Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52049 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46488 Dec 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the dumbing down of marriage to facilitate a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half, immediately opens the door to 'discrimination'.
This consequence simply exposes the fraud.
This isn't a "consequence" of anything except in your head. There's no correlation that you can establish and you know it. You remain a sterile, pointless moron.

Location hidden

#46489 Dec 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need to.
Your piece of paper changed nothing.
Who was talking about a piece of paper? Absolutely no one. The subject of the post was a marriage. One that the state, federal government, and society recognize as COMPLETELY EQUAL to that of you and your mutt wife. Not a damn thing your whining and repetitious nonsense can do to alter that! Smile cur.

Location hidden

#46490 Dec 18, 2013
CDC wrote:
Let's review shall we.
On one side we have people feeling threatened by the speed of changes in our society and are vocalizing their concerns..
No, they are vocalizing their fear. "Concerns" can be vocally articulated through cause and effect. Fear relies on a mythical "slippery slope" because no actual threat can be established as the cause of a concern. The only thing these people have that are vocalizing supposed "concerns" is their little Sky Santa Manual. Unfortunately for them, they are discovering that their Santa Book doesn't give them any type of authority whatsoever.
CDC wrote:
On the other side we have people benefiting from these changes who take this opportunity to bash on those with concerns.
"Bash". One of the favorite words of fundamentalist Christians. There's no bashing that has occurred. What you call bashing is actually just having your "concerns" revealed to be nothing more then prejudice.
CDC wrote:
It is ironic that a nation founded on religious freedom is now experiencing this situation.
Why is it ironic that we gays aren't being subjected to your personal religious beliefs in a country founded on the freedom of religion? Nothing ironic about it. We gays and we non Christians will ALWAYS be free of your religion in this country. Thank goodness for that.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46491 Dec 18, 2013
Your extreme paranoia is showing.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are vocalizing their fear. "Concerns" can be vocally articulated through cause and effect. Fear relies on a mythical "slippery slope" because no actual threat can be established as the cause of a concern. The only thing these people have that are vocalizing supposed "concerns" is their little Sky Santa Manual. Unfortunately for them, they are discovering that their Santa Book doesn't give them any type of authority whatsoever.
<quoted text>
"Bash". One of the favorite words of fundamentalist Christians. There's no bashing that has occurred. What you call bashing is actually just having your "concerns" revealed to be nothing more then prejudice.
<quoted text>
Why is it ironic that we gays aren't being subjected to your personal religious beliefs in a country founded on the freedom of religion? Nothing ironic about it. We gays and we non Christians will ALWAYS be free of your religion in this country. Thank goodness for that.
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46492 Dec 18, 2013
CDC wrote:
Let's review shall we.
On one side we have people feeling threatened by the speed of changes in our society and are vocalizing their concerns..
On the other side we have people benefiting from these changes who take this opportunity to bash on those with concerns.
It is ironic that a nation founded on religious freedom is now experiencing this situation.
i wouldn't quite put it that way.( feeling threatened )
its not a question of being threaten.
its more the reality of losing our rights as Christians. Nativity Scenes are removed from public displays, Christmas songs can't be sung in schools, crosses are removed in graveyards and now Churches face having to marry gays or face lawsuits.

As i said before religious people pretty much always ignored gays and atheist.
It wasn't until they attacked our way of life that we objected.
Even then many of us supported and voted for the idea of civil unions so they could have legal rights. I'm still in favor of equal civil union rights.
But its hard to keep helping them when they just keep slamming us.

Show me where they reached out to meet us.
Show me where they even reach out to anyone including their own.
Where are the hospitals, homeless shelters, food banks, etc created by gays and atheists.

watch how they will ignore these points and instead just bash me personally.
they won't ever discuss issues just insult posters.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#46493 Dec 18, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
its more the reality of losing our rights as Christians.{/QUOTE]What rights do you imagine that you are losing?[QUOTE who="Christmas Spirit"] Nativity Scenes are removed from public displays,
Only in communities that don't want to open public spaces to other displays of religious belief. If Christians can have their nativity scene, other faiths get to have their displays too and rather than having to deal with Satanists who want a memorial next to your nativity, no religion gets a display.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
Christmas songs can't be sung in schools,
Schools aren't allowed to force your children to sing Christian songs or that of any other religion.Secular Christmas songs get sung all the time in schools.
Christmas Spirit wrote:
crosses are removed in graveyards
http://www.snopes.com/politics /religion/cemetery.asp
Christmas Spirit wrote:
and now Churches face having to marry gays or face lawsuits.
Bearing false witness, how Christian of you. Since not even Catholics with a legal right to marry have a right to a Catholic wedding, claiming that Churches are going to be forced to perform same sex ceremonies is just a silly lie on your part. All that talk about Christians losing the right to be Christian and you couldn't even come up with a legitimate example And two were outright lies on your part. Shame on you.
Making it Complicated

Paris, IL

#46494 Dec 18, 2013
I don't understand why people feel its necessary to have the government represent their particular religion. I haven't seen anything that the government gets involved with stay successful for long term. I can't name one country i would want to live in that integrates religion in its government. In the United States we have freedom of religion...why doesn't everyone just go exercise that right and quit worrying about trying to influence other people. No one tells anyone they cant go to church or pray...why cant that courtesy be extended to those that aren't interested in religion. People don't go to public school to learn about or exercise religion. Quit complicating the situation...go be free and pray to whoever you want and keep it to yourself...don't waste an opportunity we are lucky to have...

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46495 Dec 18, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah your science is just filled with proof like
well there was a big bang. No idea how matter was created in a void but suddenly it just banged into existence.
or back in the day we were suppose to evolve from apes
now thanks to DNA we're no longer part of that evolution now were suppose to be cousins
and no matter how far back you want to say we go you still can't explain how we got here.
all life began in the sea ? so show me the direct links all the way back to that sea creature.
i want to see the bones of each creature along the way. Here is the hint none exist.
life itself we're just a bunch of chemicals. so put a human together make one totally from scratch. Or start out small make a mouse from scratch. You can't do it. You need life to make life. The closes you got is cloning and that requires life. Even then it goes wrong far more then it goes right.
Science does have its place. It certainly makes life easier for us.
But it can't be compared to God.
God can't be killed your statement is silly at best.
God of the gaps fallacy. Everything can't readily be explained, therefore god. Get real.

Bible god doesn't exist. It's for cowards who can't accept the finality of death.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46496 Dec 18, 2013
CDC wrote:
Chester, quit using your views on religion to make arguments. It makes you look childish.
What did your mommy make for breakfast?
<quoted text>
Your cult has been responsible for the discrimination and persecution of every racial or ethnic group in this country. Any cult that is used for evil (yours) is a failure. Your religion is a failure.

Hypocrisy is another Hallmark of your cult. "I can use religion to make my arguments, but don't you dare say anything about my religion". LMAO
Judge

Westville, IL

#46497 Dec 18, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
God of the gaps fallacy. Everything can't readily be explained, therefore god. Get real.
Bible god doesn't exist. It's for cowards who can't accept the finality of death.
An interesting note: If you take individuals from completely different countries...for example Iran and the USA...and you were to compare results from various scientific areas from both countries and then compare the religions in the same way...

There would be a great amount of consensus on science theories and science data. By this i mean their scientists studying a certain area would most likey be very similar to what our scientists studying the same area would conclude.(a simplistic example:the scientists would agree that 2 hydrogens and an oxygen make water even though they havent worked together to discover this)

However when you try to compare religions...there are many many differences. More differences than likenesses. If religion was that clear cut then it would have overlap like science.

Why would science overlap so well and religions be so different and varying?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46498 Dec 18, 2013
Are you for supporting SSM or just here to bash theists?
I'm thinking the later.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult has been responsible for the discrimination and persecution of every racial or ethnic group in this country. Any cult that is used for evil (yours) is a failure. Your religion is a failure.
Hypocrisy is another Hallmark of your cult. "I can use religion to make my arguments, but don't you dare say anything about my religion". LMAO
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46499 Dec 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Only in communities that don't want to open public spaces to other displays of religious belief. If Christians can have their nativity scene, other faiths get to have their displays too and rather than having to deal with Satanists who want a memorial next to your nativity, no religion gets a display. <quoted text>Schools aren't allowed to force your children to sing Christian songs or that of any other religion.Secular Christmas songs get sung all the time in schools. <quoted text> http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/cemet... <quoted text>Bearing false witness, how Christian of you. Since not even Catholics with a legal right to marry have a right to a Catholic wedding, claiming that Churches are going to be forced to perform same sex ceremonies is just a silly lie on your part. All that talk about Christians losing the right to be Christian and you couldn't even come up with a legitimate example And two were outright lies on your part. Shame on you.
your link didn't work
and all the other related snopes links were very out dated. Most were in the 2002 - 2009 range
but here are some RECENT links on the topic 2013 links
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/veterans-vow-to-f...
http://www.grandrapidscity.com/newsworld/news...
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/03/9143-at...
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46500 Dec 18, 2013
and i suppose you're going to say CBS news is fake news

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46502 Dec 18, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "difference" is that we have two of the same gender.
Everything else is moot.
Who do you think you are kidding? What an idiotic statement.

Who in hell are you to say that the numerous unique aspects of a male/female union are 'moot'?

It is stupendously stupid statements like that that stagger the intelligence of people.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#46503 Dec 18, 2013
fr ChristmasSpirit:

>...its more the reality of losing our rights as Christians. Nativity Scenes are removed from public displays, Christmas songs can't be sung in schools, crosses are removed in graveyards and now Churches face having to marry gays or face lawsuits....<

Not true. Check snopes.com before you post; you'll look a lot less foolish.
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46504 Dec 18, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr ChristmasSpirit:
>...its more the reality of losing our rights as Christians. Nativity Scenes are removed from public displays, Christmas songs can't be sung in schools, crosses are removed in graveyards and now Churches face having to marry gays or face lawsuits....<
Not true. Check snopes.com before you post; you'll look a lot less foolish.
i did
go check out my post above.
snopes listed all links from 2002 - 2009
they had nothing current
i posted 3 links all from 2013
maybe if you check my links you wouldn't look so foolish.

this one

#46505 Dec 18, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
your link didn't work
and all the other related snopes links were very out dated. Most were in the 2002 - 2009 range
but here are some RECENT links on the topic 2013 links
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/veterans-vow-to-f...
http://www.grandrapidscity.com/newsworld/news...
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/03/9143-at...
Two stories, neither about crosses being removed fro cemeteries, the Mt Soledad (formerly Easter) Cross has been a bone of contention for a couple of decades now, the federal government, the now owners of the property, scored a legal victory in '08 when a judge ruled that the cross wasn't a religious symbol, but that ruling was overturned on appeal, in the retrial, the government lost and the last word from the courts on the subject was that the government had 90 days to remove the illegal endorsement of religion, a ruling that has been stayed pending appeal. The memorial cross case in Coos Bay has yet to go to trial.

Funny that this was the ONLY portion of my post you replied to and odd you had absolutely nothing to say about being caught in a flat out lie, or the fact that you misstated each of your other supposed examples.

this one

#46506 Dec 18, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
and i suppose you're going to say CBS news is fake news
Once again, you can't fake having a clue.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46507 Dec 18, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>
this is another reason why things you say don't matter.
you never get it right about others.
i don't drink or smoke not condemning those who do its just not something i do.
No where on here have i stated anything about drinking.
But that doesn't stop you from your goofy wrong assumptions on others.
Says the phucktard who insists I enjoy anal sex.
Mr Shame On U

Terre Haute, IN

#46508 Dec 18, 2013
Shame on this lifestyle, shame, shame on u. Think about it...!:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,743,470
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 43 min Julia 12,209
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr Julia 6,961
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr Julia 1,059
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr Julia 3,805
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr Julia 2,568
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 7 hr SumGuy 218

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages