Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
40,041 - 40,060 of 49,272 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the problem isn't with us, but with those determined to see that "no good will come of it."
THEY will be the aggressors, as they have been our entire lives.
you mean the majority of the voters are your aggressors ?
don't make me laugh.
you can't win through the normal process.
so in your hate you have to resort to finding a liberal judge to give you what you can't earn through the legit means.
who is the real aggressor now ?
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that you are too stupid to understand the concept of a Republic?
Why does that not surprise me?
Hate to burst your bubble, little bigot but it passed by referendum in both Maryland and Maine.
so you only believe in the system when you win.
And if you fail through the system then you cry to some liberal judge to get your way.
what a hypocrite.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
I know this is hard for you to accept, but once Xtain churches started offering gay marriage rites you cannot ban them any longer. That is a violation of the first amendment. Also, offering tax breaks to hetero marriages that are not available to "civil unions" is a violation of the 14th Amendment.
Maybe you'd be happier in a place that followed biblical law more strictly instead of the Constitution of the US? Like Uganda?
i guess you don't read your pal Dusty's posts.
He claims churches will always be able to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to marry.
i wish you gays would get it together.
But i guess since you gays are so full of hate you don't even realize you contradict each other.

for the record since you don't read Dusty's rants
i'm against churches marrying gays. And i fear that it will be forced upon them.
so maybe you should be arguing with Dusty - he don't agree with you.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No good will come of it? Kind of like when Slavery was banned, even though that was not a popular thing to do in many of the same states that now are attacking gay marriage?
What are you going to do, little bigot? Cry?
You act like you have some kind of power in this relationship when it is quite clear that the gays have made you Xtians their little bitches.
Poor little bigot. It hurts to lose, I know. But crying and acting indignant only makes you look like a spoiled little child.
Slavery was an entirely different issue.
From what i've learned the blacks don't see their struggle to gain civil rights the same as gays demanding marriage rights.
If you want to do a comparison of the two i suggest you take it up on a civil rights thread.
You might be in for a real surprise. They don't really agree with your struggle being equal to their.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
get your facts straight.
gay marriage doesn't pass anywhere. Voters have always voted it down.
It gets forced upon us through the actions of the courts by LIBERAL judges.
It by no means is a victory for the majority of the people. And does not represent the way the majority of the people vote. When you have to force a victory its really a hollow victory.
In the end no good will come of it for you.
Get YOUR facts straight. Rights aren't supposed to be voted on by people who already have them. Rights are rights, and people don't have the authority to deny them to particular groups by a popular vote.

In each and every case where voters have attempted define marriage as one man/one woman, that either has been, or will be overturned.

Your tenacity here is really quite admirable, given that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery was an entirely different issue.
From what i've learned the blacks don't see their struggle to gain civil rights the same as gays demanding marriage rights.
If you want to do a comparison of the two i suggest you take it up on a civil rights thread.
You might be in for a real surprise. They don't really agree with your struggle being equal to their.
This clearly does not apply to all African-Americans.

Corretta Scott King was a huge advocate LGBT rights. She was known to say that where equality is denied for any, equality is denied for all.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
He claims churches will always be able to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to marry.
But i guess since you gays are so full of hate you don't even realize you contradict each other.
i'm against churches marrying gays. And i fear that it will be forced upon them.
Churches have always had the right to deny marriage to a couple for ANY reason. That's because a religious ceremony is NOT required to make a marriage official.

My former congregation DID perform SSM, but we only performed marriages for people that were actually members of the congregation. We had a lovely chapel that was in demand and we would have been in the business of running a marriage mill had we allowed non-members to get married there.

Every state that has legislated SSM has also clearly stated that churches are not required to recognize, or perform ceremonies.

For government purposes, a civil ceremony is all that is required, though many churches willingly choose to perform gay weddings.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Get YOUR facts straight. Rights aren't supposed to be voted on by people who already have them. Rights are rights, and people don't have the authority to deny them to particular groups by a popular vote.
In each and every case where voters have attempted define marriage as one man/one woman, that either has been, or will be overturned.
Your tenacity here is really quite admirable, given that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
actually you need to get a clue.
marriage was always governed by state LAWS
state laws for example set age restrictions with variations from state by state.
so don't hand me this nonsense that rights are rights as though you always had the right to gay marriage. Take a hint you never had that right before.
Gays have bastardized marriage into thinking its somehow should be controlled by judges when in fact it never was set up that way.
Unfortunately that seems to be the more effective way to ruin and demean marriage.
But what comes around goes around. Sooner or later it'll be your undoing. If not in this life then next life.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling!
when all else fails you then you SPAM this thread
what a sad hateful little man you are
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches have always had the right to deny marriage to a couple for ANY reason. That's
don't tell me.
tell that to your anal booty buddy TRUTH
he is the one is saying churches will be forced to do it.
he plays on your sex team you need to get him on board
otherwise one of you is a liar
just my opinion i think its you.
on this issue i actually think TRUTH is right.
gays are trying to force churches into marrying gays

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
actually you need to get a clue.
marriage was always governed by state LAWS
state laws for example set age restrictions with variations from state by state.
Was there a popular vote to create all of the state rights? No, we elected officials to do that for us.

Again, using a popular vote to deny rights to anyone is patently wrong.

Wrong.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
don't tell me.
tell that to your anal booty buddy TRUTH
he is the one is saying churches will be forced to do it.
he plays on your sex team you need to get him on board
otherwise one of you is a liar
just my opinion i think its you.
on this issue i actually think TRUTH is right.
gays are trying to force churches into marrying gays
Read the legislation in states, like Illinois, where marriage equality was determined through legislation. In EVERY case, churches have been excluded from mandatory participation. There was simply NO WAY the legislation would have passed had churches been mandated to perform SSM.

Your opinion matters not in the real world.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a popular vote to create all of the state rights? No, we elected officials to do that for us.
Again, using a popular vote to deny rights to anyone is patently wrong.
Wrong.
what do you think laws are ?
laws are rules and regulations that govern our rights.
Laws are written by people we voted for. Did you miss the word VOTE
and if we really get lucky they let us vote directly for issues placed on state and local ballots.
in any case all rights are govern by a vote somewhere.
Unless you get some jackass judge to go against the will of the majority which is how gays do it because gays don't have the support of the majority of people.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>

Your opinion matters not in the real world.
you don't live in the real world. I do.
you live in a gay environment created by perverts like yourself. And you lie to yourself that it is acceptable.
But then the truth hits you and you realize your perversion is not acceptable so you have to get a judge to enforce your perversion into being legally accepted.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/21/fe...

love it.
but we won't win in the long run.
The courts are mostly LIBERALS and GAYS so they are sure to find another judge to over rule this.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches CAN refuse to marry ANYONE they don't want to.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd
did you even read what i wrote that you quoted.
like the last two lines
I'M AGAINST CHURCHES THAT PREFORM GAY MARRIAGES
got it now ?

my post was to a clown named TRUTH who said the HAVE to marry gays.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you think laws are ?
laws are rules and regulations that govern our rights.
Laws are written by people we voted for. Did you miss the word VOTE
and if we really get lucky they let us vote directly for issues placed on state and local ballots.
in any case all rights are govern by a vote somewhere.
Unless you get some jackass judge to go against the will of the majority which is how gays do it because gays don't have the support of the majority of people.
No, phucktard, many states have marriage through legislation, not judicial rulings.

It's a moot point, we have marriage equality and all you can do about it is piss your panties.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, phucktard, many states have marriage through legislation, not judicial rulings.
It's a moot point, we have marriage equality and all you can do about it is piss your panties.
such language.
and you gays wonder why we don't want you getting married in our churches
you are a real piece of work.
when you can't make a point you always revert to insults.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
such language.
and you gays wonder why we don't want you getting married in our churches
you are a real piece of work.
when you can't make a point you always revert to insults.
I, and others, have made out point numerous times. We can't be held accountable for your comprehension issues.

Trust me, whatever YOUR church is, ain't nobody wanting to get married there. There are too many other congregations with real Christians who support us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-22 3 min Toj 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Aphelion 1,096,258
Chicagoans head to Ferguson to join protests 8 min reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Pippa 97,832
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min JOEL 68,855
Defrocked priest pleads not guilty to new sex a... 28 min nOgOd 2
Word (Dec '08) 41 min not a ghost 4,634
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 176,808

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE