feelings, he added.
The study reopens the debate over "reparative therapy," or treatment to change sexual preference. Spitzer argues that highly motivated gays can in fact change that preference — with a lot of effort.
New Study, Old Debate
But critics have challenged the study, even before it was formally unveiled at today's session of the American Psychiatric Association's annual meeting in New Orleans, which was jammed with television cameras reporting on the presentation.
Another study presented today even contradicted the finding. Ariel Shidlo and Michael Shroeder, two psychologists in private practice in New York City, found that of 215 homosexual subjects who received therapy to change their sexual orientation, the majority failed to do so.
A small subset reported feeling helped.
That study has also not been published or reviewed.
"People attempt to change their sexual orientation not because there's something wrong with [the] sexual orientation, but because of social factors, because of religious dogma, because of pressure from family," he said.
Spitzer doesn't question that many gay people have been hurt by therapy.
"There's no doubt that many homosexuals who have been unsuccessful and, attempting to change, become depressed and their life becomes worse," he said. "I'm not disputing that. What I am disputing is that is invariably the outcome."
And now for the truth ! Dr. Robert Spitzer apologizes for his flawed study on reparative therapy and also apologizes to the LGBT community for any harm he may have done ! Even he now admits that being gay is an innate state and any attempt to change it can cause great harm !

www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/robert-spitzer
Local29

Saint Louis, MO

#48954 Jan 20, 2014
Will this thread ever stop?!! We get it...you like sharing same-sex, sexual organs that a vast majority of us don't. You have had, and continue to have the same rights as everyone else....employment, right to vote, where you live etc. You the 'right' to do whatever it is you do. I can disagree with your 'choice', but I still stop at the same traffic lights as you! Stop with the incessant madness...because you are gay, that somehow this translates to the "wow me...I'm discriminated" nonsense.
No you are not. You do whatever you do with your sex organs. The rest of us, could give a flip.
You like hotdogs...and I like pie. Don't need any more laws that says what you like or what I like amounts to anything that needs to be regulated.
Please....move on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#48956 Jan 20, 2014
Local29 wrote:
Will this thread ever stop?!! We get it...you like sharing same-sex, sexual organs that a vast majority of us don't. You have had, and continue to have the same rights as everyone else....employment, right to vote, where you live etc. You the 'right' to do whatever it is you do. I can disagree with your 'choice', but I still stop at the same traffic lights as you! Stop with the incessant madness...because you are gay, that somehow this translates to the "wow me...I'm discriminated" nonsense.
No you are not. You do whatever you do with your sex organs. The rest of us, could give a flip.
You like hotdogs...and I like pie. Don't need any more laws that says what you like or what I like amounts to anything that needs to be regulated.
Please....move on.
We have federal recognition; I don't think we're being discriminated against anymore (and more states will follow soon).

BTW, can you tell us the day/date and time that you made your sexuality choice? You know, the day that you chose to be a heterosexual.

Thanks!
geesh

Waterloo, IL

#48957 Jan 20, 2014
Majority of gays had no real father figure in their lifes and you re all mentaly ill.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#48958 Jan 20, 2014
geesh wrote:
Majority of gays had no real father figure in their lifes and you re all mentaly ill.....
And yet more lie's from the resident loser ! That is the first part of your post,but the last part is right on ! You in fact are in dire need of psychological counseling to alleviate your mental disease ! How long have you suffered from Anti-Social personality disorder ? You do know there are great meds now that can help with the disease you so obviously suffer from ! Poor,poor little delusional,hypocritical guy !
well

Mchenry, IL

#48959 Jan 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate...
No gay dares to answer?
Smile.
Since this seems to be so important to you that you keep copying and pasting it to multiple threads....Why don't you go to your law makers and demand they make procreation a requirement for ALL marriages? Then get back to us after they call the men in white coats to take you away...laughing their asses off at you the entire time.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#48960 Jan 20, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet more lie's from the resident loser ! That is the first part of your post,but the last part is right on ! You in fact are in dire need of psychological counseling to alleviate your mental disease ! How long have you suffered from Anti-Social personality disorder ? You do know there are great meds now that can help with the disease you so obviously suffer from ! Poor,poor little delusional,hypocritical guy !
Hmmmm, how wrong he is. Let's see, I am a lesbian and I had my father there all of my life, was very close to him till the day he died. My partner always had her father, he is still alive and still part of her life. All of my close friends who are gay/lesbian all had their fathers in their lives. Just shows how uninformed people are. They only believe what they want to believe and will totally ignore any facts that are shown to them. Seems useless to argue with them, because they refuse to learn. A saying I heard that I like to use is "There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity... ignorance can be fixed with education, stupidity can't, because it is on purpose."

Location hidden

#48961 Jan 21, 2014
rabnew wrote:
I remember back in school (it was in kindergarten)...my friend proposed to me at the ripe old age of 6. He picked me a dandelion and we 'got married' behind the swing set and then went off to play.
Thirty years later we met up again and he's this huge, handsome work of art. I had one child in a pram at this point and I asked if we could sit down somewhere so I could feed my daughter. Being as discreet at possible, I threw a cover over the front of myself and proceeded to breastfeed. He was horrified! As it was, it wasn't the breastfeeding that bothered him, it was the fact he might accidentally see something he didn't want to see. That's obviously when I found out he was gay.
He thought the female body was gross....that those boobs I had might just as well have been packing a grenade! You CANNOT change that!
As I've mentioned before....years ago if you picked up your pen in your left hand the teachers FORCED you to put it in your right hand...because that was the 'normal' way to write. That's bullsh!t. We are all different in one way or another.
Ah, so many elements of mating behavior. You really should understand why we are so different from each other...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#48962 Jan 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
Ss couples? Zero.
No gay dares to answer?
Smile.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Since this seems to be so important to you that you keep copying and pasting it to multiple threads....Why don't you go to your law makers and demand they make procreation a requirement for ALL marriages? Then get back to us after they call the men in white coats to take you away...laughing their asses off at you the entire time.
I'm simply waiting for a gay to give me a straight answer.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48963 Jan 21, 2014
rabnew wrote:
I
As I've mentioned before....years ago if you picked up your pen in your left hand the teachers FORCED you to put it in your right hand...because that was the 'normal' way to write. That's bullsh!t. We are all different in one way or another.
imagine the problems i had with that growing up. I always have to try things with each hand to know for sure
THINGS I DO LEFT HANDED
throw a ball
bowling
shoot a rifle
play pool
tie a knot ( yes there really is a difference try teaching it to an opposite person )
light a match
THINGS I DO RIGHT HANDED
write ( no i wasn't forced it just naturally is this way )
play tennis
bat a ball
golf
shoot a pistol
THINGS I DO EITHER HAND
eat food
use tools ( that really comes in handy )
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48964 Jan 21, 2014
rabnew wrote:
I I asked if we could sit down somewhere so I could feed my daughter. Being as discreet at possible, I threw a cover over the front of myself and proceeded to breastfeed. He was horrified! As it was, it wasn't the breastfeeding that bothered him, it was the fact he might accidentally see something he didn't want to see. That's obviously when I found out he was gay.
He thought the female body was gross....that those boobs I had might just as well have been packing a grenade! You CANNOT change that!
Breastfeeding truly is God gift to women. What a wonderful bonding experience it is for them.

When i mention change for a gay into straight. It really got taken way out of context by people wanting to look for reasons to tear it apart. Rather then looking to a more in depth discussion.
In my context i was putting it in was on a gay ready to commit suicide because of bullying, or whatever reason gay related.
When your ready to die over your life for whatever the hell the reason is saying its going to be ok to continue that life and is just going to push them over the edge period.
They need to know that their life can improve get better and even change so that its worth living for. And for people like Anne Heche that is exactly what happened. Not that she was suicidal but she did switch and her life did improve. Being straight is not an evil thing.

As for that gay with the breastfeeding. He could never be changed. ONE he wasn't looking to change.TWO he wasn't suicidal. THREE he was happy being gay

But it does bring up another point.
Gays really don't like women. They don't like sex with women. They don't like motherhood in any way shape or form.The gays in here will never admit to that. One they hate me TWO it shows them for the haters they really are.
Trying to achieve acceptance is how they go about their gay agenda but deep down its fueled with hate towards anyone who doesn't accept them.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48965 Jan 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:I'm simply waiting for a gay to give me a straight answer.
Smile.
LOL i tried that too and none of them would answer me either.
What they will do instead is just call you names swear at you and totally divert everything you say into things you weren't even talking about.
So good luck with getting a straight ( pun intended ) answer from any of them.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48966 Jan 21, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..first one I agree with.
Second one I don't: I'd most likely say something like...."c'mon, I understand you...if you jump they win...don't give them the satisfaction. Killing yourself won't do anything but if you come down I'll help you raise awareness and we'll tackle it head-on". We'll raise awareness....or something to that effect.
Third one, kind of. It's really hard to type out our thoughts exactly how we want them to be interpreted.
That's ok though.....we can agree to disagree on some points.
the first and the second are identical.
They both are being bullied and pointed out by those around them tot he point where they are willing to kill themselves over it.
And my solution is basically the same. Give them a different path with safe options.
Yet because its a GAY person in the second example you feel the solution must be totally different. In fact a complete opposite of my solution.You feel the gay must accept the fact that being gay cannot be changed therefore they must continue in that same path. And you offer no real option. Bullies won't really change. Awareness won't stop anything.
Gay Agenda = never accepting any idea that challenges the gay life.

You're open to debate because you're not gay. You may be friendly to the gay cause but you're not gay. Real gays like Dusty go crazy at the very thought of honestly debating any real issues that could challenge them.

What is striking is they talk about being bullied. But i see a lot of bullying from them in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,405,648
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min District 1 219,716
Al Sharpton 34 min AlisAPieceOfShyt 7
This is reason Pat Buchanan fired from CNN. 2 hr PJ all the way 1
Chicago has the Worst Women 4 hr Chiraq 40
What's the point of War 5 hr Anonymous 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr El Padre 60,664
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr RACE 103,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages