Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
40,041 - 40,060 of 49,534 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46613 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you don't read your pal Dusty's posts.
He claims churches will always be able to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to marry.
i wish you gays would get it together.
But i guess since you gays are so full of hate you don't even realize you contradict each other.
for the record since you don't read Dusty's rants
i'm against churches marrying gays. And i fear that it will be forced upon them.
so maybe you should be arguing with Dusty - he don't agree with you.
Churches have always had the right to deny marriage to a couple for ANY reason. That's because a religious ceremony is NOT required to make a marriage official.

My former congregation DID perform SSM, but we only performed marriages for people that were actually members of the congregation. We had a lovely chapel that was in demand and we would have been in the business of running a marriage mill had we allowed non-members to get married there.

Every state that has legislated SSM has also clearly stated that churches are not required to recognize, or perform ceremonies.

For government purposes, a civil ceremony is all that is required, though many churches willingly choose to perform gay weddings.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46615 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Get YOUR facts straight. Rights aren't supposed to be voted on by people who already have them. Rights are rights, and people don't have the authority to deny them to particular groups by a popular vote.
In each and every case where voters have attempted define marriage as one man/one woman, that either has been, or will be overturned.
Your tenacity here is really quite admirable, given that you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
actually you need to get a clue.
marriage was always governed by state LAWS
state laws for example set age restrictions with variations from state by state.
so don't hand me this nonsense that rights are rights as though you always had the right to gay marriage. Take a hint you never had that right before.
Gays have bastardized marriage into thinking its somehow should be controlled by judges when in fact it never was set up that way.
Unfortunately that seems to be the more effective way to ruin and demean marriage.
But what comes around goes around. Sooner or later it'll be your undoing. If not in this life then next life.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46616 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is falling!
when all else fails you then you SPAM this thread
what a sad hateful little man you are
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46617 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches have always had the right to deny marriage to a couple for ANY reason. That's
don't tell me.
tell that to your anal booty buddy TRUTH
he is the one is saying churches will be forced to do it.
he plays on your sex team you need to get him on board
otherwise one of you is a liar
just my opinion i think its you.
on this issue i actually think TRUTH is right.
gays are trying to force churches into marrying gays

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#46619 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
actually you need to get a clue.
marriage was always governed by state LAWS
state laws for example set age restrictions with variations from state by state.
Was there a popular vote to create all of the state rights? No, we elected officials to do that for us.

Again, using a popular vote to deny rights to anyone is patently wrong.

Wrong.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#46620 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
don't tell me.
tell that to your anal booty buddy TRUTH
he is the one is saying churches will be forced to do it.
he plays on your sex team you need to get him on board
otherwise one of you is a liar
just my opinion i think its you.
on this issue i actually think TRUTH is right.
gays are trying to force churches into marrying gays
Read the legislation in states, like Illinois, where marriage equality was determined through legislation. In EVERY case, churches have been excluded from mandatory participation. There was simply NO WAY the legislation would have passed had churches been mandated to perform SSM.

Your opinion matters not in the real world.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46621 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a popular vote to create all of the state rights? No, we elected officials to do that for us.
Again, using a popular vote to deny rights to anyone is patently wrong.
Wrong.
what do you think laws are ?
laws are rules and regulations that govern our rights.
Laws are written by people we voted for. Did you miss the word VOTE
and if we really get lucky they let us vote directly for issues placed on state and local ballots.
in any case all rights are govern by a vote somewhere.
Unless you get some jackass judge to go against the will of the majority which is how gays do it because gays don't have the support of the majority of people.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46622 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>

Your opinion matters not in the real world.
you don't live in the real world. I do.
you live in a gay environment created by perverts like yourself. And you lie to yourself that it is acceptable.
But then the truth hits you and you realize your perversion is not acceptable so you have to get a judge to enforce your perversion into being legally accepted.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46623 Dec 21, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/21/fe...

love it.
but we won't win in the long run.
The courts are mostly LIBERALS and GAYS so they are sure to find another judge to over rule this.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#46624 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you don't read your pal Dusty's posts.
He claims churches will always be able to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to marry.
i wish you gays would get it together.
But i guess since you gays are so full of hate you don't even realize you contradict each other.
for the record since you don't read Dusty's rants
i'm against churches marrying gays. And i fear that it will be forced upon them.
so maybe you should be arguing with Dusty - he don't agree with you.
Churches CAN refuse to marry ANYONE they don't want to.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46631 Dec 21, 2013
Imprtnrd
did you even read what i wrote that you quoted.
like the last two lines
I'M AGAINST CHURCHES THAT PREFORM GAY MARRIAGES
got it now ?

my post was to a clown named TRUTH who said the HAVE to marry gays.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#46633 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you think laws are ?
laws are rules and regulations that govern our rights.
Laws are written by people we voted for. Did you miss the word VOTE
and if we really get lucky they let us vote directly for issues placed on state and local ballots.
in any case all rights are govern by a vote somewhere.
Unless you get some jackass judge to go against the will of the majority which is how gays do it because gays don't have the support of the majority of people.
No, phucktard, many states have marriage through legislation, not judicial rulings.

It's a moot point, we have marriage equality and all you can do about it is piss your panties.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46634 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, phucktard, many states have marriage through legislation, not judicial rulings.
It's a moot point, we have marriage equality and all you can do about it is piss your panties.
such language.
and you gays wonder why we don't want you getting married in our churches
you are a real piece of work.
when you can't make a point you always revert to insults.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#46635 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
such language.
and you gays wonder why we don't want you getting married in our churches
you are a real piece of work.
when you can't make a point you always revert to insults.
I, and others, have made out point numerous times. We can't be held accountable for your comprehension issues.

Trust me, whatever YOUR church is, ain't nobody wanting to get married there. There are too many other congregations with real Christians who support us.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46636 Dec 21, 2013
yeah its kinda hard to have comprehension when you keep making grammar mistakes like MADE OUT POINT

You mean like that church that just defrocked their pastor.
I see that worked out well.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#46637 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
yeah its kinda hard to have comprehension when you keep making grammar mistakes like MADE OUT POINT
Yeah, I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that out. Context clues might be helpful.
Christmas Spirit

Kenosha, WI

#46638 Dec 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that out. Context clues might be helpful.
yeah and i noticed you ducked any comments about the pastor getting defrocked.
I guess its ok with you guys to ruin someone's life as long as you can legally have your anal sex.
Its all about your sexual desires never about anyone else.
well

Round Lake, IL

#46639 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
Do you mean the Methodist minister who performed the ceremony for his son and partner? Did you see his interview? He says he would do it again in a heartbeat...

All any loving parent wants is the happiness of their children, that man happens to have 3 children who are gay. His congregation still wants him...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46640 Dec 21, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought up the option of abortion in another thread...it was your first defense. "They can abort or..." What makes you so sure your sons and their future wives, or your grandchildren and their spouses won't abort any babies like you?
You told that poor young girl that she was responsible for what her father did to her...she was 7 when he started. What could she have done? How was she responsible? Do you know anything at all about sexual abuse? They groom their victims...they tell them that no one will believe them if they tell, etc. You were a complete asshole to her, I hope you have never ever counseled a victim of sexual abuse because your counsel could easily cause a suicide.
Your denial of the legality of same sex marriage just shows how nuts you are...
I noted that if epi-marker mistakes can be identified before birth, the option of abortion will be considered by those who are not pro-life. What does that have to do with my children and their choices?

I told the girl she was responsible for her reaction to the abuse, a huge difference from being responsible for the abuse. I stand by that assertion.

Your deliberate confusion about what I say only exposes your hateful bigotry.
well

Round Lake, IL

#46641 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I told the girl she was responsible for her reaction to the abuse, a huge difference from being responsible for the abuse. I stand by that assertion.
Your deliberate confusion about what I say only exposes your hateful bigotry.
In what way do you expect a 7 year old girl to react to the abuse by her own father? You certainly are not qualified to counsel anyone in this area. You made a young girl who already
felt horrible guilt and shame - it comes with the territory...feel that she was responsible. She never returned...I hope she is ok.

Maybe you need to work on your delivery...show some of that grace that is shown to you by God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min edogxxx 97,938
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,100,465
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min Frijoles 68,993
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 16 min Heisenberg 44
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 33 min newpoly 1,908
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,406
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 68,376
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE