Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,249

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Unbelievable

Livermore, CA

#47538 Jan 3, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> That's your choice. Do a little experiment, build a nice little camp fire then step in for one minute barefooted. Then come back and tell us you're willing to take that eternal chance. Personally I'm a pu$$, I even hate getting a sunburn. Stepping into a campfire is a choice just the same as disobeying Jesus is a choice. God give you that choice when he created you. Good luck
If your god created everything it then stands to reason he created gays in his own image also ! But once again none of that matters because we first and foremost live in a SECULAR nation and not a theocracy,so kindly keep your 2000 year old goat herders fallacy to yourself ! That is my right under our Constitutions freedom of religion and freedom from religion ! And under our great Constitution gays are entitled to the very same rights to enjoy as full American citizens that you enjoy ! And that's the bottom line,you and your religion have NO right to dictate anything to those of us who again believe differently than you do ! Glad I could help even though you're so brainwashed that you are devoid of logic and critical thought,which would tell any normal person that your fairy tale is just that an old superstition and nothing more ! Keep your religion to yourself and stop trying to shove it down others throats !
Exterminators

New York, NY

#47539 Jan 3, 2014
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god created everything it then stands to reason he created gays in his own image also ! But once again none of that matters because we first and foremost live in a SECULAR nation and not a theocracy,so kindly keep your 2000 year old goat herders fallacy to yourself ! That is my right under our Constitutions freedom of religion and freedom from religion ! And under our great Constitution gays are entitled to the very same rights to enjoy as full American citizens that you enjoy ! And that's the bottom line,you and your religion have NO right to dictate anything to those of us who again believe differently than you do ! Glad I could help even though you're so brainwashed that you are devoid of logic and critical thought,which would tell any normal person that your fairy tale is just that an old superstition and nothing more ! Keep your religion to yourself and stop trying to shove it down others throats !
You will choke in your own vomit and die a horrible death this year.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Unbelievable

Livermore, CA

#47541 Jan 4, 2014
Exterminators wrote:
<quoted text>
You will choke in your own vomit and die a horrible death this year.
LoL,Don't tell me,yet another "LOVING" KKKristian ? I rest my case you hypocritical loser ! What would Jesus say ? LOLOLOLOL
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47542 Jan 4, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to ask you something Ace if you don't mind...I've read in the OT God forbidding/detesting homosexuals and their acts, however I didn't see much in the NT. I'm led to beleive that the NT is what we go by and also anything repeated from the OT. So is it supposedly still a sin ir not?
Ace will probably have a different view or word it differently. But i'll take a shot at it.
The NT is really more the tell of Jesus how it came into the world and his impact upon the world. The OT is more of a history book of God and his creation of the world.

The reason why Jesus doesn't really specifically single out gays is because he doesn't single out any particular group for going to hell.
Instead his focus is on SAVING the sinner from hell. The best example IMHO is when he is on the cross with the 2 sinners on either side. Clearly one is going to join him in heaven and other will not. One admitted his sins and asked for forgiveness. He saw the light in Jesus. By the grace he was saved. The other could care less. He preferred to live in sin and he died in sin without being saved..

Point is the NT is the second half of the bible.
If the bible was the how to book then the OT would be how we got here what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. And the NT would be how to fix the parts of our lives we're doing wrong in to get to where we need to go which is Heaven.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#47544 Jan 4, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ace will probably have a different view or word it differently. But i'll take a shot at it.
The NT is really more the tell of Jesus how it came into the world and his impact upon the world. The OT is more of a history book of God and his creation of the world.
The reason why Jesus doesn't really specifically single out gays is because he doesn't single out any particular group for going to hell.
Instead his focus is on SAVING the sinner from hell. The best example IMHO is when he is on the cross with the 2 sinners on either side. Clearly one is going to join him in heaven and other will not. One admitted his sins and asked for forgiveness. He saw the light in Jesus. By the grace he was saved. The other could care less. He preferred to live in sin and he died in sin without being saved..
Point is the NT is the second half of the bible.
If the bible was the how to book then the OT would be how we got here what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. And the NT would be how to fix the parts of our lives we're doing wrong in to get to where we need to go which is Heaven.
I guess no one will ever know why Jesus didn't go into detail about gay's very much in the NT.
But here is my opinion. After the great flood god felt bad, so he instructed Jesus to improve on parts of the OT that needed change. God stood firm on the gay issue so Jesus had little to say. God also said a drunk can't get into heaven. So is god being harder on gays than he is on drunks? No. A drunk can't get into heaven, but gays can if they live a righteous life. It's the gay sexual acts that will keep gays, perverts, and heterosexual's out of heaven if they practice homo sexual acts.
In the beginning before man, god had 6 robot type angels in heaven forced to praise him, God got tired of that, and created man giving him free will to follow or not. We all make our own choices.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47545 Jan 4, 2014
if ever that was a REAL reason to report someone post # 47543 would be it.
I don't care if its in jest or not.
He is posting he is a child molester looking for another kid to molest.
Its NOT funny and worse if its real.
Its this kind of posting that will get this thread removed.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47547 Jan 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess no one will ever know why Jesus didn't go into detail about gay's very much in the NT.
But here is my opinion. After the great flood god felt bad, so he instructed Jesus to improve on parts of the OT that needed change. God stood firm on the gay issue so Jesus had little to say. God also said a drunk can't get into heaven. So is god being harder on gays than he is on drunks? No. A drunk can't get into heaven, but gays can if they live a righteous life. It's the gay sexual acts that will keep gays, perverts, and heterosexual's out of heaven if they practice homo sexual acts.
In the beginning before man, god had 6 robot type angels in heaven forced to praise him, God got tired of that, and created man giving him free will to follow or not. We all make our own choices.
I welcome your interruption but i can't agree with it at all.
I don't see anywhere in my bible that says Jesus was sent to CHANGE anything in the OT.
Nor do i see Jesus in conflict and having little to say. Except MAYBE where he states its God will not his own about the crucifixion. But we do the same growing up. We do what our parents expect us to do and latter we realize its the right thing to do. I think Jesus still would have followed that path. So bottom line i think God and Jesus were in perfect harmony.

Now for the drunk issue vs gay issue.
The description of what sin is get muddled by our own thoughts not the bible teaching.
The bible is pretty clear that all sin is equal.
The difference is how that sin affects us.
Do we live for the sin ? Do we encourage others into our sins ?
Or do we repent our sins ? Turn away from our sins.
One thief on the cross was repentant of his sins. The other still embraced his sins.
One made it to heaven the other didn't.
So it is with the drunk and the gay. Does the drunk reform go to AA and stay clean ? Or does he stay a drunk ? Does the gay repent and try to live a good life. Or does he encourage others into the gay life ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47549 Jan 4, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on my phone and can't see the numbering...can we have him reported as a user opposed to a comment? Sick SOB. It's hardly something a decent person would joke about
not sure how it works on the topix end.
But when you report a post i'm sure they have the entire post including who sent it.
Everything you do leave a fingerprint on-line.
so they probably can trace an IP if its a legal issue.
someone admitting even in jest to criminal acts as heinous as pedophilia should be looked into to the police.
i don't bother reporting nonsense stuff. I could care less about the ranting.
But that kind of post is over the line.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#47550 Jan 4, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I welcome your interruption but i can't agree with it at all.
I don't see anywhere in my bible that says Jesus was sent to CHANGE anything in the OT.
Nor do i see Jesus in conflict and having little to say. Except MAYBE where he states its God will not his own about the crucifixion. But we do the same growing up. We do what our parents expect us to do and latter we realize its the right thing to do. I think Jesus still would have followed that path. So bottom line i think God and Jesus were in perfect harmony.
Now for the drunk issue vs gay issue.
The description of what sin is get muddled by our own thoughts not the bible teaching.
The bible is pretty clear that all sin is equal.
The difference is how that sin affects us.
Do we live for the sin ? Do we encourage others into our sins ?
Or do we repent our sins ? Turn away from our sins.
One thief on the cross was repentant of his sins. The other still embraced his sins.
One made it to heaven the other didn't.
So it is with the drunk and the gay. Does the drunk reform go to AA and stay clean ? Or does he stay a drunk ? Does the gay repent and try to live a good life. Or does he encourage others into the gay life ?
Anyone can be forgiven if they repent. Now going back to the 6 robot type angels. God got tired of being forced praised the same way so he created mankind and give him free will to make choices. with different types of interpretation of the bible so god can be praised/loved in different ways. That was my preaching in church. My Apostolic Pentecostal members didn't like the message I was giving and decided they needed someone else that would deliver the message they wanted. My opinion not every religious organization is going to hell because they don't baptized in the name of Jesus. If you live by the way your bible tells you, you're good in my opinion. So I must respect your interpretation. Different Interpretations of the bible was gods will also in my opinion. I want to be loved differently, I wouldn't want my daughter to love me as a husband, or my employer to love me as a child. Why wouldn't god want to be praised/loved in different ways to?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ace

Christopher, IL

#47551 Jan 4, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure how it works on the topix end.
But when you report a post i'm sure they have the entire post including who sent it.
Everything you do leave a fingerprint on-line.
so they probably can trace an IP if its a legal issue.
someone admitting even in jest to criminal acts as heinous as pedophilia should be looked into to the police.
i don't bother reporting nonsense stuff. I could care less about the ranting.
But that kind of post is over the line.
It has been on our local tv news stations that people has been criminally charged for making such remarks on topix. Yes topix has your IP address, were do you think some of your junk mail comes from? Topix sponsors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#47552 Jan 4, 2014
Unbelievable wrote:
I have to get off of here soon. I need to find me a little boy to molest because I am sick like that. I need a hairy as*hole with poop coming out do I can put my pecker in it. I can't get butt screwed anymore well not for awhile cause my sprinter is blown out and I have to wear adult underwear cause I poop myself and I can't crap in a 5 gallon bucket anymore either. My jaws also hurt to from sucking dirty dongs that was in my butt then in my mouth. Ok, gotta go ge fisted now and then better comes the gerbals..yea, a goodnight...mm good
Typical gay man. I bet you walk funny too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#47553 Jan 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone can be forgiven if they repent. Now going back to the 6 robot type angels. God got tired of being forced praised the same way so he created mankind and give him free will to make choices. with different types of interpretation of the bible so god can be praised/loved in different ways. That was my preaching in church. My Apostolic Pentecostal members didn't like the message I was giving and decided they needed someone else that would deliver the message they wanted. My opinion not every religious organization is going to hell because they don't baptized in the name of Jesus. If you live by the way your bible tells you, you're good in my opinion. So I must respect your interpretation. Different Interpretations of the bible was gods will also in my opinion. I want to be loved differently, I wouldn't want my daughter to love me as a husband, or my employer to love me as a child. Why wouldn't god want to be praised/loved in different ways to?
Homosexuals can twist the Bible anyway they will and deny what they do not like. But the fact still remains clear in the Bible, that homosexuals are not allowed into Heaven. Hence, they are deemed to be owned by satan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47554 Jan 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> It has been on our local tv news stations that people has been criminally charged for making such remarks on topix. Yes topix has your IP address, were do you think some of your junk mail comes from? Topix sponsors.
No doubt. I certainly have twice my share of junk e-mails.
Lets hope going after that poster is one of the things topix gets right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47557 Jan 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone can be forgiven if they repent. Now going back to the 6 robot type angels. God got tired of being forced praised the same way so he created mankind and give him free will to make choices. with different types of interpretation of the bible so god can be praised/loved in different ways. That was my preaching in church. My Apostolic Pentecostal members didn't like the message I was giving and decided they needed someone else that would deliver the message they wanted. My opinion not every religious organization is going to hell because they don't baptized in the name of Jesus. If you live by the way your bible tells you, you're good in my opinion. So I must respect your interpretation. Different Interpretations of the bible was gods will also in my opinion. I want to be loved differently, I wouldn't want my daughter to love me as a husband, or my employer to love me as a child. Why wouldn't god want to be praised/loved in different ways to?
I would like to think i've earned your respect for my interpretations rather then think its your religious belief that you must respect others interpretations of the bible.
But your point is well taken.
While i'm not a Pentecostal i had a friend who was. Been to his church on several occasions. Even did a professional favor ( for free ) for his minister.
I raised my daughter myself since the age of 3.
During the summer months when even sunday school was out for the summer i would take her to other churches/religions so that she could see some of the differences. Small and great. Her and i were impressed by how nice we were received in those churches especially in the Pentecostal church.
For any parent free will is a difficult topic. The first time my daughter drove solo i swear my heart and lungs stop beating until she returned home. I don't want to think how difficult it must have been for God to decide to give mankind free will.
As for love my bible taught me Gods love was the true unconditional love.
That kind of love actually does transcend between types of love.
For example my love for my parents, wife, daughter were all different kinds of love YET they were all unconditional. That unconditional love connection was in itself always the same.
Gods unconditional love is like that only stronger. His love binds us not just in this life but also in the here after.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47558 Jan 4, 2014
JPBM wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter your on here on a thread about gays and you wont change them their sick, does the fact they have anal sex thrill you or is it the thought of going down on a hard pecker make you horny reading this so really who is sick here you or them SATAN will get them so save your time and try and save a Christian from being killed because before long it will become sport to kill us so read your bible real well because you know its coming so what will you do spend time on here or get off your arse and try and stop the genocide from coming or will you be one of the ones that denies being a Christian theirs will come in the end what about you have you got yourself right with God and Jesus yet?
there is two point here.
FIRST what i was talking about that you replied to was another poster going after and molesting underage boys. So i take great offense that you would try and imply me with those kinds of sex acts.

SECOND you know nothing about being a Christian. Christians don't pick and choose who should be helped and who shouldn't be helped. I've to homeless shelters, and feeding the poor.
There isn't any ID checks at the door. Christians help ANYONE needing help. We don't ask them if they are a sinner or not, or what kind of sin they committed. Everyone is a sinner including Christians. We all can use some help. That is one of many reasons we as Christians go to church. So we can ask Gods help even as we help others.
As for me am i right with God ? That is up to God to decide. I pray that i am.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ANALSEX

Montpelier, VA

#47560 Jan 4, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>That's your choice. Do a little experiment, build a nice little camp fire then step in for one minute barefooted. Then come back and tell us you're willing to take that eternal chance. Personally I'm a pu$$, I even hate getting a sunburn. Stepping into a campfire is a choice just the same as disobeying Jesus is a choice. God give you that choice when he created you. Good luck
I don't need luck with something that's not real but good try
ANALSEX

Montpelier, VA

#47561 Jan 4, 2014
Cyber Lab 934X9 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you wanted for questioning in a murder case?
You sir suck at trolling if I was I won't not be in the military any more but good try
ANALSEX

Montpelier, VA

#47562 Jan 4, 2014
JPBM wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter your on here on a thread about gays and you wont change them their sick, does the fact they have anal sex thrill you or is it the thought of going down on a hard pecker make you horny reading this so really who is sick here you or them SATAN will get them so save your time and try and save a Christian from being killed because before long it will become sport to kill us so read your bible real well because you know its coming so what will you do spend time on here or get off your arse and try and stop the genocide from coming or will you be one of the ones that denies being a Christian theirs will come in the end what about you have you got yourself right with God and Jesus yet?
God you make me laugh nothing is going to happen if it does so be it

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#47563 Jan 4, 2014
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there is two point here.
FIRST what i was talking about that you replied to was another poster going after and molesting underage boys. So i take great offense that you would try and imply me with those kinds of sex acts.
SECOND you know nothing about being a Christian. Christians don't pick and choose who should be helped and who shouldn't be helped. I've to homeless shelters, and feeding the poor.
There isn't any ID checks at the door. Christians help ANYONE needing help. We don't ask them if they are a sinner or not, or what kind of sin they committed. Everyone is a sinner including Christians. We all can use some help. That is one of many reasons we as Christians go to church. So we can ask Gods help even as we help others.
As for me am i right with God ? That is up to God to decide. I pray that i am.
Just report the offensive post; Topix moderators will eventually pull it down.
Those of us who've been around here for a while know the persona who's doing it and we also know why he's doing it.
It was meant to offend; you just weren't the intended target.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47564 Jan 4, 2014
http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/coke-under-fi...

never been a coke-cola fan more of coffee drinker.
But gotta love um for getting it right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy 12-20 9 min Pippa 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,154,064
abby 12-20 28 min Pippa 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,811
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,917
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Sunshine 49,190
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST

Bleacher Report11:28AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
Bleacher Report11:39 AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler