Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,987)

Showing posts 39,721 - 39,740 of48,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Yet you are STILL reading it.
Silly Chester.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess....you're xtian.
BTW, how many times are you going to post this pablum before you realize that "analy"[sic] is spelled "anally"?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IGNORANT STATEMENT #1. There is no such thing as "gay sex" or "gay sex life". There are no sexual acts that are confined to gays, nor are there any sex acts which only gays can or do perform. Thanks for demonstrating how ignorant you are.
<quoted text>
If you are an example of what he represents, I don't ever want to know your god. And that doesn't represent a problem in any way.
<quoted text>
Kettle, meet pot.
<quoted text>
IGNORANT STATEMENT #2. You seem to be under the impression that you've presented a point we can't argue. Was a point presented that wasn't opinion? Could you point out the post number please?
<quoted text>
So what? You're bible also states that eating shrimp is an abomination. It also states that there are winged creatures with four limbs. No one cares what your stupid Sky Santa Manual says. This is the United States. The Constitution trumps your silly book every day.
<quoted text>
IGNORANT STATEMENT #3. Globally, the majority of HIV (not AIDS, since AIDS isn't a disease, its a diagnosis moron) is spread through heterosexual contact. That's a FACT. The majority of people with HIV on this planet are straight people. That's a FACT.
<quoted text>
Only when an idiot like you shows up and thinks he knows something when he clearly doesn't.
<quoted text>
I don't call them anything. I don't spend my time thinking about such things. That's only you fundies that are all obsessed with other people's sex.
<quoted text>
No, you are simply spreading hate. You've presented no truth, only ranting fits of cray cray.
You are wrong yet AGAIN........
Why are gays more susceptible to getting HIV than straight people?
Answer
HIV travels more quickly through the gay male community because of the role versatility that is possible in gay sex. While HIV may be transmitted from the receptive partner to the insertive partner, it is FAR more common to happen the other way around in both heterosexual and gay pairings. Unlike straight men and women, gay men can take on both the insertive and the receptive role.

For illustrative purposes (meaning these are numbers that make the math easy and illustrate the point, but are not factual numbers), let's say that an insertive partner has a 50% of infecting his parter, where as a receptive partner only has a 10% chance. Using those numbers, we can say that if an HIV+ gay man has sex with 10 people, serving as the insertive partner 5 times and the receptive partner 5 times, he will infect 3 people (2.5 as insertive partner and .5 as receptive). If an HIV+ straight woman has sex with 10 people, she will be the receptive partner in each encounter (because she doesn't not have a penis), and will therefore infect only 1 person using the numbers above.

The illustration above shows how role versatility greatly accelerates the spread of HIV through the gay male community. Lesbians have the lowest risk of HIV transmission.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

You sure do respond to a lot of irrelevant stuff.
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians want for us is irrelevant. Christians aren't in control, and Christians have no authority in the issue.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Nope.
Just one jackass to another.
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a fine, loving Xtian you are.
Hypocritical POS.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong yet AGAIN........
Why are gays more susceptible to getting HIV than straight people?
Answer
HIV travels more quickly through the gay male community because of the role versatility that is possible in gay sex. While HIV may be transmitted from the receptive partner to the insertive partner, it is FAR more common to happen the other way around in both heterosexual and gay pairings. Unlike straight men and women, gay men can take on both the insertive and the receptive role.
For illustrative purposes (meaning these are numbers that make the math easy and illustrate the point, but are not factual numbers), let's say that an insertive partner has a 50% of infecting his parter, where as a receptive partner only has a 10% chance. Using those numbers, we can say that if an HIV+ gay man has sex with 10 people, serving as the insertive partner 5 times and the receptive partner 5 times, he will infect 3 people (2.5 as insertive partner and .5 as receptive). If an HIV+ straight woman has sex with 10 people, she will be the receptive partner in each encounter (because she doesn't not have a penis), and will therefore infect only 1 person using the numbers above.
The illustration above shows how role versatility greatly accelerates the spread of HIV through the gay male community. Lesbians have the lowest risk of HIV transmission.
Sorry dear, but made up numbers and a theory based on why gays might be more receptive doesn't alter the fact that the majority of AIDS diagnosis in the world are from heterosexual activates. That's a FACT.

Better luck with your next cut and paste.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

We should discuss this obsession of yours.
just me wrote:
Here's one for all you so called Xtains.
Do you believe your magical sky fairy is all powerful?
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

You sure know A LOT about a book you don't believe in.
just me wrote:
The bible also says that you need to send your wife out of the house for 5-7 days a month while she is menstruating because she is unclean, as is everything she touches. So do you have a house built out back for your wife and daughter's time of the month, or is it only PARTS of the Bible that are sacred to you?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

just me wrote:
Here's one for all you so called Xtains.
Do you believe your magical sky fairy is all powerful?
Absolutely. Nothing more powerful than GOD the creator....
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dear, but made up numbers and a theory based on why gays might be more receptive doesn't alter the fact that the majority of AIDS diagnosis in the world are from heterosexual activates. That's a FACT.
Better luck with your next cut and paste.
Here's another one to prove you wrong AGAIN....
This one by your awesome goverment....
aids.gov HIV/AIDS Basics

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another one to prove you wrong AGAIN....
This one by your awesome goverment....
aids.gov HIV/AIDS Basics
As always, maybe you can learn how to correctly post links sometime soon. But I went ahead and found the page on global statistics, I didn't see anything to support your accusation. Care to provide the exact verbiage?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for sharing your opinion, yet again. I'll try to remember that as we file our joint tax return. Gee, I hope that the IRS doesn't deny our claim based on your opinion.
You still are only ever a duplicate half of marriage.

It makes you insecure and embarrassed.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More ignorant gay troll ad homoan attacks.
I was answering a question about the Bible, not the Constitution. How's that comprehension problem going...
Reality trumps any distortion of the Constitution;
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage. And there is not one damn thing anyone can do about it.
Smirk.
just me wrote:
You ignore that I called you on a lie. Again.

Then you brag about articles that seriously question the ethics of ss couples deliberately birthing a child apart from a mother or father???

Do you understand the shame you expose for your cause?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay sex is mentioned as wrong by Paul, never by Jesus. Then again Paul was one of the biggest con men in human history. He stole Jesus' message and then bastardized it for his own profits. Which is why we have a Catholic Church whose pontiff has a multimillion dollar throne made of goldd and they have their own bank.
In Matt 19 Jesus offers three types of celibacy as an alternative to marriage between a man and a woman. The first type is homosexuality.

The vast majority of Christianity and history disagree with you about Paul.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You still are only ever a duplicate half of marriage.
It makes you insecure and embarrassed.
Smile.
And you're still irrelevant. I think you must be projecting about the insecure and embarrassed part, because nothing could be further from the truth.

Come to think of it, aren't people who go around denigrating OTHERS doing so to cover their own personal insecurities? Yup, you're projecting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Losing an argument? You fools have nothing. Every point you try to make is shot down and then when we make points and offer articles, they are completely ignored. You just go back to ad hominems and repeating the same debunked crap. You are like a five year old who thinks if he keeps annoying his parents he will finally get his way.
When it comes down to gay marriage will be the law in all 50 states in under 20 years. Xtainity will look as it does in Europe within the next 50-100. There will be less than 20% Xtians in this country before very long and then you will not be able to try to abuse the populace with your twisted, evil views any longer. I know, I know. You think this makes you a victim. There's a war against Xtians. I say keep fighting! The harder and meaner you fight, the more people turn away from your message of love and that's more soldiers for my side. Xtians like you are my greatest asset in trying to kill these silly bronze age superstitions.
You mean Islam with be forcing it's way into society here like it is Europe?

But even more important, in 8000 years of human history, ss couples have never established themselves in a single culture and spread. Not once. Christianity hasn't been around for 75% of that time.

Still excited???

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are getting married in Illinois...... and several other states since I first visited this thread. It will continue until all U.S. citizens are equal under the law.
The federal government is recognizing those marriages. Who's on the losing side? LMAO
I have yet to see a ss marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you. But your pissy little opinion really doesn't amount to much.
I stated pure, simple fact.

Ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

All you can do is deny reality.

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're still irrelevant. I think you must be projecting about the insecure and embarrassed part, because nothing could be further from the truth.
Come to think of it, aren't people who go around denigrating OTHERS doing so to cover their own personal insecurities? Yup, you're projecting.
Dusty, I'm not trying to denigrate you, I'm just slapping that silly denial out of you. You should be thanking me!

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated pure, simple fact.
Ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
All you can do is deny reality.
Snicker.
No, you didn't. It is merely your opinion that SSM is HALF a marriage. Does the federal government recognize half-marriages? M/F, F/F, or M/M equals marriage.

Keep saying it, however. It's all you've got left.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty, I'm not trying to denigrate you, I'm just slapping that silly denial out of you. You should be thanking me!
Smile.
The denial is all yours. And yes, the history of your posts is that of denigration.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,721 - 39,740 of48,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

135 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,072,205
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 45,481
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 min Dems Destroy Democracy 1,829
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 31 min Obama Sucks 7,562
Abby 7-11 59 min edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,158
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info