Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48872 Jan 19, 2014
Teach your kids how to make fun of homosexuals if they are in high schools already. Teenagers need to put pressure on homosexuals without resorting to violence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48873 Jan 19, 2014
visit gay parades and erect signs which inform gay people about their sins. Use biblical quotes to justify your actions when you visit a gay parade.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48874 Jan 19, 2014
So funny to think of another guy taking it up the poop shoot! Ya'll are nasty fu#kers

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48875 Jan 19, 2014
What are the fa ggots going to do, slap me hahahah

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#48876 Jan 19, 2014
Jim wrote:
gays are aids infested. They are a big percentage of child molesters. You people are sick, Just think, pretty soon you can have your pot to.
Sorry but wrong once again ! The vast majority of child molesters are in fact heterosexuals ! And it's usually a relative,neighbor or clergy ! Try not to open that big lying pie hole unless you actually know what the truth is loser !
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48877 Jan 19, 2014
I love to Make fun of Homosexuals!!! Hahaha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#48878 Jan 19, 2014
Slap U With The Truth wrote:
Homosexuals can keep stealing babies from straight people but God has not changed His mind on killing all of them if they don’t repent.
Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on your bigoted hating KKKristian ass ! Not to mention we live in a secular nation where the Constitution is the absolute law of the land and not your fairy tale evil bible ! You are funny in a creepy psychotic sort of way ! LOLOLOL
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48879 Jan 19, 2014
40% Of Child Rapes Are Committed By Homosexuals ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Do Unto Others" ”

Since: Mar 13

Austin Texas

#48880 Jan 19, 2014
I love to Make fun of Homosexuals!!! Hahaha
So,you always make fun of yourself closet boy ? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Slap U With The Truth

New York, NY

#48881 Jan 19, 2014
&#9726;Homosexuals comprise < 2% of adults
&#9726;90+% of child molesters are male
&#9726;The Gay Report — 23% of gays reported sex with boys aged <16; 7% with boys aged <13

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#48882 Jan 19, 2014
&#9726;Homosexuals comprise < 2% of adults
&#9726;90+% of child molesters are male
&#9726;The Gay Report — 23% of gays reported sex with boys aged <16; 7% with boys aged <13
We have a lot of power for only 2%. 2 Statewide offices in IL alone.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#48884 Jan 20, 2014
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate!

No gay dares to answer?

Smile.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already answered. NO, SS COUPLES DO NOT NEED TO PROCREATE, EVEN SOME OF THE TIME, TO HAVE A VALID MARRIAGE.
Really? You consider that fair???

Old couples most often have already procreated.
Sick couples are often cured.
Couples that did not plan on children, often change their minds.

Ss couples? Not ONE, ZERO, have every mutually procreated.

And you call that reasonable to equate with marriage?
How is that just???
Clearly an ignorant, bigoted view. I'm shocked!

Smile.

Location hidden

#48885 Jan 20, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we expect them to? All the hate, bigotry and prejudices on Topix should be reason enough NOT to bring a child into this world. Global warming, animal extinction, nuclear weapons, pollution. There is no respect for anyone or anything.....
How can you 'expect' something that is impossible?

Location hidden

#48886 Jan 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Science is allowing older and older couples to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many infertile couples have corrective surgery that enables them to bear children.
Ss couples? Zero.
Many couples that were not going to procreate, change their minds and become parents.
Ss couples? Zero.
96% of marriages historically include children.
Ss couples? Zero.
If old couples, sick couples and couples that have a choice often have or do procreate, don't you think we should require ss couples to mutually procreate at least SOME of the time??? Especially since most marriages procreate!
No gay dares to answer?
Smile.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gay but I am going to answer you...
First of all older people being able to procreate with medical intervention: Not a really wise idea, there is a reason God gives children to the young. A few hours of my grand children and though I love them dearly I am ready for them to go home.
Infertile couples may have surgery or in vitro fertilization...that is wonderful, at least the children are wanted.
Many couples that don't want to procreate then change their minds: Not usually, they have accidents and unwanted children...not a good thing to be unwanted you should know.
Just think KiMerde the happy gay couples that want children can adopt all the unwanted children that the young christian girls are forced to carry to term when they get knocked up and then forced to give them up for adoption. Some one has to love and care for these children...
Maybe this is Gods way of evening the playing field and providing loving homes to many unwanted and abused children...an answered prayer for many..
So you agree with me that all those comparisons do produce children (though you make a bias attempt to negate them), but totally ignore that and excuse equating a relationship that is absolutely barren?

Based on your justification, ANY relationship would qualify as marriage. You really re going to have to do better than that!!

I clearly expose the fact that using even the most minimal standards, standards that homosexuals brought up, ss couples utterly fail to equate to marriage.

Smile.
Too Funny

Miami, FL

#48889 Jan 20, 2014
The gays are losing the battle here ... hahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48890 Jan 20, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I liked it better when you didn't like me.....'o' I'm having to put my thinking cap on more often.
You know, I've sat here and typed several responses and then deleted them all. I could go on for ever on this subject, but that wouldn't be following the current topic.
Put it this way....I certainly wouldn't want to be doing it now. My youngest is 12 years old and so much has changed since her eldest sibling was born 8 years earlier. Social media means parents don't have much say about what your children are exposed to. The hate, the bullying, the Youtube videos that aren't monitored. You can't take the internet away because the schools tell you the kids need it for homework. Kids are being forced to grow up way too quickly. Where's the innocence? You also have to remember what I do for a living and that puts a different 'spin' on things too.
Like I said, I could talk on this subject for ages, but I won't. You can always msg me. It wouldn't be fair for everyone else on here.
LOL i'm glad i'm making you think. You're one of a few on here that actually is thinking and posting without hate.
After you read a few more one liners with hate you'll be happy to post with me.
I agree kids are not being kids as much as they once were. You almost have to throw them out the door to go play sports or at least just play outside. Computers kill their imaginations too. I miss board games and cards where it wasn't just luck. These days its shoot them up video games. Back in the 70's i had 5 library cards even today i have 2 library cards.
I still read the old fashion way books.
Hey great tv show even for kids. Brain Games
http://braingames.nationalgeographic.com/epis...
well we both need to get back to the topic feel free to jump back in anytime.
Too Funny

Miami, FL

#48891 Jan 20, 2014
Homosexuals are freaks!!!!... hahahahaahahahahahahaahah!!!!! Homosexuals are being pushed back into the closet more and more. Americans are rising up to stomp these sick freaks in the dirt!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48892 Jan 20, 2014
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

i have mixed feeling about Wikipedia. I have found in the past a few errors and misconceptions but they were minor.
This is an interesting list. I don't pretend to be a biblical scholar. Nor do i know the rules or position of every religion.
So i did find this helpful and hopefully its accurate.
If its not i'm sure someone will point it out. I look forward that input
What i did like about this list was it seemed non judgmental and more about trying to list all the major recognized religions as accurately as possible. Time does make changes so i'm sure unless they keep updating it this too could at some point be inaccurate.
Where does your church stand ?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48894 Jan 20, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
If my kids argued (not that they did very often) I'd send them outside and make them pitch a tent. They didn't even realise they'd started working together to figure it out! Thankfully my home is lined with books. Now...back to the topic at hand.
SS marriage is definitely a bigger issue than I originally thought. We have freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom to worship our deities....but when these are intermingled it's a war zone. I support our gay community for one. I respect our churches. I understand ppl fear change. But after all is said and done, ppl don't choose to be gay, that's who they are or how they are....either or. The church doesn't dislike the person as such, but rather their acts so they try and make them repent their sins etc, etc. The church wants to try and save them. The church has to realise that not everyone wants to be saved. They are who they are and just want acceptance. I think that's fair. If I'm wrong in assuming this and you're gay, I apologise. It wouldn't be the first time I've been seen with a foot dangling from my mouth.
I was happily married with a kid too.
You might be surprised to find we're not that far off in agreement.
I supported the gay community with civil union all the way. In fact i thought that COULD be the best solution. FULL benefits without the church involved in any way.
Where it fell apart like most legal situation you don't get it all the first time around. And the gays were not wanting to fight to improve it instead picked a bigger battle and went with marriage.

I'm a realist. I know you can't save everyone. Some people are stuck in who they are. Alcoholics, drug addicts, gamblers, thieves, etc some don't want to be save from it.
But i do believe deep down a lot of people addicted to a vice in a bad way do want to be saved. Sex in a loving way in the right environment is a wonderful thing. Done in a sleazy risky way can lead to bad things just like any other addiction can.
Isn't it good to know that they can get help. That someone does reach out for them ?

I just don't see the gay community reaching out to help gays who might want to go straight.
Who might not want to wind up with a disease. or losing the support of loved ones.
Most gays i see even the nice ones who go about their business without hate even them do nothing to reach out and help others.

So isn't it strange that the one group of people who actually will reach out and help them is the one group they turn their back on the most.
And its not with a prayer book banging you in the head. I've been to health clinics, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters. There is no gay ID check at the door. There is not believe in God or else requirement.

I'm still waiting for the gay community to provide some of these things too.
I'm still waiting for the gay community to meet the church halfway.
I've seen the love on our side but i'm still waiting to see the love on there side.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48895 Jan 20, 2014
There are plenty of posters posting nothing but hate on BOTH sides.
Plenty of swear words, insults, etc.
But there are only a few Christians as well as fence sitters claiming to not be on any side willing to post without hate, without swear words.
Without gotcha type tactics.

But i don't see any gays willing to do that.
I don't see one gay in here that doesn't use swear words, insults, or gotcha tactics.
I don't see one gay in here willing to talk on topic without hate.

Obviously the topic has changed somewhat but it can still be held within reason on the topics of marriage, church, gays, heterosexuals

Lets turn this around to topics we can talk about like adults.
Leave the BS hate for twitter and blogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min FYVM 1,418,174
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 44 min whatimeisit 3,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min silver surfer 222,412
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,941
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,421
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,468
Instagram upload from windows 10 PC? 5 hr jeskkaphilli618 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages