Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

truth

Saint Louis, MO

#47910 Jan 10, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really too bad that you have no idea what you are copy and pasting.
Why don't you try to explain it then? I bet you can't.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#47911 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
show me where i quoted the bible
instead of your stupid rant try reading what other posters write.
And maybe you might get it right.
More then once i spoke out AGAINST cherry picking the bible because it leads to stupid rants like yours.
So DON'T ever accuse me of cherry picking and quoting the bible unless you can back it up.
In the post I quoted you demanded that the person read the Bible. I started pointing out the insanity contained within that book. You are cherry picking if you choose to focus on it's prohibitions against gay sex while ignoring all of the other behaviors common to our society that it also prohibits. When you choose to hold that part up as sacred and ignore the other things that you and your family are guilty of it is the definition of cherry picking.

Do you eat bacon or ham? What about shrimp and crab? Those are also abominations in the eyes of the Lord. Meaning they are on equal footing with homosexuality. Yet you aren't whining about the bacon eaters. Cherry picker.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#47912 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
See this why i don't jump and answer questions when someone wants to rag on me.
Even when you show them the answers you always get a fool to try and insult.
Not happening. Its a cool and REAL picture.
Show me the answers? Your post about the hand of god is no more relevant to proving God's existence than the rock formation known as the devil's tollgate is to proving the existence of the devil.

Besides, when they call it the "Hand of God" they are talking about Zeus, obviously.

“Christmas Spirit”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#47913 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
nice language so typical of gays.
Stereotyping again? So typical of bigots.

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#47914 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
http://www.space.com/24225-han d-of-god-photo-nasa-telescope. html
Hand of God photo the proof doesn't get any better.
even NASA recognizes the Hand of God.
What is this proof of exactly?

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#47915 Jan 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
I've posted medical verification.
I've even used the animal kingdom that gays love to use, noting that ss anal sex is used by some as an expression of domination.
This, despite the fact that common sense has told that to every culture in history!
Enduring a gay troll hate attack simply because I note the anus is not made for intercourse is vicious bullying.
Get real.
Your obsession over what other men do with their dicks is duly noted. Can you advise who assigned you to dick patrol?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#47916 Jan 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In the post I quoted you demanded that the person read the Bible. I started pointing out the insanity contained within that book. You are cherry picking if you choose to focus on it's prohibitions against gay sex while ignoring all of the other behaviors common to our society that it also prohibits. When you choose to hold that part up as sacred and ignore the other things that you and your family are guilty of it is the definition of cherry picking.
Do you eat bacon or ham? What about shrimp and crab? Those are also abominations in the eyes of the Lord. Meaning they are on equal footing with homosexuality. Yet you aren't whining about the bacon eaters. Cherry picker.
All of those things went went away with the coming of JESUS.... You really don't know anything about the BIBLE do you.......

“Christmas Spirit”

Location hidden

#47917 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously IGNORED the entire back and forth conversation and only concentrated on what i wrote.
If you're going to do that you miss what its about.
that is what happens when you cherry pick conversations
And it wasn't to you or about you
so i really don't care what you think or have to say about it.
AS I SAID TO SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO ATTACK ME OR POSTERS WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY IS MEANINGLESS TO ME.
post your own views if you disagree with someone
Have you always been such a cry baby?
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#47918 Jan 10, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
All of those things went went away with the coming of JESUS.... You really don't know anything about the BIBLE do you.......
Actually I studied for year. Jesus came to fulfill the law, not replace it. You are confused.

Try Matthew 5:17.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#47919 Jan 10, 2014
*for years.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#47920 Jan 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I studied for year. Jesus came to fulfill the law, not replace it. You are confused.
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Meaning the 10 commandments. Sermon on the Mount.
Ace

Benton, IL

#47921 Jan 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct! That is why Jesus didn't get into the subject of homosexuals much. Gods law was the bottom line on homosexuals acts and Jesus didn't have anything to fulfill or replace.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47922 Jan 10, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I never DEMANDED anyone read the bible. i RECOMMENDED it big difference.
again i never quoted bible so you can't say i cherry pick
its YOU who cherry picks
i believe if you read the entire bible as a whole you then get then meaning of sin and forgiveness.
and you can quote me on that. But you wont. It doesn't fit your twist on what i said.
as long you you twist the words of me and others you can't be taklen seriously.
MAKE YOUR OWN POINTS AND DEFEND YOUR POINTS as i have mine.
but you won't
you dont have any points of your own. All you can do is try and attack others by twisting their words. You have nothing of your own.
At least Dusty will try and make a point about gay marriage. I disagree with him but at least he promotes his own views.
You have none.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47923 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
well i don't want to really take credit for that. God mentioned it in his autobiography.
You should read it its titled The Bible.
You would be amazed at how many people read it every day and even quote from it.
And it covers everything about life and how we should live and treat others.
Even though you're a sinner you too can be saved.
Amazing as it sounds even Dusty has a shot at heaven. Yeah i know go figure.
But its true. Its really simple too.
Just believe in him, really mean it when you ask for forgiveness, and know in your heart he can and will forgive you. Then go out and try your best ( even though you'll fail ) at doing what you know in your heart God would want you to do.
Simple huh !
Oh, I've read your book of Jewish folklore. It's right up there with Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes. You can believe that serpents can talk and the fruit of a tree imparts knowledge if it makes you happy. Just don't expect everyone else to be as gullible and nave as you. And don't expect everyone else to buy into the set-up of 'original sin.' Some of us actually use our brains.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#47924 Jan 10, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
http://www.space.com/24225-han d-of-god-photo-nasa-telescope. html
Hand of God photo the proof doesn't get any better.
even NASA recognizes the Hand of God.
You can't be serious....
airplane

Saint Louis, MO

#47925 Jan 10, 2014
I am serious and don't call me Shirley!!!!
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious....
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47926 Jan 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
. You can believe that serpents can talk and the fruit of a tree imparts knowledge i
i guess you never heard of brain food.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47927 Jan 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious....
you saw the link and the headline
i didn't make it up.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47928 Jan 10, 2014
airplane wrote:
I am serious and don't call me Shirley!!!!
<quoted text>
what happened did you lose your TRUTH screen name.
let me guess next you'll be using my screen name again
a few good

Saint Louis, MO

#47929 Jan 10, 2014
You can't handle the "truth"!!!!
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what happened did you lose your TRUTH screen name.
let me guess next you'll be using my screen name again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,681,141
UN Troops? 10 min UN Troops R Here 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Alain Vain 11,727
White house press core 5 hr ACE MAN 1 2
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr honeymylove 3,750
booker 6 hr AMERICAN PATRIOT 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages