Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 20 comments on the Nov 30, 2010, CBS2 story titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Ace

Christopher, IL

#47201 Dec 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Legislation determines laws, NOT public referendums.
In each and every case where a public referendum declaring marriage to be one man/one woman, those referendums will be overturned.
Please do tell me this (but you won't answer, because you have no logical response):
What has marriage equality taken from your marriage? What did you lose? When my partner and I became a legally married couple, what was the effect on your marriage?
THAT'S why voters don't get to determine marriage equality and THAT'S why judges have ruled on voter referendums denying marriage equality.
See, ya got nuthin'.
It's the voters that puts public lawmakers in office that appoint judges. When the lawmakers don't follow the wishes of the voters they will be voted out of office. Obama has been the demise of the democrat party. Let see how gay marriage fairs after the 2014 election.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#47202 Dec 30, 2013
No.
Thank YOU for exemplifying what an a-hole you are.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for exemplifying my previous post.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47203 Dec 30, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> It's the voters that puts public lawmakers in office that appoint judges. When the lawmakers don't follow the wishes of the voters they will be voted out of office. Obama has been the demise of the democrat party. Let see how gay marriage fairs after the 2014 election.
its obvious that Dusty just doesn't get it.
He doesn't understand we elect the lawmakers who make the laws that judges should uphold and don't.
Its LIBERAL judges appointed by LIBERAL politicians who have decided to go against the will of the majority of people and do away with the laws that protected marriage.
Dusty is a true lost cause. I guess he got banged in the rump one too many times. it loosened a few screws in his head. Now he's stuck into believing his phony marriage validated is gay anal lifestyle. What a sad little man he is. He just can't realize we don't accept him.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#47204 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand we elect the lawmakers who make the laws that judges should uphold and don't.
Go back and ready Jonah's post. Better yet, here it is:

Now dear, here's a judicial ruling from 1943. It's from the case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette Read it very carefully and slowly, ok pumpkin??!!

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Did you catch that dearie? Fundamental rights (which our Supreme Court has deemed marriage to be in 14 different rulings now) are NOT subject to vote. The law has spoken, and it doesn't support your side dipshyt. Have a wonderful day.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47205 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
its obvious I can't answer Dusty's questions about marriage equality..
Why can't you answer my questions about marriage equality?

What have you lost now that we have marriage equality?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47206 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Its LIBERAL judges appointed by LIBERAL politicians who have decided to go against the will of the majority of people and do away with the laws that protected marriage.
Dusty is a true lost cause. I guess he got banged in the rump one too many times. it loosened a few screws in his head. Now he's stuck into believing his phony marriage validated is gay anal lifestyle. What a sad little man he is. He just can't realize we don't accept him.
Are you really that stupid or are you just being obtuse?
There's a difference between legislation and referendums. I'm talking about judges over-ruling referendums; you're talking about judges over-ruling legislation. Kindly show me where I've discussed judges over-ruling laws created by legislators (i.e., legislation).

Otherwise, STFU.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47208 Dec 30, 2013

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47209 Dec 30, 2013

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47210 Dec 30, 2013

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47211 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47213 Dec 30, 2013
OMG we're being spammed by Dusty
SPAMMING = posting links without comments
where is that report abuse button ah here it is

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47214 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
It's just that you need a little help understanding why a referendum against marriage is wrong.

If you'd prefer, I can combine them into one post with a little comment about how obtuse you are.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47215 Dec 30, 2013
At least i don't SPAM this thread with multiple one link posts.
You can call me all the names and insults you want to. That certainly is allowed.
But i've never SPAMMED this thread.
You have.
That shows your true lack of character.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47216 Dec 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and ready Jonah's post. Better yet, here it is:
Now dear, here's a judicial ruling from 1943. It's from the case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette Read it very carefully and slowly, ok pumpkin??!!
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
Did you catch that dearie? Fundamental rights (which our Supreme Court has deemed marriage to be in 14 different rulings now) are NOT subject to vote. The law has spoken, and it doesn't support your side dipshyt. Have a wonderful day.
Angel gets as far as the word "vicissitudes" and then gives up knowing she won't be able to comprehend anything from there.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#47217 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
At least i don't SPAM this thread with multiple one link posts.
You can call me all the names and insults you want to. That certainly is allowed.
But i've never SPAMMED this thread.
You have.
That shows your true lack of character.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I posted links to show you the difference between legislation and referendums.

Spam! Spam! Spam!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47218 Dec 30, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
Oh look. Angel just makes up her own meanings to words.

Spam [spam]
noun
disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

The link was neither disruptive or commercial. Had you taken the time to open it rather than flying into a childish hissy fit, you would have known that.

Carry on jackass.
Wingless Angel

Kenosha, WI

#47219 Dec 30, 2013
You're pathetic. You have to use your other screen name to back you up.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#47220 Dec 30, 2013
I went to judge your post but could not find the a box to check for "idiotic".
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Angel gets as far as the word "vicissitudes" and then gives up knowing she won't be able to comprehend anything from there.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#47221 Dec 30, 2013
In your honor I am going to request a "dumbshit" box to be part of the judgements selections.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look. Angel just makes up her own meanings to words.
Spam [spam]
noun
disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.
The link was neither disruptive or commercial. Had you taken the time to open it rather than flying into a childish hissy fit, you would have known that.
Carry on jackass.
Wingless Angal

Elmwood Park, IL

#47222 Dec 30, 2013
CDC wrote:
I went to judge your post but could not find the a box to check for "idiotic".
<quoted text>
I went to each and every one of your posts, but couldn't find the check-box for "mentally incompetent".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,219,704
Dear Abby 4-25-15 6 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques in Orleans 187,286
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 51 min TRD 69,677
Bill Clinton's Wife. 1 hr No GOP 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 52,846
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,899
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]