Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 2,005)

Showing posts 40,081 - 40,100 of46,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

well wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought up the option of abortion in another thread...it was your first defense. "They can abort or..." What makes you so sure your sons and their future wives, or your grandchildren and their spouses won't abort any babies like you?
You told that poor young girl that she was responsible for what her father did to her...she was 7 when he started. What could she have done? How was she responsible? Do you know anything at all about sexual abuse? They groom their victims...they tell them that no one will believe them if they tell, etc. You were a complete asshole to her, I hope you have never ever counseled a victim of sexual abuse because your counsel could easily cause a suicide.
Your denial of the legality of same sex marriage just shows how nuts you are...
I noted that if epi-marker mistakes can be identified before birth, the option of abortion will be considered by those who are not pro-life. What does that have to do with my children and their choices?

I told the girl she was responsible for her reaction to the abuse, a huge difference from being responsible for the abuse. I stand by that assertion.

Your deliberate confusion about what I say only exposes your hateful bigotry.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I told the girl she was responsible for her reaction to the abuse, a huge difference from being responsible for the abuse. I stand by that assertion.
Your deliberate confusion about what I say only exposes your hateful bigotry.
In what way do you expect a 7 year old girl to react to the abuse by her own father? You certainly are not qualified to counsel anyone in this area. You made a young girl who already
felt horrible guilt and shame - it comes with the territory...feel that she was responsible. She never returned...I hope she is ok.

Maybe you need to work on your delivery...show some of that grace that is shown to you by God.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the Methodist minister who performed the ceremony for his son and partner? Did you see his interview? He says he would do it again in a heartbeat...
All any loving parent wants is the happiness of their children, that man happens to have 3 children who are gay. His congregation still wants him...
its typical of gays they only care about themselves.Of course his dad is going to say that.
If he really cared about his dad he wouldn't put his dad on the spot like that.
His dad if he really cared about his congregation he wouldn't have done that in that church.
No real pastor wants to put their church in that kind of limelight.
This is a family that only cared about their needs and wants. Typical gays.

as for the congregation really ? you think every single one of them wanted this ?
trust me they'll get over him in a heartbeat.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
its typical of gays they only care about themselves.Of course his dad is going to say that.
If he really cared about his dad he wouldn't put his dad on the spot like that.
His dad if he really cared about his congregation he wouldn't have done that in that church.
No real pastor wants to put their church in that kind of limelight.
This is a family that only cared about their needs and wants. Typical gays.
as for the congregation really ? you think every single one of them wanted this ?
trust me they'll get over him in a heartbeat.
Well since he performed the ceremony in 2007 and no one in the congregation complained about it until this year...I would say his congregation didn't mind. It was probably some new member who was a homophobic idiot that wrote the letter to cause trouble. I think the minister and his congregation should go start their own church!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since he performed the ceremony in 2007 and no one in the congregation complained about it until this year...I would say his congregation didn't mind. It was probably some new member who was a homophobic idiot that wrote the letter to cause trouble. I think the minister and his congregation should go start their own church!
tell him to try Islam.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
tell him to try Islam.
Why don't you try it, seems like a perfect fit for you!
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Please wrote:
<quoted text>You mentioned a Methodist Minister well that's explains it then we know their not right in the head I mean look at the Jehovah Witness .
Listen buddy, a Christian is a Christian...what is it with all you different sects thinking you are better and the only right ones? The way you all down each other, I would be surprised if there are 5 people in Heaven. You should be ashamed!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try it, seems like a perfect fit for you!
naw i already got a church.
but you could use some religion. I really think Islam would be a good fit for you and your gay buddies. They have a different meaning of giving head.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
naw i already got a church.
but you could use some religion. I really think Islam would be a good fit for you and your gay buddies. They have a different meaning of giving head.
You're just all full of Christian love aren't you? Shame on you...Get to Church, I think you need to be filled again!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way do you expect a 7 year old girl to react to the abuse by her own father? You certainly are not qualified to counsel anyone in this area. You made a young girl who already
felt horrible guilt and shame - it comes with the territory...feel that she was responsible. She never returned...I hope she is ok.
Maybe you need to work on your delivery...show some of that grace that is shown to you by God.
Do you think the girl was never shown grace?

Did it help her???

Why did you abuse the truth about what I said?
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the girl was never shown grace?
Did it help her???
Why did you abuse the truth about what I said?
I don't know if she was ever shown grace, you certainly didn't show her any. Would it have helped her? Maybe, a little grace can go a long way some times...
No where did you answer my question...in what way did you expect a 7 year old girl to react? I did not abuse what you said...I have an almost photographic memory.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if she was ever shown grace, you certainly didn't show her any. Would it have helped her? Maybe, a little grace can go a long way some times...
No where did you answer my question...in what way did you expect a 7 year old girl to react? I did not abuse what you said...I have an almost photographic memory.
Of course she was. You did on here. Enabled her victimization.

I didn't say you made a mistake about what I said, I said you lied.
John

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

who ever said being 'different' was ok.
I'm sick of hearing about the five or six homes running around crying about the way they are treated because no one understands them. Good grief who gives a crap about them at all anyway! Pverts are pverts no matter.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she was. You did on here. Enabled her victimization.
I didn't say you made a mistake about what I said, I said you lied.
I didn't lie, you told her she was responsible for the abuse because she did not tell anyone. When she told you why she didn't tell, you told her she was still responsible because not telling allowed it to continue. For heavens sakes, she was 7, who was she to tell? She didn't have a mother, her father was wealthy and influential in the community...She was frightened and didn't understand what was happening to her. You then told her she was responsible for her reaction!

Why don't you admit you were heartless and cruel, ask God for forgiveness...maybe he will show you the grace you refused to show her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lie, you told her she was responsible for the abuse because she did not tell anyone. When she told you why she didn't tell, you told her she was still responsible because not telling allowed it to continue. For heavens sakes, she was 7, who was she to tell? She didn't have a mother, her father was wealthy and influential in the community...She was frightened and didn't understand what was happening to her. You then told her she was responsible for her reaction!
Why don't you admit you were heartless and cruel, ask God for forgiveness...maybe he will show you the grace you refused to show her.
You lied.

Telling someone they are responsible for abuse and telling someone they are responsible for their response are two very distinct things.

I don't necessarily expect a 7 year old to tell someone, but this went on for years. Moreover, part of the power of victimization is the haunting that they deserved it. Confronting the victimizer establishes first and foremost in the victim the truth that they are a person who deserves respect.

Here is the difference between you and I. You encourage and enable a victim to embrace their victimization. I encourage them to confront their victimization so they can move past it.

I'd suggest you read up on victimization for the victims sake, and enablement for your sake.
Ace

Du Quoin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You were okay with just "life isn't fair" part. Everyone is born with an equal opportunity to become unequal.
However, then you went on, and ruined your stance on the issue by babbling nonsense.
1)Gays can't reproduce- while this is true, there are literally thousands of children that have been brought into the world by straight people that have been orphaned and/or abused. I, for one, would much rather have an innocent child brought up in a loving environment with two caring parents, than to leave the child in an unloving and uncaring environment where it is doomed to fail before being given an adequate chance at life.
2)Gays will cost society more money, due to an increased chance of AIDS- All right, the huge AIDS/HIV fear argument was very popular in the 90's, before people were required to have the in-depth sex education courses we have now. AIDS is spread when people engage in sexual acts with partners that either aren't informed of their partner having AIDS, which is illegal, and/or improper usage of the proper preventative measures. AIDS exists in society, sure, however, it is not exclusive to the gay community, nor should it be used as leverage against homosexuals. You make it sound as though being gay puts you at higher risk to be infected, which is untrue. Having sex with an HIV positive partner, puts you at a higher risk. Being gay does not handicap the judgment of an individual to engage in safe sex. If you're trying to use the anal sex argument, well, I'm afraid that as of 2010, more straight couples are engaging in anal activities than ever before, and, therefore, we're all at higher risk.
3) Children will be socially handicapped for having gay parents-
The reason that children are currently teased for having gay parents, is because straight parents and religious zealots tend to spout off at the mouth about how it is "wrong" or "immoral" for gays to be together. Most children don't have any concept of why being gay is wrong, they've simply been told that it's wrong, and go on believing that that must make it wrong. As gays become less discriminated against, the traditional outlook that being gay makes someone inferior will work its way out of society, and stop being an issue for children. If parents think it's wrong to be gay, that's fine, but don't plant a seed of hate in an innocent child when the only defense you have against gays is that they are different, and so you don't like them.
*Disclaimer: I am a young, straight, married male. This is purely my opinion.
4) supporting gay sexual acts is against gods word and will send our children to hell. You left out the most important reason. It's also our responsibility to teach our children right from wrong. Gods law should carry more weight than mans law if you want eternal life. Personally I love my kids and want the best for them, and don't wish to send them to hell by teaching them going against gods word is ok.
My opinion. Gay people can go to heaven to if they refrain from gay sex and live by gods word. We all have to live with our own trials and tribulations. It's in my spirit to kill, should I kill? No. Brothers and sisters should be loved as brothers and sisters, not as lovers!
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just all full of Christian love aren't you? Shame on you...Get to Church, I think you need to be filled again!
yeah i've seen plenty of gays and atheist love here. Such as swear words that were so bad they had to be disguised because otherwise they would have been blocked by Topix.
So clean your own house before you lecture me.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
4) supporting gay sexual acts is against gods word and will send our children to hell. You left out the most important reason. It's also our responsibility to teach our children right from wrong. Gods law should carry more weight than mans law if you want eternal life. Personally I love my kids and want the best for them, and don't wish to send them to hell by teaching them going against gods word is ok.
My opinion. Gay people can go to heaven to if they refrain from gay sex and live by gods word. We all have to live with our own trials and tribulations. It's in my spirit to kill, should I kill? No. Brothers and sisters should be loved as brothers and sisters, not as lovers!
Was 'God' wearing a blue robe or a white one when he told you this? You're definitely a good reason to require all prospective parents to submit to an IQ test...
tim

Hinckley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Is Saluki Rod still married to his main man?
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Was 'God' wearing a blue robe or a white one when he told you this? You're definitely a good reason to require all prospective parents to submit to an IQ test...
if you're trying to connect the KKK with ALL the churches you couldn't be more wrong.
While the KKK loves to try to use religion in their rant that doesn't mean the church supports them.
Just the opposite churches overwhelmingly oppose the KKK and everything they stand for.

Hate groups throughout history have tried to use religion to give them a look of legitimacy.
Even Hitler tried that.
But in the true face of reality hate groups are just hate groups and are not religious groups.

Your gay organizations are also nothing more then hate groups. If they don't get their way they too use hate as their tool. Great example is the numerous hate posts from gays in here filled with swear words.

So if KKK is all you got i suggest you find another forum. The KKK has nothing to do with the legal issues of gay marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,081 - 40,100 of46,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,033,144
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Grand Birther 167,357
Abby 4-16 8 min Mister Tonka 13
Abby 4-14 12 min PEllen 41
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 13 min RJS 7,542
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min PEllen 95,943
Amy 4-16 22 min j_m_w 7
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••