Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48802 Jan 19, 2014
Theory wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Dusty, like most queers you are so unhappy with your life and you think you know it all.
i'm learning its best to ignore Dusty and only use his name as a reference to make a point,.
Dusty is the quintessential gay.
Totally unhappy even though he thought he did every gay thing right. He supports the gay agenda to the max. Got married.
And still he is a bitter unhappy gay. Full of swear words and hate towards anyone he disagrees with.
It reached a point now where he can't even debate on the simplest of terms without flying off the handle.
Which is why i'm leaving him out of my debates on the gay agenda except occasionally as a reference of the quintessential gay.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#48803 Jan 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Old, small, and shrinking in membership describes most churches. And you can pick the reason why in any number of choices.
But i don't think i would use the word apostate to describe one of those choices.
Most of the people i know who have left their church still describe themselves as being religious.
While some of them left over bitterness many left over other reasons.
Change to their mates religion
Moved out of the area
work hours conflict
health reasons
I'm not talking about the individuals who left those churches, I'm talking about mainline churches that support ss marriage.

I pastored a UCC church for 20 years and left the UCC. I attend an evangelical church with a large number of people who left those mainline churches. We have three services with 1500 to 2000 people in each service.

Liberal churches are the fastest shrinking and are noted as 'grayheaded' because of the lack of young people present.
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#48804 Jan 19, 2014
More people will become gay supporters when they find out how trendy and cool being gay is. Also the older homophobes will die and all that will be left are people who are taught about the gay life style from the age of 5.
Lou

Arlington, TX

#48805 Jan 19, 2014
Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
I wonder how long it will take for the left wing loons to mobilize in favor of marrying their own children ??

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#48806 Jan 19, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
More people will become gay supporters when they find out how trendy and cool being gay is. Also the older homophobes will die and all that will be left are people who are taught about the gay life style from the age of 5.
Lol, children were not taught those things.

Anal sex will still be inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Scientists will learn to erase epi-marker mistakes, making the sexual defect of homosexuality obsolete.

Get off those gay twirl sites and get an education.

Smile.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48808 Jan 19, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
as warped as your thinking is it nevertheless is a good example of another part of the gay agenda

GAY AGENDA indoctrination of the gay life into our educational system to gain acceptance making it easier to adopt and/or gain custody of any previous children from a former marriage.
It also makes it easier to gain support from non gays to vote for gay political candidates and for gay laws.

Your flaw is in the part that gay is trendy and cool. I'm no expert but i seriously doubt any gay person became gay because they thought it would trendy and cool.
IMHO they are born that way. How that occurs is the debatable part. Is it passed down even skipping a generation or two ? Is it in the DNA somewhere ? In the Genes ? Bad wiring in the brain ? I have no idea. But i'm sure scientist somewhere are looking into it. Probably not in the US. It will be interesting when they find the root cause of gay. You can bet if they do they'll also be looking to change it. Now that would be trendy and cool.

BTW the gay populations is only 3 - 4 percent. I don't think heterosexuals are going die out anytime soon. Gays on the hand ? Maybe.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48809 Jan 19, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it written in the Bible somewhere that Christ said you don't have to visit the man-made temple or shout it from the roof, but rather go quietly into your room and pray. If so, then why have churches? The church I attended years ago was more worried about taking your money through tithes to the point of making you feel guilty. ONE reason I've chosen to walk away.
true on the bible comment. Again i don't do quotes it leads to a tit4tat and i want to avoid that and rely on the main issue.
I believe God had that written for the shut-ins, the ill, the displaced, etc.
God wanted them to know his love was still there for them.
Now as for church and its usage ( bad term but it does reflect what you're getting at )
1 ) church offers to hear the word spoken out loud. It really does feel different.
2 ) church offers a chance to sing words of praise
3 ) church offers a chance to hear the bible explain fully not just in quotes
4 ) church offers fellowship - in many ways sharing the message - giving hope to those who feel lost - comfort to those have lost someone
5 ) church sponsors many causes boy/girl scouts missionary - work in foreign countries
6 ) churches help build schools, hospitals, homeless shelters, abuse centers, etc

all this would be impossible if everyone deserted the church.
Don't expect the gay agenda to any of this stuff.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#48810 Jan 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
as warped as your thinking is it nevertheless is a good example of another part of the gay agenda
GAY AGENDA indoctrination of the gay life into our educational system to gain acceptance making it easier to adopt and/or gain custody of any previous children from a former marriage.
You are going in the wrong direction, here. Part of the "gay agenda" is indeed helping gay kids in school (or kids who are bullied just for "seeming gay" to be accepted, and have to opportunity to get a good education without fearing for their lives.

However, custody battles are not a "gay thing". They are common in many divorce cases. What we would like to see end is the practice of gay people, out of fear, pretending to be straight and marrying heterosexuals in loveless marriages of convenience.

And, it seems we are succeeding, since we are indoctrinating children accept their gay peers, and not drive them into unhealthy closets. Our marriage master plan is working as well - so no gay person will feel pressured into ruining their life with a loveless marriage, or the life of the poor soul they marry. This is better for them, and their children.

But you needn't worry. Those of us raising kids are doing a good job. Our wonderful children are succeeding in every aspect in life, and, yes, they aren't afraid or irrationally suspicious of gay folks at all, and will teach their children to treat others as they would want to be treated.

Our Agenda is spreading!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#48811 Jan 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect the gay agenda to any of this stuff.
Part of the established Gay Agenda is freedom of religion. That means that those who choose can be free from religion, and religious doctrine, and others can practice their religion freely.

That's why there are so many gay Christians in this country. It's amazing how many there are, considering the Anti-Gay Agenda to marginalize them and drive them out of the Houses of God.

But God always cares for His children, even if they are persecuted it His name.
Quest

Boston, VA

#48812 Jan 19, 2014
Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how long it will take for the left wing loons to mobilize in favor of marrying their own children ??
That's not a problem, because - based on your post, and the posts of countless others - only right wing loons equate marrying adults with pedophilia and incest.

Liberals know the difference between adults and children.
Gay Activist

Excelsior, MN

#48813 Jan 19, 2014
Children must be taught as young as 5 about our life style. They are being denied by old homophobes who I hope will die soon . Like former Surgeon General Elders says, we should help them examine their sexuality.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#48815 Jan 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they are old, small and shrinking denominations that have gone apostate.
Keep spreading that lie too. Many UCC congregations have come back from the brink of extinctions BECAUSE they voted to become OnA. I can think of half a dozen not far from me that are thriving.

You also fail to mention that mainstream denominations, in general, have reduced numbers.
Why must you lie by omission, especially when the UCC used to be your employer?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#48816 Jan 19, 2014
Kiss My Azz wrote:
Your crazy if you don't believe gays doesn't want to for churches to marry them.
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev...
Hey Azzwipe, you're aware that this is an article from England, right? You're also aware that England isn't in Illinois, right?

If so, you should also be aware that the Illinois Civil Union bill and Marriage equality bill have protections for churches WRITTEN INTO THE BILL.

This is a non-issue. Congratulations on finding a link, like Earth Anal, which doesn't support your position.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#48817 Jan 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Old, small, and shrinking in membership describes most churches. And you can pick the reason why in any number of choices.
But i don't think i would use the word apostate to describe one of those choices.
Well, finally something we agree on. How do you feel about cinnamon swirl coffee cake?
Retardo

Terre Haute, IN

#48818 Jan 19, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it written in the Bible somewhere that Christ said you don't have to visit the man-made temple or shout it from the roof, but rather go quietly into your room and pray. If so, then why have churches? The church I attended years ago was more worried about taking your money through tithes to the point of making you feel guilty. ONE reason I've chosen to walk away.
That makes you me, RETARDO"....Get a life and just go home.
Retardo

Terre Haute, IN

#48819 Jan 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Azzwipe, you're aware that this is an article from England, right? You're also aware that England isn't in Illinois, right?
If so, you should also be aware that the Illinois Civil Union bill and Marriage equality bill have protections for churches WRITTEN INTO THE BILL.
This is a non-issue. Congratulations on finding a link, like Earth Anal, which doesn't support your position.
Hey "ManGina or Gina Man or whatever you are from your planet, get back in your ufo and buzzzzzz back home.
Retardo

Terre Haute, IN

#48820 Jan 19, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going in the wrong direction, here. Part of the "gay agenda" is indeed helping gay kids in school (or kids who are bullied just for "seeming gay" to be accepted, and have to opportunity to get a good education without fearing for their lives.
However, custody battles are not a "gay thing". They are common in many divorce cases. What we would like to see end is the practice of gay people, out of fear, pretending to be straight and marrying heterosexuals in loveless marriages of convenience.
And, it seems we are succeeding, since we are indoctrinating children accept their gay peers, and not drive them into unhealthy closets. Our marriage master plan is working as well - so no gay person will feel pressured into ruining their life with a loveless marriage, or the life of the poor soul they marry. This is better for them, and their children.
But you needn't worry. Those of us raising kids are doing a good job. Our wonderful children are succeeding in every aspect in life, and, yes, they aren't afraid or irrationally suspicious of gay folks at all, and will teach their children to treat others as they would want to be treated.
Our Agenda is spreading!
...I vomit on your so called agenda you sick homosexual. It is you and that is why we are in the mess we are in. Sicko! Barfffffffffffff.....
Retardo

Terre Haute, IN

#48821 Jan 19, 2014
Gay Activist wrote:
Children must be taught as young as 5 about our life style. They are being denied by old homophobes who I hope will die soon . Like former Surgeon General Elders says, we should help them examine their sexuality.
homosexual asstofist go suck on your agenda back in your closet and stay there and say oh whoa is me oh whoa is me oh whoa is me
Retardo

Terre Haute, IN

#48822 Jan 19, 2014
Homosexuals better think again on this site if they think everyone they will find with love-e-dov-e and I-agree-with-you with EVERTHING they have to say on their agenda here. Not "ALL" agree with your lifestyle! Go ahead and say what is on your mind for you cannot offend me. This is America along with freedom of speech. Expect the responses that you get but do not be offended. You believe in you and I believe in me! Ya see, I can be a nice human......
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#48823 Jan 19, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
hey glad you saw the light.
Hmmmm..... intellectual dishonesty. Imagine that....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min flack 1,432,924
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dale 225,397
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min CrunchyBacon 103,630
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,490
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,558
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,709
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 71,057

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages