Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
40,501 - 40,520 of 48,944 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time; voters don't get to determine rights. A public referendum regarding marriage equality is illegal.
Rights are rights.
Rights are defined by laws not defined by gay wishes.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

more proof that gays are defined ONLY by their sexuality and not by anything else.
http://northdallasgazette.com/2013/12/29/robi...
another gay coming out of the closet wanting to be defined by being gay.
You never see heterosexuals going around stating they are straight.
That is because we are not defined based only on our sexuality. We know what we are sexually and don't need to shout it out to the world.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not changing anything that science and history don't totally affirm.
The latest DD debacle only exposes that gays are the ones failing miserably.
The marriage of the Bride and Groom are a picture of Christ and the Church. Your relationship is a sacrilegious farce.
No one gives a rat's ass about your Christ or your church. And the only thing farcical here is your opinions. They are as meaningless and ineffective as your "crusade". Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

KiMare wrote:
A new week and almost a new year, and ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Reality rules!
Smile.
Yes, a new year. Remember last year Kuntmare? TEN states added to the list that all you moronic fundies VOWED would end with Massachusetts!!!

The only pointless thing here is your "crusade" princess, and everyone, including you, knows it!! Smile dear for the new year!!! More states coming our way, and not a damn thing your meaningless existence can do about it!!!!! Smirk!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh princess, you're so close. Most basic rights are established in our Constitution and it's sister the Bill of Rights.

Now dear, here's a judicial ruling from 1943. It's from the case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette Read it very carefully and slowly, ok pumpkin??!!

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Did you catch that dearie? Fundamental rights (which our Supreme Court has deemed marriage to be in 14 different rulings now) are NOT subject to vote. The law has spoken, and it doesn't support your side dipshyt. Have a wonderful day.
Ace

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a rat's ass about your Christ or your church. And the only thing farcical here is your opinions. They are as meaningless and ineffective as your "crusade". Smirk.
Wrong! There is 2 billion Christians in our world that care very much about Christ and church.
The only thing farcical here is the atheist trying to destroy gods word so they will have lots of company in hell. Satan's children will keep spewing false information.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong! There is 2 billion Christians in our world that care very much about Christ and church.
The only thing farcical here is the atheist trying to destroy gods word so they will have lots of company in hell. Satan's children will keep spewing false information.
Fundie sheep are hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious!!!

" Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Bbbaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Enemies are everywhere!!! Baaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! "
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Careful there Jonah1...I'm always watching.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundie sheep are hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious!!!
" Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Bbbaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Enemies are everywhere!!! Baaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! "

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

CDC wrote:
Careful there Jonah1...I'm always watching.
<quoted text>
Thank you for exemplifying my previous post.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
who do you think sets states laws ELECTED OFFICIALS who are elected by VOTERS not appointed judges.
Gays could never win squat if it wasn't for APPOINTED judges.
You seriously need to go back to school and learn how this country's government was set up.
Then you would know how in recent years scum bags judges have ruined this country.
Legislation determines laws, NOT public referendums.
In each and every case where a public referendum declaring marriage to be one man/one woman, those referendums will be overturned.

Please do tell me this (but you won't answer, because you have no logical response):

What has marriage equality taken from your marriage? What did you lose? When my partner and I became a legally married couple, what was the effect on your marriage?

THAT'S why voters don't get to determine marriage equality and THAT'S why judges have ruled on voter referendums denying marriage equality.

See, ya got nuthin'.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And voters determining laws by a public referendum is fundamentally wrong.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
If gay wishes came true, you'd realize that you have no valid argument against marriage equality. Simply believing that marriage should be between one man/one woman isn't enough; it's merely an opinion (to which you're more than entitled).
Ace

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Legislation determines laws, NOT public referendums.
In each and every case where a public referendum declaring marriage to be one man/one woman, those referendums will be overturned.
Please do tell me this (but you won't answer, because you have no logical response):
What has marriage equality taken from your marriage? What did you lose? When my partner and I became a legally married couple, what was the effect on your marriage?
THAT'S why voters don't get to determine marriage equality and THAT'S why judges have ruled on voter referendums denying marriage equality.
See, ya got nuthin'.
It's the voters that puts public lawmakers in office that appoint judges. When the lawmakers don't follow the wishes of the voters they will be voted out of office. Obama has been the demise of the democrat party. Let see how gay marriage fairs after the 2014 election.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

No.
Thank YOU for exemplifying what an a-hole you are.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for exemplifying my previous post.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Ace wrote:
<quoted text> It's the voters that puts public lawmakers in office that appoint judges. When the lawmakers don't follow the wishes of the voters they will be voted out of office. Obama has been the demise of the democrat party. Let see how gay marriage fairs after the 2014 election.
its obvious that Dusty just doesn't get it.
He doesn't understand we elect the lawmakers who make the laws that judges should uphold and don't.
Its LIBERAL judges appointed by LIBERAL politicians who have decided to go against the will of the majority of people and do away with the laws that protected marriage.
Dusty is a true lost cause. I guess he got banged in the rump one too many times. it loosened a few screws in his head. Now he's stuck into believing his phony marriage validated is gay anal lifestyle. What a sad little man he is. He just can't realize we don't accept him.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand we elect the lawmakers who make the laws that judges should uphold and don't.
Go back and ready Jonah's post. Better yet, here it is:

Now dear, here's a judicial ruling from 1943. It's from the case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette Read it very carefully and slowly, ok pumpkin??!!

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Did you catch that dearie? Fundamental rights (which our Supreme Court has deemed marriage to be in 14 different rulings now) are NOT subject to vote. The law has spoken, and it doesn't support your side dipshyt. Have a wonderful day.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
its obvious I can't answer Dusty's questions about marriage equality..
Why can't you answer my questions about marriage equality?

What have you lost now that we have marriage equality?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its LIBERAL judges appointed by LIBERAL politicians who have decided to go against the will of the majority of people and do away with the laws that protected marriage.
Dusty is a true lost cause. I guess he got banged in the rump one too many times. it loosened a few screws in his head. Now he's stuck into believing his phony marriage validated is gay anal lifestyle. What a sad little man he is. He just can't realize we don't accept him.
Are you really that stupid or are you just being obtuse?
There's a difference between legislation and referendums. I'm talking about judges over-ruling referendums; you're talking about judges over-ruling legislation. Kindly show me where I've discussed judges over-ruling laws created by legislators (i.e., legislation).

Otherwise, STFU.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 45,849
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 57 min Flacks News 1,082,423
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 1 hr WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 1 hr StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 1 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
Children were thrown to hungry crocodiles 1 hr AskACroc-KidsTasteGood 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating