Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52052 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47654 Jan 5, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a heart of gold I can assure you. I'm probably generous to a fault to the point of struggling myself. I had a great Christian friend who I confided in and it was her that got me into the church. She knew I was in an abusive relationship but convinced me to stay married because divorce was a sin. It got to the point where I had to bundle my kids up and leave my husband when he left the house. I hid out for 6 weeks in the bush. That Christian 'friend' no longer talks to me! I help the homeless, overseas (penpal to an African fellow on death row), disabled Olympics, animals....you name it.
The Bible excuses divorce for adultery, abandonment and abuse.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bills Still Right

Dublin, CA

#47655 Jan 5, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some animals are known to have engaged in homosexual acts if lacking the opposite sex. Don't read this the wrong way....I'm not referring to inmates as animals (although some are).
And here you go rabnew ! Homosexuality in the animal kingdom ! Hope this helps,over 1,500 examples of it !

http://www.health.am/sex/more/1500-animal_spe...
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47656 Jan 5, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me...have you posted anything here on Topix that would lead us to believe you deserve any respect?
You poor persecuted Christian...
my fan club is growing.
My point was none of you gays have ever shown any Christian in here respect.
Yet you would accuse us ( well at least me ) of not showing you respect.

I couldn't possible if i tried to insult you as much as you have towards me.
And i certainly won't use the foul language that was spoken to me on many an occasion in here.
As for what is deserved God will make that decision not me and not you either.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bills Still Right

Dublin, CA

#47657 Jan 5, 2014
well

Mchenry, IL

#47658 Jan 5, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
my fan club is growing.
My point was none of you gays have ever shown any Christian in here respect.
Yet you would accuse us ( well at least me ) of not showing you respect.
I couldn't possible if i tried to insult you as much as you have towards me.
And i certainly won't use the foul language that was spoken to me on many an occasion in here.
As for what is deserved God will make that decision not me and not you either.
Sweetie, we have been over this many times already...I am straight, a happily married woman with children and grandchildren.

All I have seen from you on this forum is you waving your flag of Christianity proudly while proclaiming all gays are liars, etc. Have you said anything here that deserves respect from any one? You have done nothing to demonstrate Christian love, you are only here to spread fear and hatred. You know it, I know it...every one knows it!
Straight Sh00ter

United States

#47661 Jan 5, 2014
States that legalize gayness or weed should lose all federal funding, including social security payments to residents thereof.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
well

Mchenry, IL

#47662 Jan 5, 2014
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
States that legalize gayness or weed should lose all federal funding, including social security payments to residents thereof.
OK and all Churches should lose their tax exempt status for sticking their noses into government...where their noses don't belong.

“"The 14th Amendment Works"”

Since: Jul 13

Livermore California

#47663 Jan 5, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....thank you! Excellent article and very interesting.
Yes,it is interesting isn't it ! I mean we are all still members of the animal kingdom so I guess that would mean the very definition of "Natural" if it takes place in the animal kingdom,much more than previously thought ! You have TOPIX mail by the way ! ;)
wtf

Vienna, VA

#47665 Jan 5, 2014
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
States that legalize gayness or weed should lose all federal funding, including social security payments to residents thereof.
Hahaha wow how about we pull that bible out of your ass. Weed has done nothing but good things. It would help out the economy and bring jobs. Please get off your high horse weed is lot better then alcohol
Earl

Austin, TX

#47668 Jan 5, 2014
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you email him so you two can meet up for gay sex?
Yep,$3 Bill is trolling for d!ck.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#47670 Jan 5, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, we have been over this many times already...I am straight, a happily married woman with children and grandchildren.
All I have seen from you on this forum is you waving your flag of Christianity proudly while proclaiming all gays are liars, etc. Have you said anything here that deserves respect from any one? You have done nothing to demonstrate Christian love, you are only here to spread fear and hatred. You know it, I know it...every one knows it!
Wingless Angel, bless her little ole heart, is clearly NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer. You can tell her 100 more X that you're a straight, married woman and she still won't get it. She's already labeled you a gay male. I'm done playing with the village idiot.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47674 Jan 5, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, we have been over this many times already...I am straight, a happily married woman with children and grandchildren.
All I have seen from you on this forum is you waving your flag of Christianity proudly while proclaiming all gays are liars, etc. Have you said anything here that deserves respect from any one? You have done nothing to demonstrate Christian love, you are only here to spread fear and hatred. You know it, I know it...every one knows it!
hey i already said you're in my fan club what are you bucking for being the president ?
I don't want your respect.
I just don't want to hear that i don't respect you.
Its a mutual dislike nuff said.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47675 Jan 5, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Wingless Angel, bless her little ole heart, is clearly NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer. You can tell her 100 more X that you're a straight, married woman and she still won't get it. She's already labeled you a gay male. I'm done playing with the village idiot.
i was wondering when the real president of my fan club would chime in his 2 cents worth.
Hey i don't feel bad labeling her a gay man after all you always label me as a woman and last time i had my physical i was still a man.
I guess these mistakes only matter if Christians make them. Your side is always excused from mistakes.
Lets see how well that works out for you on judgement day.
Added benefit of being a Christian we always ask for God's forgiveness on our sins and mistakes.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47677 Jan 5, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a cop-out if ever there was one. So you can do and say what you like, throw in a quick "forgive me lord" and keep goibg? I was brought up to take responsibility for my own actions. You are the ones always excused.
My post was for Dusty. You must be feeling left out again.
I don't care what Dusty thinks and even less what you think.
My actions and responsibility are between me and God.

In fact when a person thinks they alone are responsible for their actions they are putting themselves above God. If you think you don't need God's help you are doomed for failure.
Yeah i throw in a forgive me God every single day of my life. And i'm proud of that.
Thanks to Gods love and blessings i am where i am today. Even more i know where i'm going when i die. All thanks to my relationship with God. By his grace go i.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Benton, IL

#47680 Jan 6, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
OK and all Churches should lose their tax exempt status for sticking their noses into government...where their noses don't belong.
Everyone's nose belongs in government business, we are all tax payers including church members.
Most people don't even know what is going on in government, maybe 10% of the voters does and we are lucky if 50% of the american citizens vote.
Then the people that do vote most people votes for a candidate for one reason. My candidate support gay marriage, so I must get him in office. I don't care about global warming, job creation, war, the economy, world events. We must get gay marriage passed.
Then I really love the voter that says, I'm a democrat or republican and that is the political gang that I'm voting for. No wonder our country is in such a mess. Yes everyone should get involved in government business if we want to save our country.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47681 Jan 6, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who your post was for.....and you've posted many a response to questions (or comments) that weren't directed to you. Hypocrisy again!! You better throw in an extra 'sorry God'.
What and spoil God ? Just kidding ( gays have zero sense of humor )
what is wrong jumping in on a questioned asked. DUH they want an answer.
what is wrong with supporting or debating an answer DUH its a forum designed for that.

what i'm referring to is posters like you who just jump in to take a cheap shot at someone.
You had no points to make. If you do bring it on.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47682 Jan 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone's nose belongs in government business, we are all tax payers including church members.
Most people don't even know what is going on in government, maybe 10% of the voters does and we are lucky if 50% of the american citizens vote.
Then the people that do vote most people votes for a candidate for one reason. My candidate support gay marriage, so I must get him in office. I don't care about global warming, job creation, war, the economy, world events. We must get gay marriage passed.
Then I really love the voter that says, I'm a democrat or republican and that is the political gang that I'm voting for. No wonder our country is in such a mess. Yes everyone should get involved in government business if we want to save our country.
excellent point. Gays tend to think we should just go to church and no where else.
I voted since the day i turned 21 ( voting changed to 18 just months after i turned 21 )
never missed an election since. I've voted on both sides but mostly for one side.
i choose the person who best stands for as many things that i stand for over the person who doesn't. Single issue voters are the worse. They seem to be able to scare politicians into passing laws that shouldn't be passed. Chicago has the highest gun control laws and the highest crime as a result of those laws.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47683 Jan 6, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
OK and all Churches should lose their tax exempt status for sticking their noses into government...where their noses don't belong.
what about the government sticking its nose in church business ?
going after a bunch of nuns over birth control.
what happened to their rights to practice their religion ?
Ace

Benton, IL

#47684 Jan 6, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
what about the government sticking its nose in church business ?
going after a bunch of nuns over birth control.
what happened to their rights to practice their religion ?
Main articles: Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause

Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States, whose letter to the Danbury Baptists Association is often quoted in debates regarding the separation of church and state.
In English, the exact term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of separation between church and state", as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. In that letter, referencing the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, Jefferson writes: "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."[15]

Our democrat politicians is walking all over the first amendment. If the liberal/conservative voters takes the senate away from Obama at the end of the year, I believe Obama will be impeached, and freedom restored.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47686 Jan 6, 2014
JPBM wrote:
<quoted text>We must feel sorry for you when in your life you cant get a date with a straight person but now you cant even get a date with a homosexual, man you must be ugly!
Actually i was married until my wife died.
If you read anything i wrote in here you would know i'm totally NOT interested in dating gays.
The only real ugly is people like you who lash out at others in a very lame attempt to hurt their feelings. Seek professional help you clearly need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Reality Check 1,642,255
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 2 hr Amazing Skulduggery 4
Cat's out of the bag. 2 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 2 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 2 hr Posters Screwed 5
J. Biden, Franken & Weinstein from the same mold. 2 hr Believable and True 3
Trump WILL NEVER RELEASE TAX RETURNS 2 hr ITs not Required 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages