Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52083 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Cue Ball

Southfield, MA

#47031 Dec 28, 2013
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> You wrote a mouthful of truth. Gays want to be married like normal men and women so that they can say that they are normal. Many religous people see what they do to and with each other as sinful and that is their right. Gays want to tell the church people to go to hell when they say that they want the preacher or priest to marry them in a church. They want to be thought of as a put upon minority and that is why they is always squaking abut being put on like blacks. But more than any thing else they want people to think that they are normal. What they do ain't normal, I know it and they know it. Duck Dynasty has now proven itself bigger than gay groups and the liberals. They done won a victory over political correctness.
And they want children. A child that will never know their father or mother. Being a liberal is a mental illness. Especially the Jewish ones.
whosgod

Virginia Beach, VA

#47032 Dec 28, 2013
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote a mouthful of truth. Gays want to be married like normal men and women so that they can say that they are normal. Many religous people see what they do to and with each other as sinful and that is their right. Gays want to tell the church people to go to hell when they say that they want the preacher or priest to marry them in a church. They want to be thought of as a put upon minority and that is why they is always squaking abut being put on like blacks. But more than any thing else they want people to think that they are normal. What they do ain't normal, I know it and they know it. Duck Dynasty has now proven itself bigger than gay groups and the liberals. They done won a victory over political correctness.
Are you kidding me? Gays are trying to be normal. I would never want to go to church where some preacher is touching little boys and the church keeps it hush hush. And I'm sorry if the norm is to get married for 3 months then get divorced to just get remarried again. The sanctuary of marriage is ruined by people who just want to get married. But yet gays would dishonor it. Grow up it's free country and you should be able to marry who ever you want. Their marriage would never hurt you at all and it's their choice and they are they ones who see your so called god not you so let people live how they want
hahahgod

Virginia Beach, VA

#47033 Dec 28, 2013
Cue Ball wrote:
<quoted text>And they want children. A child that will never know their father or mother. Being a liberal is a mental illness. Especially the Jewish ones.
Wow lol you are very stupid I think you have the mental illness
Agree

Overland Park, KS

#47035 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been saying this for a long time.
The solution would be to make civil union totally equal to a marriage in every benefit way.
Then they would have no reason to be married in a church.
But you see the benefit and rights issues are just smoke and mirrors from them.
They really hate Christians and churches. The whole idea for them getting married in one is to stick it in the face to Christians and our churches. Its really all about their HATE towards us and NOT about any rights or benefits.
And don't ever expect them to honestly as a group ever admit to it. If they did that they certainly would lose the support of the judges that they need to win. They already are in the smallest minority so they never did have support of the people. Judges and the fear of law suits is how they win. Often just the threat of the cost of a law suit is enough to win for them.
And so, how does one go about promoting and supporting "civil union equal to marriage"? Is there a movement or organization or senator or someone who is sponsoring this movement where I can sign up? And forget worrying about marriage in the church. It appears anyone can startup a new non-profit church or place of worship anywhere.... They are popping up all aroun
Alter Boy

Overland Park, KS

#47036 Dec 28, 2013
whosgod wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Gays are trying to be normal. I would never want to go to church where some preacher is touching little boys and the church keeps it hush hush. And I'm sorry if the norm is to get married for 3 months then get divorced to just get remarried again. The sanctuary of marriage is ruined by people who just want to get married. But yet gays would dishonor it. Grow up it's free country and you should be able to marry who ever you want. Their marriage would never hurt you at all and it's their choice and they are they ones who see your so called god not you so let people live how they want
Then dont attend any catholic church....
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47038 Dec 28, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
And so, how does one go about promoting and supporting "civil union equal to marriage"? Is there a movement or organization or senator or someone who is sponsoring this movement where I can sign up? And forget worrying about marriage in the church. It appears anyone can startup a new non-profit church or place of worship anywhere.... They are popping up all aroun
there has always been a push for civil union instead of gay marriage.
How do you think civil union laws came about in the first place ?
They're still out there they haven't gone away.
Its gays who DON'T want a civil union even if it grants complete rights and benefits. See my previous post as to why that is.

As for what defines a real church with legal status or just someone looking to go tax free is a totally different topic worthy of a discussion of its own.
You could also include what defines a news source. Should someone like Drudge Report with just a blog be entitled to Shield law protection the same as Jana Winters ?
Again these are topics for another thread.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47039 Dec 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
http://ideas.time.com/2013/12/ 19/the-duck-dynasty-fiasco-say s-more-about-our-bigotry-than- phils/
"I’m reminded of something Bill Maher said during the height of the Paula Deen controversy:“Do we always have to make people go away?” I think the question applies in this situation too.
Why is our go-to political strategy for beating our opponents to silence them? Why do we dismiss, rather than engage them? One of the biggest pop-culture icons of today just took center stage to “educate” us about sexuality. I see this as an opportunity to further the discussion, to challenge his limited understanding of human desire, to engage with him and his rather sizable audience — most of whom, by the way, probably share his views — and to rise above the endless sea of tweet-hate to help move our LGBT conversations to where they need to go.
G.K. Chesterton said that bigotry is “an incapacity to conceive seriously the alternative to a proposition.” If he is right — and he usually is — then I wonder if the Duck Dynasty fiasco says more about our bigotry than Phil’s."
i like your post.
but i take issue with this statement from the artice

to challenge his limited understanding of human desire

one could make the same accusation about gays as well. Its an insulting remark written obviously by a gay writer. If he was serious about open dialogue then he should leave the insults out and just state his opinion like Robertson did. Most when they quote Robertson conveniently forget to mention that Robertson says these are his feeling
IE:“It seems like, to me,
Which is the opening line in his remarks that got him in trouble. Clearly he was just stating his opinions something he should have a right to do without fear.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47040 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been saying this for a long time.
The solution would be to make civil union totally equal to a marriage in every benefit way.
Then they would have no reason to be married in a church.
But you see the benefit and rights issues are just smoke and mirrors from them.
They really hate Christians and churches. The whole idea for them getting married in one is to stick it in the face to Christians and our churches. Its really all about their HATE towards us and NOT about any rights or benefits.
And don't ever expect them to honestly as a group ever admit to it. If they did that they certainly would lose the support of the judges that they need to win. They already are in the smallest minority so they never did have support of the people. Judges and the fear of law suits is how they win. Often just the threat of the cost of a law suit is enough to win for them.
Learn something about the Constitution and our representative government. Maybe then you'll stop sniveling about activist judges and why it's Unconstitutional for majorities to vote on the rights of minorities.

You think gay people want to get married because they hate your cult? LMAO

At the end of the day, all you have are narcissism and lies..........but that is the KKKristian way.
Patriot

Chicago, IL

#47041 Dec 28, 2013
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
“It does me no injury for my neighbors to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my legs.”
As we reflect on all matters at the turn of the new year, maybe we should think about how lucky we all are to live in a country as rich, diverse, and beautiful as ours. One that allows the Robertson family and Ellen DeGeneres to live their lives freely, and to make a living without fear of reprisal for simply being who they are, and for believing what they believe.
Thomas Jefferson authored the law that all homosexuals be castrated.

That's why he's considered one of the best, and is right up there on Rushmore.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#47042 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there has always been a push for civil union instead of gay marriage.
How do you think civil union laws came about in the first place ?
They're still out there they haven't gone away.
Its gays who DON'T want a civil union even if it grants complete rights and benefits. See my previous post as to why that is.
As for what defines a real church with legal status or just someone looking to go tax free is a totally different topic worthy of a discussion of its own.
You could also include what defines a news source. Should someone like Drudge Report with just a blog be entitled to Shield law protection the same as Jana Winters ?
Again these are topics for another thread.
That's another KKKistian lie. Even when gays wanted nothing more than domestic partnerships, bigots stood in the way.

Why do you want to waste millions of dollars changing some legal wording just to satisfy some people over something that isn't even going to affect them?

I know,....how about if you just let all of the religious people have a church wedding, in the eyes of god, and forget about all that legal stuff. That should be good enough for them. After all, it is all about the church. Who needs legalities when you have your god's blessing?

And you can keep it holy and all to yourself, the way god wants it. Doesn't that sound fair?
hahahgod

Alexandria, VA

#47044 Dec 28, 2013
So You Are Happy wrote:
<quoted text>No but if one of us whom are straight stand up and say we are set against your views and/or beliefs we shouldn't lose our job, home, or anything else for saying what we believe. A gay is wasting a church's time by going as you can look no further than Sodom and Gamorra and realize that city fell to defeat for the very thing you all are doing here. America is crumbling and don't think China is going to allow this after they take the place over. You folks are one of the key reasons our country is falling apart at the seams. Yes others are doing things wrong but two wrongs don't make a right. Set a good example for the children who see you on a regular basis, not someone to be ashamed of. I do not disagree with what you said about the straight people abusing marriage but I also don't stand for Gay Marriage. Its an abomination unto God and his church.
One I am not gay two no it's not the reason out country is falling a part. You are the reason sitting here fighting over basic human rights. Instead of the stuff that matters like education and the economy. You rather defend your book over our country. And should you lose your job because you don't support gays no and who ever fired you because of that should be kick out
hahahgod

Alexandria, VA

#47045 Dec 28, 2013
So You Are Happy wrote:
<quoted text>No but if one of us whom are straight stand up and say we are set against your views and/or beliefs we shouldn't lose our job, home, or anything else for saying what we believe. A gay is wasting a church's time by going as you can look no further than Sodom and Gamorra and realize that city fell to defeat for the very thing you all are doing here. America is crumbling and don't think China is going to allow this after they take the place over. You folks are one of the key reasons our country is falling apart at the seams. Yes others are doing things wrong but two wrongs don't make a right. Set a good example for the children who see you on a regular basis, not someone to be ashamed of. I do not disagree with what you said about the straight people abusing marriage but I also don't stand for Gay Marriage. Its an abomination unto God and his church.
Shouldn't ******

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#47046 Dec 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson authored the law that all homosexuals be castrated.
That's why he's considered one of the best, and is right up there on Rushmore.
Which, for its time, was the liberal position. The other alternative was death.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47047 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i like your post.
but i take issue with this statement from the artice
to challenge his limited understanding of human desire
one could make the same accusation about gays as well. Its an insulting remark written obviously by a gay writer. If he was serious about open dialogue then he should leave the insults out and just state his opinion like Robertson did. Most when they quote Robertson conveniently forget to mention that Robertson says these are his feeling
IE:“It seems like, to me,
Which is the opening line in his remarks that got him in trouble. Clearly he was just stating his opinions something he should have a right to do without fear.
I agree completely.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47048 Dec 28, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn something about the Constitution and our representative government. Maybe then you'll stop sniveling about activist judges and why it's Unconstitutional for majorities to vote on the rights of minorities.
You think gay people want to get married because they hate your cult? LMAO
At the end of the day, all you have are narcissism and lies..........but that is the KKKristian way.
you mean like when LIBERALS change the filibuster rules.
The Constitutions doesn't matter to LIBERALS and Obama.
Would you like me to point out all of their violations of it ?
it'll take a lot of space here.
And i'll be happy to school you on the legality of activist judges.
But its clear you wouldn't understand any of it. You can't even spell Christian.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#47049 Dec 28, 2013
From an LGBT response;

"I’m reminded of something Bill Maher said during the height of the Paula Deen controversy:“Do we always have to make people go away?” I think the question applies in this situation too.

Why is our go-to political strategy for beating our opponents to silence them? Why do we dismiss, rather than engage them? One of the biggest pop-culture icons of today just took center stage to “educate” us about sexuality. I see this as an opportunity to further the discussion, to challenge his limited understanding of human desire, to engage with him and his rather sizable audience — most of whom, by the way, probably share his views — and to rise above the endless sea of tweet-hate to help move our LGBT conversations to where they need to go.

G.K. Chesterton said that bigotry is “an incapacity to conceive seriously the alternative to a proposition.” If he is right — and he usually is — then I wonder if the Duck Dynasty fiasco says more about our bigotry than Phil’s."

For the record. Sodomy is harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That is why it was illegal here and still is in many places. It is an expression of domination in many instances in the animal kingdom. It is just that one simple point of reality, out of many, that has caused every culture to reject homosexuality as normal.

Does that excuse abuse against gays? Absolutely not. But nor does it excuse the attempt to jam denial down the throats of society and equate abuse with marriage.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#47050 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like when LIBERALS change the filibuster rules.
The Constitutions doesn't matter to LIBERALS and Obama.
Would you like me to point out all of their violations of it ?
it'll take a lot of space here.
And i'll be happy to school you on the legality of activist judges.
But its clear you wouldn't understand any of it. You can't even spell Christian.
Schooling is not your thing, REALLY, I know how people like you think. You label judges who follow the Constitution to the letter as "activist judges" whenever they rule against your KKKristian ideals.

Please do point out what "liberals" did that was outside their rights and jurisdictions as elected representatives. Why is Obama still president. How many "liberals" are being prosecuted for violating the Constitution?

You are a sore LOSER.
Wingless Angel

Racine, WI

#47051 Dec 28, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Schooling is not your thing, REALLY, I know how people like you think. You label judges who follow the Constitution to the letter as "activist judges" whenever they rule against your KKKristian ideals.
Please do point out what "liberals" did that was outside their rights and jurisdictions as elected representatives. Why is Obama still president. How many "liberals" are being prosecuted for violating the Constitution?
You are a sore LOSER.
there should be a lot of firing and prosecution going on but its not and you're right about that.
We should be going after Eric Holder, Hilary Clinton, Kathleen Sebelius, to name a few.
Maybe we will when a Republican gets in office in 2016.
Even if we don't go after them you can count on changes being made down the road. We have a lot of young talent on the way up Rand Paul, Paul Ryan. Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, etc
All you got is an old crowd of hasbeens.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#47052 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there should be a lot of firing and prosecution going on but its not and you're right about that.
We should be going after Eric Holder, Hilary Clinton, Kathleen Sebelius, to name a few.
Maybe we will when a Republican gets in office in 2016.
Even if we don't go after them you can count on changes being made down the road. We have a lot of young talent on the way up Rand Paul, Paul Ryan. Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, etc
All you got is an old crowd of hasbeens.
I heard all the same claptrap from conservatives before Obama's second term. The right wingnuts thought for sure they were going to win, just like you are doing now.
No party can make any of the changes that you are wishing for, especially the anti-gay bandwagon that you are on. SCOTUS has ruled. It's only a matter of time before gays have full marriage rights country-wide. No party controls that.
I can't wait to see it and watch all of the KKKristians cry.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47053 Dec 28, 2013
Wingless Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like this one
http://voices.yahoo.com/four-winged-bird-like...
No dear, ones that would have been present during the time your ridiculous bible was written, ones that were fowl like your bible saysl, not dinosaurs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Tuffy 239,383
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,508,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 10,496
Obama has LEAK under sink. 8 hr TROY the Plumber 36
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Raymond 63,546
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 105,055

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages