Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52051 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47706 Jan 6, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the kicker is that you got nothing. You never have, and you never will.
Jonah, look at the anger you are expressing!

Get help. Seriously.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47707 Jan 6, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
See, here's the problem with getting your news from FauxNews. A "stay" doesn't mean that the S.C. is backing Utah. It's a temporary "time out" until they've had more time to consider the matter (which they'll probably do soon).
And, once again, voters don't get to determine rights. If voters want to affect law-making, they elect politicians with the same ideals. In each and every case where there has been a referendum denying marriage equality, it will be overturned.
what happened did you get tired of posting under the name of Jonah1 ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pointless

Westville, IL

#47708 Jan 6, 2014
Hey I have an idea...why don't you all endlessly argue personal opinion, on a 4 year old post, until you are blue in the faces. I bet in one or two more years you guys will change each other minds... Give it up, quit wasting your time trying to convince each other to think the same way.

With all the time you guys have wasted on here,trying to argue opinion, you guys could have put the time into something worthwhile, and actually had something tangible in return. It is America though and you are free to piss your time away as you like. Remember, you don't get any time back.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#47709 Jan 6, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
we just wan them to stay out of our church when they want to pretend at being married.
Why do you keep repeating this lie? WWJD?
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47710 Jan 6, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep repeating this lie? WWJD?
no thanks i usually listen to WISN or WLS

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47711 Jan 6, 2014
Pointless wrote:
Hey I have an idea...why don't you all endlessly argue personal opinion, on a 4 year old post, until you are blue in the faces. I bet in one or two more years you guys will change each other minds... Give it up, quit wasting your time trying to convince each other to think the same way.
With all the time you guys have wasted on here,trying to argue opinion, you guys could have put the time into something worthwhile, and actually had something tangible in return. It is America though and you are free to piss your time away as you like. Remember, you don't get any time back.
I see you decided to join us in our time wasting endeavor or are you here to replace Dusty while he returns back to the mental ward..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47712 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah, look at the anger you are expressing!
Get help. Seriously.
Fundie 101. When you have no valid argument, refer to your opponent as angry. What a tired routine that is you old cur.

Look everyone, the pervert with the anal sex obsession wants someone else to get help!!!!!! Isn't that a hoot!!!

Location hidden

#47713 Jan 6, 2014
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie 101. When you have no valid argument, refer to your opponent as angry. What a tired routine that is you old cur.
Look everyone, the pervert with the anal sex obsession wants someone else to get help!!!!!! Isn't that a hoot!!!
I don't have to 'refer' anything. Your anger is obvious even in your response.

And pointing out the simple fact that anal abuse is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning is hardly perverted. You seriously have that backwards...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47714 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to 'refer' anything. Your anger is obvious even in your response.
Stupid fundies, thinking they have magical insight into other people's emotional states! You people and your imaginary super powers are a hoot.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And pointing out the simple fact that anal abuse is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning is hardly perverted. You seriously have that backwards...
Who had mentioned anal abuse? Oh, that's right, absolutely no one.

Smile cur.
Ace

Benton, IL

#47715 Jan 6, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
See, here's the problem with getting your news from FauxNews. A "stay" doesn't mean that the S.C. is backing Utah. It's a temporary "time out" until they've had more time to consider the matter (which they'll probably do soon).
And, once again, voters don't get to determine rights. If voters want to affect law-making, they elect politicians with the same ideals. In each and every case where there has been a referendum denying marriage equality, it will be overturned.
I get much of my info from Fox News. Fox News is the most trusted news station on tv with the most viewers and highest ratings. With CNN coming in second. The most liberal news station on tv is MSNBC, coming in dead last on ratings and viewers. Only the gays, illegals, and people wanting more free handouts watches the Obama news station MSNBC News.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Benton, IL

#47716 Jan 6, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You were okay with just "life isn't fair" part. Everyone is born with an equal opportunity to become unequal.
However, then you went on, and ruined your stance on the issue by babbling nonsense.
1)Gays can't reproduce- while this is true, there are literally thousands of children that have been brought into the world by straight people that have been orphaned and/or abused. I, for one, would much rather have an innocent child brought up in a loving environment with two caring parents, than to leave the child in an unloving and uncaring environment where it is doomed to fail before being given an adequate chance at life.
2)Gays will cost society more money, due to an increased chance of AIDS- All right, the huge AIDS/HIV fear argument was very popular in the 90's, before people were required to have the in-depth sex education courses we have now. AIDS is spread when people engage in sexual acts with partners that either aren't informed of their partner having AIDS, which is illegal, and/or improper usage of the proper preventative measures. AIDS exists in society, sure, however, it is not exclusive to the gay community, nor should it be used as leverage against homosexuals. You make it sound as though being gay puts you at higher risk to be infected, which is untrue. Having sex with an HIV positive partner, puts you at a higher risk. Being gay does not handicap the judgment of an individual to engage in safe sex. If you're trying to use the anal sex argument, well, I'm afraid that as of 2010, more straight couples are engaging in anal activities than ever before, and, therefore, we're all at higher risk.
3) Children will be socially handicapped for having gay parents-
The reason that children are currently teased for having gay parents, is because straight parents and religious zealots tend to spout off at the mouth about how it is "wrong" or "immoral" for gays to be together. Most children don't have any concept of why being gay is wrong, they've simply been told that it's wrong, and go on believing that that must make it wrong. As gays become less discriminated against, the traditional outlook that being gay makes someone inferior will work its way out of society, and stop being an issue for children. If parents think it's wrong to be gay, that's fine, but don't plant a seed of hate in an innocent child when the only defense you have against gays is that they are different, and so you don't like them.
*Disclaimer: I am a young, straight, married male. This is purely my opinion.
"If parents think it's wrong to be gay, that's fine, but don't plant a seed of hate in an innocent child when the only defense you have against gays is that they are different, and so you don't like them."

It's a parents job to teach their children good morals! I have said in the past, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47717 Jan 6, 2014
i call it the PMSNBC station

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#47718 Jan 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I get much of my info from Fox News. Fox News is the most trusted news station on tv with the most viewers and highest ratings. With CNN coming in second. The most liberal news station on tv is MSNBC, coming in dead last on ratings and viewers. Only the gays, illegals, and people wanting more free handouts watches the Obama news station MSNBC News.
I think you meant MSNBS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47719 Jan 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant MSNBS.
i was joking about the comment in post # 47715

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#47720 Jan 6, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i was joking about the comment in post # 47715
I know.

I wasn't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im Still Here

Dublin, CA

#47721 Jan 6, 2014
Pointless wrote:
No,what you should say is since the question of this thread has been settled once and for all it's time to move on to yet another state to begin the debate again,that is until the question of the new state being debated is also settled ! What is it now,17 states? Geez,you bigots are running out of states fast ! By the end of the decade the question will be settled once and for all ! But I'm sure you'll still be pissing and moaning into the wind though,it's just that the wind will be blowing back your way,blowing that piss right back in your face ! LoL
louis louis

Metropolis, IL

#47725 Jan 6, 2014
I don't understand the question
I Am Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

#47727 Jan 6, 2014
Ok......Everyone in here just stop what you are talking about and take a big deep breath!.....Now hold it!.....Now let it out!.....Now all aliens from the planet Uranus repeat after me 3 times; "I Am Stupid!" "I Am Stupid!" "I Am Stupid!"......Thank you and now you may continue your stupid mentality belief! Take care and have a nice day!........
I Hate You More

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#47728 Jan 6, 2014
Former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield said that being gay “ain’t normal” in a conversation broadcast on the U.K. version of reality show “Big Brother.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“DoesTheNoiseInMy HeadBotherYou?”

Since: Jan 11

Big Sur California

#47730 Jan 6, 2014
I Am Stupid wrote:
Ok......Everyone in here just stop what you are talking about and take a big deep breath!.....Now hold it!.....Now let it out!.....Now all aliens from the planet Uranus repeat after me 3 times; "I Am Stupid!" "I Am Stupid!" "I Am Stupid!"......Thank you and now you may continue your stupid mentality belief! Take care and have a nice day!........
Yes,you're right,you are stupid ! Now move along little boy,the question of this thread is now moot ! Equality won and you lost ! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Canuk 1,604,112
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 105,272
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
Dum black cops 7 hr Frankie 1
National FELON League 8 hr Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 9 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 9 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages