Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52089 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

well

Round Lake, IL

#46133 Dec 11, 2013
Christmas Spirit wrote:
<quoted text>

i discuss the love of God.
You need to find God if you want his forgiveness.
If you are any indication of Gods love...sorry I'm not interested.

Your kind of "Gods love" sends people running away from Christianity...good job. I am sure Satan is pleased with the work you so called Christians are doing.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#46134 Dec 11, 2013
CDC wrote:
Oh Chester, your though processes are just sooo limited.
You are more close minded than any fanatical Christian( or Muslim for that matter).
<quoted text>
I know the difference between reality and wishful thinking.

Religious faith = wishful thinking. Your cult has done its job.
Yur Funny

Dublin, CA

#46135 Dec 11, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are any indication of Gods love...sorry I'm not interested.
Your kind of "Gods love" sends people running away from Christianity...good job. I am sure Satan is pleased with the work you so called Christians are doing.
Yeah I wonder what "His" Jesus would have to say about the hatred towards his fellow man and women would say if he read his posts? I mean his ugly,vile,hateful posts go against everything that "His" Jesus ever taught and preached! I know a lot of good true Christians and he is NO true Christian! Sad and pathetic isn't he?
Bob

Waterloo, IL

#46136 Dec 11, 2013
bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the blacks, they blame other people for their dissatisfaction in life as well. "Everyone just wants things to be fair." Well, reality check, life isn't fair. Also, think about it like this. How will civilization continue to exist with there becoming more and more gays? Last time I checked, a dude can't get another dude pregnant. Don't gay people, men in particular, have a drastically increased risk of aids? Yes they do. Isn't that expensive to treat? Yes it is. Don't most people with aids not have health care? Well, yes. Who pays for their treatments then? The taxpayer. Oh, well its seems to me the american taxpayer should be up in arms because in a round about way, this will only cost them more. It's also un-natural for a child to be reared by gay's. That is already putting them behind the 8 ball to start their life. Kids are cruel, so why would you want to subject a kid to anymore cruelty? The list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
I suppose then you'd rather these children have dysfunctional strait parents that have a much higher divorce rate, tearing their family apart. Also, it is a misconception that gays get aids more anyways

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#46137 Dec 12, 2013
just me wrote:
You can get gay married in a Xtian church.
The ELCA offers gay marriage rites as well as UCC. Are you going to tell Xtian ministers with divinity degrees and decades practicing and preaching the word that they are not true Xtians? That only you, with your hatred and vitriol towards the world is correctly representing Christ?
Jesus quotes from the very beginning of the Bible, and Paul repeats it later;

Matthew 19:4-6 (NJB)
4 He answered,‘Have you not read that the Creator from the beginning made them male and female
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'

Ss couples can only ever be a fake imposter of the union of diverse genders.

The only thing a minister who 'marries' a ss couple establishes is their identity as apostate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#46138 Dec 12, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose then you'd rather these children have dysfunctional strait parents that have a much higher divorce rate, tearing their family apart. Also, it is a misconception that gays get aids more anyways
What a stupid comment.

That is the only option?

SS couples are only good parents?

Billions of tax money spent on AIDS education, and you are still dumb as a rock with deadly denial...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Works For Me"”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#46139 Dec 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
4 He answered,‘Have you not read that the Creator from the beginning made them male and female
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'
The only thing a minister who 'marries' a ss couple establishes is their identity as apostate.
Oh for Christs sake fool,STFU and stop with the big lie! Yours is but an opinion and meanwhile the Federal government and 16 states do in fact have marriage equality! Besides,people who live in glass houses and all that with you having sex and ruining family's in Hawaii and then losing a large civil suit in court! Then of all things you blow Hawaii and flee in order to get out of paying said civil judgement against you! Try a little reality for a change opinion boy!

Location hidden

#46140 Dec 12, 2013
KiMare'a wrote;

Falconetti wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for Christs sake fool,STFU and stop with the big lie! Yours is but an opinion and meanwhile the Federal government and 16 states do in fact have marriage equality! Besides,people who live in glass houses and all that with you having sex and ruining family's in Hawaii and then losing a large civil suit in court! Then of all things you blow Hawaii and flee in order to get out of paying said civil judgement against you! Try a little reality for a change opinion boy!
Wow, what a hateful, ad homoan gay troll attack!!!

Please look up the difference between statements of fact (what I posted) and opinion (what you posted).

Please post any such info about me. Meanwhile, check this out;

http://www.och-c.com/topstories/2010/0218/021...

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Works For Me"”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#46141 Dec 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare'a wrote;
<quoted text>
Wow, what a hateful, ad homoan gay troll attack!!!
Please look up the difference between statements of fact (what I posted) and opinion (what you posted).
Please post any such info about me. Meanwhile, check this out;
http://www.och-c.com/topstories/2010/0218/021...
Smile.
So very sorry sheeple boy but last time I checked Constitution trumps bible in this great nation! Like I stated,all you have are opinions and meanwhile 10's of thousands of same sex couples are marrying "Legally"! So whine away opinion boy reality just bit you on your ass! LOL

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46147 Dec 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you spend so much time contemplating another man's prostate?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46148 Dec 12, 2013
Shame On You Lying wrote:
<quoted text>Question have you read the bible REALLY did you miss the part about gay sex REALLY, 30 years and you still don't get it you should be ashamed of yourself saying your a christian bet your thinking your a Catholic father out on a hunt you better get right with God and quit the gay crap because according to the bible you aren't going to make it at least not in heaven I think Satan has a job opening for you and then you can get what you crave you perverted freak!
Your concern for my spiritual well-being is touching.
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46149 Dec 12, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concern for my spiritual well-being is touching.
you don't have a spiritual well being.
You have a perverted gay sex life in its place.

And that is where your problem is.
You don't know God.
I don't care how many years you spent in a church you wasted those years and learned nothing.

i get a kick out of the fact whenever you or other gays ruin into a point you can't fight you fall back on the line its your opinion.

Gay sex is mentioned as wrong in the bible. Its there not my opinion but part of scripture.
Aids is mostly spread through gay sex. That is a fact not an opinion.

Gays like you love to throw insults and name calling.
But what do you call someone who doesn't use a condom when engaging in anal sex ?

We don't spread hate we're telling you the truth and can't handle it. The hate is all on your end. Just look at the name calling in here. It comes far more from your side then ours.

here is where you say your famous line - that is all just your opinion. Yeah right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46150 Dec 12, 2013
I make my living advancing scientific knowledge.
We would most likely disagree on the meaning of this article.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21749-a...
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between reality and wishful thinking.
Religious faith = wishful thinking. Your cult has done its job.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
boe

Winchester, VA

#46151 Dec 12, 2013
zip

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#46152 Dec 12, 2013
CDC wrote:
I make my living advancing scientific knowledge.
We would most likely disagree on the meaning of this article.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21749-a...
<quoted text>
Of course we would see different meanings. Godbots have a tendency to take what they read and translated it to mean what they want it to. 51,000 different sects of xtian cults, and 51,000 interpretations of your book of lies demonstrates this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#46153 Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46154 Dec 12, 2013
I would consider someone without a belief in God as unintelligent.
You see Chester according to the article you are not using part of your brain.
What is your spin on it?
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we would see different meanings. Godbots have a tendency to take what they read and translated it to mean what they want it to. 51,000 different sects of xtian cults, and 51,000 interpretations of your book of lies demonstrates this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#46155 Dec 12, 2013
CDC wrote:
I would consider someone without a belief in God as unintelligent.
You see Chester according to the article you are not using part of your brain.
What is your spin on it?
<quoted text>
It absolutely never says that anywhere in the article. Point it out to me, please. You are demonstrating exactly what I described in my previous post. You interpret things to mean whatever you want them to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#46156 Dec 12, 2013
I'll consider that's your spin.
Oh Chester, take a reading comprehension class.
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely never says that anywhere in the article. Point it out to me, please. You are demonstrating exactly what I described in my previous post. You interpret things to mean whatever you want them to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christmas Spirit

Racine, WI

#46157 Dec 12, 2013
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
51,000 different sects of xtian cults, and 51,000 interpretations of your book of lies demonstrates this.
i confess i don't know the exact number of current christian religions out there but i doubt its in 51000.
I would say prove it but you guys are always short on proof.

Yes we do disagree on some interpretations but the main message still remains the same.

One of the wrong points you guys make is about faith being blind faith.
Yet here you are saying we all have different interpretations.
Well if our faith was blind we wouldn't be having different interpretations now would we ? Blind faith would imply blindly following it without a need for interpretations.
The fact that we have differences in our interpretations indicate we don't blind faith. We have real faith.
We understand our faith through our interpretations.

Even in science there is both faith and interpretations.
You seek to understand science so you can have faith in it.
Yet you would act like its a bad thing for Christians to want to understand their faith.

Sorry you can't have it both ways.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,483,061
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min JRB 234,467
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 21 min GEORGIA 2,390
last post wins! (Apr '13) 42 min honeymylove 2,180
29 people shot in about 24 hours: It's not even... 45 min Where Is Trump 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,981
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 2twisted 10,099

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages