Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#47966 Jan 10, 2014
Mr. Man, you have your panties in a twist. Sad face.:-(

Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479573 hrs ago

Judged:Spam5Offtopic5Disagree5
LOL in his case a STUPID troll who outed himself
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479582 hrs ago

REGISTERED wingless angel = stupid troll screen named truth
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479592 hrs ago

Judged:Funny5Nuts5Disagree5
evil is always exposed in the light of God
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479611 hr ago

Judged:Clueless5Nuts5Disagree5
http://www.youdebate.com/DEBATES/gay_adoption ...

great reading material i especially liked this part

Stability is the key to raising an emotionally and mentally healthy child; unmarried and homosexual partners simply cannot provide the stability that married heterosexual couples can give. "Children need a role model, both male and female. Every child has the right to both a mother and a father,". Homosexual activists put their personal desires above the rights of these children to have a chance at a normal family life with a father and mother
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47968 Jan 10, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Mr. Man, you have your panties in a twist. Sad face.:-(
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479573 hrs ago
LOL in his case a STUPID troll who outed himself
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479582 hrs ago
REGISTERED wingless angel = stupid troll screen named truth
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479592 hrs ago
Judged:Funny5Nuts5Disagree5
evil is always exposed in the light of God
Wingless Angel
Kenosha, WI
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#479611 hr ago
Judged:Clueless5Nuts5Disagree5
http://www.youdebate.com/DEBATES/gay_adoption ...
Stability is the key to raising an emotionally and mentally healthy child; unmarried and homosexual partners simply cannot provide the stability that married heterosexual couples can give. "Children need a role model, both male and female. Every child has the right to both a mother and a father,". Homosexual activists put their personal desires above the rights of these children to have a chance at a normal family life with a father and mother
as usual all you can do is attack the poster.
you can't post on the issue you have to ignore the issue because you can win a real debate on issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#47969 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
http://www.youdebate.com/DEBAT ES/gay_adoption.HTM
My children are very happy and well balanced children. They have no problem with having two mothers. My daughter proudly calls my partner her other mother. They have every bit of stability that any other household has. They both participate in band and other extracurricular activities, both have best friends whose families don't care about the fact that their mother is a lesbian. In fact, both of their best friends spend the night here, and it is just the same as at a heterosexual household. None of their friends judge them, none of their classmates pick on them because of this.

I will explain my background and you tell me what is better for my children... I hid the fact that I was a lesbian from my family most of my life... I was very unhappy. I did not want to be with a man... a penis is disgusting for me. I married, though, to keep my family happy and to do what I thought I had to do to be "normal". The man I married was very emotionally and psychologically abusive. I was put down on a regular basis (in front of my children). I was yelled at, called names, belittled... he controlled everything. I had no access to money except what he gave me for groceries. I was told that I was worthless, evil, crazy, horrible... All in front of my children. He was also physically abusive to the children and would beat them with a belt. I took all I could take. I didn't even want to be with a man, let alone an abusive one. So, I divorced him and found a female partner. My female partner is the total opposite of my ex. I am treated with respect and love, and to top it off, this feels right for me. I don't have to fake being in love to make my family happy. My family has all met her, they all love her and accept her. They are happy that I am finally happy. They were in shock when I told them I was only with a man to make them happy and said I should not have done that. The only good thing that came of it was my children. When I went to court, guess who got custody? Not the abusive father... even in TX, such a conservative place, the lesbian mother got custody. So here is what I want you to tell me... which situation is better for my children? Living in an abusive heterosexual home, or living in a homosexual home where they feel more loved and secure than they ever had in the past?
Ralph

Benton, IL

#47970 Jan 10, 2014
Do I detect a Bromance taking place?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TV Director

Terre Haute, IN

#47972 Jan 10, 2014
Question???....Which of these are true; Humpty Dumpty? Homosexuals? Jack and the Bean Stalk?....The correct answer is "Humpty Dumpty" because this really happened!....Now for Homosexuals and Jack and the Bean Stalk, that is all "FAIRY" Tales. Hope everyone passed. Should anyone fail, please keep trying until you pass! Thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Equal Protection"”

Since: May 10

Where the winds blow heavy

#47973 Jan 10, 2014
TV Director wrote:
Question???....Which of these are true; Humpty Dumpty? Homosexuals? Jack and the Bean Stalk?....The correct answer is "Humpty Dumpty" because this really happened!....Now for Homosexuals and Jack and the Bean Stalk, that is all "FAIRY" Tales. Hope everyone passed. Should anyone fail, please keep trying until you pass! Thank you.
Sorry off topic and irrelevant ! The real fairy tale is the bible,any sane logically thinking person recognizes that fact ! Move along now or get on topic,marriage equality in this great country !
Scott

United States

#47974 Jan 11, 2014
JESUS said:
He answered, "Haven't you read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said,'For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall join to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh?' So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man tear apart."

Mathew 19:4-6

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47975 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
What is profoundly revealing is the negative judgments ~ 13!

Rather than acknowledging a valid point, especially in consideration of a child's welfare, gays defend the indefensible AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CHILD.

Not just sad, but depraved.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47976 Jan 11, 2014
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
My children are very happy and well balanced children. They have no problem with having two mothers. My daughter proudly calls my partner her other mother. They have every bit of stability that any other household has. They both participate in band and other extracurricular activities, both have best friends whose families don't care about the fact that their mother is a lesbian. In fact, both of their best friends spend the night here, and it is just the same as at a heterosexual household. None of their friends judge them, none of their classmates pick on them because of this.
I will explain my background and you tell me what is better for my children... I hid the fact that I was a lesbian from my family most of my life... I was very unhappy. I did not want to be with a man... a penis is disgusting for me. I married, though, to keep my family happy and to do what I thought I had to do to be "normal". The man I married was very emotionally and psychologically abusive. I was put down on a regular basis (in front of my children). I was yelled at, called names, belittled... he controlled everything. I had no access to money except what he gave me for groceries. I was told that I was worthless, evil, crazy, horrible... All in front of my children. He was also physically abusive to the children and would beat them with a belt. I took all I could take. I didn't even want to be with a man, let alone an abusive one. So, I divorced him and found a female partner. My female partner is the total opposite of my ex. I am treated with respect and love, and to top it off, this feels right for me. I don't have to fake being in love to make my family happy. My family has all met her, they all love her and accept her. They are happy that I am finally happy. They were in shock when I told them I was only with a man to make them happy and said I should not have done that. The only good thing that came of it was my children. When I went to court, guess who got custody? Not the abusive father... even in TX, such a conservative place, the lesbian mother got custody. So here is what I want you to tell me... which situation is better for my children? Living in an abusive heterosexual home, or living in a homosexual home where they feel more loved and secure than they ever had in the past?
1. A child has one mother and one father by nature's design, they deserve and need both.

2. There rate of domestic violence is higher in lesbian relationships than in marriage.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47977 Jan 11, 2014
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
with all due respect you may not really know how it affects them.
Kids often hid the negatives in their lives from their parents. Especially bullies in school.
Many times when kids commit suicide everyone around them including the parents are dumbfounded by it. They can't imagine the kid they thought was so happy was actually in torment. And that happens even in normal situations.
Just imagine the added pressure of gay parents.
And don't give me this nonsense its a wonderful happy life.
I see the gay hate and gay agenda in here all the time.
The article i posted talks to the ENTIRE issue it doesn't cherry pic individuals who happen not to fit into the majority. From the sound of your comments you are not of the majority of gays.
And that is if what you said is true. I stand by my above comments. Your kids may be having a harder time dealing with it then you realize. Take a more honest look. Not your rosy everything is fine in gay land look.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47978 Jan 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What is profoundly revealing is the negative judgments ~ 13!
Rather than acknowledging a valid point, especially in consideration of a child's welfare, gays defend the indefensible AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CHILD.
Not just sad, but depraved.
i love that article some great truths in it.
Gays hate to be called out on their gay agenda. It shows them for who they are.
Its all about them and not about anyone else not even the kids.
TV Director

Terre Haute, IN

#47980 Jan 11, 2014
Event Horizon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry off topic and irrelevant ! The real fairy tale is the bible,any sane logically thinking person recognizes that fact ! Move along now or get on topic,marriage equality in this great country !
......Sorry! You must be Jack and the Bean Stalk!!!!.... And for marriage equality that you mentioned, well that leaves the last answer of the three! Congratulations, you officially passed the test!......
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47981 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you never heard of brain food.
I guess you never heard of METAPHOR.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47982 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual all you can do is attack the poster.
you can't post on the issue you have to ignore the issue because you can win a real debate on issues.
Are you for real? Look at that post again.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47983 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
Stability is the key to raising an emotionally and mentally healthy child; unmarried and homosexual partners simply cannot provide the stability that married heterosexual couples can give.
Of course there is no evidence to back up that claim, but then you wing-nuts don't care about evidence. Your whole entire world is based on nothing but wishful thinking.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47984 Jan 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you never heard of METAPHOR.
METAPHOR ? sorry i don't watch Anime
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47985 Jan 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? Look at that post again.
ok it should have been can't instead of can
but i was sure i wrote it for Dusty
you see Dusty would understand that i misspelled it. Dusty is into pure hate he doesn't usually bother with correcting grammar or spelling.
You on the other hand are a picky whinny person.
hummm hard to tell which is worse.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47986 Jan 11, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is no evidence to back up that claim, but then you wing-nuts don't care about evidence. Your whole entire world is based on nothing but wishful thinking.
yeah yeah yeah
since you can't debate it therefore it must be wrong.
once again you got nothing to add.
that was an awesome link. I should re post it soon.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47987 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
METAPHOR ? sorry i don't watch Anime
Well there it is.... ignorance on display.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47988 Jan 11, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah yeah yeah
since you can't debate it therefore it must be wrong.
once again you got nothing to add.
that was an awesome link. I should re post it soon.
You think making up your own 'facts' is adding something to a debate? What good are your points if you can't prove them? And when you get asked for proof, you go into full on attack mode.

Prove your stupid points or STFU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,405,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Dr Guru 219,592
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr Tip Stixx 38
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 103,234
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,258
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 1,804

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages