Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48590 Jan 17, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, again you show the love of Jesus to others, drawing them into the embrace of His compassion and gentle care ...
Why pretend to be Christian? At least admit that you work for another creature entirely. Own it.
lets look at this seriously
1 ) how would you know if he is christian or not ? you can't see if he has a relationship with God.
2 ) look at the attacks Christians get in this thread. Why would anyone falsely admit to being a Christian and have to deal with that unless they really were a Christian.
3 ) he obviously isn't gay.
4 ) he obviously isn't one of those phony fence sitter who pretend not to really care one way or another. They always give it away at some point that they support or are gay.

So really the only thing he can be is a Christian.
But i get it. You think just because he ticks you off he must be a sinner therefore he can't be a Christian. News Flash Christians are the only ones who actually do admit to being a sinners.
When was the last time a gay admitted to be a sinner ?
Would Dusty admit to it ? no way !

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#48591 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
1 ) how would you know if he is christian or not ? you can't see if he has a relationship with God.
.!
And yet he judges all gay folks by denying that THEY can have a relationship with God. Is that what Jesus said a Christian should be - a judge of the souls of others, with the ability to condemn them in His Place?

Can you point me to the scriptures where this is explained?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#48592 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
2 ) look at the attacks Christians get in this thread. Why would anyone falsely admit to being a Christian and have to deal with that unless they really were a Christian.
...!
Look at the attacks received by gay folks on this thread, on these forums, and out there in the real world. Obviously no one would willingly CHOOSE to be gay just to face that sort of hatred, now would they?

Ohhh, but you claim we DO?

And I never said he was gay. He may be, but there is no way to know short of hooking him up to a few well placed electrodes and testing his responses. It has been shown that many of the most obsessed and anti-gay do indeed feel attraction toward the same gender. Well adjusted and healthy straight folks don't obsess over this sort of thing.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48593 Jan 17, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet he judges all gay folks by denying that THEY can have a relationship with God. Is that what Jesus said a Christian should be - a judge of the souls of others, with the ability to condemn them in His Place?
Can you point me to the scriptures where this is explained?
i dont play that game and have said so many times.
doing bible quotes
1 ) they get taken out of context
2 ) who's bible version do you use - they can and do vary
3 ) it become a tit4tat back and forth
4 ) the bible is meant to be read a whole. that is the only way to get the full message

again you dont know his relationship with God.
God has sent many a messenger to speak out to the sinners and many of them were sinners too
i personally been called names and insults here. Meanwhile you guys just say get over it.
Maybe you guys should get over it ??
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48594 Jan 17, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the attacks received by gay folks on this thread, on these forums, and out there in the real world. Obviously no one would willingly CHOOSE to be gay just to face that sort of hatred, now would they?
Ohhh, but you claim we DO?
And I never said he was gay. He may be, but there is no way to know short of hooking him up to a few well placed electrodes and testing his responses. It has been shown that many of the most obsessed and anti-gay do indeed feel attraction toward the same gender. Well adjusted and healthy straight folks don't obsess over this sort of thing.
wrong again i never claimed you CHOOSE to be gay
i have no idea why you're gay
hopefully someday you'll find a way to fix it.

if you can't tell if he is gay or not then you certainly can't tell if he's a Christian or not.
you can't have it both ways.
you lose this one now go relax have breakfast life is good
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#48595 Jan 17, 2014
Freedom of Speech
Noneya wrote:
Constitution
Ace

Benton, IL

#48596 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't tell if he is gay or not then you certainly can't tell if he's a Christian or not.
I believe being a TRUE gay is not a choice. I also believe there is many perverts that claim to be gay just so they can have it both ways.
I do have the Ultimate Respect for the gays that has went through the expense, pain and suffering to fix mother natures screw up with the surgical procedures. These people sacrificed, not just cried.
Disagree

United States

#48597 Jan 17, 2014
Not a valid point
Ace

Benton, IL

#48598 Jan 17, 2014
My own comment brought up an interesting question for me. Dusty if your so called husband had a sex change operation, would you still love him and stay married to him? He would still be the same person just without a penis.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48599 Jan 17, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I believe being a TRUE gay is not a choice. I also believe there is many perverts that claim to be gay just so they can have it both ways.
I do have the Ultimate Respect for the gays that has went through the expense, pain and suffering to fix mother natures screw up with the surgical procedures. These people sacrificed, not just cried.
i agree TRUE gays do not choose it nor is it a choice for them.
i think the perverts have ruin it for gays.
it does make it hard sometimes to tell them apart. Especially when you got gays like Dusty who fly off the handle at the hint of a debate.
i think its really a thin line between gays and the perverts.

i think you were referring to those who undergo a sex change.
Not sure i want to really call them gay. Once they become a woman MEDICALLY in my humble opinion they are a women. So if they are with a male its pretty much a heterosexual relationship. Weird but still heterosexual in practicality.
And good luck to them. They are true believers in what they are doing.
Ace

Benton, IL

#48600 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree TRUE gays do not choose it nor is it a choice for them.
i think the perverts have ruin it for gays.
it does make it hard sometimes to tell them apart. Especially when you got gays like Dusty who fly off the handle at the hint of a debate.
i think its really a thin line between gays and the perverts.
i think you were referring to those who undergo a sex change.
Not sure i want to really call them gay. Once they become a woman MEDICALLY in my humble opinion they are a women. So if they are with a male its pretty much a heterosexual relationship. Weird but still heterosexual in practicality.
And good luck to them. They are true believers in what they are doing.
That was my question for Dusty. Being gay and married to a man, is it just the male attraction or the people thing? If Dusty's husband had a sex change operation, would Dusty still be sexually attracted to him and stay with him, or divorce him and seek another man. Dusty's partner would still be the same person male or female. If a gay man would stay with the same partner even after a sex change operation. why not just seek a female in the first place? If Dusty said he would divorce his husband after a sex change operation, I would understand more.
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#48601 Jan 17, 2014
Ace wrote:
My own comment brought up an interesting question for me. Dusty if your so called husband had a sex change operation, would you still love him and stay married to him? He would still be the same person just without a penis.
......Now wait a darn minute here Ace!. This really,really,really,really proves that you are "STUPID!" As I fly from Miami today to Denver, I will always be thinking about of how "STUPID" you are. Oh yeah, and the horse you rode in on!
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#48602 Jan 17, 2014
I vote we all pitch in and get you an operation. One that will give you both a penis and vagina.
Then you can go **** yourself.
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>......Now wait a darn minute here Ace!. This really,really,really,really proves that you are "STUPID!" As I fly from Miami today to Denver, I will always be thinking about of how "STUPID" you are. Oh yeah, and the horse you rode in on!
Jeeesus Sheeeria

Philadelphia, PA

#48603 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you would know if they came with instructions or not.
In either case I don't need instructions to know which way is up, or to tell elbow from ahole, etc., like the closet case fundies and trolls do.
Jeeesus Sheeeria

Philadelphia, PA

#48604 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
4 ) he obviously isn't one of those phony fence sitter who pretend not to really care one way or another. They always give it away at some point that they support or are gay.
So really the only thing he can be is a Christian.
But i get it. You think just because he ticks you off he must be a sinner therefore he can't be a Christian. News Flash Christians are the only ones who actually do admit to being a sinners.
When was the last time a gay admitted to be a sinner ?
Would Dusty admit to it ? no way !
It's talibangelicals being attacked. That's not the same as Christians, Jethro.

If all you evilgelicals are so upset by "sin" then go rail equally about those who covet. That's a Commandment, after all, Cletus.
Jeeesus Sheeeria

Philadelphia, PA

#48605 Jan 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
We know why you say stupid things, though.

And there will be no cure save demography.

Amen.
R U Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#48606 Jan 17, 2014
truth wrote:
I vote we all pitch in and get you an operation. One that will give you both a penis and vagina.
Then you can go **** yourself.
<quoted text>
......Giddy-up you homosexual.......
Ace

Benton, IL

#48607 Jan 17, 2014
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>......Now wait a darn minute here Ace!. This really,really,really,really proves that you are "STUPID!" As I fly from Miami today to Denver, I will always be thinking about of how "STUPID" you are. Oh yeah, and the horse you rode in on!
Stupid is as stupid does. And stupid never has an answer, just stupid attacks. Have a nice flight stupid. I hope your plane don't crash :-)
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#48608 Jan 17, 2014
Ride - em cowboy you dumbsheet!
R U Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>......Giddy-up you homosexual.......
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#48609 Jan 17, 2014
Jeeesus Sheeeria wrote:
<quoted text>
In either case I don't need instructions to know which way is up, or to tell elbow from ahole, etc., like the closet case fundies and trolls do.
hey i would never call Dusty those names and you shouldn't either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Bob53 1,550,075
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min loose cannon 241,697
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,862
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 8 hr patosm 213
last post wins! (Apr '13) 10 hr honeymylove 2,555
last post wins! (Dec '10) 10 hr honeymylove 3,184
Spanx-they're for me. 13 hr Odoriferous 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages